• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

I have developed tactics specifically because of the lag. Like never contesting someone else's CQC attempt because that just doesn't work.

Diving is useless if someone is running up to CQC. You will dive then teleport backwards into their grab.

If an enemy is freed from a fulton attempt do not CQC. Stay back and shoot.

And other things I can't remember at the moment.

I have developed tactics specifically because of the lag. Like never contesting someone else's CQC attempt because that just doesn't work.

Diving is useless if someone is running up to CQC. You will dive then teleport backwards into their grab.

it's your show now!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

What's really annoying is the times where you see them rushing your ass, you fill them with bullets and you're stunned into a fulton only for them to suddenly drop dead. It's like the game can't decide who the host sees as correct.

What's really annoying is the times where you see them rushing your ass, you fill them with bullets and you're stunned into a fulton only for them to suddenly drop dead. It's like the game can't decide who the host sees as correct.

See exhibit A

Is great how he was laying down getting shotgunned by me, then CQCs me somehow, then drops due to him being stunned from the shotgun.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
>4 Scouts on team
Whoa cool, I can finally give Scout a rest and play Enforcer for a bit
>0 electronic locators fired, barely any marking

T..thanks.

Also I wish the voice commands weren't so inconsistent across..class? avatar? I'm not sure what changes it but my Enforcer has "We're Surrounded" which is useless, but the Scout equivalent command is "They're flanking us" which I use all the time.

MB coins? That's terrible. This damn game better go the GTAO route and have free dlc thanks to these microtransactions.
I'm asking for a lot.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
MB coins? That's terrible. This damn game better go the GTAO route and have free dlc thanks to these microtransactions.
I'm asking for a lot.

If they'd at least make additional maps & modes free, we won't have a irredeemably fractured community.

Who am I kidding? NEVAGUNNA!

i was playing a lot of TLoU remastered MP (which i loved) the other night with a friend and it made me realize how terribly disappointing this MP is. the slower and more deliberate pace of TLoU MP is something that MGO should have attempted to match. the level design should be such that you can sneak around without having to use stealth camo as a crutch.

then i came back home and threw on MGO and it was complete lag fest. i think i'm just about done with playing it :(

MAX PAYMENT

i was playing a lot of TLoU remastered MP (which i loved) the other night with a friend and it made me realize how terribly disappointing this MP is. the slower and more deliberate pace of TLoU MP is something that MGO should have attempted to match. the level design should be such that you can sneak around without having to use stealth camo as a crutch.

then i came back home and threw on MGO and it was complete lag fest. i think i'm just about done with playing it :(

TLoU MP isn't any better. In fact, I think it's worse. It feels tacked on. Horrendous load times, weird balance issues, etc.

MGO needs some serious work, too. But neither, right now, are even close to A-list multiplayer modes.

Shari

TLoU MP isn't any better. In fact, I think it's worse. It feels tacked on. Horrendous load times, weird balance issues, etc.

MGO needs some serious work, too. But neither, right now, are even close to A-list multiplayer modes.

Agreed.

Is TLOU MP also P2P? This is ridiculous and the main offender why MGO can't be considered a proper 2015 online mode.

Demoskinos

Agreed.

Is TLOU MP also P2P? This is ridiculous and the main offender why MGO can't be considered a proper 2015 online mode.
Well let's look at the bright side here at least there isn't anymore Konami ID and Game ID nonsense. (and yes I know this doesn't justify the connections being shit)

Shari

Well let's look at the bright side here at least there isn't anymore Konami ID and Game ID nonsense. (and yes I know this doesn't justify the connections being shit)

Gimme konami ID and dedicated servers instead of this P2P lag shitfest that is the game right now.

I already handle a good dozen of logins for distinct game services that I dont want to use but I'm forced to, so one more in the sack won't hurt, as long as I can get an acceptable experience.

I think we would all agree that even in the smallest lag scenarios MGO is still unacceptably laggy for a 2015 game.

Demoskinos

Gimme konami ID and dedicated servers instead of this P2P lag shitfest that is the game right now.

I already handle a good dozen of login for distinct game services that I dont want to use but I'm forced too so one more in the sack won't hurt as long as I can get an acceptable experience.

I think we would all agree that even in the smallest lag scenarios is still unacceptable for a 2015 game.

Aye the CQC lag shenanigans are by far the most frustrating bit of this game.

Shari

Like that would stop it being a lag fest! :D

Did you play MGO2? It was equally, if not even more, terrible than MGO3 is right now.

I was talking about having the unconvenience of KonamiID in exchange for dedicated servers.

It was equally terrible in my book, but then again it was 2008, we are supposed to have advanced a tiny fucking little bit by now.

In my book dedicated servers are mandatory for online gaming, I mean it should not be even a choice by now, P2P is a protocol or communication system made for maximum availability of what's been shared between the peers, it was by no means thought for this and it fucking shows.

aember

Man, while that croc hat being a microtransaction isn't that surprising, I'm kind of shocked by the fact that they're actually giving us one whole new microtransaction item and yet not a word has been said about a patch.

Hatchtag

Banned
I mean, at this point I shouldn't be surprised, but I actually somehow am just because of how much alternate colors cost in MB coins. Do they really need to charge MB coins for new gear too?

NeoGiff

Shit, I already spent a lot of my MB coins on my famous zebra stripe BDU. I suppose I'll be able to buy a croc cap in... 9 years.

Hatchtag

Banned
Nope. You have to actually open up single player. It really sucks and it fucked me over too.

Oh, that's awesome that the game requires you to load the fucking single player but doesn't give you the bonus for opening it. Really goes hand in hand with the awesome menus that require you to mash a through them before it loads the game.
Seriously how do you fuck up designing the way a game loads so badly?

Alienous

If they support the multiplayer well I'm not opposed to supporting paid cosmetic items.

Let's get a balance patch before a squid hat, KPLA.

Oh, that's awesome that the game requires you to load the fucking single player but doesn't give you the bonus for opening it. Really goes hand in hand with the awesome menus that require you to mash a through them before it loads the game.

that said, free roam is stupid too...just another loading screen i dont need. Free roam should be an option from main menu

My friends have been abandoning me for various reasons so I've been playing by myself and it's been awful. I was in a match last night losing my shit because my team was losing but here I am with 7000 points and the second place on my team had 1800 (and even that was notably higher than third place), I can only carry some of these fools so much.

I already handle a good dozen of logins for distinct game services that I dont want to use but I'm forced to, so one more in the sack won't hurt, as long as I can get an acceptable experience.

I think we would all agree that even in the smallest lag scenarios MGO is still unacceptably laggy for a 2015 game.
No way, MGO2 had abysmal servers, at least in this if you have a good connection you can host a solid game. This game on a good connection works about as well as any CoD or Halo in my experience, the problem is people trying to host 16 player games on their Great Value Internet and thinking its the games fault.

Ashura_MX

It takes less than 30 seconds to get the rewards for the daily bonus, but I do agree freeroam and all the loading times are awful

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure they did, it's just that planning its release instead of being ready a week two patch shows where their priorities are.

Again, that was probably planned in advance of release.

Don't get me wrong, they should be working on a patch this very minute (I don't doubt they are), but I don't think the emergence of preplanned marketing and DLC is indicative of them not.

If that makes sense...?

Alienous

Again, that was probably planned in advance of release.

Don't get me wrong, they should be working on a patch this very minute (I don't doubt they are), but I don't think the emergence of preplanned marketing and DLC is indicative of them not.

If that makes sense...?

I get it, but this...

is more of what I want to see. Some acknowledgement of the turbulence. I'm waiting for "Here's a squid hat, but we want to emphasise that we are actively reading community feedback for future updates".

They didn't have a beta so I'm surprised they haven't talked about a patch yet.

I just want MGO not to die again. I've waited years.

mf.luder

In Cloak & Dagger, If you're attacking you can only bring non-lethal weapons and if you're defending you can only use lethal weapons. So if you choose a loadout without non-lethal weapons while you're attacking you'll be left with no weapons and vice versa for defenders. This only happens in CD and the game really should automatically change your loadout if it finds that you don't have any weapons instead of leaving you with nothing. That happened to me once, so I just followed my buddy around CQCing whoever was attacking him and waking him up whenever he was stunned lol.

Thanks for this. I realized this last night after playing and I was using my infiltrator non-lethal class. Just need to manage my guys better and remember my load outs since you have just a few seconds to choose.

Top Bottom