• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
:(

sorry i missed the excitement...i just got back from lunch with some people, then saw all the diablo III shit which (sorry to say) took some precedence over MGO.

if folks are still down for some metal gear online later today, i'm game

Sallokin

That was a lot of fun!

I think for the most part we ended up in ties on every match. Hope to do this again really soon.

Anyway here's some photos I took at Ambush Alley.

AmbushAlley_5.jpg

AmbushAlley_4.jpg

AmbushAlley_3.jpg

AmbushAlley_2.jpg

AmbushAlley_1.jpg

AmbushAlley.jpg

I really had a blast. I hope we can do this more often.

Teknoman

DAMN IT.

Im blaming Diablo III....but I stayed up till like...6am today. Went to sleep asked someone to wake me up at 12pm. Apparently that didnt work out and I just got up.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Was a great first run with a great turnout. Maps and modes were fine. My one issue was RPGs on Base, but meh.

What I thought was a way too early turned out to be quite popular, with a full server for about 2 hours. With people (myself included) still playing now. Can't wait to do this another time, having a second scrim saturday or sunday night for the people who couldn't make the morning/day event would be good.
I just want more people around playing

Teknoman said:
DAMN IT.

Im blaming Diablo III....but I stayed up till like...6am today. Went to sleep asked someone to wake me up at 12pm. Apparently that didnt work out and I just got up.
I was still up so I stayed up for the Diablo stuff too and still made it
3 hours sleep ftw

One idea to consider for next time would be a waiting room/overflow server people could hang out in and play and then join the "real" game when someone drops

Bajan32

hehe that was way too much fun, best games ive had yet.
For the guys that missed it hope you can make the next one.

Wasabi the map rotations and everything was fine, was having an
awesome time. almost 2 straight hours of bullets whizzing by..

couple pics =)

AmbushAlley.jpg

BloodBath.jpg

Nozdeuce said:
Was a great first run with a great turnout. Maps and modes were fine. My one issue was RPGs on Base, but meh.

Couldn't agree more. Much better playing with GAF people than the random folks you usually run into. An extra period either on Saturday or Sunday night would probably be good, too. My only issue was with myself. I really need to break the old habit of aiming center mass and go a little higher.

Nozdeuce

Human_Shield said:
Couldn't agree more. Much better playing with GAF people than the random folks you usually run into. An extra period either on Saturday or Sunday night would probably be good, too. My only issue was with myself. I really need to break the old habit of aiming center mass and go a little higher.
It's too bad there's so few (0?) instructors yet. There were a few players who didn't do too hot, maybe we should work on a GAF Helps(tm) server. Where we can try to go easy on people and give them pointers as we go.

Farnack

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
I was still up so I stayed up for the Diablo stuff too and still made it
3 hours sleep ftw
Metoo... metoo

5am bedtime.

Wish I could play but I have like lots of dls going for D3 stuff...

Nozdeuce

Farnack said:
Metoo... metoo

5am bedtime.

Wish I could play but I have like lots of dls going for D3 stuff...
I'm totally taking a break..after about 4 hours of MGO :lol

carlos

Played badly in a few games partly because my skills (unknowingly) were set to shotgun while I was using smg's ....doh'
I couldn't buy a headshot....

My headset (from warhawk) doesn't seem to be working either...yes, I did hold down the button

good games guys :)

I played in the NeoGAF clans in the beta but I couldn't get MGS4 until now. I applied to the Frog unit as hellsing321, just a heads up to the Frog leader. I look forward to playing with everyone again.

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:
Awesome. One way or another, GAF will be a part of that I assure you.

Epic games earlier. FOX UNIT FTW :D
Cheater :(

I like how you killed my whole team after I woke you up at AA, that was solid

Ephemeris

Part of me wishes I change my MGO name from jason to either Infamous Rattlesnake or my personal fave: Cannon Badger

Nozdeuce said:
Cheater :(

I like how you killed my whole team after I woke you up at AA, that was solid

Pho3nix was on my case about that after the game >_> <_<

I purposely tried to avoid you afterwards though. And kudos in regards to your OMGWTFHOWDIDHEDOTHAT aiming with the tranq pistol. There was this one part where you tranq'd me, woke me, ran away and returned to tranq me again.

At that point I was ready to EAT my dualshock. :lol

Varth

Has anyone ever get a double death? Basically sometimes when I get killed, I end up dying as soon as I spawn, killed a second time from the same player (that most of the time is on the other side of the map). Bah.

Also, what's up with the headshots I get whenever I grab someone? When I go one on one with someone and grab him before he can shoot, sometimes I get headshotted misteriously (no gunshot or anything). Double Bah.

1stStrike

Banned
Yea, I've had the double death and the cqc headshot before. Both are bugs.

I hate you all...I've been at work since before most of you woke up..and I'm still here..and missed all the fun ><

I'm so taking monday off.

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:
Part of me wishes I change my MGO name from jason to either Infamous Rattlesnake or my personal fave: Cannon Badger

I purposely tried to avoid you afterwards though. And kudos in regards to your OMGWTFHOWDIDHEDOTHAT aiming with the tranq pistol. There was this one part where you tranq'd me, woke me, ran away and returned to tranq me again.

Excellent, I like Pho3nix :lol

Thanks :D I wish my disturbingly clutch tranq pistol skills would carry over to assault rifles. Later after almost everyone was gone I held off Killthee and someone else with an Operator, landing headshot after headshot. Really do like tranq pistoling though, good times.

I've always kind of wondered if my tranq pistol and box antics gets to people, apparently it does :D Now I wonder how my fellow teamates feel as I go around tranqing and waking. I'm guessing not so hot after you rolled everyone.

Aeon712

Played with a couple Fox Unit members earlier today. Had some fun, really enjoying MGO's change of pace compared to my usual online games (Resistance,Haze,Unreal,GTA).

Ephemeris said:

lol that match was really fun. it seemed i couldnt snipe for shit since you would flank my ass every damn time. good stuff, i mastered snipers so now its onto assault. as well as mastering narc and monomania. how does one level up monomania.

Nozdeuce

Shinz Kicker said:
lol that match was really fun. it seemed i couldnt snipe for shit since you would flank my ass every damn time. good stuff, i mastered snipers so now its onto assault. as well as mastering narc and monomania. how does one level up monomania.
It was you I was Operating on along with Killthee at MM after that wasn't it? Not exactly sure how to level monomania, just make sure you're always SOP linked and just fire away at people I guess. That's how I mastered it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
shoot, I just have enough problems with cqc problems, like hit detection. I can't grab them when I'm next to them, but they can grab me from 4-5 feet away...

Lonestar

heh, was wondering what happened. I got kicked, and got back in, with the same weapons I had before, then zippp, games gone.

Nozdeuce

Lonestar said:
heh, was wondering what happened. I got kicked, and got back in, with the same weapons I had before, then zippp, games gone.
Yeah, that was weird. Think I'm gonna take a break for a bit and try some more MGO later.
When you were complaining, was it lagging for you at all?

Lonestar

nah, I don't think so. It's more "holy shit, 1 shot from a hand gun, after pumping 15 rounds into you" disgust.

Nozdeuce

Lonestar said:
nah, I don't think so. It's more "holy shit, 1 shot from a hand gun, after pumping 15 rounds into you" disgust.
Ahh, it happens to be best of us :( If you want to be cheered up ask Ephemeris for stories :D

1stStrike

Banned
I'll be home in an hour or two so I might be game for a bit before I go to bed. I'm irritated from some douchebags at work though so maybe not. If I host a server I'm disabling the M4 and M14 though.

Human_Shield said:
I really think you do not give yourself enough credit. I got my one chokeout on you, and then it was just getting gunned down left and right.

BTW: If you guys got rejected from FrogUnit, it's because I had no idea you were from NeoGAF.

1stStrike

Banned
WasabiKing said:
I really think you do not give yourself enough credit. I got my one chokeout on you, and then it was just getting gunned down left and right.

I think my first day with you guys was my best..since then it's generally been me getting my ass handed to me every time we play together. lvl 3 for life.

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
I think my first day with you guys was my best..since then it's generally been me getting my ass handed to me every time we play together. lvl 3 for life.
Try a new set of skills out on an average level 2 server and roll people. It makes MGO fun again.

I also agree with Wasabi, Human_Shield is really good. Had me super frustrated the other night when I was playing against him :(

WasabiKing said:

You left me like swiss cheese for a while there. And I have to apologize, as I called you very mean things that you could not hear. :lol I'm good now.

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Try a new set of skills out on an average level 2 server and roll people. It makes MGO fun again.

I also agree with Wasabi, Human_Shield is really good. Had me super frustrated the other night when I was playing against him :(

I've just taken to snipe tranquing people. It's actually easier than sniping with the svd (cause 2 shots = knock out). I had 3 people on a team sleeping in the previous game (and 3 people all ran up to me when i was snake in the one before that and i tranqed all 3 and won in like 5 seconds).

Though, it doesn't get you many points..it severely pisses off the other team.

Edit: I will put up a game in rosemary. All the same stuff as usual. neogaf, believe, yada yada.

I was playing in a game trying to beat people down with a shield or knock them out with a tranq gun and I noticed I had a message. Some random guy asked "how did you get into neogaf, your stats suck" (except misspelled). Then I checked my stats and realized my K/D ratio was terrible. I have been fucking around too much online trying to tranq people or do stupid shit.

Crateman

My connection died and now I can't get back in :(

I'll keep trying

EDIT: So that's it. Bummer, we were having a blast. Could somebody rehost?

EDIT PART DEUX: Great. I now have the rat next to my name. :(

No m4 ftw. lol g3a3 is actually pretty sweet. that whole bases games was pimp. but we need more capture games. or sne with less people. it was great fun tonight.

Top Bottom