• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Dave1988

I, Gon and Dun had a photo session today in UU ;p

Those are the results:

aa5wg.jpg

2i9pqu.jpg

Gon typing

rr3uqf.jpg

Gon, even as a girl, sure loves his pr0nz ;p

Eye to eye:
an2dlj.jpg

33fb1xu.jpg

w2o946.jpg

vh43dy.jpg

Victory pose

2mq6vzn.jpg

Friendly Fire

2a7ala1.jpg

Gon sharing his pr0nz with Dun

30c9lxw.jpg

This is something out of "The more you know": while in TPP view you can using the d-pad to make Meryl issue commands via hand gestures.

Facism

i've cleared some time tonight to practice.

Very tough group, but confident we can manage. Going to be some close games, 99 tickets and 15 minutes lets people sit into the game and adapt.

DunpealD

Once again it's Friday which also means it's Survival time. Who's going to join in?

Roster:

MeiLing1988
Luca Blight
GoncaloCastro(20mins late)
DunpealD
Steroyd
NewsBot
(LeonStenbuck, fill in)

6 down 0 to go.

Also don't forget we have only about 2 Survivals left before the tournament, so everybody make sure we take the most use of it.

News Bot

Banned
I'm in.

EDIT: On second thought, probably not. Have to download that update. Ugh.

EDIT 2: It's downloading reasonably fast. I'll be like 5 minutes late maybe.

DunpealD

Ilparazzo said:
Stupid survival lag, killing my wish to play the game anymore, as soon as the tournament is over, I'm taking a huge break.

Same here it's such a lag fest that I can't enjoy it anymore. I mean I can play Warhawk with Japanese people without noticing any lags and MGO is even region locked... such a huge clusterfuck.

Facism

Ilparazzo said:
Stupid survival lag, killing my wish to play the game anymore, as soon as the tournament is over, I'm taking a huge break.

i hear that.

also, remember the screenshots of the new map coming? There's a MGO screen on the back of my MGS4 box with a screenshot of that same map. They can stick future expansions up their arses.

DunpealD

Facism said:
i hear that.

also, remember the screenshots of the new map coming? There's a MGO screen on the back of my MGS4 box with a screenshot of that same map. They can stick future expansions up their arses.

Agreed I'll buy nothing for MGO anymore until they manage to make it lag free, hence NEVER.

Dave1988 said:
Guys, will we try Survival again tomorrow or...?

I dunno maybe we should get together and do a TDM training session, we don't have much time left so I'm rather inclined to put the rest of that time into training instead of laggy Survival.

Facism

DunpealD said:
Agreed I'll buy nothing for MGO anymore until they manage to make it lag free, hence NEVER.

I dunno maybe we should get together and do a TDM training session, we don't have much time left so I'm rather inclined to put the rest of that time into training instead of laggy Survival.

agreed x2.

lets just meet up for TDM tomorrow instead of survival. 2 TDM matches and the rest will be TSNE and C(R)AP if we do survival.

Steroyd

Might not make it to Survival tonight I'm sick... if I do make it I'll most likely not make it for the whole 4 hours.

...Oh yeah...

DunpealD

Well since most of us don't want to go into Survival tonight we'll be doing a private GAF TDM Skirmish instead of Survival.

Who's in and who'll host it(better in an nearly empty server)? We should start about at Survival time and end it when we are done with MGO.

DunpealD

News Bot said:
I'd rather do Survival. I want to up my grade rank and get some reward points for that Scarf coming out next week.

Well you left us yesterday near the start :/. Furthermore we're pretty sure we'll retire for some time or at least won't play it that often anymore after Sunday which makes Reward Points rather moot for us and I haven't seen you playing MGO at all during the week which makes me having some doubt about the importance of that Scarf.

Also as Facism said if we do Survival we'll have as good as no TDM and if we have TDM it'll be the most of the time the expansion maps.

@Steroyd
We're flexible, we can do the skirmish at the beginning and then raiding a server. Nobody said we'll fixate ourselves on that.

Facism

last time i put myself out for you guys to attend practice. wtf happened to tdm instead of survival? im going to sit here and wait like a fucking mook during a night where i HAVE to be out of house and attending an event? srsly wtf. reward 'queer eye for the straight guy' whoring bullshit? 100 rounds of TSNE and CAP going to help in TDM tourney tomorrow, eh?

'most of us want to do TDM practice' then most of you should fucking do tdm practice.

I'm halfway to saying fuck it.

News Bot

Banned
Survival went well tonight in Shagohod. I got my FoxHound back...but lost it after one loss in one round. How fucking stupid is that?

I've all but given up on MGO. After tomorrow, I doubt I'll play it for a while. But that's me for tonight. Feeling a little ill.

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
last time i put myself out for you guys to attend practice. wtf happened to tdm instead of survival? im going to sit here and wait like a fucking mook during a night where i HAVE to be out of house and attending an event? srsly wtf. reward 'queer eye for the straight guy' whoring bullshit? 100 rounds of TSNE and CAP going to help in TDM tourney tomorrow, eh?

'most of us want to do TDM practice' then most of you should fucking do tdm practice.

I'm sorry Feed...

Dave1988

Facism said:

I'm so sorry, Feed :(

DunpealD

Facism said:

I blew it, sorry Feed...

Facism

i overreacted. Ignore my kiddie whining. Just we haven't played as the whole unit for at least 2 weeks now.

Managed to get some time before the tourney tomorrow, so hopefully some of us can coalesce into a unit and warm up properly. 11pm GMT+1 isnt it?

DunpealD

Facism said:
Managed to get some time before the tourney tomorrow, so hopefully some of us can coalesce into a unit and warm up properly. 11pm GMT+1 isnt it?

We had an error in the last email regarding the starting time of the 2nd Final.

Correct is:

--> 2nd Final Tournament 14/09/08, 9:00 pm - 11:00 GMT +1:00 pm

and not "8:00 pm".

This is what the E-mail says. We'll get another one with the necessary details like game and password.

Also I'll be in MGO before the Finals, not later than start of Survival. People make sure you get enough rest for tomorrow.

Ilparazzo

Steroyd said:
When you say GMT +1, do you mean that in the "Germany is +1 GMT to UK", or BST's GMT +1?

If your in the UK (which I assume you are :p), it's 9 PM for you. Which means 9 PM for me and I imagine for castro as well.

DunpealD

Considering that the games are hosted in Germany I think it's German time... but don't count on it. I'd recommend to be early on to exclude any mistakes and get some warm up.

Facism

anyone noticed how the terms have changed? Before, it was the 2 winners of the finals brackets who went to Tokyo. Now, the winners of the 2 brackets fight each other and only 1 team goes.

Whut in the butt?

Ilparazzo

Facism said:
anyone noticed how the terms have changed? Before, it was the 2 winners of the finals brackets who went to Tokyo. Now, the winners of the 2 brackets fight each other and only 1 team goes.

Whut in the butt?

That's normal, because there are 2 separate finals, and it wouldn't make much sense sending 4 teams to japan.

EDIT: Stupid fast reading skills, I should learn to read slow first, the rules were, that the 2 last teams in each of the prelims went to the final rounds, not to tokyo, to tokyo it was always the team that won it all.

Dave1988

Another expansion is coming.

In the latest issue of Dengeki Playstation (a Japanese gaming magazine), Kojima Productions has revealed the MEME Expansion Pack for Metal Gear Online. Details of what this Expansion Pack is set to include can be found below!

Three New Maps
-A snow map. Some people are saying the snowfield where you battle a certain boss in MGS4, others are saying High Ice from MGO Classic.
-A forest/jungle map. Not much is said about this new map, besides the color palette resembling Svyatogornyj East.
-A map with a ruin in the middle of it. C'mon, what else could this be besides Ghost Factory from MGO Classic/Plus?

A New Character
-Nothing revealed about 'em. Said to have a sweet, awesome, killer ability (it's Raiden).

New Features
-Once again, nothing revealed. Just promises that these new features will BLOW YOUR MIND AHHHHHHH.

And another is on the way!
-That's right! KojiPro has also confirmed that another expansion pack is right around the corner. How else does Kojima dress up so lavishly? With your money, that's how!

Dave1988

To all Tournament GAFFers. Get your asses into MGO now! The Philosophers are hosting a TDM room now. It's the best chance to fight with a really strong team before the tournament instead of fighting worthless n00bs and deluding ourselves we can do it.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Dave1988 said:
To all Tournament GAFFers. Get your asses into MGO now! The Philosophers are hosting a TDM room now. It's the best chance to fight with a really strong team before the tournament instead of fighting worthless n00bs and deluding ourselves we can do it.
let me know how it goes

Top Bottom