• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
bigswords said:
Ah Nozduece it was fun playing with you, noticed you were training CQC and knife moves. Dangerous.....
Ahh yeah that was. I need all the training I can get, still so bad with both :lol

alba

Little is the new Big
I'd like to join the EU clan, please!

NeoGAF Name: alba
GameID: fnatic_alba
Character Name: alba

ty! :)

Those were some great games guys. I got my sniper skill to lv 2. I'm getting off for awhile to watch a movie but I look forward to playing with some Gaffers again soon.

Teknoman

WHOA! I just got the best double cardboard box kill ever :lol

Nooreo and some other guy were running up to a sniper spot in the Urban MGS3 Subsistence map, little did they know that I was already up there in a box waiting. There were 3 other boxes on the roof so I guess they werent thinking about someone hiding. They ran next to my box to take position...I waited a few seconds so they would be relaxed in their surroundings...then BAM! Surprise! :lol

Popped out and shot both of em without taking any damage. You could tell there was a small amount of panic at that moment.

Also Jak is an insane sniper.

Nooreo

Teknoman said:
WHOA! I just got the best double cardboard box kill ever :lol

Nooreo and some other guy were running up to a sniper spot in the Urban MGS3 Subsistence map, little did they know that I was already up there in a box waiting. There were 3 other boxes on the roof so I guess they werent thinking about someone hiding. They ran next to my box to take position...I waited a few seconds so they would be relaxed in their surroundings...then BAM! Surprise! :lol

Popped out and shot both of em without taking any damage. You could tell there was a small amount of panic at that moment.

Also Jak is an insane sniper.
Oh man, me and some other guy were killing each other continuously on both roof's. It was like our 4th time dieing by each others sniper. Next thing i know Teknoman just kills me, i literally say to my self "Wtf where'd he come from?" :lol :lol . Also Jak is a leet sniper. Me and him were going at it but then i switched to my M4 got more kills and head shots then he keeps killing me with SVD :|

And for the people putting their name on the msg boards, you have to go to go In MGO find Neogaf and theirs an option to join clan. It makes it alot easier on admin

Also i got the Title Eagle XD

Nooreo said:
Oh man, me and some other guy were killing each other continuously on both roof's. It was like our 4th time dieing by each others sniper. Next thing i know Teknoman just kills me, i literally say to my self "Wtf where'd he come from?" :lol :lol . Also Jak is a leet sniper. Me and him were going at it but then i switched to my M4 got more kills and head shots then he keeps killing me with SVD :|

And for the people putting their name on the msg boards, you have to go to go In MGO find Neogaf and theirs an option to join clan. It makes it alot easier on admin

When we played City Under Siege you were on the roof the one time sniping our spawn, and I was so set on getting you after you killed me. You got me at least 3 more times and many others from my team. I tried to come back and get you over and over, but then someone got you before I could make back there try again after one of my deaths. I never got my revenge.

Tekno had a couple of crazy grenade tosses that just destroyed me. I remember the one especially was on Midtown Madness. I snuck over to on top the building with the billboards by the other team's spawn. I was putting magazines on the top of ladder and waiting for people to come up. I thought I was setup so good to get a nice kill spree and then here comes this grenade out of nowhere and just blows me up.

Just applied to the clan a few minutes ago, hopefully will get approved soon. Nice to see some old names in there already. I need to finish the game quickly because all you guys are going to be leveling up and memorizing the maps and im gonna be all 'huh? WHERE R U GUYZ?'
I was going to get some SP quality time, but then i decided to lock myself out of my car a good hour away from home. Good times :lol

JoeFu

Banned
Thanks for adding me even without me saying anything in the thread. My pc hasn't been in use in a while because I'm using my monitor to play the ps3 on. Tried a bit of MGO, pretty fun, but I suck at it. Hopefully playing with ya'll will hone my skills.

?? How do I spplie to the clan? I snet a message to the clan leader but I don't see and option to apply. Ready to die in the name of GAF. BOOSH!

Nooreo

JakOfTheShadows said:
When we played City Under Siege you were on the roof the one time sniping our spawn, and I was so set on getting you after you killed me. You got me at least 3 more times and many others from my team. I tried to come back and get you over and over, but then someone got you before I could make back there try again after one of my deaths. I never got my revenge.

Tekno had a couple of crazy grenade tosses that just destroyed me. I remember the one especially was on Midtown Madness. I snuck over to on top the building with the billboards by the other team's spawn. I was putting magazines on the top of ladder and waiting for people to come up. I thought I was setup so good to get a nice kill spree and then here comes this grenade out of nowhere and just blows me up.

Rofl thats the guy i was talking about, the one where we kept killing each other on top of the roof's. Any way in U.U man you threw off my groove i think your name was "Jak" and you used SVD. Also i remember i was walking up the stairs and you had your scope pointed at the stairs i goo back down to get ready to shot you in the head . Im half way up the stairs my Cross hair was on your HEAD man and i just needed to press R1 next thing i know im dead on the floor :lol :lol :lol

that match was awsome had tons of fun. also i was snake twice :O! in M.M dont know if you were their but i think teckno was their

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
BobTheFork said:
?? How do I spplie to the clan? I snet a message to the clan leader but I don't see and option to apply. Ready to die in the name of GAF. BOOSH!
Just after you login as your character there is a clan option in the menu, follow that and you can apply. I'm doing some sp right now but will get to applications in a bit, did a few outstanding ones a little while ago.

BobTheFork said:
Go on to the clan menu, then you can either search for the clan or find it on a list. There are few enough clans going right now that finding the GAF clan wont take much scrolling.
Anyway, after finding the clan just press X and you will have the option to apply for the clan or check the roster.

Nooreo

Soo ... About the neogaf Emblem when can we expect one or who will make one? i loved the frog unit emblem my fav one :D

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I had the best 2 kills ever today.

I got in my oil drum on Blood Bath and rolled into 2 guys underground in the tunnel. They got trapped in a little alley way and got up so I kept rolling over them knocking both out. I then proceed to throw up directly ON one of them. Afterwards I plug both of them in the head at point blank. So fucking awesome.

bran

So under what circumstances do you "level up" a "skill", for example, CQC+.

Do I have to have to do the following:
1. Have CQC+ skill equipped
2. Have CQC-enabled weapon equipped
3. Use CQC on enemies

Is the "level" of CQC+ based on how many times you successfully grab/throw people then? Would grabbing somebody, then lower them, then choking them a little, then straddle them give me more "level" for my CQC+ skill?

Nooreo said:
Rofl thats the guy i was talking about, the one where we kept killing each other on top of the roof's. Any way in U.U man you threw off my groove i think your name was "Jak" and you used SVD. Also i remember i was walking up the stairs and you had your scope pointed at the stairs i goo back down to get ready to shot you in the head . Im half way up the stairs my Cross hair was on your HEAD man and i just needed to press R1 next thing i know im dead on the floor :lol :lol :lol

that match was awsome had tons of fun. also i was snake twice :O! in M.M dont know if you were their but i think teckno was their

Yeah my character name is just "Jak", so thats me.

ok so I have to buy more slots as there are multiple users on my ps3 but my card keeps getting rejected at the store. anyone successfully buy something from there yet?

Kuran

Banned
I'm on the EU servers, and can't find any NeoGAF clan. Is it because of the segregation?

I'd like to join the GAF troupe.. my in-game name is also 'kuran'.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Has nobody started a European NeoGAF clan?

If not I will get on it right now.

EDIT: Lol or not, 20 hours?

Jesus fuck what? :lol

AkuMifune

Banned
I applied to the clan from inside the game, and was accepted, but not sure which region.

I'm an Asia (TW), so I guess there is some cross-region play.

GameID: Tolstoys_Hookah
In Game Name: AkuMifune

1stStrike

Banned
Neogaf: striketh
GameID: striker_-_1218.
Character: 1stStrike

Should be playing quite a bit, though I'm no pro. I prefer to sit at a distance and snipe or hide and jump people instead of running and gunning.

FabCam

I've found my play style. Lvl 2 Sniper, Lvl 1 Hand Gun+ and Fast Move. On BB, GG and UU I swap Lvl 2 Sniper for Lvl 1 and use the skill that lets you see people's SOP when you shoot them.

Oni Jazar

Damnit I just saw this thread now and of course the clan is full. :(

GAF: Oni Jazar
GameID: Neo_Jazar
Ingame: Jazar
PSN ID: Jazar

GAF: Melhisedek
GameID: melhisedek
Ingame: Melhisedek
PSN: melhisedek__ (two underscore lines)

Playing on Euro servers.

Just bought PS3 and have no friends at all so everybody feel free to add me to your lists :)

Have GTA4, MGS4, Resistance and will buy Warhawk shortly

RyuHayate

Hey guys, since I'm PS3less and can't play MGS4 (the fact that I can't is killing me slowly), is it possible to play as Raiden in MGO like Kojma stated he would be in a few interviews?

Facism

just played a SNE game. 4 rounds. The second round i got to be snake, and a player called SnakeSWE was mk2. We cleared up :D

Surprised to see that the rules were changed from the beta as i stayed as Snake for the next round. Won it in 2 minutes, Snake again for the last round, won it quickly too :D

Then the map changes to G.G, and i start as Snake again :p Lost as i went to grab my 3rd dogtag because of a sniper :<.

Also, i thought there were supposed to be 6 maps?

bigswords

Ok I found a really irritating combo of shotgun and the box. So the person is in box mode, which can deflect some bullet hits (don't ask me why, they should fix this). Then quickly change out to normal and use the shotgun to knockdown your enemy and finish them off. Rinse and repeat.

So damn irritating.

Hixx

Just played my first match, came top. 7 kills, 3 deaths, not great but still better than everyone else in the room.

Shocked at how little pay attention to their surroundings - once I jumped out from behind a sandbag when a dude just decided to stand in the middle of a street and then at the end I used the cardboard box blocking off a small alley... the guy stopped, turned round and used another exit. Easy kill, but still... -_-

It's ok, but am I missing something with gun customising? Or should I 'rtfm'? :lol

edit: 14 kills, 7 headshots. Thought that was a bit crap :lol

dork

Banned
Hope I make it in time...been checking gaf all week for a clan thread...figures the day I sleep in

FUCK

god damn it, this is the second fucking time it's been full damn fuck. Waited for 2 days GUHHHH

So I guess we are putting names up, so here goes. Oh, and thanks for accepting me :D

Game ID: l1qu1d_5n4k3
In-Game: l1qu1d
PSN: LiquidLynch13

Top Bottom