• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

panda21

Facism said:
F0XH0UND unit. They can all drown in a pit of cocks.

agreed.. i think one of them accused me of cheating by being 'invisible' in a TDM game because i followed him and then cqced him from behind...

has anyone else noticed the reward points thing going insane? i havent played with my male character since last weekends survival, i spent all the points after survival and had about 30 left, just checked today and i have 1400!

same thing happened to my girl, got 1200 points even though i didnt play any survival at all, although i did play a bit in the regular lobbys... but i thought it only gave you 50 points for every day you played?!

edit:
i just discovered if you spin your character around enough on the select profile screen they get dizzy and fall over
laugh.gif

Facism

panda, players were given 1000 free points because of the usual Konami incompetence.

I hope newsbot plays tonight. He's a machine when the RAGE!!! hasn't gripped him :p

Also, bizarre i can play against Australians but not Americans? Pal territory bollocks

DunpealD

Facism said:
GJ.

We streaked twice last night and our lowest streak was 3. We lost a total of 4 games. We also had T.T 5 fucking times in a row, CAP x2, TDM, CAP, TDM.

It's our new home. And i hate capture missions. Makes me play too fast and my shotty skill becomes useless.

i should be in tonight dun, probably till 8. yeh we were very comfortable last night and made a few enemies of the OCD kiddies that we played against. Especially the H4D1 and F0XH0UND unit. They can all drown in a pit of cocks.

Yeah the T.T. streak was horrible, sometimes I think the Survival system is broken :(
I didn't even notice that we made a few enemies, since I'm not interested in our enemies chat :lol but it's even more funny to be called campers in MGO :lol :lol

Also we've seen yesterday some groups full of random people who left the team in the middle(even with only one left)... seems to be like a serious issue for Non-clan groups.

Now to todays roster:

Live_Feed(till 8)
Indeed
DunpealD
Steroyd
MeiLing1988
NewsBot
Luca Blight("I'll be there as usual if I have the nets back on time")

Still room for 1 volunteer.

EU GAFs roster is filled and ready to roll.

@Ster
Wasn't it SuperDann?

Steroyd

I'm in tonight.

I've got to say I'm surprised that the Duck in Copperfield was completely unguarded everytime I went to get it on more than 1 occasion, it's the closest to base to.

And there were lots of random folk on yesterday to, poor SuperDunn.

Raiden

Banned
Hey guys, a quick question, how much is it improved from the Beta? I only played beta, i kinda liked it, but the patch takes ages, so i never played the full version now.

DunpealD

Raiden said:
Hey guys, a quick question, how much is it improved from the Beta? I only played beta, i kinda liked it, but the patch takes ages, so i never played the full version now.

Improved... What do you mean? If you're talking about lags, they're still there. Explosion warps are also still there.
But overall there's an improvement in modes(Team Sneaking and Rescue) and some tweaks like stun range from knife gotten shorter, P90 ammo downgraded to 250. Also there are two new Skills available. Of course there are also some little things like more music to choose from and 2 maps that weren't in the Beta.

Raiden

Banned
DunpealD said:
Improved... What do you mean? If you're talking about lags, they're still there. Explosion warps are also still there.
But overall there's an improvement in modes(Team Sneaking and Rescue) and some tweaks like stun range from knife gotten shorter, P90 ammo downgraded to 250. Also there are two new Skills available. Of course there are also some little things like more music to choose from and 2 maps that weren't in the Beta.

Ugh ... only 2 maps more? Meh, dont think i'll ever touch it. Thx for info.

DunpealD

Raiden said:
Ugh ... only 2 maps more? Meh, dont think i'll ever touch it. Thx for info.

So it's quantity over quality for you :lol Well MGO is more about the modes you'll be playing these maps in, especially TSNE has a complete different feel to it. If you ever decide to touch it and you're a little out of practice you can Join Combat training and get graduated first maybe by a gaffer(if you are in EU i can do that for you).

Raiden

Banned
DunpealD said:
So it's quantity over quality for you :lol Well MGO is more about the modes you'll be playing these maps in, especially TSNE has a complete different feel to it. If you ever decide to touch it and you're a little out of practice you can Join Combat training and get graduated first maybe by a gaffer(if you are in EU i can do that for you).

No man, its just because i only liked 1 map from the beta ...But you have to admit even if the maps are f'n awesome, you gotta have some diversity. Gonna log on maybe later tonight.

DunpealD

Raiden said:
No man, its just because i only liked 1 map from the beta ...But you have to admit even if the maps are f'n awesome, you gotta have some diversity. Gonna log on maybe later tonight.

If it were not MGO I'd agree, because it's already hard enough to organize the team in those few maps in the specific modes including expansion. Don't forget this game is first and foremost about teamplay and maps rise and fall with it ;)

Dave1988

DunpealD said:
Now to todays roster:

Live_Feed(till 8)
Indeed
DunpealD
Steroyd
MeiLing1988

Still room for 2 volunteers.

Of course I'll be there.

Currently I'm doing the Box move training. Hopefully I'll manage to finish Narc today.

Indeed

Okay after playing a few matches you better count me out. I cant aim anymore. If you really desperatly need one i can join you but dont be surprised at negative stats.

Dave1988

Indeed said:
Okay after playing a few matches you better count me out. I cant aim anymore. If you really desperatly need one i can join you but dont be surprised at negative stats.

Don't worry. worse days happen to all of us. Besides NewsBot is the "killing machine" in the group. We can always blame him for not racking up kills ;p

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Raiden said:
2 free maps not included in the beta and a new rule (TSNE) + 3 new maps (reason why the patch is so big), playable Johnny & Meryl option, & a new weekend mode called Survival ( random map + rule against a random team for reward points) included in the $12 Gene Expansion Pack.

Coopertown Conflict (Brown Town from the original MGO)
product_04_01.jpg

Tomb of Tubes (Underground sewage map)
product_04_02.jpg

Virtuous Vista (South America Power Plant)
product_04_03.jpg

Facism

sorry Dunpeal, i had to drop out of survival.

I'm not willing to play with rage-addled children who scream and moan at me when the host disconnects me from a game.

either grow up, be humble and play, or don't count me in on survival again. I expect shitty behaviour and LOLCAPS attacks from other clans, not the people within the one i represent.

Seriously sour taste left in my mouth.

Ilparazzo

Facism said:

I'm not willing to play with rage-addled children who scream and moan at me when the host disconnects me from a game.

either grow up, be humble and play, or don't count me in on survival again. I expect shitty behaviour and LOLCAPS attacks from other clans, not the people within the one i represent.

Dont worry man, I left too, if people can't understand you can't do more than what's possible and just lose themselves to fighting with their own team then I guess that's where I step out of the scene.

DunpealD

Facism said:

No worries, it's just sad that we have to take a forced pause like that. Anyway it's just a game, but even though it's just a game I'd really like to join in the MGO Tournament which is not possible at the moment due to fragmentation. I hope we'll be able to figure things out before the critical time.

And people I know things are getting you pissed off and so on, but please be at least calm think about what you're writing and then write it courteous. We're a team and shouldn't shouting at each other and don't forget if we play at our aimed destiny like that while shouting... it would be embarrassing ;)

Anyway Survival next week stands as always and I hope it'll be calmer than today without a breakup :( don't loose the goal out of your sight people, we have to get better as a team and a individually.

Take the additional time to rest for tomorrow and review your experience from this weeks survival and try to improve yourselves.

That's it from my side thank you for participating in this weeks survival, it was fun, but also sad and I hope it'll be proportionally better the next time we gather to challenge Survival as a team.

News Bot

Banned
That was stupid you two. Leaving doesn't put you on any higher ground than anyone who said anything against you. In this case, nothing was said against you besides a mis-understanding that bore none of this "rage-addled children" stomping you speak of. Dave told you to fix your connection because he missed where you said it was a host issue, which was easy considering everyone (including me with "startstartstart") was flooding the chat box.

And Ilparazzo, when I say shut up, I mean it in it's simplest terms. Just be quiet. I mean no ill against you, but seriously, you need to just stay silent sometimes. Your in-game text chatting over the most menial bullshit has put many of us off already. Even Dun can attest to that.

Don't let me ever see that again. I can get pissed off at stupid crap (such as Ster being totally blind lol), but it's only temporary.

As a fail-safe, I demand everyone on the team switch to wired or gtfo. =P

I would like to buy the expansion but the store won't let me log in. I click the log-in button and nothing happens. Um... what are my options here?

Edit- nevermind. This store/browser crap is a whole lot of bullshit but getting back in Brown Town will make me forget about it.

Killthee

MiamiWesker said:
I am in for today, I think I will be there at 9. Which server and whats the name?
Shagohod.

Xin, Guled, HS, Mem, & Kirb are you in tonight?

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Killthee said:
No room Noz, sorry.
Yeah I'm retarded, Shagohad was full anyway.

I wouldn't mind shacking up with the team for next week though. Any practices or anything coming up this week?

Nozdeuce

Killthee said:
There's an open spot right now....
Sorry, waited for a while back went back to my game with NeoGAF:Team LTTP and Undeserving. I shot Wesker a message, told him to join you guys

It just wasn't meant to be tonight, I could get in with you guys. '

What a weird night, i was all over the place. Sometimes I sucked ass, sometimes I had moments of awesomeness. This is what happens when you hardly play for like 2 weeks.

Nozdeuce

I don't mean to fuck up the rotation, but is there any way some wayward lost Alpha people like Wesker and me fight our way onto the team? Together he and I rule the galaxy as father and son..

I'm pretty sure we'd both be happy to fight our way on, if possible

Killthee

Finished my outfit tonight...

VirtuousVista.jpg

Nozdeuce said:
I don't mean to fuck up the rotation, but is there any way some wayward lost Alpha people like Wesker and me fight our way onto the team? Together he and I rule the galaxy as father and son..

I'm pretty sure we'd both be happy to fight our way on, if possible
I don't think I'm gonna have any time to play MGO after this weekend, this was probably my last survival. You can take my spot if you want.

Killthee

Nozdeuce said:
wtf Killthee? :(

Awesome threads but but...whats the deal? :(
Just gonna be too busy with some crap coming my way. 95% sure I'm done with MGO and any PS3/X360 online gaming for at least several months. 5% chance I wont be online this week, but I'll be back next week. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted and I had a blast this last survival (5 win streak yesterday and 1 vs 6 BB TSNE today :lol). I can't forget to mention how fun it was to play almost daily with Xin, Mem, & Kirb and how fun survival was with the same people & Guled, HS, Ssyn, KTall, ZY & Joy (Sorry if I forgot anybody ^_^;).

Nozdeuce said:
I hope it's nothing terminal...it's not terminal right Killthee? :(
Way to jump to conclusions! I'm not dying :lol I'm just gonna be on the road the next couple of months and won't have a stable internet connection silly goose.

Nozdeuce

But but you were the actual useful version of me, now wtf am I going to do without you huh?

Seriously, you'll be missed

Killthee

Nozdeuce said:
So who are the recent NA regulars?
These past 2 weeks it's been me, Mem, Kirb, Xin, JFK, BxB, Ssyn, and Guled on weekdays in random games & usually the same people + HS, RD (aka Regendary Hero after last nights Survival), Joy, Bajan, & CovertShinobi during Survival. Everybody else either fell off the planet, was too busy with either SCIV or CivRev, or spent way too much time trying to get the Platinum Trophy in Uncharted.

Steroyd

News Bot said:
Don't let me ever see that again. I can get pissed off at stupid crap (such as Ster being totally blind lol), but it's only temporary.

As a fail-safe, I demand everyone on the team switch to wired or gtfo. =P

I waited for backup damnit! But yeah I need to train my eyes to see stealth'd people in close combat, it was fooking rediculous.

I can't do wired, I have an inconveniant situation with the PS3 being 2 flights of stairs away from the router, the signal should be strong enough anyway.

On a similar note Konami's Servers were wierd over the weekend, everyone had 1 green bar maximum. (or at least when I paid attention), completely different from the week before.

Dave1988

Steroyd said:
I waited for backup damnit! But yeah I need to train my eyes to see stealth'd people in close combat, it was fooking rediculous.

I always look for their shadows. Much better than trying to spot the gun and knife IMO.

Btw how long did it take you to level Narc to 3? It's soooooooo booooring.

Where the bloody hell is this questionnaire anyway?! I want those 300 reward points. Plus Gene was a little overpriced imo. I'll pay it sure but the whole point is to get as many people as possible to buy it.

atomico

freethought said:
Where the bloody hell is this questionnaire anyway?!

this.

did the survey simply pop up when you logged onto MGO on your PS3, or do you have to go to some other konami site (e.g. the support page, the reward shop, id.konami site...)?

Top Bottom