• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

MGO has officially gone to shit now. The cheaters have spread like wildfire. So many people have been using the lagswitch to win in survival. Despite all the complaints against cheaters like ninovago, melissa mao, punkass and sub-glitcha, konami hasn't done anything. I hope none of the wasp unit had to deal with the cheaters during the preliminary tournament.

Dave1988

GeneralIroh said:
MGO has officially gone to shit now. The cheaters have spread like wildfire. So many people have been using the lagswitch to win in survival. Despite all the complaints against cheaters like ninovago, melissa mao, punkass and sub-glitcha, konami hasn't done anything. I hope none of the wasp unit had to deal with the cheaters during the preliminary tournament.

Cheaters aren't so prevelent in the European MGO. I've only met one glitcher in Survival. Well, not that it matters anyway. The clan's as good as dead :lol

DunpealD

Dave1988 said:
Cheaters aren't so prevelent in the European MGO. I've only met one glitcher in Survival. Well, not that it matters anyway. The clan's as good as dead :lol

I've only seen two cheaters and both in survival. One used lag switch to plant a SOP Destab in our base and another one was killing us even though he was lying dead on the ground...

About the clan being dead... I rather think we're in hiatus after the MGO overdose before and in the tournament time. All of us have backlogs and next month doesn't look any brighter for MGO.

Also there'll be a new expansion coming out and I expect it to be as expensive as the first one. As MGO currently is(rich amount of lag = warping) we won't touch it for a long time...

web01

I wish they would hurry up and release the new maps the game need a freshen up, the V.V survival fest is starting to get old

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
^well here you are sir

meme details:

Liquid Ocelot, Mei Ling

Sunset Silo (S.S), Forest Firefight (F.F), Winter Warehouse (W.W)

S.S. might be G.Fact, F.F. might be S.east or Lost Forest.

-From DS of GB

its gunna be released around TGS I believe

-COOLIO- said:
^well here you are sir

meme details:

Liquid Ocelot, Mei Ling

Sunset Silo (S.S), Forest Firefight (F.F), Winter Warehouse (W.W)

S.S. might be G.Fact, F.F. might be S.east or Lost Forest.

-From DS of GB

its gunna be released around TGS I believe

I bet you'll get to sample the new expansion.

Guled

mgo-ff00copy.gif

mgs4cap00009copy.gif

mgs4cap00023copy.gif

mgo-ff01copy.gif

mgs4cap00034copy.gif

I bought the Gene expansion recently, but haven't been prompted to download. Is it automatic or do I have to go elsewhere in the game to get it?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
devildog820 said:
I bought the Gene expansion recently, but haven't been prompted to download. Is it automatic or do I have to go elsewhere in the game to get it?
it was already downloaded in the patch

Dibbz

Meme looks damn awesome but I hope they charge less than they did for Gene. I'd love to buy the pack if it was about £2.99 or maybe even £3.99.

Don't Liquid and Mei Ling seem a bit powerfull though? From the trailer is seems as if Liquid can SOP from anywhere and his taunt makes your weapons stop working.

Then there is Mei Ling who can drop bombs by pointing and can use a gun to SOP enemies.

Looks like it would be a ton of fun but God no one even has servers up that use Meryl and Johnny :|

Dibbz said:
Meme looks damn awesome but I hope they charge less than they did for Gene. I'd love to buy the pack if it was about £2.99 or maybe even £3.99.

Don't Liquid and Mei Ling seem a bit powerfull though? From the trailer is seems as if Liquid can SOP from anywhere and his taunt makes your weapons stop working.

Then there is Mei Ling who can drop bombs by pointing and can use a gun to SOP enemies.

Looks like it would be a ton of fun but God no one even has servers up that use Meryl and Johnny :|

They appear to be a bit overpowered against regular grunts, but I'm going to bet there will be severe limitation on what those actual abilities can do. Most likely, Liquid can probably only affect either one enemy at a time, or all enemies in a particular direction, which would still leave him vulnerable. Mei Ling's bombs probably won't work on an enemy inside a building (or with any overhead cover), and she probably only has a limited number of uses for them.

Looking at Johnny and Meryl now, they make quite the good balance against the new characters. Johnny obviously can't be affected by Liquid's SOP, and depending on how Mei Ling's locator gun works (is it SOP or just an enemy locator, like the gernade?), the same. A good Meryl player can attack with the scoped Desert Eagle outside of what I'm guessing would be the maximum range of the either Liquid or Mei Ling's abilities, so it keeps everyone somewhat in check.

News Bot

Banned
In regards to the tournament:

wc2008_winner.jpg

Some Japanese kid who just hit puberty won.

day2_17.jpg

One sitting down on the left.

Way to follow your own rules Konami. [/sarcasm]

Zen

Banned
I love MGO, but with other games taking up my time I hadn't played it in over a month. But I'm getting back into it now, and man.

sogood.gif

-COOLIO- said:
wow this trip has been friggen amazing :Q
I expect a detailed report with pics.

Congrats on ur team winning 2nd place in the team based tournament.
I missed to live stream of the tournament though. Is there a way i can watch and see how the japanese play?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
me playing RE5

Image010.jpg

me showing off my importance :D

Image013.jpg

on the road to tgs

100_0587.jpg

fuzzy pic of tgs for proof

100_0600.jpg

my team before the final match, all listening to their intense pump up music

100_0604.jpg

the bestest toilet ever

100_0568.jpg

my hotel (2 bedroom all to myself :O)

100_0569.jpg

group pic of the players (so crazy seeing the guys after all this time)

SANY0850.jpg

another group pic (guess who's johnny)

johnnypose.jpg

xintin

wow, just tried to play survival for the first time in over a month. emphasis on try, since you just get kicked from teams if you dont know anyone on them.

also, awesome pics coolio :)

Dave1988

EUROGAF:

Why don't we do a little clan "revival" and do Survival next week. We might win some, we might lose some, but at last it'll be as a clan. I miss you guys T__T

DunpealD

KiNeSiS said:
I Want In....
Psn- MikeCIsThaILLest

Are you EU? I still have 2 people on my still to have accept list(one of them is Anaseed dunno who he is) and both of them have less than 1 hour playtime... So it'd be good to let me know in here what your character name is. I accept GAF members immediately if I have confirmed who it is.

@Dave1988
I'll be probably in for it, but maybe not for the whole duration depending on the circumstances. Moreover I've gotten pretty rusty and as I said before the coming weeks won't be easy for us, since we're going to rack up a backlog.

Nevertheless it would be nice to meet up again for old times sake. Even though it wasn't long ago it really feels like it has been ages since the EU tournament... I suppose I'm getting old.

@Coolio
Btw. What did the 1st placed played like? I'd appreciate a small summary on how they played and what tactics they have used.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
DunpealD said:
Are you EU? I still have 2 people on my still to have accept list(one of them is Anaseed dunno who he is) and both of them have less than 1 hour playtime... So it'd be good to let me know in here what your character name is. I accept GAF members immediately if I have confirmed who it is.

@Dave1988
I'll be probably in for it, but maybe not for the whole duration depending on the circumstances. Moreover I've gotten pretty rusty and as I said before the coming weeks won't be easy for us, since we're going to rack up a backlog.

Nevertheless it would be nice to meet up again for old times sake. Even though it wasn't long ago it really feels like it has been ages since the EU tournament... I suppose I'm getting old.

@Coolio
Btw. What did the 1st placed played like? I'd appreciate a small summary on how they played and what tactics they have used.

they actually made a good argument for teamwork @___@

they stayed in packs and killed us when we strayed off to do our rambo thang.

and they effectively used the SVD in a new mind blowing way.

Dave1988

-COOLIO- said:

Interesting....

Do you have vids of them whooping your asses?

DunpealD

-COOLIO- said:

Do yo mean in TDM or in all types of games?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
DunpealD said:
Do yo mean in TDM or in all types of games?
we just played them in a cap. i bought the japanese mgo while i was over there so maybe i can tell you more if i ever get around to figuring out how to sign up for a japanese konami id.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
xintin said:
with my new found love for MGO, especially the SVD, I must know their secrets!
svd dude didnt even go for headshots! or so i hear :eek:

the man realizes that you can help out your team a lot by just draining the enemies health with torso shots and not neccesarily going for kills. especially on enemy dudes engaged in confrontation.

im gunna go play some mgo @__@

DunpealD

-COOLIO- said:
we just played them in a cap. i bought the japanese mgo while i was over there so maybe i can tell you more if i ever get around to figuring out how to sign up for a japanese konami id.

Maybe I can help you with it since I managed to sign up for a japanese konami id once before :lol

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
DunpealD said:
Maybe I can help you with it since I managed to sign up for a japanese konami id once before :lol
i figured it out, im now on the japanese servers :D

it's crazy over here @__@

web01

^^^sweet I was seriously considering buying the JPN version too, being Aussie the number of players on in the day has really died down and the jpn survival times are much better than 4am which i have to deal with now considering we are chucked in with the euro players.

-COOLIO- said:
another group pic (guess who's johnny)

johnnypose.jpg

Whoa, during the MGS4 New York midnight launch i was in line next to the guy in this picture on the right with the beard and light blue shirt kneeling down; i forgot his name. That's awesome that he made the TGS tourny, nice guy too, let me sit on his fold out chair during the 18 hour wait for Kojima to arrive haha. Coolio, are you guys friends?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
criesofthepast said:
Whoa, during the MGS4 New York midnight launch i was in line next to the guy in this picture on the right with the beard and light blue shirt kneeling down; i forgot his name. That's awesome that he made the TGS tourny, nice guy too, let me sit on his fold out chair during the 18 hour wait for Kojima to arrive haha. Coolio, are you guys friends?
awesome! his name is chris and he was at the signing :eek:

and yeah we're friends, i've known him since mgo1. very cool guy, shared a plane with him.

panda21

where is meme? :(

if i remember correctly gene appeared pretty suddenly after it was announced, as if from nowhere.

somehow just having new maps really refreshes this game more than it should.. i mean the COD4 map pack didnt really renew my interest because i'd already got bored of it, but in this new maps mean almost completely different gameplay in some ways..

i mean thinking about GG plays completely differently from VV,,, and AA again is completely different.. CC too..

oh MGO how i admire the multiplayer antics of thee

Top Bottom