• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Icefire1424

The Scout build I'm going for, which usually keeps me consistently in the top on points alone, is light-weight (and thus, FAST) and packing as many E-locators as possible. Pop those in key places and you get points for marking and points for assisting. I really only shoot when I think I'm safe to, or there's no teammate around to do the killing for me.

I did a Scout build like this, and it's quickly become my "default" on most stages, especially when facing a bunch of Infiltrators. Named it the "Ranger", as the thought was it would negate the advantages inherent to Infiltrators, by exposing them with E-Loc's and upgraded optics. Typically pair myself up with someone, hang back a bit and work on identifying as many targets as I'm able, letting the Enforcers mop up. Use the automatic assault rifle as primary in the event I need to get into a firefight. Been working really well.

Reule

cj46bzO.jpg
Looks like every Tuesday we'll be getting DLC gear items to buy.

I read that every Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday is when the Daily Login Bonus for MB Coins happens. It'd be nice if someone could alert this thread if they can about it because I know I'll forget.

I keep getting kicked from rooms and I think it's because I'm ascended? That's the only thing I can think of. They were all rooms of people who weren't ascended and they weren't full, so it's not like I was getting kicked to make room for someone else.

Game is pretty much unplayable right now, every match has a bunch of players with Japanese names and they all lag like hell.

It's 3:30PM UK time, I should be able to find decent matches at this hour.

Where's the flipping region filter for matchmaking? Did Konami listen to region lock complaints on MGO2 and just decide "Well lets not take regions into account at all"?

AKyemeni

Game is pretty much unplayable right now, every match has a bunch of players with Japanese names and they all lag like hell.

It's 3:30PM UK time, I should be able to find decent matches at this hour.

Where's the flipping region filter for matchmaking? Did Konami listen to region lock complaints on MGO2 and just decide "Well lets not take regions into account at all"?
I imagine it's because the game's matchmaking is level based. I haven't had that much problem with foreigners in my games (USA East Coast).

So I realized something.

If you're playing Scout, Sniper 3 doesn't offer any more sway reduction than Sniper 3. So if you want to use other abilities, this is something to keep in mind.

Demoskinos

So I realized something.

If you're playing Scout, Sniper 3 doesn't offer any more sway reduction than Sniper 3. So if you want to use other abilities, this is something to keep in mind.

It doesn't BUT being able to mark a target with your sniper scope is really really useful. You'll get the points for marking them and then if you can't take em out at least your team is still informed of the target.

Smidget

Hopefully not off topic but want to pick up this game finally and have Xbox credit expiring by the end of November from those GameStop treasure promotions a while back. I know it is 900p vs 1080p on PS4 but my main concern is online population: it decent on XB1?

Roufianos

This game reminds me of the "tacked on" multiplayer we started getting in games last gen. It's so lacking in features, modes and polish.

What a step down from MGO2, is this really all that KP LA could produce in 2 years?

Klossen

Banned
I feel sorry for anyone playing anything but Infiltrator. Camo Cloak breaks the game. They need to make it so the Camo wears off when you're sprinting. Also reduce its active time.

GodofWine

I feel sorry for anyone playing anything but Infiltrator. Camo Cloak breaks the game. They need to make it so the Camo wears off when you're sprinting. Also reduce its active time.

While I must agree, I am getting REALLY good at noticing those "predator blurs" now...its almost like a normal silhouette to me now.

Flaws be damned, I really enjoy this game.

Klossen

Banned
While I must agree, I am getting REALLY good at noticing those "predator blurs" now...its almost like a normal silhouette to me now.

Flaws be damned, I really enjoy this game.

It's growing on me, netcode issues aside. The gunplay feels great. I love how some firefights can last for a good while before one side comes out on top. It's pretty fun juggling between different gadgets to trick your opponents with (even though I regard some OP) while also trying to outsmart their own tricks.

arimanius

It's why I can't quit playing my Scout. Optics +3 makes picking off infiltrators so easy.

They still suck but makes it easier.

Klossen

Banned
I love it when you're diving back and forth, switching between primary and secondary weapons while trying to push as many E.Detectors as possible and keeping friends from getting Fultoned. Comes off really varied and responsive. They really nailed the gameplay aspect of it.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

I feel sorry for everyone not using optics 3 to have glowing enemies from across the map :^)

Hystzen

Thanks for first proper games with GAF guys tonight. Raven, bad humans, grey fox and rest good games and had fun. Sorry left so quickly controller died and it was 2:15am here in UK.

Will be back to grind out GP as I need to complete my pretty in pink outfit.

Leunam

D.Mines are frustrating me. They almost never kill in one hit, which I feel is a misstep design wise, and sometimes they backfire they second I place them and I end up losing points to suicide.

And yet, I'm determined to make them work dammit.

Klossen

Banned
Way too many tweets to list out here but check the Metal Gear Online twitter account. They laid out a number of things and potential issues they are looking at fixing and tweaking.

https://twitter.com/MetalGearOnline

Good to hear. I get way less disconnects now than I got a week ago. Maybe placebo or just coincidence. Seems like big changes are coming. Hopefully some much needed balance tweaks on top of the netcode fixes.

Infiltrators getting nerfed to hell

No more CQC prompt

CQC slam no longer 1 hit stun unless you have the CQC Stealth + 2 skill

E Locs exclusive to scouts

Shotguns exclusive to infiltrators

Infiltrators losing access to some weapons (launchers,etc.)

No date announced yet

Source: the MGO twitter account

Alienous

No more CQC prompt

No date announced yet

That's more extreme than anticipated.

Edit:

Thinking it through it seems like it will correct all the issues I've had.

- Removing the CQC prompt puts skill back in doing it (like knowing the appropriate melee range in other games).

- Instant knock-out slams being skill exclusive mean that tranquilising weapons have more use. I wonder if and how that'll impact C&D, but I think making the CQC choke useful is a good thing.

- Disable camo on hit. Good. Reduce its battery - encourage more skilled use.

- E-Loc to Scouts. Sure. As long as they get less overall use. With camo somewhat nerfed we'll see, but I do think reducing the time they mark enemies for would have been good.

- Infiltrators weapons being more CQC focused? Good.

The only other thing is the sleep name launcher, but I think Enforcers need a reliable knock-out weapon now after these changes are made.

MGO team, if you're reading, good work. I'm looking forward to returning to MGO post-patch.

No more CQC prompt

No date announced yet

Sheesh losing the slam is gonna change things...

they could simply post the patch notes instead of 1000 tweets. Its cool its finally getting patched, but holy fuckin the last 50 tweets on my time line are from them.

D.Mines are frustrating me. They almost never kill in one hit, which I feel is a misstep design wise, and sometimes they backfire they second I place them and I end up losing points to suicide.

And yet, I'm determined to make them work dammit.

Do you know if other people on your team will set off mines? I had a buddy who placed a cardboard box on top of the mines I planted, but I died when I tried to do that trick on my own.

Idiots, CQC not being a 1 hit knockout just made the cloak team in C+D 10 times tougher, and it was already hard as the cloaked team due to it not being a very good cloak.

Will slam people and get shot from the ground.

Nerfing stealth and stealth rewards is how the screwed MGO2. You get close enough to CQC it should make sure you stun.

Alienous

Increasing the base speed, effectively nerfing sprint's utility, which would reduce the overall pace, hopefully.

KPLA are true patriots.

hopefully these changes make people become more tactful.

Idiots, CQC not being a 1 hit knockout just made the cloak team in C+D 10 times tougher, and it was already hard as the cloaked team due to it not being a very good cloak.

Nerfing stealth and stealth rewards is how the screwed MGO2. You get close enough to CQC it should make sure you stun.

how about you use your tranq gun. only CQC lvl 3 should be an instant KO.

Alienous

The cloak team will just have to use a CQC choke or tranquilising headshot, then. It'll encourage less rushing.

No more sprinting out of the shadows for a quick stun. You'll have to plan direct attack more carefully, or go for the objective if you aren't good enough.

If a defender is deliberately close enough to slam someone in c+d you might as well interrogate, at least if you have backup. I tend to use the interrogation++ skill and once you've got one you know where the enemies are for ages so it's usually enough to eliminate most people. (but the game should be clearer that your position has been leaked because you can only tell by keeping an eye on the combat log which doesn't stay up long enough.)

Hatchtag

Banned
fuck yeah no more fulton trolling.

But they really, really need to fix the fall damage. It happens rarely, its stupid when it does, and suicides fuck up everything for the rest of the team with their huge penalties. I suspect all the fulton trolls will swap to this unless fall damage is removed or the suicide penalty is made much lower.

Gonna type all changes out and hit post when they done.

- Adjusting (nerfing) CQC stun damage
- Adjusting (nerfing) CQC reach
- CQC Stealth+ level 2 skill needed to 1 hit slam-stun
- Stealth camo changes not for C+D
- Easier to buddy up (don't need be facing perfectly etc)
- Buddy guage clear between rounds
- E-loc, stun nades etc carry amount nerf
- Can carry 2 cardboard boxes
- Walker gear/anti-air more easily damaged
- Walker gear gun damage nerf
- Movement speed buffs, move faster, sprint longer
- C+D will end if all players on a team are stunned (lol no more farming the last guy)
- Empty magazine more noisy when thrown
- Cannot see magazine being thrown
- 15s to choose loadout as match starts, up from 10.
- Can no longer kill an enemy being fultoned, nor pop the balloon
- Will remember custom search filters when finding match
- Matchmaking will be based on your highest character level, not the one you're using (this is still garbage matchmaking method)
- Ascended characters will count as level 37

Infiltrator changes

- Infiltrator health, stamina and gun damage getting nerfed.
- Stealth camo battery life nerf
- Decloak when take damage
- Shorter (getting) marked time for stealthed players
- Fulton level 2 getting nerfed, easier to pop balloon.
- Taking away launchers and LMGs from Infiltrator
- Shotguns only for Infiltrator
- No more E-locators

Scout changes

- E-locator only for Scouts
- Scout can mark faster
- Scout health buff
- 1st person scope sway reduced
- NVG let scouts mark cloaked infiltrator at normal speed
- Scout losing shotguns and launchers

Enforcers changes

- Launchers Enforcer exclusive.
- Enforcer more health and stamina
- Sleep launcher getting nerfed ammo count, stun amount and firing speed
- Decreased LMG recoil
- LMG damage buff versus walker gears, anti-air etc

- DONE

Menthuss

Man, I have to say most of these changes sound amazing. I have a feeling we'll have a ton of whining ahead first because everyone will have to change the way they play with this upcoming patch.

Klossen

Banned
KPLA caught on my Infiltrator spamming E.Locators while in Stealth Camo and then sweep in with my trusty machine gun and sweep the place. Most of these changes are definitely warranted. I'll need to fundamentally change my gameplay style.

Top Bottom