• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Steroyd

To do the questionnaire you have to click on community site inside MGO, then press the button survey.

Dave1988 said:
I always look for their shadows. Much better than trying to spot the gun and knife IMO.

Btw how long did it take you to level Narc to 3? It's soooooooo booooring.

Bloody years, there's some many dumb people it's unbelievable.

I have a question does levelling up weapons exp count to how many time's you've killed or how many times you've shot with said weapon (i.e 10,000 bullets fired with an Assault Rifle = lvl 2).
Because if it's shots fired for weapons level up, I may be able to conjure up an interesting narc levelling up regime for you Dave.

Dave1988

Steroyd said:
To do the questionnaire you have to click on community site inside MGO, then press the button survey.

Bloody years, there's some many dumb people it's unbelievable.

I have a question does levelling up weapons exp count to how many time's you've killed or how many times you've shot with said weapon (i.e 10,000 bullets fired with an Assault Rifle = lvl 2).
Because if it's shots fired for weapons level up, I may be able to conjure up an interesting narc levelling up regime for you Dave.

I have no idea, Ster. I'm already lvl 2,5 but it's so boring I constantly find my self sidetracked to any other match :/

EDIT: Had a little shopping spree ;p

s1t6dt.jpg

24y9s1c.jpg

16c15s9.jpg

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Dave1988 said:
I always look for their shadows. Much better than trying to spot the gun and knife IMO.

Btw how long did it take you to level Narc to 3? It's soooooooo booooring.
Lv 3 took me ~8 hours iirc in a Narc server, lv 2 took 3 i think. It takes forever, but it is so worth it. Lv 3 shows everyone who aims at you, it does not require AA to be on and you don't have to take any damage for them to light up.

I also noticed it lv'ed up faster when we shot each other as a group opposed to partnering up with somebody and taking turns, and don't bother listening to people who say just aiming will lv up 2 to 3, I wasted 2 hours like that.

Sorry I haven't been on lately guys. I did a 2 hour Kart race last week and my arms have been killing me since then. I'll be there this weekend for sure.

Indeed

Killthee said:
Lv 3 shows everyone who aims at you, it does not require AA to be on and you don't have to take any damage for them to light up.

So that means if I aim at you via over-the-shoulder and your name lights up for me YOU can see me if you have lvl 3 equipped? This is kinda gamebreaking for tsneak isnt it.

Killthee

Indeed said:
So that means if I aim at you via over-the-shoulder and your name lights up for me YOU can see me if you have lvl 3 equipped? This is kinda gamebreaking for tsneak isnt it.
Yup. It's practically a guaranteed win in Defending TSNE if you pair it up with Quick Recovery 3 and your team watches your back while you wake up people.

Dave1988

Indeed said:

That's why we NEED to have the whole team equiped with Narc for Survival.

Indeed when will you play MGO with us again?

Btw some interesting stuff I've learned.

Johnny's eyewear: Dust storms in CC don't affect you.

Otacon's glasses: auto Hawkeye lvl 3

atomico

Killthee said:
don't bother listening to people who say just aiming will lv up 2 to 3, I wasted 2 hours like that.

that's good to know. I wasted half an hour yesterday, that way :p

still, I'm halfway through lvl 2. I'll leave it running tonight, if I find a decent server.

Indeed

Dave1988 said:

I always have narc 1 equipped in Tsneak but it doesnt really help much. But now knowing that level 3 is that crazy i
m probably gonna level it.

I will try to get back into MGO this week. Im in the last dungeon in FF4 so im done with that soon. Plus I need some shotgun griefing training with Live :D

Also:

Different eyegear give different skills? wow I thought they were cosmetic only.

Killthee

Dave1988 said:

Are you sure about that?
Reward Shop FAQ said:
Will equipping the "Gear" on my characters have any effect on their capabilities such as attack or defence?

No, they have no effect the character's capabilities as they are purely style objects.

DunpealD

EU GAF assemble we need to sign up for the Tournament who's going to be in?

Tournament URL

If Indeed has nothing against it I'll be leader. The bad thing about it is 7 member are allowed one is backup.

Also in order to sign up I'd need some data which you could send me per GAF PM.

MGO Character Name
First Name / Last Name
E-mail address
City
City Code
Nationality

As far as I'm concerned I'll be in but we need to hurry or the spots will be filled.

DunpealD

The current roster I'm thinking about is:

Dave1988
Luca Blight
Live_Feed
Indeed
NewsBot
DunpealD
Steroyd(polish up your TDM skills) or
ConcaloCastro(If you can make it)

Preliminaries will be held as TDM so people we need to fire up and train some.

So if everybody is okay with it please send me the data so I can Sign up for it before there aren't any spaces left and don't forget to take a look at the site.

I assure you that I will keep all the details confidental.

gl to eurogaf.

I really want to upgrade my narc 2 to 3 but its so freaking boring.
Anyone willing to make a narc server around 11 pm pacific time?

Steroyd

Hey it's that Tokyo thing.

I dunno if I want the chance to go to Tokyo... I don't travel well at all.
Besides it's TDM right, i'll only be free pointage for the other team. >_>

Ilparazzo

Killthee said:
Lv 3 shows everyone who aims at you, it does not require AA to be on and you don't have to take any damage for them to light up.

This saved my ass in TSNE a whole lot of times.

I'm up for the tournament, just tell me what you need me to tell you.

Edit: I just noticed, it starts the 15th? That's not good, the only day I can't play is the day it starts, AMAZING. Damn the man who chose me to be his best man.

Ugh, my connection is fucked. Seemingly everytime I fire up MGO my router reconfigures and I lose my connection. I'm going to try one last time...

I give up! I checked my router settings after that last disconnection and they were fine. At this point I'm not even sure what the problem is. Any handy fixes I could try?

As short as the experience was though, good to play with you guys. I definitely need to do a little more training, if I ever sort my connection. I had no problems until yesterday. Who knows, maybe it's a confluence of my router problems and some server side issues. Maybe the scheduled maintenance will be of some help...

Facism

sent you my details dun. Some good games tonight. V.V was very tense, but once we had the mountain we had the game.

edit dun you also needs our birthdates.

Imm0rt4l

is there a list of handles in this thread. I want to find a group of ppl I can play with regularly. My clan is being kinda lame, I added some people from the neogaf alpha/beta survivor but I never find anyone on. I can never join survivor w/ my clan as the slots are all full, I think I'm a decent player.

-FOXD!E-
lvl 8
Doberman
North America

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Imm0rt4l said:
is there a list of handles in this thread. I want to find a group of ppl I can play with regularly. My clan is being kinda lame, I added some people from the neogaf alpha/beta survivor but I never find anyone on. I can never join survivor w/ my clan as the slots are all full, I think I'm a decent player.

-FOXD!E-
lvl 8
Doberman
North America
There is a link to a list in the OP. Also apply to the main NeoGAF clan that I lead. It'll be easier for you to find our active members that way, they're all on our roster.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
WasabiKing said:
tourney team, if you need some practice, holler.
We all need practice, we also need Killthee to explain if there's any solid stuff regarding NA signups

xintin said:
marrr~
i cant get into this game now unless its Survival ;-;

I kinda feel the same way myself. I enjoy the teamwork aspect. That and it feels like I'm actually working towards a goal of sorts.

I wish I could of stayed around later on Sunday. But I was in desperate need of a rest.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Nozdeuce said:
We all need practice, we also need Killthee to explain if there's any solid stuff regarding NA signups
NA signup info should be going up tommorow night i hear. but its a maybe.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
OMG, i just noticed the tournament is the US only, theyre kicking Canada out of north america. WOOOOOOW

edit: nvm, canadas in :D

DunpealD

Got 4 which means I still need Indeeds and from our Backup(Steroyd or ConcaloCastro).

btw. I think I'll send those strategy maps today to you guys if i can make it.

Ilparazzo

I'm finally working on getting me a new monitor so I can always play in HD no matter what, so that might up my skills a bit. Damn SD TSNE makes it hard to see the flying guns...

Imm0rt4l said:
is there a list of handles in this thread.

Sigh...

Facism

Ilparazzo said:
I'm finally working on getting me a new monitor so I can always play in HD no matter what, so that might up my skills a bit. Damn SD TSNE makes it hard to see the flying guns...

Sigh...

Ilparrazo tem os testículos muito grandes

DunpealD

Indeed said:
What exactly do you need? Name / Date of Birth etc?

MGO Character Name
First Name / Last Name
E-mail address
City
City Code
Nationality

Dave also said Birthday even though I couldn't find it... so put it also in to play safe.

atomico

finally got NARC 3 done last night, and filled out the survey as well.

I liked how you could put in other countries not oficially "supported" by MGO. bastards :lol

Indeed

DunpealD said:
MGO Character Name
First Name / Last Name
E-mail address
City
City Code
Nationality

Dave also said Birthday even though I couldn't find it... so put it also in to play safe.

pm sent.

-COOLIO- said:
OMG, i just noticed the tournament is the US only, theyre kicking Canada out of north america. WOOOOOOW

edit: nvm, canadas in :D

Is NA GAF participating in this event? ..Anyone? if so, I'm in. Though, this event would probably require a bit more dedication (in terms of play time) and consistency (Practice anyone?). Eh..

Top Bottom