• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

I'm going to the cinema at 18:00 GMT so :(

If I get home before 22:00 I'll jump online, but you guys need to get ready, cause I'm the backup! I can slack off.
Joking :p

DunpealD

Todays Survival Roster will be:

Luca Blight
Live_Feed
Indeed
NewsBot
MeiLing1988
DunpealD

backup: Steroyd

IMPORTANT: All Tournament Members please check your PMs I've sent you information about the Tournament.

News Bot

Banned
Narc lvl 3 is MINE!

Just in time for survival too.

Narc + Monomania = unstoppable.

3rd_pre_-_tournament.png

Luckily we won't be seeing FCB or OBF until the last one or two rounds. Phew.

Indeed

Okay i gotta vent here.

THIS IS FUCKING FRUSTRATING

Survival - I join my team. First opponent, we wait 30 seconds. "Connection not stable" I get disconencted from the lobby. "Network error has occured." "Unable to get character information" "Unable to get team information" "Your FUCKIGN INBOX is full" (its not)

I am on a wired connection and every game before that one was fluid. what the hell konami?

Indeed

this is fucking hilarious (not).
Now when I try to join a lobby (even an empty one) I just stare at a blank screen for 30 seconds until im booted to the character screen with a dual "network error" and "cant update character information" error.
Niiiiice

ape.jpg

Indeed

Augemitbutter said:
its your avatar!

i know "connection not stable" very well and MGO feels just like beta to me at this point.

Time to change it then.

It was really weird today. When playing on Rex every time we completed a match, i would get disconnected after "returning" to the lobby. Always got the "unable to acquire team information" error and im gone. When we switched to Ray i had no problems anymore. Until the end that is. We get 5 wins in a row and im gone. Oh well at least i got the points <.<

News Bot

Banned
I have assessed that RAY is the official hangout for all of the stat boosters. An entire team of FOXHOUNDs? HELL NAW. Especially given that we beat them. :lol

Next time, we stay in REX. Today went moderatly well though if not for Indeed's rampant disconnections.

PS: Indeed, don't take anything I said as an insult. Poor wording probably gave you the wrong impression about what I wanted to say, the survival lobby chat box is ridiculous in size, and the fact that you weren't there half the time makes the whole thing even more disjointed. I have no issue with you nor do I care whether you have a bad connection or not, my bottom line is and always has been that if you (not you specifically) can't stay, don't bother. Having a team is one thing, having a team that's just going to fall apart soon is another. Your disconnections have always cost us alot and it's starting to become an annoyance. However, I'm afraid that I will not participate in Survival if you insist on going. It's happened alot now and each time, it's delt us a heavy blow. I quite frankly don't want to bother with it anymore.

Hopefully there will be no issues tomorrow. Or I am going to murder all of you with an axe.

Facism

luls.

I hope you guys realise we beat the MGS: TUS tournament team pretty convincingly today.

Don't let it go to your head, though :D News was rampaging kills again today. Motherfucker needs an ASBO :p. Complete terror for the other team with all those long distance headshots with an AK.

also, GUST or whatever they were. I remember a few 'uh-ohs' before we started. Don't be disheartened by the other team. You know you can all point and shoot and play as a team. There should be no problems in a TDM game for us except being to eager to rush in and brap the other team.

btw we had some really solid awesome teams to play in Ray. A lot more satisfying to be fighting such teams.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
NameGenerated said:
"In" as in just playing some matches? Me if you say what time.
"In" as in "In for tonights Survival" you TSUCHINOKO : P

Usual server (Shagohod) at the usual time (6 P.M. PDT); Expansion Pack required.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Killthee said:
"In" as in "In for tonights Survival" you TSUCHINOKO : P

Usual server (Shagohod) at the usual time (6 P.M. PDT); Expansion Pack required.
How dare you! :(

But yeah, I should probably buy the expansion. I have a question though, if I buy it on my PS3 can I download it on my roommate's? Going to college tomorrow and he said he'd bring his PS3 so I know you can re-download things from PSN but how does it work for Konami's annoying :)P) service?

Killthee

NameGenerated said:
How dare you! :(

But yeah, I should probably buy the expansion. I have a question though, if I buy it on my PS3 can I download it on my roommate's? Going to college tomorrow and he said he'd bring his PS3 so I know you can re-download things from PSN but how does it work for Konami's annoying :)P) service?
Everybody downloads the content via the mandatory patches. When you "purchase" it from the MGO Store your Game ID is basically added to a server side list that holds all the names of the people who "bought" it. As long as you use the same Konami ID/Game ID that you use to "purchase" the expansion to log on to the game, you should have no problems using the content on other systems.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Killthee said:
Everybody downloads the content via the mandatory patches. When you "purchase" it from the MGO Store your Game ID is basically added to a server side list that holds all the names of the people who "bought" it. As long as you use the same Konami ID/Game ID that you use to "purchase" the expansion to log on to the game, you should have no problems using the content on other systems.
Alright cool, thanks.

I finally got narc mastery! too bad my stats took a huge pwning. I went from lvl 8 to 4... I wish I thought about the magazines at the time.
I demand NA gaf to let me in survival on 08-22-2008 friday. Im sick of playing with crappy players.

Yesterday I was playing tdm survival against a bunch of foxhounds. For the first round it was 6 vs 6 and my team lost. During the second round, most of my teammates decided to pussy out and leave. It was 2 vs 6 and strangely enough we start winning. The bad players really are extra weight to carry around.

Killthee said:
Usually I'm the only who stays after survival : /

I noticed last night, but you went into training servers.

I am not sure if I am going on, I may just play BC. I have no idea what tomorrow will bring but I pretty much give up on getting in survival if I am not in at exactly 9. They need more servers.

Killthee

MiamiWesker said:
I noticed last night, but you went into training servers.

I am not sure if I am going on, I may just play BC. I have no idea what tomorrow will bring but I pretty much give up on getting in survival if I am not in at exactly 9. They need more servers.
Took some pics :D

I then went straight to a TSNE server like I usually do.

Ilparazzo

Now that was a good night sleep, just gonna get some lunch so we can get started on that pre-tournament session.

I'M FREAKIN EXCITED!

EDIT: I bet our fights will be: GAF VS Greyfox Unit ; GAF vs Elite spanish gear ; GAF vs OBF.

EDIT 2: From the site:
We start at 3pm GMT +1:00 (16:00 Uhr for german players)

Damn timezones!

Facism

uhm...

so when exactly do we start? Like, how many hours from now? They don't seem to understand what GMT +1 means. Germany is only an hour ahead of the UK, but they're saying 2? UK isn't GMT +1.

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
uhm...

so when exactly do we start? Like, how many hours from now? They don't seem to understand what GMT +1 means. Germany is only an hour ahead of the UK, but they're saying 2? UK isn't GMT +1.

I'm thinking they are using BST, that is GMT in the summer (because of daylight savings it's GMT +1 right?).

I'm starting to think it's better just to show up 2 hours before.

Facism

so we start at 3pm GMT then?

Didn't know about BST ;p

you get the email with the password to the server yesterday?

Facism

Ilparazzo said:
Supposed to be an hour before, now it's all screwed up...

An hour 10 minutes from now, then?

I'll be online in MGO at 1:30pm GMT (40 mins from now) to warm up.

Hopefully Uncle Dun or Mr Deeds knows what's up.

DunpealD

News Bot said:
So I guess it starts at 4pm then?

Konami have such a ridiculous sense of time.

Seems like it... We better be in MGO to keep check of it. Considering that Germany is also in GMT+1 it should be 3pm :/ strange thing. Anyway make sure we are all ready 1 hour before the tournament. We need some warm up.

Top Bottom