• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Dibbz

hah Dun, very funny there :lol:

I can still hang with you guys in 893 right? Maybe if I had a free character slot I could make one and join the clan but 3 characters might be too much for me :|

DunpealD

Dibbz said:
hah Dun, very funny there :lol:

I can still hang with you guys in 893 right? Maybe if I had a free character slot I could make one and join the clan but 3 characters might be too much for me :|

Damn you got me there... :D

Sure you can still hang out with us, but I can't invite you though since I don't have you in my friend list, yet. Also I thought you already have 2 characters... having both in the same clan doesn't seem logical if you don't have the same problem as Dave.

If you're interested in joining WaspUnit, just apply and add "Wii am Dibbz" into your join comment or anything like that so I can identify you. Furthermore we always post into GAF before a survival for gathering purposes, if you see we are in need of someone just post that you're available.

Facism

like last night. Where we spent half of survival with 5 men, the other half with one solid player and one THAT HAD TO TYPE IN CAPS AND SPAM VOICE CHAT

Dibbz

Yup Dun I have 2 characters atm Dibbz and Dobbz (I couldn't think of a better name :lol:) but they are both in SGT since my clan leader was asking me to join with both since it looks better on Survival :|

How's you're tournament going Wasp Unit? You played any matches in it yet?

Facism

Dibbz said:
Yup Dun I have 2 characters atm Dibbz and Dobbz (I couldn't think of a better name :lol:) but they are both in SGT since my clan leader was asking me to join with both since it looks better on Survival :|

We played in the 3rd bracket nearly a month ago and won through to the final. Because of the lack of teams, all the semi-finalists got through.

I wonder what the story would have been if it continued. I don't think we ever played Elite Spanish Gear (our semi opponents), but we have played OBF/MGS:TUS (the other semi-finalists). We've beaten MGS:TUS convincingly in a handful of Survival TDM matches, and barely scraped through against OBF in the matches we've played.

We play our final 4 games on Sunday. The first game will be the hardest. I don't doubt that if we win the first game, we can win the last 3.

DunpealD

Dibbz said:

I do not understand...

As Facism said we're in the EU finals and will have at least 4 matches in a row, if we make it we'll be at TGS.

There are a handful of tough opponents in the Tournament, we have to prepare ourselves for it and do our best, since it looks like we're the only GAF team worldwide in the Tournament :/

US GAF you failed us :(

Facism

DunpealD said:
I do not understand...

As Facism said we're in the EU finals and will have at least 4 matches in a row, if we make it we'll be at TGS.

There are a handful of tough opponents in the Tournament, we have to prepare ourselves for it and do our best, since it looks like we're the only GAF team worldwide in the Tournament :/

US GAF you failed us :(

Konami failed them, tbh. Age restrictions suck.

I hope people have sorted their passports out ;) Checked mine again last night, good till 2015 :D

Dibbz

Wow holy crap TGS?? That's awesome. Best of luck guys with your matches. I thought the finals would be after TGS or something in Japan but if you're actually going to get to go to TGS and play MGO then :O

Do you guys have a reserve?? :lol

DunpealD

Dibbz said:
Wow holy crap TGS?? That's awesome. Best of luck guys with your matches. I thought the finals would be after TGS or something in Japan but if you're actually going to get to go to TGS and play MGO then :O

Do you guys have a reserve?? :lol

Well we have a reserve, but he's currently out of action... I haven't seem him play in a while, a wild card you could say.

Facism

DunpealD said:
Well we have a reserve, but he's currently out of action... I haven't seem him play in a while, a wild card you could say.

i think we should try and see if we can get Steroyd in to replace Indeed. Rules ay it isn't possible, but you never know.

Steroyd

Dl'ing patch now.

At least that's what I would be saying if my PS3 didn't break, anyone know what the patch does? Hopefully if fixes the stuff we've been complaining about over the past month.

Dibbz

What's the update for? I'm guessing it just some small bug fixes or something. Anyone know?

EDIT:-

Ver.1.12 Update information

The following problems have been fixed

When a host leaves a game, the position of host is automatically forwarded to someone else. When someone else filled the free 16th slot, the player would be invisible to the new host.

The game would sometimes freeze if a player would invite a Clan Member while in Survival mode.

The day of the week of "Match Time" was not correctly displayed when viewing the rules in the Survival Lobby.

The following game specifications have been changed:
The motion of reloading the shotgun cannot be canceled by equipping a box or changing weapons.

Change of weapon specification:
Saiga 12's cost changed from 8000DP to 5000DP.
G3A3's cost changed from 5000DP to 4000DP.

Change of skill specification:
"NARC" Lv2's cost from 1 to 2
"NARC" Lv3's cost from 1 to 3
*With this change, all skills will be temporarily removed, but players will be able to put them on again with the existing skill points they have.

I always thought the G3 cost way too much. Intresting about the Narc skill since support skills were designed to only take one slot. Guess they felt it was unbalanced.

Dave1988

*With this change, all skills will be temporarily removed, but players will be able to put them on again with the existing skill points they have.

VADERNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

All the time spent leveling Narc and you repay us with this?!

FUCK YOU, KONAMI.

FUCK YOU ALL TO HELL!

Steroyd

hulk.jpg

pwofoir95iototoopkopkt8girjp09

Facism

i swear i'm done with this game after the tournament. I play Half-Life 1 mods with better netcode and lamer protection than this.

Too many fucking idiots and lagger bastards who warp all over the fucking place, then 180 degree turn and instant headshot you.

Dave1988

Steroyd said:
Why WHY did they nerf narc? lvl 1 & 2 are absolutely useless.

TSNE is Narc 3 and 6th sense for me. :mad:

Great, now we have to find a guy who will carry QR3 because I absolutely refuse to put it on until they ungimp Narc 3.

I bet Bot won't be too happy about this too.

Indeed

Steroyd said:
I just remembered we can message spam Konami directly through MGO asking why... now all I need is a working PS3.

Your ps3 isnt working? what the hell?

also: hai guys whats going on in this thread?

Steroyd

YOU'RE ALIVE!!!

Boot up my PS3 this morning only for it to give me the red blink of death... and then this shitty patch with it's shitty narc nerf, that doesn't balance shit.

Awesome day so far.

Indeed

Steroyd said:
YOU'RE ALIVE!!!

Boot up my PS3 this morning only for it to give me the red blink of death... and then this shitty patch with it's shitty narc nerf, that doesn't balance shit.

Awesome day so far.

Great success then.
Ive sent you a psn msg asking you if you want to take my place in the tournament.
But i guess you cant :S

Facism

Dibbz said:
May seem like a stupid question but what exactly does Narc do?

essentially level 1 shows up enemies over sop when they lock on to you.

level 3 shows up enemies when they aim at you. no lock on needed. Very helpful when the other team is invisible :D

also deeds, you have to be available. If you can't make it they won't allow anybody else to take your place. Makes you're bailing out on us a week after our prelim games a bit more of a sour pill to swallow :/

Dibbz

Hmm well lvl1 Narc would be a waste, since who uses auto aim anyways and lvl3 is basically hacks :lol:

Can't imagine lvl3 Narc would be that useful anyways if the crosshair has to be over you for you to be able to spot someone. Monomania is what I opt for. Hit someone and you can watch them run around a corner and reload or just line up a HS.

Steroyd

It's super helpful for snipers, I usually appear out for a second and if I get aimed I can see the bugger.

It's going to make Virtuous Vista a right pain in the ass now.

Indeed

Facism said:
also deeds, you have to be available. If you can't make it they won't allow anybody else to take your place. Makes you're bailing out on us a week after our prelim games a bit more of a sour pill to swallow :/

check yo pms money

Dave1988

Dibbz said:
Hmm well lvl1 Narc would be a waste, since who uses auto aim anyways and lvl3 is basically hacks :lol:

Can't imagine lvl3 Narc would be that useful anyways if the crosshair has to be over you for you to be able to spot someone. Monomania is what I opt for. Hit someone and you can watch them run around a corner and reload or just line up a HS.

But that's the beauty of Narc. You can see them aiming at you even if they're behind cover.

neight

Banned
I'm a new player. Why is it whenever I try to CQC someone all I do is knock them to the ground and not choke hold them?

DunpealD

neight said:
I'm a new player. Why is it whenever I try to CQC someone all I do is knock them to the ground and not choke hold them?

You need the skill CQC+ to choke them and if you do it try not to push the analog stick or you'll knock them down.

DunpealD

neight said:
I do have that skill equipped but it only seems to choke hold when I have a handgun equipped.

Choke hold only works for smaller weapons like handgun, grenade or knife. Primary weapons only makes your character smash the enemy down in higher levels you even disarm him/her.

Wurm

Banned
Imm0rt4l said:
I can't believe they fucking nerfed narc

They didnt nerf it, they just made it cost more. And I think the magic "I SEE EVERYTHING AIMED AT ME AND SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE" skill probably should cost the full 3 points and not just 1 :lol

I also just cant be bothered trying to get Narc 3. it basically enforces level grinding since no-one uses lock-on enough to get it in normal play in a million years, and level grinding means seriously fucking up your levels and stats which isnt wise due to Survivals current level snob attitude in teams of "WHAT?! NO FOXHOUND AND LVL 8?!??! KICK HIM" bullshit.

Steroyd

My gripe with narc costing more is that lvl 1 & 2 are full of shit, for the reason you mentioned and the pain you go through to level it up in the first place... it should be more like a reverse monomonia.

And I've found out why I'm awful with headshots, never knew all weapons had a certain range you needed to be in for a 1 bullet headshot kill.

neight

Banned
Can anyone tell me if I start a new character will I be able to equip them with the same leveled up skills as with my other character?

Steroyd

Non gaffers can't see the online forum, but i'll change it anyway.

What's the deal with the Dualshock 3!?
It almost felt like I was playing with a different controller wtf.

atomico

been away of the game for quite a while (I'll probably get the tsuchinoko emblem next time I log in :lol )

did the konami store go through any positive changes in this time? buying the expansion might pull me back in :D

Facism

Steroyd said:
Non gaffers can't see the online forum, but i'll change it anyway.

What's the deal with the Dualshock 3!?
It almost felt like I was playing with a different controller wtf.
agreed. analogues seem better. subtle difference when you switch between 6axis and ds3

Ilparazzo

SO... My ISP went stupid so I have no nets (or TV for that matter) since tuesday, if it doesn't return till tomorrow I'll get my backup plan so it will be fine, so don't start thinking I left you guys.

BTW: What's up with that update??? NARC 3 = 3 slots? That sucks a huge amount of balls, I guess I'll have to go back to assault 3.

EDIT: Oh my god! I seem to have regained my internet, hope it stays this way.

Ilparazzo

So, the results in the mail, the first match is against an unknown team and there are at least 3 teams I know are good, fortunately only one of them will play against us before the final and that's Rlf_Zonda_Rlf, our old friends...

At least OBF and the Gurus will kick each others asses.

DunpealD

Ilparazzo said:
So, the results in the mail, the first match is against an unknown team and there are at least 3 teams I know are good, fortunately only one of them will play against us before the final and that's Rlf_Zonda_Rlf, our old friends...

At least OBF and the Gurus will kick each others asses.

Looks like we're in the hardcore brackets. My guess is that Shadow Snakes(according to their stats they are very tough) will win against RLF, but we have to win the first match either way before getting our thoughts that far.

It doesn't matter who we'll meet in the final, they will be merciless and strong. Whatever you guys are doing now, you should gear up it'll be a tough fight.

Top Bottom