• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Dave1988

freethought said:
Yeah, I'll do it. Add me on PSN (freethought69) and we'll arrange it. Whenever you're free I can probably get on.

I'll add you too. Since I have summer vacation right now I'm on my PS3 almost all the time. I'll be glad to help out.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Nozdeuce said:
Soooooo many clan applications...soooo many rejections. Did you people tear shit up on survival and not say anything? This is an unusual spike
Had a couple of wins, but nothing amazing. We did open up the team for the last hour and a half when we didn't have enough gaffers for a full team.

Ilparazzo

freethought said:
Yeah, I'll do it. Add me on PSN (freethought69) and we'll arrange it. Whenever you're free I can probably get on.

I leave for a bit and what do I see? Another one for my precious list, yay!

Great training session before Dunpeald. I learned a lot, mostly that I've got a lot to learn. Same goes for Indeed and Steroyd. I was laughing my head off when Steroyd started singing and Indeed CQC'd him. "No Singing!" :lol

Killthee said:
Seems like both of my characters got their free 1,000 RP's overnight.....

I'm not a fan of TSNE, but last night was fun. That one round where I pulled off the solo capture. Classic. TSNE is awesome when you're playing with a decent crowd.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Indeed said:
So did you create a new female character? If yes then apply to the WaspUnit before you run out of GAF!

You wants my girlymans in your club too? Will she be made to wear a bonnet and make tea for the boys?

Tell me more...

Indeed

McBradders said:
You wants my girlymans in your club too? Will she be made to wear a bonnet and make tea for the boys?

Tell me more...

Wut? You are gonna wear a Dirndl and make schweinshaxn for the boys :p
German not British :D

DirndlAT-LD10.jpg

Yes?!

schweinshaxn.gif

Oh Indeed!

Zen

Banned
I'm not sure if anyone else noticed (well actually I bet nearly eveeryone ahs) but the screen quality had a huge upgrade with version 1.10. Does anyone know fi they increased the resolution? Wasn't it runnign at sub 720P before? It's so much more detailed now. I also noticed (or maybe I didn't notice before because of the IA difference) taht they seem to have added effects in the levels. For instance when you go to the top of the red brick building in UU, the black tops of those white... things... have a reflection effect on them now.

It would be ncie if those pixel counters could check.

Or am I insane?

Zen said:
I'm not sure if anyone else noticed (well actually I bet nearly eveeryone ahs) but the screen quality had a huge upgrade with version 1.10. Does anyone know fi they increased the resolution? Wasn't it runnign at sub 720P before? It's so much more detailed now. I also noticed (or maybe I didn't notice before because of the IA difference) taht they seem to have added effects in the levels. For instance when you go to the top of the red brick building in UU, the black tops of those white... things... have a reflection effect on them now.

It would be ncie if those pixel counters could check.

Or am I insane?

Is it Coppertown Conflict with the sandstorm raging? I love that, looks fantastic.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
freethought said:
Is it Coppertown Conflict with the sandstorm raging? I love that, looks fantastic.
yeah, almost like shadow moses. that and it's an mgo1 map which is a double win

Indeed

So seems that MGO is losing its spark isnt it?
This thread has seen better days in terms of frequent posts.

I havent fired up MGO for 2 days now and im only looking for Survival since i can play with an organized team.

What about you guys?

Still running around on random servers or have you switched the bluray to SC4 already?

I for one am playing ds right now and im only fireing up the ps3 for a short PJ Eden session now and then. I should really buy uncharted :S

So how many times you gotta choke a guy into unconsciousness then shoot him in the head before you buy him dinner News Bot! I have to say, that one time on CC when you popped up out the box right in front of me...:lol Good times.

this game can get pretty lame. like, when people get angry at you for killing them too much, making up things and getting you kicked. what a bunch of losers :lol

im playing frequently, but i dont know how long this game will last for me. if they cant get rid of that weird lag....

Indeed said:

I havent fired up MGO for 2 days now and im only looking for Survival since i can play with an organized team.

What about you guys?

Still running around on random servers or have you switched the bluray to SC4 already?

I for one am playing ds right now and im only fireing up the ps3 for a short PJ Eden session now and then. I should really buy uncharted :S

I have so much to play its been put on the back. I got Eden I am still hooked on, I got all trophies on Uncharted, I have Siren, I got Echochrome just now, I have a rental to play. I am trying to fit in MGO but it's hard.

Ephemeris

Indeed said:

What about you guys?

MiamiWesker said:
I have so much to play its been put on the back. I got Eden I am still hooked on, I got all trophies on Uncharted, I have Siren, I got Echochrome just now, I have a rental to play. I am trying to fit in MGO but it's hard.

Likewise. Played a little of Eden (not as good at it as Wesker is :p), got the platinum trophy in Uncharted and spent some more time on my 360 with Bourne Conspiracy. I log into MGO for my 10 measly points everyday, but even that seems like a chore. :/

News Bot

Banned
The reward shop got updated, Tactical Armor B is in-stock...but not really. They have a real problem with announcing shit before actually putting it online. :lol

bovo

Indeed said:

What about you guys?

I've actually played more this week than previous weeks - finally got rid of that sloth title!

However, I also have just ordered Uncharted (not just because of the trophies - although that was what got me to buy it when i did...)

Will hopefully try Survival for first time this week - although probably on a random team because I won't get a chance to play until near the end of the (bizarely early) time period (who sits down to play a game for the evening at 6pm?)

DunpealD

Well today it begins again. Survival time! So who's going to join in todays session? I think I'm going to play some sessions first before the actual survival in order to shape up.

@Indeed
As the others said there's much to do but I try to play MGO here and then as much as possible, trying to move away from the dark side of the force.

Steroyd

DunpealD said:
Well today it begins again. Survival time! So who's going to join in todays session? I think I'm going to play some sessions first before the actual survival in order to shape up.

@Indeed
As the others said there's much to do but I try to play MGO here and then as much as possible, trying to move away from the dark side of the force.

I'm gonna need about 2 hours of training to re-adjust back to MGO, i've been trophy whoring (and completing mirror mode) in Uncharted, and the buttons are backwards which screwed me up last time I went straight from Uncharted to MGO. :|

I'll be there.

atomico

Indeed said:

What about you guys?

it lost some momentum for me as well, but I still haven't found a way to buy the expansion to mix things up a bit

getting locked out of the beginner servers only makes things worse. it's gets more difficult to find a game fast

DunpealD said:

@Indeed

I've got a couple of mates heading over tonight so I'm not sure if I'll be in. I'll be on intermittently all day though.

Dave1988

DunpealD said:

@Indeed

I'm there 100%.

EDIT: Today (08.08.2008) there will be a questionnaire about the GENE expansion pack at 17.00 BST. I'll be sure to give KONAMI my "thanks."

Facism

yeh.

What didn't you like about the gene expansion pack?

1)too expensive for a remake map, one that was shown as part of the original 6 maps to be provided and one that's just cookie cut from single player.

2)Party system and matchmaking (lol survival), which, while provided in many other games freely, arrives in a paid for 'expansion.'

3)Credit Card only in an age where Switch/Maestro work just as well for online purchases? Fuck ye in thy arse.

I think of these things (plus others not related to the expansion) and sometimes i don't even want to bother with MGO anymore.

Indeed

@ Live:

How about the fact that he couldnt purchase it at first? Konami banning half of the worlds countries from the store you know.

atomico

Indeed said:
@ Live:

How about the fact that he couldnt purchase it at first? Konami banning half of the worlds countries from the store you know.

and good ol' Entropay

bitter-age is eternal

DunpealD

Dave1988 said:
So, it's already past 17.00 BST. Where's the damn qestionnaire?

In one hour I think... Anyway I'll be in the Survival too, which means:

Dave1988 EDIT: Dave1988 reborn as MeiLing1988
NewsBot
DunpealD
Steroyd

Still 2 missing, but I suppose we'll be able to fill it up... maybe.

Dave1988

DunpealD said:
In one hour I think... Anyway I'll be in the Survival too, which means:

MeiLing1988
NewsBot
DunpealD
Steroyd

Still 2 missing, but I suppose we'll be able to fill it up... maybe.

Fixed it for you ;p

Luca will be joining us, too.

News Bot

Banned
Hey guys, can I just say something?

Fix your fucking connection.

Kthxbai.

Seriously, fix them. I don't care how, just make sure you can STAY IN THE GAME. :D

Top Bottom