• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Shouta

It works OK in bounty hunter too if you're playing slow or want to make sure folks aren't getting the sneak up on you. Sleep mines work nicely too, lol

Gorillaz

MG2 music improves the game immensly.

like honestly hearing that old ass theme play with this frantic ass and obviously unbalanced gameplay is somewhat fitting. Me like...Me like

In terms of comparing this to TLOU I would still give this the edge. TLOU MP does do the whole stealth teamwork thing correct, but in terms of gameplay itself it's nowhere near as fluid.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
It works OK in bounty hunter too if you're playing slow or want to make sure folks aren't getting the sneak up on you. Sleep mines work nicely too, lol

Playing slow as an enforcer is unknown to me. Maximum paranoia without my night vision goggles.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Dui4MD8.png

This hideousness is your reward for ascension 3 and 500MB coins for the silver colour? lol

Wish they had some indoor maps. Kind of sucks that the closest thing to that is Black Site's basement part.

I know about the fulton issue and I don't care. Screw the fulton if it means I can't get any indoor maps.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Wish they had some indoor maps. Kind of sucks that the closest thing to that is Black Site's basement part.

I know about the fulton issue and I don't care. Screw the fulton if it means I can't get any indoor maps.

They could just force equip everyone with a wormhole fulton in indoor maps and add some...thing above it to shoot to allow people to save their teammates.

Maybe a dumb idea but it's not unreasonable to think they can some up with something.

They could just force equip everyone with a wormhole fulton in indoor maps and add some...thing above it to shoot to allow people to save their teammates.

Maybe a dumb idea but it's not unreasonable to think they can some up with something.

That's actually a good idea since you can use the wormhole fulton even if there is a roof above you.

Make it happen Konami!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Dui4MD8.png

This hideousness is your reward for ascension 3 and 500MB coins for the silver colour? lol

Hatred makes men hideous, inside and out. This is no surprise.
Shit, that's pretty ugly.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Is the Macht SMG the best option I'll get with Enforcer to pair with the shield?

Also, is the MGS3 Outdoor BGM bugged or something? It's like minutes of silence before anything comes on.

You unbuddy someone by leaving the game or buddying someone else, by facing each other and holding r3.
most times you'll hear it is people entering cloak and dagger as a spectator and leaving again.

The sleep grenade launcher is pretty funny, I haven't had much success in stunning people with it yet, but it's good at blocking predictable routes.

Leunam

Simple answer, put a wormhole above the Fulton balloon. You still get a balloon to shoot at, but the balloon ascends into a wormhole that opens on a ceiling.

Mature

It's fun, but this MGO needs some MAJOR improvements.
I've said it before on here, but I really doubt this game is getting any sort of major improvement or content update. Especially now seeing that they're drip feeding the cosmetic stuff. They're treating it like a limited novelty— not something they have a long term plan for.

Would love to be wrong.

I've said it before on here, but I really doubt this game is getting any sort of major improvement or content update. Especially now seeing that they're drip feeding the cosmetic stuff. They're treating it like a limited novelty— not something they have a long term plan for.

Would love to be wrong.

Konami LA is either shutting down or doing mobile games in 6 months, they're not gonna support this.

Hatchtag

Banned

Would love to be wrong.

I don't expect big support, but I would think a big patch in January with the PC release could happen.

Shouta

You unbuddy someone by leaving the game or buddying someone else, by facing each other and holding r3.
most times you'll hear it is people entering cloak and dagger as a spectator and leaving again.

The sleep grenade launcher is pretty funny, I haven't had much success in stunning people with it yet, but it's good at blocking predictable routes.

I get 3+ folks with a Sleep Grenade Launcher shot at least once a Bounty Hunter. Just gotta take advantage of the clumping.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Just unlocked the sleep launcher.

Is there any greater feeling than entering a game as a non-infiltrator and being granted that infinite cloak glitch.

e: After using the launcher a bit, would be nice if your teammates could see who was asleep :v

Banzai

Has anyone had the bug where the who-killed-who messages don't pop up anymore? Makes it hard to keep track of who's winning. Not sure what triggers it but sometimes it comes back by itself.

I still can't do anything with the Scout. I absolutely demolish everyone with the Infiltrator and do better than fine on the Enforcer but with the Scout I'm just happy to get a single kill here or there. Being a Sniper is just not worth it with mechanics like marking and the crazy aim sway even with Sniper Lv2.

Alienous

Has anyone had the bug where the who-killed-who messages don't pop up anymore? Makes it hard to keep track of who's winning. Not sure what triggers it but sometimes it comes back by itself.

I still can't do anything with the Scout. I absolutely demolish everyone with the Infiltrator and do better than fine on the Enforcer but with the Scout I'm just happy to get a single kill here or there. Being a Sniper is just not worth it with mechanics like marking and the crazy aim sway even with Sniper Lv2.

The who killed who messages are a skill, right? Field Report I think.

Banzai

The who killed who messages are a skill, right? Field Report I think.

Thought that too, at first. But no, Field Report is just for the Skulls that appear when someone dies I think.
I've had it happen when I was playing my Enforcer with Field Report Lv2, too. And sometimes it wouldn't work with my Infiltrator and suddenly show up in the second round.

I think he means the list on the top right showing player activity, not the icons on screen showing where people are dying.

Yes, that one.

213372bu

Banned
Thought that too, at first. But no, Field Report is just for the Skulls that appear when someone dies I think.
I've had it happen when I was playing my Enforcer with Field Report Lv2, too. And sometimes it wouldn't work with my Infiltrator and suddenly show up in the second round.

Yes, that one.

It's a bug.

Sometimes if you hold left on the d-pad (as in to abandon a match) and exit out, you'll get your old kill feed + messages spamming the top-right of the screen. Even then, there is a slight chance that it won't continue to update.

It's a crippling bug for modes like C&D

Banzai

It's a bug.

Sometimes if you hold left on the d-pad (as in to abandon a match) and exit out, you'll get your old kill feed + messages spamming the top-right of the screen. Even then, there is a slight chance that it won't continue to update.

It's a crippling bug for modes like C&D

Well, alright. Sure hope a patch is on its way...

And yeah, I've died once or twice because I was checking the scoreboard to see who's still alive in C&D.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
TLoU mp is NOT pay to win.. wtf. TLoU felt more like a MGO 2 sequel than this.. MGO3 needs some serious updates or it will die in less than 2 months. It was my most anticipated game of the year but look where that got me . ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

SomTervo

Åesop;181616607 said:
TLoU mp is NOT pay to win.. wtf. TLoU felt more like a MGO 2 sequel than this.. MGO3 needs some serious updates or it will die in less than 2 months. It was my most anticipated game of the year but look where that got me . ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Fully calling it "pay to win" is an exaggeration, but the buyable weapons definitely add a significant imbalance to TLoU. I played it consistently before and after the buyables came in, and after, people started dominating matches because they had perfect builds based on buyable weapons and skills which nobody else in the match had. That's getting pretty close to 'pay to win'.

Also, that is totally insane about TLoU being like an MGO2 sequel. You could not get two sorts of multiplayer experience which are further apart. I suppose TLoU's Skill system wasn't dissimilar, but aside from that - no parallel.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Fully calling it "pay to win" is an exaggeration, but the buyable weapons definitely add a significant imbalance to TLoU. I played it consistently before and after the buyables came in, and after, people started dominating matches because they had perfect builds based on buyable weapons and skills which nobody else in the match had. That's getting pretty close to 'pay to win'.

Also, that is totally insane about TLoU being like an MGO2 sequel. You could not get two sorts of multiplayer experience which are further apart. I suppose TLoU's Skill system wasn't dissimilar, but aside from that - no parallel.

I'm just saying people who loved MGO2 with a passion will prefer TLoU multiplayer over MGO3. That makes me sad because I was waiting for this game for so long ffs

SomTervo

Åesop;181617171 said:
I'm just saying people who loved MGO2 with a passion will prefer TLoU multiplayer over MGO3. That makes me sad because I was waiting for this game for so long ffs

Yeah, I can appreciate that.

I love MGO3 but it's a very singular experience. Far more arcadey than MGO2 or TLoU. Although there's still great space for strategy and cool tactics in there, especially as you level up more.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Åesop;181617171 said:

Well, I played both the previous MGOs but I've not played TLoU yet. I'm loving MGO3 (except Rush) and fully expect to be playing for as long as it lives.

D Walker is fucking disgusting, without trying I went 12-0 with 2 stuns. They should remove it from the current modes and make a mode where you have to capture d walkers and get kills with them or some shit. They gave no place in the game currently.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
D Walker is fucking disgusting, without trying I went 12-0 with 2 stuns. They should remove it from the current modes and make a mode where you have to capture d walkers and get kills with them or some shit. They gave no place in the game currently.

The major problem with it is the lag. You can fire on it from the "back" but the game allows the person to react due to lag and mow you down instead of them being shot off it and you gaining it. Or you CQCing them off it when they're oblivious because lag fucks you over.

It's not a bad "support" weapon and it is powerful which is kinda the point of the support weapon. But lag REALLY makes it unfair.

Also 300 MB coins for the alligator mask is LMAO. No.

Åesop;181616607 said:
TLoU mp is NOT pay to win..

Except that it is. Perks and guns that you have to buy that give you a significant advantage over the default loadouts = P2W. Sorry, but the Last of Us is Pay 2 Win now. Naughty Dog fucked it up just like they fucked up Uncharted's multiplayer. It's tradition for them.

I completely agree. I think they should remove some of the armor in the front so you can shoot the pilot. Being in the d-walker already gives you...

~145° invincibility
~triple walking speed
Insta kill Chain gun

What's the trade off? You show up on the map as a big red dot? I think that's wrong. There should be a bigger weakness for them! Maybe even broaden the the distance around it to 180° for you to be able to CQC the pilot

Yeah, I can appreciate that.

I love MGO3 but it's a very singular experience. Far more arcadey than MGO2 or TLoU. Although there's still great space for strategy and cool tactics in there, especially as you level up more.

yeah, that's my biggest problem with it. it's way too arcadey. the pacing is too much like a shooter (which is in stark contrast to TLoU where you can thrive by slowly stealthing around). cloak and dagger is really the only exception, but the heavy reliance on stealth camo and how it gets disabled when your team is seen ruins a lot of matches if you're playing with people who sprint all over the place.

Top Bottom