• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Teknoman

JakOfTheShadows said:
When we played City Under Siege you were on the roof the one time sniping our spawn, and I was so set on getting you after you killed me. You got me at least 3 more times and many others from my team. I tried to come back and get you over and over, but then someone got you before I could make back there try again after one of my deaths. I never got my revenge.

Tekno had a couple of crazy grenade tosses that just destroyed me. I remember the one especially was on Midtown Madness. I snuck over to on top the building with the billboards by the other team's spawn. I was putting magazines on the top of ladder and waiting for people to come up. I thought I was setup so good to get a nice kill spree and then here comes this grenade out of nowhere and just blows me up.

:D Yeah I saw someones head while running by, just figured i'd give it a shot. Also you can use a few of the techniques you use when playing the main game and running by Rebel VS PMCs. I still cant believe in Midtown Maelstrom I snuck around the entire enemy team with a shot gun, caught a few people who somehow didnt see me, then climbed up to that sniper post and got you in the back.

-COOLIO- said:
i need ideas for clan names. hit me.

Well dunno if Fox and Frog unit's old leaders will remake those...but you can also use NeoGAF Cobras, NeoGAF Bee Unit, or really just anything with NeoGAF in the front.

Teknoman said:
Well dunno if Fox and Frog unit's old leaders will remake those...but you can also use NeoGAF Cobras, NeoGAF Bee Unit, or really just anything with NeoGAF in the front.

Rat Patrol would also be good.

dork

Banned
There already is a F0X Unit clan..im assuming that's not NeoGaf though. Ill keep refreshing for the reject clan :(

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Teknoman said:

no no, you see, i plan to own the neogaf clans.

hmm, how about the neogaf destroyers >: D

I tried Assult Alley, that maybe one of the best stealth levels ever made. So many places for cover, for hiding, feels like the last MGO. Play with small teams, or just regular deathmatch and it will be an incredible experience.

FabCam

xS1TH L0RDx said:
and nobody salutes. it's like they don't want to know the advantage of SOP

And no one uses the SOP skills. Being able to see your enemies through walls is so helpful.

Cragen

So are there any euro servers up and running yet?

I'd start one my self but wireless connection and only a 12000/650 kbit connection from the absolutely worst internet provider in the world (Telenor) would make it a horrid server to play on for the rest of you ^^

FabCam said:
And no one uses the SOP skills. Being able to see your enemies through walls is so helpful.

Thats the best skill in the game IMO, the one thats lets you see enemies that you have damaged. It is a god send when I snipe because usually if I hit someone and it's not a head shot they will go behind cover, and then they try and peek out to get me. What they don't realize is that I can see them through the cover since I hit them and already have my next shot lined up, and I can see exactly when they start to move out from the cover.

FabCam

JakOfTheShadows said:
Thats the best skill in the game IMO, the one thats lets you see enemies that you have damaged. It is a god send when I snipe because usually if I hit someone and it's not a head shot they will go behind cover, and then they try and peek out to get me. What they don't realize is that I can see them through the cover since I hit them and already have my next shot lined up, and I can see exactly when they start to move out from the cover.

Same here. It means that I don't have to get a headshot, I can just go for the body then see where he runs.

Anyone know in the SOP lv the same way as in the beta? I mean as in when you get a lv 2 or lv 3 SOP skill that it still only takes up one spot? I haven't leveled mine yet so I'm not sure although I'm pretty confident thats how any skill in blue works. I think thats a great idea to encourage people to use the support skills.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
JakOfTheShadows said:
Anyone know in the SOP lv the same way as in the beta? I mean as in when you get a lv 2 or lv 3 SOP skill that it still only takes up one spot? I haven't leveled mine yet so I'm not sure although I'm pretty confident thats how any skill in blue works. I think thats a great idea to encourage people to use the support skills.
It does take only one space even if it's lvl 2 or 3.

EDIT: Ass. rifle lvl 3
Speed lvl 3
That SOP skill that lets you see the enemy lvl 2
Knife lvl 2
CQC lvl 2

I need some sleep >.>... good night!

dabookerman said:
Hi umm, sorry for sounding like a noob, but how do I go about joining the Gaf Clan?

If you go to the clan option from the menu after you select you character there should be a "search for clan" option. Just search for neogaf and then when the clan pops up select it and then choose apply to clan from the menu that pops up.

JakOfTheShadows said:
If you go to the clan option from the menu after you select you character there should be a "search for clan" option. Just search for neogaf and then when the clan pops up select it and then choose apply to clan from the menu that pops up.

Thanks, I have never been part of a clan before. This should be good, problem is, I won't have much of a chance to play it over the next 2 weeks, I will be abroad. But when I come back, I will show you my Naked Snake.

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
Already posted in the other thread right at the beginning, but here goes...

GAF: The Crimson Kid
PSN: The_Crimson_King
MGO: TheCrimsonKing
REGION: USA - East

I just tried joining the clan. Odd that 52/64 = full, but whatever.

Teknoman

I had to keep saying "SOP LINK" before each round started because most people, aside from GAF in that game, would just take off. There were a few people who started to "get it" and stuck together in small 2-3 man squads until they could find decent cover.

Indeed

So what about the different weapons?
In DrebinPoint games i have access to a seriously awesome sniper rifle, but i cant access it in "normal" games. Do I have to unlock these extra weapons?

Also in training mode there are loads of weapons i havent seen in normal games yet, what about them?

Right now everyone is either using the M4 or the SVD =/

dabookerman said:
Thanks, I have never been part of a clan before. This should be good, problem is, I won't have much of a chance to play it over the next 2 weeks, I will be abroad. But when I come back, I will show you my Naked Snake.

that's hot.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
I totally don't remember us hitting the 64 player cap limit, gimmie a min. Might have mistaken me sleeping for rejection :lol

dork

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
I totally don't remember us hitting the 64 player cap limit, gimmie a min. Might have mistaken me sleeping for rejection :lol

Shiny reward if you kick someone and let me in :lol

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
Nozdeuce said:

It only says there are 52 people in it on my side. Dunno if that is just MGO's problem or my PS3's problem.

dork

Banned
Im assuming 12 people are waiting to be accepted. I bought a wired headset just for this :(

WOAHHH I THINK I GOT IN!!!!!!!

Teknoman

Oh man I just realised MGS3 Indoor theme is "Battle in the Base"! Also Metal Gear Portable Ops theme in MGO is just amazing all the way through.

They really picked a great set of themes for MGO, also the original ones that were back in the beta arent too bad either.

EDIT: Save a spot for Darkpen. We need that logo :lol

dork

Banned
Teknoman said:
Oh man I just realised MGS3 Indoor theme is "Battle in the Base"! Also Metal Gear Portable Ops theme in MGO is just amazing all the way through.

They really picked a great set of themes for MGO, also the original ones that were back in the beta arent too bad either.

Was it you who needed a bluetooth headset?

Nozdeuce said:
Re-apply, I got it but it said it was canceled, you'll just barely sneak in.
YAYYYY <3

It's applied now, just pending :). Must have kept erroring earlier

Nozdeuce

dork said:
YAYYYY <3

Haven't gotten it yet but I'm refreshing. Also you'll be the last member accepted, final spot is for Darkpen, if and when he ever joins the darkside of MGO.

dork

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Haven't gotten it yet but I'm refreshing. Also you'll be the last member accepted, final spot is for Darkpen, if and when he ever joins the darkside of MGO.

Appreciate it. Been waiting for the clan for awhile now, want to play with people who actually use SOP and know what they are doing.

It says 62/64, and i have the ability to cancel application and stuff, so I think you should see it shortly. Thanks :)

Edit--Soon as its accepted I'll throw up a dedicated room, since I'm watching tv and not using my bandwidth.

Nozdeuce

dork said:
Appreciate it. Been waiting for the clan for awhile now, want to play with people who actually use SOP and know what they are doing.

It says 62/64, and i have the ability to cancel application and stuff, so I think you should see it shortly. Thanks :)

Edit--Soon as its accepted I'll throw up a dedicated room, since I'm watching tv and not using my bandwidth.
Check your PM's might as well figure this out there. From what I can tell from this thread applications are almost instant.

Nozdeuce

AkuMifune said:
I applied to the clan from inside the game, and was accepted, but not sure which region.

I'm an Asia (TW), so I guess there is some cross-region play.

GameID: Tolstoys_Hookah
In Game Name: AkuMifune
What in the hell? I accepted you into the NA clan. You're seriously in Asia?
you're totally getting kicked

What region PS3 and MGS4 do you have? This is really interesting...and weird.

Teknoman

dork said:
Was it you who needed a bluetooth headset?

YAYYYY <3

Yeah. Damn charger on my Jabra is busted, cant find a replacement anywhere in stores, and the MGS4 headset I bought, while cool looking and comfortable, is defective.

Keep getting static popping noises and some wierd ringing noise over the headset if I put my hand near it.

Ronin

Nozdeuce said:
What in the hell? I accepted you into the NA clan. You're seriously in Asia?
you're totally getting kicked

What region PS3 and MGS4 do you have? This is really interesting...and weird.
If it doesn't work out, can I have his spot? :-/

dork

Banned
Teknoman said:
Yeah. Damn charger on my Jabra is busted, cant find a replacement anywhere in stores, and the MGS4 headset I bought, while cool looking and comfortable, is defective.

Keep getting static popping noises and some wierd ringing noise over the headset if I put my hand near it.

I have a motorola h350, I think that's what it is. Pay shipping and it's yours. I need to find the charger cable though. I used it like twice. I just prefer the wired one, it's to much of a hassle to sync and whatnot.

Nozdeuce

Ronin said:
If it doesn't work out, can I have his spot? :-/
Actually yes, I just sent you an ingame mail saying as much. Was about to PM you too :lol

Edit: Wow, since Neogaf:Cobra Unit didn't fit there are now two clans named Cobra Unit :lol

I'm alone in the neogaf room just hanging out in a box. More people join in.

The game I had before this was amazing. Only five people in the game, but it was me and this other guy versus three enemies in a capture game. He ran the toy back to the base as I held off everyone else on this one bridge with my M4 and eventually handgun. I had to start CQCing these guys so they wouldn't go past.

Nozdeuce

Linkzg said:

The game I had before this was amazing. Only five people in the game, but it was me and this other guy versus three enemies in a capture game. He ran the toy back to the base as I held off everyone else on this one bridge with my M4 and eventually handgun. I had to start CQCing these guys so they wouldn't go past.
Oh god it's happening again. The memories. The horror :(

dork

Banned
Linkzg said:

I just flipped over to my ps3, and saw a box sitting there..........:lol :lol

If you wan't me to restart it and make it public let me know

Top Bottom