• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Bajan32

Ephemeris said:
Confirmation time !

How many of my fellow Foxes will be able to play tomorrow?

I cant say 100% for sure yet..
Have a tentative deep see fishing trip @7am sat morning.
If i wake up late for the trip then yes ill be in w/ fox.

Sorry i cant commit 100% atm.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Ephemeris said:
Only one Fox Unit member confirmed to play? This is a conspiracy I say, A CONSPIRACY!
Brutal :(
all of Frogunit to be subbed in? :lol

1stStrike

Banned
I'm not sure if I can make it or not. I forgot that I have weekend duty, so I may be at work tomorrow (it's a military thing)

Edit: Setting up a MGO game now. Same shit as always. I should restrict the M4 though..

Nooreo

Nozdeuce said:
You're one of mine right? Also it's 23 hours from now
Yes and Yes

But i dont understand how were gonna do this,

gaf clans versing each other right? clearly we cant host a game of 64 vs 64 players

1stStrike

Banned
Nooreo said:
Yes and Yes

But i dont understand how were gonna do this,

gaf clans versing each other right? clearly we cant host a game of 64 vs 64 players

Oh, that won't be a problem. We don't even have half that in active players between all 4 clans (including the europeans)

Sallokin

Since fox needs players I should be able to drag my ass out of bed at 11 a.m. to play with you all.

Also there is nothing more infuriating for me in this game than playing against NeoUltima. Motherfucker GIVE ME A CHANCE!

1stStrike

Banned
Sallokin said:
Since fox needs players I should be able to drag my ass out of bed at 11 a.m. to play with you all.

Also there is nothing more infuriating for me in this game than playing against NeoUltima. Motherfucker GIVE ME A CHANCE!

Haha, that's how I feel when I play noz or jason. I get some kills, but they get a lot more D:

Oh and, in case you didn't get my mail or aren't in MGO yet:

Lobby: Rosemary
Room: neogaf
Password: believe

It's up and running. I'm eating a popsicle while waiting for peeps to join. I saw 4 or so people on in foxunit, but none in frog or neogaf. Hopefully some more peeps will get on.

Sallokin

1stStrike said:
Haha, that's how I feel when I play noz or jason. I get some kills, but they get a lot more D:

Oh and, in case you didn't get my mail or aren't in MGO yet:

Lobby: Rosemary
Room: neogaf
Password: believe

It's up and running. I'm eating a popsicle while waiting for peeps to join. I saw 4 or so people on in foxunit, but none in frog or neogaf. Hopefully some more peeps will get on.

I'll hop on in about 5 minutes.

NeoUltima

Sallokin said:

:lol :lol I'm sorry :(

FabCam

Roar! I'm so pissed right now. I was in a room where almost everyone was getting headshots instantly. I would see an enemy and then be dead. I would walk along, then die. Shoot somebody for ages, dead. DIE DIE DIE! I threw my controller down with rage.

Teknoman

FabCam said:
Roar! I'm so pissed right now. I was in a room where almost everyone was getting headshots instantly. I would see an enemy and then be dead. I would walk along, then die. Shoot somebody for ages, dead. DIE DIE DIE! I threw my controller down with rage.

mgs4-ss12.jpg

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
so when is the match? i saw a clan notice that there was a game this weekend, but no info on time.

update the clan info with the time vs gaf

Nozdeuce

bistromathics said:
so when is the match? i saw a clan notice that there was a game this weekend, but no info on time.

update the clan info with the time vs gaf
1pm EST tomorrow.

The plan is 6 NeoGAF + 2 FrogUnit vs 6 FoxUnit + 2 FrogUnit

Team Neogaf already has it's 6 (+1 alternate) but neither of the other two game rosters are full yet. Maybe depending on availability we could do a few more games after the initial match so we could include other people?
I doubt we could support more than one match at a time =/

Teknoman

Nozdeuce said:
1pm EST tomorrow.

The plan is 6 NeoGAF + 2 FrogUnit vs 6 FoxUnit + 2 FrogUnit

Team Neogaf already has it's 6 (+1 alternate) but neither of the other two game rosters are full yet. Maybe depending on availability we could do a few more games after the initial match so we could include other people?
I doubt we could support more than one match at a time =/

Cool so thats 12pm CST. I wish MGO would allow for spectators to join the match even if the teams were maxed already.

Flo_Evans

I can try and be on standby but it is going to be hard to get up that early if I drink as much as I think I'm going to drink tonight.

Nozdeuce

Teknoman said:
Cool so thats 12pm CST. I wish MGO would allow for spectators to join the match even if the teams were maxed already.
Even better if there was a top down spectating mode with dots, so you could watch people flank around, move in teams, run around in circles, do laps around the map without getting a kill and so on

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
so does fox unit need more representatives? i'm down to play, although i'm pretty....well, not great. i played with a few of the gaf/fox guys the other day...i think noz was there...mosining everybody to sleep

noooo ps3 froze, those were some awesome games, sallokin and 1st strike, if there is room im down for tomorrow. depends when i am seeing walle.

Nozdeuce

bistromathics said:
so does fox unit need more representatives? i'm down to play, although i'm pretty....well, not great. i played with a few of the gaf/fox guys the other day...i think noz was there...mosining everybody to sleep
:D

Don't think we're doing a skill barrier to entry this time. Just looking to have some lighthearted
no surprise 1stStrike bails when it counts
fun. I could very well end up being the worst on my team. MUST NOT BOX.

1stStrike

Banned
I'd like to express my rage at neogaf's server for being a GIANT PIECE OF SHIT.

Playing with you guys is an exercise in frustration for me. I never have a good time because my team always seems to be doing random, predictable shit. One game, on MM, I was going around to grenade them in a game of capture, while my whole team runs up the hallway and gets gunned down. I was just like..what the fuuuck are you dooiingg..ugh.

Or, I'm getting camped..or my ass handed to me on BB. That map sucks. There's sooo many places for people to hide. I die more from not being able to see someone cause I'm constantly trying to move my camera around since you never know where the fuck they'll pop out from.

I have a headache now and you guys made me punch my dog in frustration when he was getting all in my face D:

Teknoman

1stStrike said:
I'd like to express my rage at neogaf's server for being a GIANT PIECE OF SHIT.

Playing with you guys is an exercise in frustration for me. I never have a good time because my team always seems to be doing random, predictable shit. One game, on MM, I was going around to grenade them in a game of capture, while my whole team runs up the hallway and gets gunned down. I was just like..what the fuuuck are you dooiingg..ugh.

Or, I'm getting camped..or my ass handed to me on BB. That map sucks. There's sooo many places for people to hide. I die more from not being able to see someone cause I'm constantly trying to move my camera around since you never know where the fuck they'll pop out from.

I have a headache now and you guys made me punch my dog in frustration when he was getting all in my face D:

Gotta communicate :D

1stStrike

Banned
Teknoman said:
Gotta communicate :D

Nobody has mics. My replacement mic will be here on tuesday, but it's damn near impossible to coordinate when you're the only person on your team with a mic (I can use my PSEYE, but it's not ideal as it picks up background noise easily).

*head desks*

Every online game I've played on the PS3 is 10x more frustrating then it should be because NOBODY has a fucking mic. It's the same in warhawk. COD4 was the only exception, but my dog ate my disk so..I'm not buying another one.

GET A FUCKING MIC

Teknoman

I've got one, but yeah, seems like there are still too many PSN users that dont have one.

I cant believe this is happening in a NeoGAF server game though (not the mic part but the non-stealth part).

Everyone i've played in, people either sneak around or move in groups of 2-3.

Ilparazzo

Doc Evils said:

People that do stuff like this are the scourge of video games it makes me sad, it makes me so angry I think I could have a freaking stroke...

I mean, can you be that bad that you have to resort to making a lag-switch and trying to coordinate with a friend so you can become invisible? Why can't they spend that time actually training like normal people that don't suck?

Maybe I should kick some lag-switch making pussies in the crotch to relax?

Nozdeuce

This thread took an interesting turn.

Suddenly Dork and I going way off-topic doesn't seem so bad. :lol

roxya

1stStrike said:
Nobody has mics. My replacement mic will be here on tuesday, but it's damn near impossible to coordinate when you're the only person on your team with a mic (I can use my PSEYE, but it's not ideal as it picks up background noise easily).

*head desks*

Every online game I've played on the PS3 is 10x more frustrating then it should be because NOBODY has a fucking mic. It's the same in warhawk. COD4 was the only exception, but my dog ate my disk so..I'm not buying another one.

GET A FUCKING MIC

You treat every game as a must win competetive match, but most of us just want to enjoy ourselves regardless. Stop blaming everyone else for not taking it as seriously as you.

Nooreo

roxya said:
You treat every game as a must win competetive match, but most of us just want to enjoy ourselves regardless. Stop blaming everyone else for not taking it as seriously as you.
I was the same once, but then i just gave up hope.And later on i started to talk when i felt like it. Then i realized its much better that way. Just having fun and talking when the game has people talking. Instead of expecting every one to talk when i join a server.

Bookey

Professional Monk
so whats the deal guys, is nobody playing this anymore or what? Hardly ever see more than like 2 ppl online in the clan at a time

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Teknoman said:
I've got one, but yeah, seems like there are still too many PSN users that dont have one.

i've got one, but i didnt have it plugged in when i was in the gaf server since no one else really did either. everyone is always so quiet and/or difficult to hear anyways.

Teknoman said:
I cant believe this is happening in a NeoGAF server game though (not the mic part but the non-stealth part).

Everyone i've played in, people either sneak around or move in groups of 2-3.

i saw the same. i was in a 3v3 maybe and no one was talking, but we were all playing pretty cooperatively. pretty fun matches, i thought

AkuMifune

Banned
After a week of doing great, last night I was getting my ass handed to me continually.
Granted, I was playing with some random dudes against a team of guys with a solid plan, good communication and great skills, but I should have done better.

I'm beginning to think Assault Lvl 3 isn't worth it. Right now I'm using Assault 3 and Monomania 2, but I think I was doing alot better with Assault 2 and Run 2. Is that possible? Maybe some of you more experienced guys can recommend good skill sets for different types of players? Or is it all really just a personal thing?

1stStrike said:
GET A FUCKING MIC

I've got a good one I'll use for GAF meetups, but otherwise I find the random chatter really distracting. Plus, when I play late at night I have to use headphones so I can hear footsteps, and not wake up the house. :D

Nooreo

AkuMifune said:
After a week of doing great, last night I was getting my ass handed to me continually.
Granted, I was playing with some random dudes against a team of guys with a solid plan, good communication and great skills, but I should have done better.

I'm beginning to think Assault Lvl 3 isn't worth it. Right now I'm using Assault 3 and Monomania 2, but I think I was doing alot better with Assault 2 and Run 2. Is that possible? Maybe some of you more experienced guys can recommend good skill sets for different types of players? Or is it all really just a personal thing?

I've got a good one I'll use for GAF meetups, but otherwise I find the random chatter really distracting. Plus, when I play late at night I have to use headphones so I can hear footsteps, and not wake up the house. :D
Wait monomania 2 requires one slot?

Also i too wasnt too happy with Assualt 3, right now im using Assault 2 and Sniper 2. Its working great for me.

Top Bottom