• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
WhoooaaAAA

Thoughts

To achieve better balance, stealth camo will temporarily be disabled when taking damage. Battery life will also be decreased. Players using stealth camo are extremely hard to mark when when using the Int-Scope/Binoculars; therefore, the time required to focus on a player using stealth camo, in order to mark them, has been shortened.

I've been calling the mark time for cloaked people way too long since day 1, but these combined nerfs seem kind of harsh. I hate cloaked people as much as anyone, but reducing battery AND making them easier to mark AND losing stealth when they get hit is a bit harsh. Even one of the three would be good, but all 3 are a bit much. If they just lost stealth when hit, for example, I should shoot them once and then mark them in a second for the entire team. Oh well!

CQC will be adjusted and better considered a special skill for the infiltrator class. Some machine guns and launchers will no longer be usable by Infiltrators. To offset this, shotguns will be made exclusive to Infiltrators.

Fine with all of that.

As mentioned, the "E.LOCATOR" will be changed to be a Scout-exclusive item.

Good, as it should be!

Weapon sway in first person will be reduced overall, making it easier to aim at enemies with a sniper rifle.

Impartial to this, but we'll see. It already feels like a lot of Scouts are shit at marking and are going to Serval headshots all game so improving sniping AND making marking more of a Scout-exclusive thing might be bad overall.

Shotguns will now become Infiltrator-exclusive, launchers will become Enforcer-exclusive, and Scouts will no longer be able to equip either.

Fine, basically irrelevant change.

Thus the Enforcer's maximum health and stamina will both be significantly increased.

Probably fine. Maximum stamina increase is maybe weird.

The non-lethal offensive capabilities of the "ISANDO RGL-220" were quite overpowered. To maintain class balance, the damage, number of rounds, and firing speed of the "ISANDO RGL-220" will all be reduced.

Many people wanted this but I think it might become semi-useless now. It was pretty annoying but it was generally an annoyance only. Even if you put multiple people to sleep, unless you were really close there's like 0 time to fulton sleeping people, and there's no indicator to teammates telling them an enemy is asleep.

As a result, the Enforcer's machine guns are largely unused despite being highly class characteristic weapons. The amount of recoil will be decreased and their handling will be improved. The damage dealt to mechanical targets such as the walker gear will also be increased so machine guns will be effective as anti-mecha weapons.

I guess I'm fine with that. UN-AAM is nonsense at range, but getting into a firefight with someone and losing to the MRS is stupid so fine.

Due to the high carry capacity of the "E.LOCATOR," "STUN GRENADE," and "SLEEP GRENADE," these support weapons would often be spammed constantly during a match. Thus, we will reduce the carry capacity of these support weapons.

RIP. Better not be 1/2 for e. locators.

Now when a player from the same team Fultons an enemy, the Fulton balloon and the enemy attached to it will be invulnerable, making it impossible for players in the same team to interrupt an ally's Fulton recovery.

RIP.

In summary, mostly good I think, but nerfs to Infiltrators might be a bit much (saying this as someone who hates them, generally) and reducing marking capabilities of non-Scouts while buffing Snipers might mean a lot of Scouts going to youtube Serval montages and not actually marking.

Hmm. I feel they should mix up the rules a bit for c+d because certain problems like eloc spam only exist in games with respawns. Can't think of a simple solution that doesn't over complicate things though.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Official

http://www.konami.jp/mgs_portal/jp/info/index.php?d=201510&id=720

[Auto-matching]
- You will now be matched with players of similar level to your highest character level.
- It is now less likely to join a host with poor network connection.

[Mission Adjustments]
- The game will now end once all teammates are stunned or tranquilized in CLOAK AND DAGGER.

[Loadout/Equipment Adjustments]
- The "E.LOCATOR" will now only available for the Scout class.
- Machines guns and launchers will now only be available for the Enforcer class.
- Shotguns will now only available for the Infiltrator class.
* As a result of these changes, custom loadouts will be initialized during the maintenance period following the update patch.

[Character Ability Adjustments]
- Overall movement speed will be increased.
- Mobility has been re-balanced to allow faster travelling between objectives.
- Infiltrators will have health and stamina decreased.
- Enforcers will have health and stamina increased.
- Scouts will have health increased.
- Scouts will be able to mark targets more quickly while using binoculars.

[Weapon Adjustments]
- Firing sway for Machine Guns will be reduced.
- Weapon sway will be reduced overall when aiming in first-person view.
- Damage inflicted by the Walker Gear's Gatling gun will be reduced.
- Walker Gears and Anti-Aircraft will now take more damage from certain weapons.
- Weapon damage of certain weapons are being adjusted for better balance.
- Damage value on the ISANDO RGL-220" will be significantly reduced.
- Reduced ammo count on "ISANDO RGL-220" .
- Max carry for "E.LOCATOR,""STUN GRENADE," and "SLEEP GRENADE" will be reduced.
- The throwing arch of the Empty Magazine will be invisible to enemies.
- The noise radius made by Empty Magazines when they land will be expanded.

[Item Adjustments]
- Max carry amount of "C.BOX" will be increased.

[Stealth Camo (STEALTH CAMO.PP) adjustments while using the STEALTH CAMO+ Ability]
- Stealth camo will be temporarily disabled when taking damage.
- Battery life will be reduced, and battery will take longer to charge.
- Marking time for cloaked players will be reduced.
- Cloaked players detected with NVG will be marked in standard marking time.

[CQC Adjustments]
- Range for CQC grabs will be narrowed.
- Icon for CQC grabs will no longer be displayed.
- Non-lethal damage done by CQC hits and grabs will be reduced.
- 1-hit CQC knock-outs will become exclusive to Infiltrators with "CQC STEALTH+" Lv.2 or higher.

[Fulton Adjustments]
- Fulton speed when using "FULTON+" Lv.2 or greater will be slowed.
- When a player fultons an enemy, the fulton balloon and the enemy will be invincible to other teammates.

[Buddy System Adjustments]
- Time required to establish a buddy link using the link action will be shortened.
- Link action will succeed regardless of the direction your character is facing, as long as you are in range.
- The buddy gauge will now clear at the beginning of each round.

[Other Adjustments]
- Search filters in "SELECT MATCH" will be now saved.
- Countdown time on the Spawn screen has been extended from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.

Please note that the patch is still a work in progress, and some adjustments may differ in the final update. Details regarding the final changes will be announced once the patch is released.
Regarding issues not addressed above, we are constantly monitoring user feedback and will continue to make changes and adjustments moving forward. Thank you very much for your continued support of MGO.

Overall fantastic changes, there's still some work to do - mainly comm spawning and the location of the comm bases in certain maps giving certain sides massive advantages - but that will basically solve most of the game's problems balance-wise.

konjak

I'm okay with most of these points, except increase of health of Enforcers and ALSO decrease of infiltrators. The fucking infiltrators are paper already, and tons of other nerfs to them. The "reveal on hit" was mainly the thing they should've added, so I dunno...

I'm okay with most of these points, except increase of health of Enforcers and ALSO decrease of infiltrators. The fucking infiltrators are paper already, and tons of other nerfs to them. The "reveal on hit" was mainly the thing they should've added, so I dunno...
They're faster and are the only ones that get to one hit stun people now so I guess it should balance it out

They have pretty good health right now, a nerd wouldn't be too bad. It will encourage them to actually use stealth to get around instead of sprinting around everywhere.

Some interesting and welcome changes, but regarding the scout buff/infiltrator nerf, that's just my luck. I've been playing as a scout until now (despite an abysmal kdr) and planned to create an infiltrator character as soon as i've reached the max level with my scout (currently level 33). With all the changes now it seems like i should have done it the other way around. XD

Improved movement speed is nice, but i hope that doesn't include sprinting, that's fast enough as it is.

Klossen

Banned
They have pretty good health right now, a nerd wouldn't be too bad. It will encourage them to actually use stealth to get around instead of sprinting around everywhere.

Untitled.jpg

Shari

I must be the only one who thinks infiltrators are being buffed. I'm actually moving after this patch from enforcer to infiltrator myself.

·No CQC prompts is better for everyone as long as there's no lag (this is not negotiable, won't come back if there's any lag at all). And being the only class able to stun with a slam is well worth it.

·Making stealth camo actually require some skills is nice, there's going to be a MASSIVE amount of players dropping the class/item altogether just because it has been nerfed, thus opponents going soft on their spotting skills as infiltrators will be less powerful and thus less common.

In terms of general changes, E.LOCATORS removal is GODLIKE.

Everything they gonna change sounds awesome, such a pitty they cannot fix the biggest grip I have with it, no dedicated servers.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I must be the only one who thinks infiltrators are being buffed. I'm actually moving after this patch from enforcer to infiltrator myself.

·No CQC prompts is better for everyone as long as there's no lag (this is not negotiable, won't come back if there's any lag at all). And being the only class able to stun with a slam is well worth it.

·Making stealth camo actually require some skills is nice, there's going to be a MASSIVE amount of players dropping the class/item altogether just because it has been nerfed, thus opponents going soft on their spotting skills as infiltrators will be less powerful and thus less common.

In terms of general changes, E.LOCATORS removal is GODLIKE.

Everything they gonna change sounds awesome, such a pitty they cannot fix the biggest grip I have with it, no dedicated servers.

Infiltrators are getting buffed if the scouts on your team are shit or just aren't marking. The no CQC icon will be meaningless if a Scout is marking everyone now, which is being made easier.

Seriously now most of my games are filled with enemy infiltrators that are so far away that they are impossible to mark because of how long it takes, so they get a free pass to flank and kill or Fulton whoever until they are found out. If you mark them and the team knows they're coming, rip stealth.

Welp.

Infiltrators are now officially useless.

GG Konami.
You test the new patch? No? Let's wait till we all try it before we complain and await the following patch.

As an infiltrator user myself they're pretty ridiculous, these changes sound mostly fair and encourage stealth play.

AKyemeni

You test the new patch? No? Let's wait till we all try it before we complain and await the following patch.

As an infiltrator user myself they're pretty ridiculous, these changes sound mostly fair and encourage stealth play.
That was my first impression on the patch notes. I have always been a scout and never had a problem with infiltrators. I have been playing as one recently and have never been the overwhelming MVP.

I think they may have went overboard with the nerfs.

Hystzen

Ugh shotguns only for infiltrators going keep to pistols instead and making more weak is not great already get dropped by a sneeze as it is.

That was my first impression on the patch notes. I have always been a scout and never had a problem with infiltrators. I have been playing as one recently and have never been the overwhelming MVP.

I think they may have went overboard with the nerfs.

This is like MGO2 where people who weren't even cloaked would get in close and stun people with the knife, players complained so they nerfed the knife despite the fact the players complaining had guns with infinite reach.

Ourobolus

Banned
Wow, Infiltrators are getting fucking nerfed.

EDIT: I'll see how it plays out, but man. At the very least I don't see why they are lowering the health of Infiltrators. It's already really low.

I've just used sleep grenades with my scout for the first time and i'm not sure if i'm missing something. There was a guy sitting on a turret and i threw 3-4 grenades right at his feet and nothing happened. Does it take more than that to down an enemy?

Ugh shotguns only for infiltrators going keep to pistols instead and making more weak is not great already get dropped by a sneeze as it is.

The way i read it it means that only Infiltrators will be able to use the shotgun, not that it'll be the only choice of rifle for them.

Ourobolus

Banned
I guess I do like that they are restricting one-shot CQC to Infiltrators at least. I guess that means everyone else will have to choke out?

BTW, does the game ever actually get to the point where I can break out of a choke hold? I've yet to ever have it work.

I guess I do like that they are restricting one-shot CQC to Infiltrators at least. I guess that means everyone else will have to choke out?

BTW, does the game ever actually get to the point where I can break out of a choke hold? I've yet to ever have it work.
Yeah, I thought it was me not pushing r2 fast enough and getting mad but I realized they just broke out after reading the description.

The radius on those sleep grenades must be tiny, i've just had two guys camping the small roof by the turret in Amber station and threw 5 grenades up there, nothing.

A PATCH?!!!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
This means the game is not abandoned. THANK GOD

Can't they just release patch notes though instead of tweeting? Heh
All I need is no stealth for defenders in C&D.

Hystzen

They do need add cardboard boxes to maps so we can actually use them for hiding instead of sliding into people and knocking them down

TheBoss1

Will wait and see about the aftermath of infiltrators being nerfed but my 1st impression after reading these patch notes is that we're getting nerfed hard. Once you stayed with another person infiltrators could be beaten already because they would get killed trying to fulton one guy. Only players lingering far from the rest would get punished by infiltrators.

TheBoss1

So enforcers become more of a bullet sponge than they already are and can sprint longer.

Tranq gun is useless when guys are just running around wildly so you don't headshot them in cloak and dagger.

I agree with machine guns and grenade launchers being limited to enforcers though.

Alienous

The radius on those sleep grenades must be tiny, i've just had two guys camping the small roof by the turret in Amber station and threw 5 grenades up there, nothing.

They should probably be used as area denial weapons. Chuck them at a location you don't want enemies to go to, rather than one they can easily leave.

Trickshot

This is important. We need empty cardboard boxes scattered around the map again. :/

It gives an extra utility to the box you spawn with. And let's you blend in better.

They do need add cardboard boxes to maps so we can actually use them for hiding instead of sliding into people and knocking them down

Or just decoy cardboard boxes. Every time I see one on a map, I know it's an enemy because those are the only boxes that appear on a map!

Alienous

So enforcers become more of a bullet sponge than they already are and can sprint longer.

Tranq gun is useless when guys are just running around wildly so you don't headshot them in cloak and dagger.

I agree with machine guns and grenade launchers being limited to enforcers though.

Base speed is up, so sprinting might become less useful. The less people do it, the more specific instances stand out, the easier it is to use that information to win a shoot-out.

I think tranqs should be a skill weapon, and hard to use. The issue is that successful use is mostly pointless. Hopefully they increase the tranq sleep time to make getting that headshot worth it.

This is important. We need empty cardboard boxes scattered around the map again. :/

It gives an extra utility to the box you spawn with. And let's you blend in better.

Why? The box metagame is there, just different. I've used a C.Box with success.

Now that you can leave a box behind, unlike MGO's before, you can never be sure if its a distraction or not.

Top Bottom