• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Aeon712

I feel accomplished, after not having a animal icon next to my name I finally have the Eagle :D. I wanted anything but the Sloth :lol.

1stStrike

Banned
well, that was fun. i really dislike the assault rifle, but i've decided that i might as well level up the skill as there's some times where a sniper rifle just isn't viable.

i did pretty decent tonight. me and jason cleaned house on MM as usual..and then noz and everyone else showed up (having jason and noz on the same team should almost be against the rules as it stacks the team hardcore ><).

noz finally went ape shit with the tranq pistol..even made me kill myself with my own grenade once.

oh and, this isn't football..people need to spread out some more. everyone was clumping together, not watching their backs and kind of oblivious to things around them in the sneaking match. Maps with a lot of hiding spots and places to climb give you more opportunities to spread out while still watching each others backs instead of just charging straight on.

Overall a good time though. I don't think I did anything to piss anyone off today at least.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
1stStrike said:
well, that was fun. i really dislike the assault rifle, but i've decided that i might as well level up the skill as there's some times where a sniper rifle just isn't viable.

i did pretty decent tonight. me and jason cleaned house on MM as usual..and then noz and everyone else showed up (having jason and noz on the same team should almost be against the rules as it stacks the team hardcore ><).

noz finally went ape shit with the tranq pistol..even made me kill myself with my own grenade once.

oh and, this isn't football..people need to spread out some more. everyone was clumping together, not watching their backs and kind of oblivious to things around them in the sneaking match. Maps with a lot of hiding spots and places to climb give you more opportunities to spread out while still watching each others backs instead of just charging straight on.

Overall a good time though. I don't think I did anything to piss anyone off today at least.
Thanks for posting the highlight of my night, saves me the trouble :D

That's really what it's all about

I had fun playing with you guys tonight. Funny how I spent the whole week playing this game and the time all the Gaf people showed up in one server I had to leave.

I really like CQC and Knife =)

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Thanks for posting the highlight of my night, saves me the trouble :D

That's really what it's all about

Oh, no problem. I had a few good ones on you that made me chuckle too :p

It seemed like in that sneaking match, everytime I'd get a sweet kill lined up, 4 of you mofo's would come around a corner and rape me..and my team was nowhere to be found.

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
Oh, no problem. I had a few good ones on you that made me chuckle too :p

It seemed like in that sneaking match, everytime I'd get a sweet kill lined up, 4 of you mofo's would come around a corner and rape me..and my team was nowhere to be found.
It's not easy being a joke character :(

Best way I use my team is by pretending they don't exist and assuming they'll never help me, so I just go balls out and do what I can. It just so happened Jason's path of destruction would often pass through mine.

BeautifulMemory said:
I had fun playing with you guys tonight. Funny how I spent the whole week playing this game and the time all the Gaf people showed up in one server I had to leave.

I really like CQC and Knife =)
Oh man, I totally nailed you with a few clutch tranq pistol rounds :D

Nozdeuce said:
Oh man, I totally nailed you with a few clutch tranq pistol rounds :D

=D

I also liked seeing you and your team crouching from across the map with sniper rifle and I just ran in circles daring one of you to hit me

Konami really should let me use Runner 2 along with CQC 1 and Knife 3, it would be so much fun and Ninja

Nozdeuce

BeautifulMemory said:
=D

I also liked seeing you and your team crouching from across the map with sniper rifle and I just ran in circles daring one of you to hit me

Konami really should let me use Runner 2 along with CQC 1 and Knife 3, it would be so much fun and Ninja
I agree, I need more runner 2 with Handgun 3

Yeah, not to mention 90% of the people don't have the humor to knife/handgun match you as they are willing to kill you with rifles/sniper rifles at point blank

Nozdeuce

BeautifulMemory said:
Yeah, not to mention 90% of the people don't have the humor to knife/handgun match you as they are willing to kill you with rifles/sniper rifles at point blank
You mean try to?

yeah. What I meant to say is that only a handful of players are willing to duel you, whether you are knifing and using the handgun, while a lot of them are just willing to spray the rifles to kill you

Just personal opinion, so I got tired of the game really quickly doing and watching the same thing as most people were doing: crouch, aim with rifle, and gernade

Nozdeuce

BeautifulMemory said:
yeah. What I meant to say is that only a handful of players are willing to duel you, whether you are knifing and using the handgun, while a lot of them are just willing to spray the rifles to kill you

Just personal opinion, so I got tired of the game really quickly doing and watching the same thing as most people were doing: crouch, aim with rifle, and gernade
Right on, I just meant they can't kill me.

Because I am awesome.

ChryZ

Indeed said:
Alrighty EuroGAF.

Since our BeeUnit is currently on hold since Seiken is still M.I.A.
ive created a new Unit.

NeoGAF:WaspUnit

Feel free to stay in the BeeUnit if you want but all Eurogaffers who havent been accepted to the BeeUnit yet, apply to the WaspUnit for maximum Gaffage.
Will do.

Man, what's up with Seiken? I've PM'd him, but even though he was posting like every 5 minutes in that Diablo3 thread there was no reaction.

Maybe it would be a good idea to migrate the whole bee unit to wasp?

Nozdeuce

BeautifulMemory said:
LOL

well, you are the leader, right?
Leader of being awesome? Yes

Also, Ephemeris/Jason and Wasabi are assistants to the leader of being Awesome

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Indeed said:
Alrighty EuroGAF.

Since our BeeUnit is currently on hold since Seiken is still M.I.A.
ive created a new Unit.

NeoGAF:WaspUnit

Feel free to stay in the BeeUnit if you want but all Eurogaffers who havent been accepted to the BeeUnit yet, apply to the WaspUnit for maximum Gaffage.

Whyyyyyy?

Ephemeris

1stStrike: We were pretty damn good before everyone showed up; I felt bad whenever that guy would sneak up and grab/slice you though >_<

Nozdeuce said:
Leader of being awesome? Yes

Also, Ephemeris/Jason and Wasabi are assistants to the leader of being Awesome
:lol

Pho3nix too complained that we should never be on the same team :lol Outstanding tranq gunning btw. I tend to leave your sleeping prey alive/napping on the capture maps, but I had to take them out in the sneaking missions.

And boy, did you leave alot around. If I was Snake I'd be saying "Jackpot!"

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:
Pho3nix too complained that we should never be on the same team :lol Outstanding tranq gunning btw. I tend to leave your sleeping prey alive/napping on the capture maps, but I had to take them out in the sneaking missions.

And boy, did you leave alot around. If I was Snake I'd be saying "Jackpot!"
Why would she care about splitting us up? I'm flashy but most of the time I was coming disturbingly close to winning last place. Totally just as well you killed people for me, really I'm just too lazy to knife people, and I usually either forget I have a main weapon or it's a mosin (or nothing at all).

Tranq'ing is definitely the pinnacle of amazing, killing is so final. You can't make someone drop their own grenade and die to it if you kill them :D

I like how together we totally fucked up the pacing of UU. You mowing people down and me sleeping them, then the both of us trying to find people to kill/grief. I managed to spawn camp the shit out of people with my handguns :D

Edit: accept my PSN invite sometime, Jerkstore :/

Ephemeris

Nozdeuce said:
Why would she care about splitting us up?
Hmm. I think you answered your own question ;0
Nozdeuce said:
I like how together we totally fucked up the pacing of UU. You mowing people down and me sleeping them, then the both of us trying to find people to kill/grief. I managed to spawn camp the shit out of people with my handguns :D

Thanks again for the tip. From what little I played with that setup, I could defintely see the potential.

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:
Hmm. I think you answered your own question ;0

Thanks again for the tip. From what little I played with that setup, I could defintely see the potential.
Yeah but I'm useless :(

As I've mentioned earlier in here, single-fire P90 is retardedly awesome. It's like someone didn't have enough of me griefing with pistols and wanted to give me a full 50 shots to try with. Such a good headshot machine in the right hands, but most of the time people using smg's just annoy me by draining my health slightly and making me turn around =/

McBradders

So I finally levelled up both my running and my rifle to level 2... but now it takes up 2 slots a piece?

Any advice? It seems to me like rifles and running being equipped at the same time are counterproductive to anything but playing the game like a regular FPS/TPS.

So tell me, godly gods, where do I go now?

McBradders said:
So I finally levelled up both my running and my rifle to level 2... but now it takes up 2 slots a piece?

Any advice? It seems to me like rifles and running being equipped at the same time are counterproductive to anything but playing the game like a regular FPS/TPS.

So tell me, godly gods, where do I go now?

I'm not exactly a godly god at MGO, but I switch up my skills depending on the map. Say if I'm playing on Blood Bath, I go with assault 3 and CQC 1, if I'm playing on a map with lots of corners for hiding, I go with Assault 2 and CQC 2. Sometimes I use my level 2 sniper skill if I'm in the mood a long with my level 2 CQC.

Also, I really think of you're CQC'ing someone and some random dood comes up to you and steals your kill, you should really get points for that. Even half is fine. It's really annoying when you've got someone in a choke-hold and a teammate steals your skill depriving you of the satisfaction of choking someone out.

McBradders

Honestly I think this is where the game starts to fall down in its thinking, which is a shame. I'm not saying I should be able to run around with every skill maxed out, but 4 slots is a little restrictive.

McBradders said:
Honestly I think this is where the game starts to fall down in its thinking, which is a shame. I'm not saying I should be able to run around with every skill maxed out, but 4 slots is a little restrictive.

it prevents the game for having players as strong as Snake running around. I thought it was pretty restrictive at first, but when I thought about it a little, do I really want to be fighting players with ridiculous skill levels? It should also let the characters they're gonna release in the upcoming packs feel more substantial.

I sure do fucking hope they release Cyborg Raiden for MGO. I remember Kojima hinting at it in an interview a long time ago. :D

McBradders

BlockBastard said:
it prevents the game for having players as strong as Snake running around. I thought it was pretty restrictive at first, but when I thought about it a little, do I really want to be fighting players with ridiculous skill levels? It should also let the characters they're gonna release in the upcoming packs feel more substantial.

I sure do fucking hope they release Cyborg Raiden for MGO. I remember Kojima hinting at it in an interview a long time ago. :D

True, and I guess it now allows me to toy with super speed and upped CQC and Knife skillz.

Hmmmmn...

Indeed

McBradders said:
True, and I guess it now allows me to toy with super speed and upped CQC and Knife skillz.

Hmmmmn...

Just make sure not to try knifing on UU. ive never had any real success there. Too many snipers not enough hiding places. Especially if you spawn in the tunnel.

Also try to avoid using blades3. Throat cutting may be pretty cool but getting the cqc grab is hard enough for me (laggs) plus stunning or cutting is extremly fast anyway.

Anyone else gonna be picking up the stand alone Japanese release of MGO? I'm gonna buy it when it's available - I wanna play with Japanese players.

Ilparazzo

BlockBastard said:
Anyone else gonna be picking up the stand alone Japanese release of MGO? I'm gonna buy it when it's available - I wanna play with Japanese players.

For the game to be any fun, wouldn't that require you to understand what they write/say during the game? I mean, I don't think that in a japanese only region people are going to be chatting in english... If it's just playing than I don't think it makes that much of a difference where the people you play with are from.

Ilparazzo said:
For the game to be any fun, wouldn't that require you to understand what they write/say during the game? I mean, I don't think that in a japanese only region people are going to be chatting in english... If it's just playing than I don't think it makes that much of a difference where the people you play with are from.

I can speak conversational Japanese and read Hiragana/Katana and some Kanji, but what I'm really after is the latency, as I live in Asia.

Ilparazzo

So I just noticed something, after I left the beeunit just 5 secs ago i noticed that a Neogaf clan exists, created by Teddyroxx?What's up with that? I mean it's just him, and he says it's the official EU-neogaf clan only for members but why is there not even one post about it here? Now we have 3 clans and not enough people for even one complete clan...

EDIT: Who is Teddyroxx anyway? And why isn't he in the gaf MGO players list?

todahawk

Nozdeuce said:
Yeah but I'm useless :(

As I've mentioned earlier in here, single-fire P90 is retardedly awesome. It's like someone didn't have enough of me griefing with pistols and wanted to give me a full 50 shots to try with. Such a good headshot machine in the right hands, but most of the time people using smg's just annoy me by draining my health slightly and making me turn around =/

yeah, i made the mistake of trying to level up SMG with you and jason on the other team. got mono to 2 but dropped from level 4 to 3... :(

i was doing well against the assholes (see prev post) and saw you hop online so thought i'd play a couple more matches. good fun but bad for score.

1stStrike

Banned
I'll be available most all of today, so just let me know if any NA gaffers wanna match up.

@jason: Yea, that guy kept getting me with cqc, but that's to be expected. I'm pretty terrible close range with a sniper rifle and I suck at cqc. If you guys get up close to me, unless I have luck on my side, I'm pretty much dead. Though, we still won every match anyway..my best shot was while pho3nix was running across the road and I headshotted her in mid-run.

@noz: Even though it has a laser sight, your tranq pistoling is pretty impressive. If people didn't keep killing everyone you tranq'd then you could easily have just about a whole team incapacitated and win bases with ease every time.

I'm pretty sure I won't ever get a headshot with a pistol, tranq or otherwise so yea..don't know how you pull that off.

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:
So I just noticed something, after I left the beeunit just 5 secs ago i noticed that a Neogaf clan exists, created by Teddyroxx?What's up with that? I mean it's just him, and he says it's the official EU-neogaf clan only for members but why is there not even one post about it here? Now we have 3 clans and not enough people for even one complete clan...

EDIT: Who is Teddyroxx anyway? And why isn't he in the gaf MGO players list?

Thats weird. Cant find him on GAF either. But i doubt that its a fake. Maybe a Lurker?
Anyway we shouldnt split the EUROGAF community into 3 clans. As you said we can barely fill one clan with active people.

Oh man, I just experienced the most satisfying thing ever! 30 seconds left, last 3 kills for my team and the opposing side only needs one more. I run into enemy territory with my SVD and encounter 3 enemies, I think I'm pretty much screwed, but I CQC'd one of enemies and whipped out my pistol and I managed to headshot 2 of the guys behind me. My choke meter is dwindling fast so before it ran out, I slam the guy I'm choking to the ground, whip out my SVD and shoot him in the head! We won!

Felt so good :D

1stStrike

Banned
I just found the easiest game ever..except, my team was useless. I kept coming out #1 but my team mates were generally just cannon fodder so we still ended up losing..dumb asses ><

Oh and, my mic is out for delivery now so I'll be back on with the mic today when it gets here. I was missing it (and gonna send my old one in for an RMA so I'll have two of em now).

Top Bottom