• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Dave1988

News Bot said:
We lost.

Dave, please try MOVING OUT OF THE SPAWN POINT ATLEAST ONCE.

And stop using solely the PS3 to notify people.

I'm sorry, Bot :( My hands were shaking through the whole goddamn match. I'm sorry I wasn't much use.

Anyway, I'm taking a break from MGO. Will probably still play Survival if we manage to gather a team.

Ricker

Ok just tried playing this online for the first time...why is it kicking me back on the XMB when I choose online from the in-game menu? are the servers down or something?

Facism

Ricker said:
Ok just tried playing this online for the first time...why is it kicking me back on the XMB when I choose online from the in-game menu? are the servers down or something?

unusual.

Good games guys. Even though the other team pretty much dominated positions on G.G and held us in a corner of the map, we put up a great fight. Shame we lost so close. We were ahead by an average of 3 tickets most of the match, but we kept allowing them into our spawn or over the connecting bridge.

G.G is terrible for tournament play with it's framedrops, but that's not an excuse for our performance and the skill of our opponents. All played hard, Newsbot especially. Very tough round.

Time to take a bit of a break from MGO. Last month has felt like work rather than fun. Will occasionally be available for survival.

Facism

-COOLIO- said:
does that mean neogaf is out of the EU tournament?

it does. I wouldn't mind if it was a total shutout, but i think we lost by 4 tickets?

Tis a shame, but was probably one of the most intense games i've played.

Ilparazzo

It was good, totally worth it, shame we lost the chance to go to tokyo for free though, but there will be other days, other chances other games.

Thank you for all the good games you guys, you my friends are the best. Except News.

I'm kidding, of course, you are a good guy news.

DunpealD

Facism said:
it does. I wouldn't mind if it was a total shutout, but i think we lost by 4 tickets?

Agreed, we had a good beginning and took the lead but in the end we lost by 3 tickets. It's a shame we lost so close. Anyway it's time to give MGO a break and move on to the heavily loaded next months.

Facism

DunpealD said:
Agreed, we had a good beginning and took the lead but in the end we lost by 3 tickets. It's a shame we lost so close. Anyway it's time to give MGO a break and move on to the heavily loaded next months.

oh god so heavily loaded.

More loaded than a girl on the recieving end of Peter North.

Dave1988

The Tournament is over and the results are in. The winners that are going to Tokyo are:

-Razzle Dazzle Unit
-Philanthropy Black Ops

Honestly, I'm glad that neither OBF nor GURU won the Tournament. They're too full of themselves.

Dibbz

Unlucky GAF.

Anyone here heard of Fujita 6?

Well there was some server maintenance and Konami have sorted out the RWD point glitch that people were using on the questionaire.

Apparently they've taken away any gear that was bought with glitched RWP points. Pretty good to hear. I'd love to see the look on the face of someone who glitched, when they notice they no longer have the Red Beret.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Facism said:

well im glad the last game was intense, at least you got a good fun run out of it with a dazzling end.

DunpealD

-COOLIO- said:
well im glad the last game was intense, at least you got a good fun run out of it with a dazzling end.

Yes it was extremely intense and the pressure was pretty strong.

It's still a bummer that we can't play against you guys, outside of a tournament, though. Would be fun to have something like a weekly US GAF vs. EU GAF game. I hope they'll manage to open the regions, but looking at the current status of MGO I have my doubts.

Dibbz

Dave1988 said:
Yeah, what about them?
Those guys are twats :lol

Played them in a GB match yesterday (I think). They sure do love box popin'

Apparently they were through to the finals but I must be mistaken :|

DunpealD

-COOLIO- said:
I'M GOING TO TOOOOOOOKKKKKKYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo~

Nice... Now

2wgbzpz.jpg

Just kidding, I'm still a little down. Congratz I hope you'll enjoy your trip.

Dave1988 said:
Who's up for Survival today?

I'll probably be in, but I don't think the full 4 hours.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Facism said:
nice. Have a good time and hopefully win the tourney :D

What's the name of your squad?
"WiN" (War is Necessary)

the other NA winners are "KoK" (King of Kings)

our acronyms rock

and thanks for the congrats :D

Dibbz

Damn I always forget to check here before survival.

I jumped on today about 8:30 ish and no one from my clan was on. I was left to join randomers and that was total bollocks. People quit all over the place. As soon as they die they quit. It's fucking stupid. Konami should take away the quit game option when in Survival. If you really have to quit a match then turn the off the game and piss off.

It'd stop people from quiting every time they bloody die.

Yes I'm a bit pissed today. Every team I joined was shit. I must have won 150 points total on it today :|||||||||||

Facism

Dibbz said:

I jumped on today about 8:30 ish and no one from my clan was on. I was left to join randomers and that was total bollocks. People quit all over the place. As soon as they die they quit. It's fucking stupid. Konami should take away the quit game option when in Survival. If you really have to quit a match then turn the off the game and piss off.

Yes I'm a bit pissed today. Every team I joined was shit. I must have won 150 points total on it today :|||||||||||

there should be a 10 minute ban or something, 2 months if you quit out whilst ingame ;p

Wurm

Banned
Some kind of average Team level matching needs to be implemented in Survival. This way ironically I imagine the top players will be more welcoming of lower levels into a team because it will give them an edge.

If anything annoys me more than getting kicked out of 7 rooms in a row because I dont have Foxhound Rank despite being lvl 6 on a new alt account with 10 hours, its finally getting into a game only to be pitted against the servers top pros like all Lvl 10's, All Foxhounds. I can't really blame people for quitting at that point because even though they'll concede the game as a loss on their Round Wins, they'll at least preserve their precious K/D ratio.

Oh and also an opportunity to return Reward Shop shit to recoup your points. If they still want to be harsh, make the sell-back be half the initial points, but because the Reward Shop doesnt let you see what shit will look like on your character before you buy it I imagine several others of you have useless inventory you'll never use again.

But yeah, the MGO elitism on show simply because of the emblem system is some of the worst I have ever encountered in online gaming. If its not fixed somehow in the next big update with maps, I'm pretty sure I'll just abandon the game to the ruthless glitchers and 600 hours+ lifeless killing machines.

Dave1988

Dibbz said:

Hey, Dibbz, maybe you could join us for today's Survival? I'm sure that if we'll be able to get someone as reliable as you on the team Bot, Dun and Ster will join in too for today.

Dibbz

The emblem system is not a bad system, it actually does differentiate the pros and the rubbish players. The only problem I have is that people quit nearly all the time. It's bloody pathetic. At least register those quits and have it affect their emblem or level.

EDIT:- Dave I can't play Survival today, I'm going out at 7 which really doesn't give me much time. :|

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
hey, i was wondering

if i made a thread about going to the tgs finals would it get modded? and if not should i make it in the gaming discussion or off topic?

Facism

hey if any of you Wasp unit guys got into the lbp beta, share it with me?

:p

Coolio, send a pm to wasabi and ask :) I'd like to read about it, anyhow :)

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
xintin said:
they put BobtheFork's RFoM experience up on the home page, so why wouldnt they for you going to TGS?
lol i love the bobthefork story but that was gaffier since i heard gaf had a huge resistence clan, anyway ill make a thread tommorow and we'll see what happens. ill try gaming discussion since it seems pretty gaming related

edit: still 2 weeks until trip so i guess ill wait a bit :eek:

Top Bottom