• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Thanks for this. I realized this last night after playing and I was using my infiltrator non-lethal class. Just need to manage my guys better and remember my load outs since you have just a few seconds to choose.

You can rename your loadouts too if that helps.
If you have a non lethal loadout with just a pistol you can add a lethal rifle etc. and it won't give a weight penalty in c&d.

Astral

I played this for the first time last night. It was...ok. I'm still getting the hang of it. What's the point of going pure non lethal? It seems useless aside from fultoning.

TLoU MP isn't any better. In fact, I think it's worse. It feels tacked on. Horrendous load times, weird balance issues, etc.

MGO needs some serious work, too. But neither, right now, are even close to A-list multiplayer modes.

I respectfully disagree. TLoU MP is great. It has a fair share of flaws-namely the pay to win microtransactions-but the core gameplay loop is really solid, and it has a much better balance and level design for stealth than MGO.

I respectfully disagree. TLoU MP is great. It has a fair share of flaws-namely the pay to win microtransactions-but the core gameplay loop is really solid, and it has a much better balance and level design for stealth than MGO.

I really like mgo and tlou as multiplayer games but there is no pay to win option in tlou. It is super balanced , unless you are a lone wolf or don't have a mic.

PC gamers already datamined that shit so why not just release them all at once?
Looking at those files again, there's a lot of weird shit now that the game is out. What the hell happened to the Missile mode? Friend listings, character presets which I assume are gear presets like in MGO2, a bunch of missing skills, what happened to that content? Did they cancel it or are they coming in a future update via drip feeding?

Alienous

I played The Last of Us multiplayer recently and still dominated the matches without access to micro-transaction weapons.

That game has a solid core balance. Everything feels viable. Nothing feels overpowered. It's a shame Naughty Dog's MP team have no shame when it comes to DLC.

I wish we could change camo during the start of the map because right now,theres no point in buying forest,desert etc patterns if you're gonna stick out like a sore thumb in urban areas for example.

Also,jesus christ at infiltrators,after 35 hours of MGO,i think i can safely say that the stealth gives players way too much of an advantage and straight up broken on certain maps such as jade forest or the map with the dam during raining. Good luck to anyone spotting infiltrators during the night version of any map as well.Yeah sure,I can spot the ones that are sprinting around like idiots but that applies to every class.I suppose it wouldnt be so bad if there was actual diversity in team setups,but usually its 8-9 infiltrators at minimum out of the 12 players. I've lost count how many times I was the only scout or enforcer in the game.Their supposed weakness of lower hp is completely negated by the shitty way the whole servers are handled and the fights come down to whoever sees the other one first.This lag is the worst of all,when i see my character clearly diving behind cover only to die a second later for seemingly no reason,from bullets shot from an impossible angle.

The spawning could use some work as well,its entirely too easy to spawn camp on a few of the maps (such as the factory or camp omega,from the rooftops in rush mode) or spawn into the middle of a firefight.

How do you CQC slam? I thought it would be the same as SP where you simply hold the stick in a direction while you run up and grab, but he just keeps going to choke...

Do you need a perk?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I hit 31 and got proper mines. I gotta try them out.

You unlock these at like 15 or something for Scout but I've never used them once. Even if you wanted to bring them for walker gears specifically they don't seem that useful.

I've been having a lot more fun with this today. It seems like people are starting to play more how the game was designed. Classes doing their jobs well.

Also, the muzzle and foregrip make aiming so much easier it's not even funny. I feel like this gives a bit of an unfair advantage to those that have played more and I almost feel bad using them.

Tap R2 with direction held. Tapping without direction input just results in a strike.

I like to change my music based on the game mode. Bounty Hunter gets MGR music, while Cloak & Dagger gets MGS3 outdoors on certain maps, MGS1 on others, etc.

MGS3, PW and MGS4 music should have had the "caution" for the rest of the match, the silence feels weird after using MG2, MGS1 or MGS2 music

CBTech

I've mainly been playing Cloak and Dagger exclusively. Easily my favorite game mode. I'm still trying to figure out how best to play each side. Defenders win the majority of the time, but I think that makes sense. As attackers I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal with pairs/groups of enemies that are roaming the map together searching for my team. I have a level 10 Scout and Infiltrator and no Enforcer.

When do you unlock the third character slot?

RE4PRR

Oh nice... Konami extended double XP to three weeks for me and gave me 3000GP. I'm guessing everyone gets that?

The extended XP would be great if they fixed the Day One PSN Pre-order issue.

XP Boost has been downloaded when MGSV came out and still no boost FFS.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really like mgo and tlou as multiplayer games but there is no pay to win option in tlou. It is super balanced , unless you are a lone wolf or don't have a mic.

Haven't played since they added the Semi-Auto Sniper, I take it?

Those DLC weapons are totally P2W.

Haven't played since they added the Semi-Auto Sniper, I take it?

Those DLC weapons are totally P2W.

They sell guns in The Last of Us. Even Konami doesn't do that; it's absolutely disgusting.

I play all the time. The guns are balanced. I mainly use burst rifle. The 4-pointer can be seen as op but making it 4 points instead of 3 has made it hard to choose and the ammo costs a ton. Nothing is op with a good team.

Edit: I play survivors exclusively and my team wins most of the time we play. It's all about adjusting strategies and being felixible when facing certain teams or play styles.

No one is forcing you to by a gun.

Shouta

You unlock these at like 15 or something for Scout but I've never used them once. Even if you wanted to bring them for walker gears specifically they don't seem that useful.

I've gotten a few kills with them already and they're nice for fortifying a position especially during Cloak and Dagger.

Top Bottom