• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

It's not that. Does anyone have a video with the set being played?

Not sure what else it could be then. I don't remember hearing anything jazzy in the set, unless it's Calling to the Night from Portable Ops but I'm pretty sure that's not there.

Really don't like how it's sets now, give me songs dammit, give me heavens divide!

Shouta

The only map that I think doesn't have good vantage points is the oil field, the sniping itself seems to be the hard part. Crazy sway and a complete necessity for head shots is what makes sniping so hard.

There aren't many good vantage points really. Most are super exposed and you can figure them out pretty easily. The other problem is that even if you do get a kill, the opponent gets to see where you are on the map.

-Deimos

Anybody know the name of that jazz sounding "MPO Set" theme?
Not sure what else it could be then. I don't remember hearing anything jazzy in the set, unless it's Calling to the Night from Portable Ops but I'm pretty sure that's not there.

Really don't like how it's sets now, give me songs dammit, give me heavens divide!

Pretty sure this is the ambient music: https://youtu.be/WxH5uT6g-Bc

I don't remember what the action music they used is though.

edit: I think it was this https://youtu.be/6TqYZxMXNmk
Roubjon got it.

While we're at it, I'd also like to mention again how amazing the MPO soundtrack is.
lol beat me again.

Mature

Man, the UN-AAM seriously is super powerful. I guess that's why they give it to Enforcers at 25. The sway & spread on it is lower than the LPG-61 and significantly lower than the ALM 48 meaning you can full auto it from half the map and still get folks without having to aim all that much. If you want, you can put the dot scope on, and lay prone and you'll get some serious accuracy using it at full throttle.

The ALM 48 is super super awful.
Yeah, I got the UN-AAM today. Best LMG as far as I can tell. Are you running Weapons*3 with Smoke Launcher/UN-AAM too? Lol

Demoskinos

There aren't many good vantage points really. Most are super exposed and you can figure them out pretty easily. The other problem is that even if you do get a kill, the opponent gets to see where you are on the map.

You can use that to your advantage though. Plenty of people will just haphazardly charge your sniper spot a well placed trap or ambush and they'll play into your hands a good portion of the time.

RangerBAD

there's only like 3 maps with decent sniping positions. first and second day i was experimenting with scout and i stopped playing it when 90% of the players i sniped would come after me since the camera pans towards the player that killed you. i mean, what's the point of trying to be stealthy? lol

Well, I was using non-lethal so there's no death cam. Still doesn't matter. Walkers don't get caught by plushies. MGO2 was so much better, but a lot harder too.

Is there something wrong with stun weapons? Sometimes, when I knock people out with the stun shotgun, I get knocked out myself. Similarly, when I choke someone out, I get knocked out as well. This happens when nobody's attacking me, my character just falls to the ground after knocking the other person out. It makes both of these approaches useless.

Just got thrown into a match where the whole team was infinitely stuck at the same spawn. Had no option to spawn anywhere else and literally just spawned into walker gear fire infinitely.

This is a broken game.

RangerBAD

Is there something wrong with stun weapons? Sometimes, when I knock people out with the stun shotgun, I get knocked out myself. Similarly, when I choke someone out, I get knocked out as well. This happens when nobody's attacking me, my character just falls to the ground after knocking the other person out. It makes both of these approaches useless.

That's called lag. Probably not on your side either.

Anyone look at profiles of players when in the lobby?

I've been doing so yesterday and today and it's 75% Japanese players. This game can't be that dead in the west already can it?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Anyone look at profiles of players when in the lobby?

I've been doing so yesterday and today and it's 75% Japanese players. This game can't be that dead in the west already can it?

I'm getting a lot of Japanese players which is good for my connection but I assumed it's because I was playing on PS3.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
What are the odds that once some of the extra hats and outfits come out, some are locked behind an ascension or two? If they might be, then I'll ascend. I don't really care about having to unlock everything again.

If not though, I don't know. The ghillie suit is ugly.

Shouta

Yeah, I got the UN-AAM today. Best LMG as far as I can tell. Are you running Weapons*3 with Smoke Launcher/UN-AAM too? Lol

I use different layouts for my UN-AAM and Smoke. I still need a bit of mobility to get around instead of weighing myself down with both. I run Demo 2 and Non-Lethal 2 on Smoke with Hand Grenades for the Sleep Launcher and I have the Revolver for my secondary. That still gives me B mobility, I think.

For the UN-AAM, Weapon 2/Lethal Aim 1/Tactical 1 with E-Locators. Though I might start using Sleep Mines instead to fortify a position for myself. That's B still too.

You can use that to your advantage though. Plenty of people will just haphazardly charge your sniper spot a well placed trap or ambush and they'll play into your hands a good portion of the time.

It only works for awhile though and it being easily seen can mean you're getting tagged with long-ranged gun fire or you run out of mines and stuff to defend yourself.

What are the odds that once some of the extra hats and outfits come out, some are locked behind an ascension or two? If they might be, then I'll ascend. I don't really care about having to unlock everything again.

If not though, I don't know. The ghillie suit is ugly.

I don't think there will be, I bet the majority of it will be micros. So log into SP first for rewards before jumping online and hang on to those MB coins.

I have to say though, it's stupid that you get 20/10 gear points if you use the server browser, but 100/50 if you go to automatching, especially since automatching is 90% rush modes.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I don't think there will be, I bet the majority of it will be micros. So log into SP first for rewards before jumping online and hang on to those MB coins.

I have to say though, it's stupid that you get 20/10 gear points if you use the server browser, but 100/50 if you go to automatching, especially since automatching is 90% rush modes.

Really? Seems dumb to ascend just for a single outfit and some GP, boo.

Really? Seems dumb to ascend just for a single outfit and some GP, boo.

They added stuff in MGO2 regularly enough and had special rewards for tournaments, but that was before microtransactions so who knows.

I'm saving my MB coins though in hopes of the return of the box head.

18hgtvu89zrlrjpg.jpg

I love the unique flow of each match type. This is why I don't agree with doing a pure Cloak and Dagger playlist. Switching between different game types does so much in a tactical shooter. You have to switch your play style and it keeps things exiting. It also helps compensate for the low number of maps. Gaf-bros have been amazing, thank god for communities.

Mike Golf

Anyone else experiencing incredible lag grab? I can literally be in the middle of diving clear away from someone and be grabbed, as in just about hitting the ground. Alternatively an opponents grab has numerous times cancelled mine even when I'm clear into my grab animation. I have only done this once to someone else where I pressed R2 when they're in my range and the game grabs them when they already ran clear past. It's infuriating at times when I know I had the clear advantage in dodging or CQCing first. At least in MGO2 when lag grabs happened you didn't have the risk of being KO'd on the first throw down.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Anyone else experiencing incredible lag grab? I can literally be in the middle of diving clear away from someone and be grabbed, as in just about hitting the ground. Alternatively an opponents grab has numerous times cancelled mine even when I'm clear into my grab animation. I have only done this once to someone else where I pressed R2 when they're in my range and the game grabs them when they already ran clear past. It's infuriating at times when I know I had the clear advantage in dodging or CQCing first. At least in MGO2 when lag grabs happened you didn't have the risk of being KO'd on the first throw down.

The best is when you grab someone and the bullets they were firing before you grabbed them end up killing you :v

Getting killed in the middle of your own CQC attack animation is a staple of any MGS online mode at this point. I'd almost feel nostalgic if it didn't happen.

Damn dollar store Konami servers.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Oh that's funny.

The dude also got a kill while asleep.

He lagged himself into a no-Fulton zone with 21 bounty points, haha.

The footage is good not only because of the 21 bounty teleport into room nonsense, but because the buddy spawn and other teammate both started firing at him regardless of the bounty, that their teammate may have been interrogating him, and even once he was dead. MGO3 in a nutshell.

Demoskinos

The footage is good not only because of the 21 bounty teleport into room nonsense, but because the buddy spawn and other teammate both started firing at him regardless of the bounty, that their teammate may have been interrogating him, and even once he was dead. MGO3 in a nutshell.

I ran into a new one last night. Fulton stealers. I got into a skirmish with two opposing team members and thanks to the knockdown power of the Bullhorn shotty was able to down both in a stun state but not before being knocked on my ass myself. Before I could get to the guys to Fulton them dude on my team runs up and Fulton's both out.

On one hand at least he did that but on the other...the coast was clear there were no other enemies to deal with. So stealing my points was a jerk move.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
To the guys I was playing with last night:

Sorry I'm not chatty, I have the plague and a sleeping child in the next room.

Was fun though. Up for it again!

J Range

I bought the special armor for enforcer yesterday. Does anynody else feel like it does nothing? I think i need to switch classes, enforcer seems to have nothing.

Facism

The community parties going up around this have been loads of fun. Everyone having a laugh, badhuman's doing his ocelot impressions in different voices.

Shit had me in tears.

Menthuss

Man, finding a lone attacker in Cloak and Dagger and interrogating him is basically an I-Win button. I can just pick off every attacker and don't ever have to worry about getting ambushed.

Hystzen

Got new a mic this weekend so I be actually chatting in MGO GAF parties later instead of being silent. Not sure what time be available but if leave a note on community page will try jump in. Had fun last week

Top Bottom