• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

squallheart

I decided to try infiltrator mostly play as scout, but I mostly play it in the style of mgo2. I use the skills for faster interrogation and rarely use cloak. I rather like it. Sad thing is with no skills to counter E locators using camo to blend does not have a prominent role like mgo 2:(.

On another note playing yesterday there was a player whos name showed up in front me but his body wasn't there o. O

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I decided to try infiltrator mostly play as scout, but I mostly play it in the style of mgo2. I use the skills for faster interrogation and rarely use cloak. I rather like it. Sad thing is with no skills to counter E locators using camo to blend does not have a prominent role like mgo 2:(.

On another note playing yesterday there was a player whos name showed up in front me but his body wasn't there o. O

More people are just using the cardboard box to counter those.

Demoskinos

They really need to make enemies who are in the process of being Fulton invincible until they hit the ground again. Idiots killing high value targets before they can be fultoned out is the fucking WORST.

Popcicle

Hot Texas Chili
We've been taking in feedback from all kinds of sources, including this thread. So thank you everyone for your input.

With the game still young yet, I can't announce any particular changes/updates at this time.

We obviously don't feel our work is perfect out of the gate and definitely recognize some of the issues players have been having.

Likewise we're excited to finally have the game out there and are enjoying watching people have fun with it.

Mature

We've been taking in feedback from all kinds of sources, including this thread. So thank you everyone for your input.

With the game still young yet, I can't announce any particular changes/updates at this time.

We obviously don't feel our work is perfect out of the gate and definitely recognize some of the issues players have been having.

Likewise we're excited to finally have the game out there and are enjoying watching people have fun with it.
Good to hear it.

Qblivion

I get the vibe that they aren't 100% sure that konami will even allow them to keep working on it.

arimanius

What's the point of playing a Scout when I can be sniped by an infiltrator with a mrs-4 clear across the map? Marking basically it?

konjak

I am never one for online competitive games, but I have made time from a really busy game dev schedule to play this every day since launch. I am having tons of fun already.

konjak

Yeah, the effectiveness and spamming of E.Locators is starting to get to me in this supposedly "stealth" game.

Also, Bounty Hunter has already been distilled to hosts only picking Black Site Rush... :\

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Well blow me. That's great to hear.

gossi

That's good news, thanks! Personally I think host migration is probably up there on playability issues. Otherwise it's very stable.

To the guy suggesting Konami won't let them work on it - the PC version isn't out yet, for one thing. They have to keep working on it for at least a few more months. GTA Online shows there is a business case for supporting a single player game into online for a few years.

Lol, there will be no post launch support of this.

I know you're just playing your role but no one is kidding themselves that this will even be up and playable by end of next year.

What does everyone think of how spawn points work in this game? I don't have much experience with online shooters outside of Uncharted 2, 3 and TLOU multiplayer, but the immediate respawns and numerous spawn points you get to choose from (some just meters away from where you just died) make for a very hectic game and it doesn't feel like there's much reward in taking out an enemy, when stuff like this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrAwjhVlWNE

While situations like this can often be hilarious, they're not much fun for the person on the receiving end. I get that the developers are aiming for a faster paced experience, but i feel like the current spawn system promotes too much recklessness, which does a disservice to the teamwork aspect at the core of the game.

I'm still having quite a bit of fun with MGO, but i find myself not caring as much about the outcome when any small victories are so short lived.

gossi

Lol, there will be no post launch support of this.

I know you're just playing your role but no one is kidding themselves that this will even be up and playable by end of next year.

I dislike posts like this. You don't know anything about what the company is doing with MGO. The guy you quoted works for the company, so kinda does.

mug

I just started my MGO account - wtf is with stealth camo being used everywhere? I can't seem to get a single kill without being strangled by an invisible ninja. I haven't played MGO since the original.

Ok there comes a point where you realise the game is little more than turning around and seeing invisible person sprinting at you and CQC you.

At which point I abandon match as I'd rather do that than reward such annoying boring tactics.

I wish the map design was tighter instead of tons of open spaces. I guess they thought it would be too hard to sneak around without stealth camo when anyone can easily see you from across the map with not many places to hide.

I had a bounty of 18 on me and an invisible player sprinted towards me from a corner and CQC'd.

I then quit as he was readying his Fulton. I'm sure he's absolutely raging.

Love it.

Man shield+macht 37 is sooooooo fraudulent. The game is practically playing itself for me at this point. The shield is so hard to stop unless you have a weapon with huge impact and the macht 37 literally has pin point accuracy at any range, I go like 25+/4 every match I use it.

I had a bounty of 18 on me and an invisible player sprinted towards me from a corner and CQC'd.

Love it.
You sound like a peach. I think you might be better off sticking to single player

I think currently there's no counterplay in CQC. Especially with the lag complicating things.

In MGO2 you could throw someone but it wouldn't knock them out in one throw so you still had to stun knife them or shoot them afterwards. Meaning even if you lose the lag throw you still have a chance to defend yourself.

Here it's a one and done thing, if throws weren't a one hit KO the CQC choke out might actually have a use but for now there's not much point when throw is actually faster than the CQC choke out from grab after interrogation for example.

Would be nice if health mattered more too. I think it would promote more skillful play if body shots did less and aiming for headshots was emphasized over just spraying someone's body CoD style for the quick kill. You die so fast from them that there is no practical difference between spraying someone's head or their body with an AR since the kill time between the two is almost imperceptible.

Nah he deserved it. It's time to annoy as many people as possible who use those tactics! I enjoyed it very much!

It's anti MGO that style.

Alienous

CQC is fine. Sprinting is the core of most of this games' issues. There aren't enough reasons not to do it.

I say being shot from the direction you are sprinting towards should be an auto-flinch. And accuracy in the seconds after sprinting should should be reduced (as if exhaustion is impacting the player's aim).

The first would make sprinting into CQC a more risky proposition. If you get seen and shot, even once, there's a good chance you'll get killed, or start a firefight heavily disadvantaged.

The second would make sprinting into combat a foolish move. Your chances at hitting your target would diminish.

Neither would reduce your ability to use sprinting for evasion, or to get somewhere quickly.

Both, together, would encourage a slower pace. That in turn would make the game more tactical.

Nah he deserved it. It's time to annoy as many people as possible who use those tactics! I enjoyed it very much!

Sounds more like you're mad you're getting your ass kicked, but whatever floats your boat. I send my prayers to any gaffers if you manage to get an invite to a Gaf room.

CQC is fine. Sprinting is the core of most of this games' issues. There aren't enough reasons not to do it.

I say being shot from the direction you are sprinting towards should be an auto-flinch. And accuracy in the seconds after sprinting should should be reduced (as if exhaustion is impacting the player's aim).

The first would make sprinting into CQC a more risky proposition. If you get seen and shot there's a good chance you'll get killed, or start a firefight heavily disadvantaged.

The second would make sprinting into combat a foolish move. Your chances at hitting your target would diminish.

Both, together, would encourage a slower pace. That in turn would make the game more tactical.
Most of that already happens though. Sprinting makes you super visible, on top of putting you on the map, and unless they're on top of you when you see them it's plenty easy to gun them down.

Love it.
Get good buddy, awful way to play but hopefully people like you just leave sooner rather than later.

wilsonda

Please never join our gaf sessions... if you had a bounty of 18 that means you were doing pretty well in the match. Then when you get defeated one time you rage quit.. sounds like you may have poor sportsmanship.

Everything is mgo3 has a counter... if a player is using stealth and sprints at you they will also show up on the map

Alienous

Most of that already happens though. Sprinting makes you super visible, on top of putting you on the map, and unless they're on top of you when you see them it's plenty easy to gun them down.

It doesn't, really. Perhaps if you were playing with less players. But I've had plenty of experiences where someone, usually with stealth camo, sprints towards me to CQC me, and if I don't see them and pull off a headshot they'll get close enough to do it. That's something to constantly think about on-top of everything else. My accuracy has to be on total fleek to deal with it.

I think sprinting into battle should be altogether less viable.

To be fair I wasn't doing well. There were 100 tickets per team so it had lasted quite a long time.

Cloak and dagger is so intense. By far the best mode.

Also the mode that rewards camping the least! Bounty hunter is broken as it stands with the whole 'camp invisible until enemy is in sight then sprint towards them and CQC them' issue. Over time with patches this will improve but until the cloak and dagger is the best.

One life.

It doesn't, really. Perhaps if you were playing with less players. But I've had plenty of experiences where someone, usually with stealth camo, sprints towards me to CQC me, and if I don't see them and pull off a headshot they'll get close enough to do it. That's something to constantly think about on-top of everything else. My accuracy has to be on total fleek to deal with it.

I think sprinting into battle should be altogether less viable.
Well yea, like I said if they're already too close before you see them and react they'll get you, but they should since that's more on your spacial awareness. If you see them coming (which is easy if they're sprinting directly at you) then you can pop them twice in the head and kill them outright, or unload into their chest which does stagger, and eventually kill them. Hell, sometimes you get shenanagins where even in the middle of CQC your gun will keep firing and kill the person doing the throw, it's happened to me loads of times and I've done it more than a few. And I only play in 16 person rooms so it's not a question of how many people I'm with.

Top Bottom