• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

demolitio

Idk. Plenty of my matches have been ruined by Fultons during C&D. I guess more points is a good point. Risk vs reward then?

Basically. If you don't think you're going to win with your team on the attacking side and it's bound to be 1-1, then points can mean the difference between winning and losing. I only do it if most of my team is doing stupid stuff and I realize we really need the points or if I set up a trap with my friend since it can be great bait.

First few days when everyone is low rank and still figuring stuff out, fine. I even shot a few blue balloons. But at this point people are just being assholes and trolls, can get aggravating.
Welcome to multiplayer gaming in 2015. It's so sad that so many people know they're intentionally exploiting or sabotaging something and still do it.

NeoGiff

I feel your pain.

tc9vecw.gif

Resilient

this MP is quickly becoming my favourite MP of the year. is gonna be good when a lot of these folk move on to H5 and CoD. had some great matches with some really good players last night.

Ironically, I just came from your thread where you're whining about PSN IDs. Being critical=whining!

Are joking?

In C&D they can have weapons that kill you before you're able to react. They'll body you and a buddy in no time if they have decent aim.

Yes, being with a buddy helps, but no, that isn't a great countermeasure for this design choice.

lol don't get so upset about a word. you weren't being critical, and i even said i was whining the same way you were, i just realised that my "criticisms" were really me just having a sook cause I hadn't adapted.

a lot of what I wrote addressed all the issues you had with the online at the time.
i'm not really fussed whether you like it or not, but if you give it another chance with what i said in mind, you may find it's a bit more enjoyable.

This and everyone going Infiltrator is why I stopped playing. Too much exploitable bullshit and too much lag for my taste.

Maybe the PC version will be modded to use dedicated servers. But I doubt it.

WHenever I've played a with a gaffer hosting the game has been fine, outside maybe one laggy player here and there, but with automatch or even searching manually produces laggy crap way too often, like every other game I join.

I'm not sure the game restricts player-count based on host internet connection, because my connection isn't suitable for hosting 16 players yet it lets me makes a game for 16 players. Other games don't let me do that, they'll limit me to 4-8 players.

Resilient

So this is what happens when we gafbros play together.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlS5gXj35HI

Also, for people saying points don't matter in C&D, we were down by about 1000 points and by the end up about 1500.

damn, of course points matter.

i've won games where it was not possible to steal the disc due to time, by simplying trapping/baiting other guys, 2 v 6, interrogating, killing, stunning, headshots etc. it's great!

konjak

Part of me wants to join you guys' games, but I fear I'm too shit at this (though somehow enjoying it msot of the time)

EDIT: Just read about "Field Report Lv.3" pretty much telling you when players look at you like single player? That sounds ridiculously powerful, but what constitutes a signal? Clear line between the two player models? Surely not a player camera seeing the one with Field Report?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Part of me wants to join you guys' games, but I fear I'm too shit at this (though somehow enjoying it msot of the time)

EDIT: Just read about "Field Report Lv.3" pretty much telling you when players look at you like single player? That sounds ridiculously powerful, but what constitutes a signal? Clear line between the two player models? Surely not a player camera seeing the one with Field Report?

It might be aiming at you with a weapon, but not positive. It sounds more useful than it is anyway, I imagine. Seems like when people aim most of the time, they're ready to shoot. I guess if you notice the alert and are quick on the dive it would save you though.

KOMANI

KOMANI

Don't worry about sucking. It's not about that. It's about having fun with like minded people and bonding with them. Come by, anytime.

Hatchtag

Banned
Screw those people who shoot enemies that I'm fultoning when there is no battle and no one in the area is possibly around.

I haven't had this happen in so long in C&D. I've done it before when I didn't know what I was doing, but I'm level 21 now and haven't seen this shit since like level 10.

KTallguy

Banned
I haven't had this happen in so long in C&D. I've done it before when I didn't know what I was doing, but I'm level 21 now and haven't seen this shit since like level 10.

It's definitely rarer but I sometimes see people shooting people that I've stunned and about to fulton or am currently interrogating. When that happens and there's no threat, it's usually because they want those points so they can level up faster. That's definitely annoying.

konjak

I haven't had the trouble others seem to have had, but tonight all I get is disconnects from servers...

EDIT: Getting reeeeeaaally sick of losing C&D because the god damn camo turns off switching weapons for no reason

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Sleep grenade launcher is so annoying. Probably 70% of the time I fall victim to it, the shooter isn't even around to fulton me, they are just launching the grenades everywhere and I have to wake up :(

As a related side note, it would be nice if enemies marked had some kind of status, like it would show a zzz above their marking if they were asleep or something. Maybe limit it to a high level Scout ability marking rather than electronic locator marking.

truly the real thing that needs to be nerfed

Now that I think about it I don't see why you should be able to kill someone who is being fultoned by a teammate.

I think right now the option exists for the purpose of trolling. I can't really think of a situation where you would want to kill someone who is being fultoned since fulton is technically a kill + extra lives based on bounty, where as shooting them cancels the bounty part in exchange for 150 points to the shooter.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
so i started using the d-walker.....dat k/d ratio

Frustrating as shit to deal with. You can be behind the motherfucker and attempt to CQC only to whiff due to lag.

P2P in the year of our lord, 2015. Come the fuck on, Konami.

Top Bottom