• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Nooreo said:
Wait monomania 2 requires one slot?

Also i too wasnt too happy with Assualt 3, right now im using Assault 2 and Sniper 2. Its working great for me.
Hawkeye, Quarterback, Monomania, Trickster, Narc, Sixth Sense, and Scanner are all non expansive (1 slot no matter the level).

SRG01

If you guys ever automatch with a person named "CardboardBoss", be sure to vote-kick him. He has teamkilled for many games. :(

Is there a way to report users?

is there anyway to grind Hawkeye. first person mode suck soooo bad but a level 3 hawkeye might make it more manageable. does anyone have screen shots of all 4 levels (one without out it). whats the level variants for things like narc, do you just peg everyone you see rather than attack.

Just started getting into MGO the last few days. My kill/death ratio is better than in most shooter games, 216-120.

For some reason I feel like i'm not understanding a lot of the mechanics of the game. I'm really not clear on things such as under what conditions titles are given or leveling up. Is there a site which explains the rules of of the game, like a MGO FAQ. I checked Gamefaqs, but the only FAQ available is very incomplete so far.

Does anyone know if there a penalty for leaving a game in the middle of a match? Like for instance, Resistance.

ChryZ

Pic from a few days ago:
2i9saqt.jpg

ChryZ said:
Oh man, I posted the pic and headed for the gym ... am I too late? I'll be on in a few minutes.
When I left 15 minutes ago, there were no other GAFers left.

Edit: How bad was the lag? I don't think my connection is meant to handle 16 players.

Cassano

haha, I leave BeeUnit because no one was ever online when I was (I'm guessing most are Euro, not Aus/Nz like me) then apparently you guys were online just a while ago. Maybe I'll reapply, this other clan I jumped in aren't online ever, either.

Cassano said:
haha, I leave BeeUnit because no one was ever online when I was (I'm guessing most are Euro, not Aus/Nz like me) then apparently you guys were online just a while ago. Maybe I'll reapply, this other clan I jumped in aren't online ever, either.
I noticed that we were missing a member, but I couldn't figure out who left. As soon as Seiken gets a new copy of the game the clan should be a bit more active.

Nooreo said:
I was the same once, but then i just gave up hope.And later on i started to talk when i felt like it. Then i realized its much better that way. Just having fun and talking when the game has people talking. Instead of expecting every one to talk when i join a server.
EXACTLY. Let the game come to you, and it's much more enjoyable. I'm still super run and gun, and my K/D ratio shows it, but I still enjoy

Let's go through the types of games, base, tdm, capture, and rescue?

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
WasabiKing said:
EXACTLY. Let the game come to you, and it's much more enjoyable. I'm still super run and gun, and my K/D ratio shows it, but I still enjoy

Let's go through the types of games, base, tdm, capture, and rescue?
I also suggest this. I've tried to force scanning, CQC and other junk I'm really bad at. Assault rifles and Monomania for me :D

One of the issues I have with teamwork and not having a mic is sometimes I seem like a complete douche/idiot. Like on Capture I'll rush off (mostly by myself) to get between the Kerotan and the enemy scoring zone, great if they take it. Seemingly retarded if they don't.

Rescue I could do without, but I kinda like them all, so anything works for me.

1stStrike

Banned
BlockBastard said:
is there a GAF game up on the US servers? I've seen ONE person go online today.

I'm at work atm. I have to sit here all day doing nothing just because I have weekend duty and have to be here. It's still early on the west coast, so there's probably not a lot of people up yet (people that say 10 am is early scare me..)

I'm sure people will be up for the match, but all bets are off after that.

@Noz: It seems like it's more of a mind set thing with PS3 owners vs XBOX 360 owners. You go into any game on xbox and everyone has a mic and are chattering away. You go into any game on the PS3 and it's dead silent.

PS3 owners are anti-social D:

Sallokin

Anyone else on yet for the matches? I was going to jump on and get a few warm up rounds out of the way before they really start.

I'm gonna try to host right now, kinda of like a test run, you guys can find it at:

server: Rosemary
Gamename: NeoGAFvsNeoGAF
pass: believe

15 games

TDM 5 games, all 5 maps, Drebin'd
Rescue 3 games, NOT Drebin'd, so no M14 for you whores
Capture 4 games, Drebin'd
Base 3 games, Drebin'd

I will be checking the thread up until game time, or if someone else wishes to host, by all means step up to the plate.

Also, there will be parts of the game where I will be inactive, family emergency just came up, so free kills for some of y'all. sorry, but I will probably back in game around 10:45am.

Comments and suggestions always good, this is the first run. Balance yourselves out accordingly! Auto=assign is disable, so fox and vanilla, pick your colors. Frog divide yourselves amongst the people

I've been hosting games and AFAIK no one complained about LAG yet. I got 1Mbit upload but i'm from Europe (Import copy).

I'll gladly host and play if you're short on people.

Nozdeuce

Update after 2 full games: really really close intense games and a great turnout :D

Fox is winning so far and MetalMurphey is the surprise of the match
at least to me

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
I'm really pissed that I'm stuck here at work for my entire weekend. I was looking forward to this.
Meh, it's showing no signs of slowing. We keep getting new/more people even. In-game reaction is really positive overall, sounds like it'll be a regular deal.

I'd like a thing at this time, then another at night, or sunday night even.

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Meh, it's showing no signs of slowing. We keep getting new/more people even. In-game reaction is really positive overall, sounds like it'll be a regular deal.

I'd like a thing at this time, then another at night, or sunday night even.

That's cool. Next weekend is a 4 day weekend for me and I'm sure as hell taking a day off next week and the week after to compensate for my wasted weekend here (two 12 hour days in a row).

However, I won't be off work until 8 pm tonight and I doubt I'll have much energy to do anything but sleep.

Good games, guys. That was a lot of fun. Had to stop due to my nicotine addiction kicking. Well, that and it's 230 in the morning over here. We should definitely do this more often.

i was playing a game last night of 100% capture lots of games really fun. but the server guy had only one gun blocked... the M14. the fact that it comes with a 10x scope at 750d where the scope on the m4 would be 2500d. its the best Drebin to awesome ratio and should probably cost about 1500-2000 rather than 750 but if your a sniper in capture and your forced to move up all you have is a pistol vs whatever automatic that have packing or kinda semi auto svd. didnt really stop me from almost gettings sniper three last night but a slight annoyance any way. i kinda wanna make a Mosin/pistol or Mk.2/stun knife game.

Nozdeuce

MiamiWesker said:
Everytime I am on I am practically the only person in the whole clan on.

So whats happening today??
Neogaf clan vs clan vs clan, come join in! (if there's room)

1stStrike

Banned
Shinz Kicker said:
i was playing a game last night of 100% capture lots of games really fun. but the server guy had only one gun blocked... the M14. the fact that it comes with a 10x scope at 750d where the scope on the m4 would be 2500d. its the best Drebin to awesome ratio and should probably cost about 1500-2000 rather than 750 but if your a sniper in capture and your forced to move up all you have is a pistol vs whatever automatic that have packing or kinda semi auto svd. didnt really stop me from almost gettings sniper three last night but a slight annoyance any way. i kinda wanna make a Mosin/pistol or Mk.2/stun knife game.

next time i host a game i might block the M4 and the M14 and see how things go. I think it might be a lot more..balanced.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
btw, could anyone hear my mic on the last round, the Camera round? Still trying to get this thing sorted out.

Sorry guys, my eyes couldn't take it anymore :p

Glad to see that after several bad games I made yesterday I was back in shape on this one :p

Also, anyone else getting disconnected after taking a screenshot? Happened twice to me... here they are btw:
33er2o3.jpg

bdjk34.jpg

wow, thanks for coming to play, everyone. I think Bajan32 said it best, the game is MUCH MORE FUN when rolling with the folks at NeoGAF. The communication in most of the games I played was very good, and a lot of players of ALL skill levels all showed up. There were teams of 3 and 4 soldiers gunning down together, warning other players of enemies, and some good chokeouts and stabbings all around.

I'd personally like to know if you guys have suggestions for map rotations and modes. I really don't plan on blocking weapons you can buy on Drebin mode. Since I was gone for the capture mode, how was non-drebin mode? Did we even get there? Too many maps? Too many rounds? The purpose is to develop a standard for all our official clan skirmishes in the future.

Again, thanks for playing!

Top Bottom