• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

1stStrike

Banned
BlockBastard said:
Fuck!

My ISP is the most unreliable piece of shit company ever. I was stable for 24 hours and now my shit is all screwed up again.

ARGHHHHH

where the hell do you live? why can't you just swap to a new one? i'd be calling them constantly until they fixed the shit. just pester the fuck out of them.

todahawk

BlockBastard said:
Fuck!

My ISP is the most unreliable piece of shit company ever. I was stable for 24 hours and now my shit is all screwed up again.

ARGHHHHH
who you using?
Any lightning and I drop my business class DSL connection. It's generally fast and stable but doesn't hold up well in bad weather.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
greenjerk said:
who you using?
Any lightning and I drop my business class DSL connection. It's generally fast and stable but doesn't hold up well in bad weather.
This happens to me too. Colluding Canadian telco's for the lose

I'm also still getting PSN error 8002A548 now and then. So far tech support for my router has suggested a different ethernet cable. Hopefully 2.40 this week saves/fixes me.

I live in the Philippines (please don't stop playing MGO with me US GAF :D ) and I'm subscribed to the biggest internet service provider in the country. Seriously, what these guys get away with is freakin' ridiculous. I'm getting dropped out every 15 minutes and I'm downloading shit at 7, yes SEVEN kbps on my 5mbit connection.

I'm packing my shit and moving back to England in 2 months. Fuck this country and FUCK its shitty internet. Trash.

todahawk

Nozdeuce said:
This happens to me too. Colluding Canadian telco's for the lose

I'm also still getting PSN error 8002A548 now and then. So far tech support for my router has suggested a different ethernet cable. Hopefully 2.40 this week saves/fixes me.

ahh, nice. i have choices of the local baby Bell or the ridiculously overpriced cable. At least work is paying for it. :D

im starting to think that third person firing is wayyy to accurate, after mastering hawkeye and killing my K/d ratio by only using first person for aiming the past couple days. all i could think of would be making third person way more in accurate. or make the gun closer to the fucking screen so you can actually see what your shooting at.
either way it was fun last night Noz and jason and 1st weren't selling lube and just going to town.

Nozdeuce

Shinz Kicker said:
im starting to think that third person firing is wayyy to accurate, after mastering hawkeye and killing my K/d ratio by only using first person for aiming the past couple days. all i could think of would be making third person way more in accurate. or make the gun closer to the fucking screen so you can actually see what your shooting at.
either way it was fun last night Noz and jason and 1st weren't selling lube and just going to town.
I use 3rd person exclusively. I find it lets me get more insanely random/awesome headshots at point blank. Thing is all guns are accurate no matter what mode you're using, so the mode that obscures the screen less (especially since I do so much up close and personal pistoling work) is best.

Yeah, I only use first person with that 4000DP Assault rifle, but even then, I rarely use it. 3rd person aiming is just much, much more reliable.

todahawk

Shinz Kicker said:

i play sniper 90% of the time. I gave up on that shortly though. No where to sit back and snipe and even if i got a good view, everyone was bouncing and juking around like crazy.

FWIW Konami are evil bastards with their leveling system. You could seriously see some people in MGO that will never level up! They weren't shittin when they said MGS4 was a love letter from Kojima to the hardcore.

Nozdeuce

greenjerk said:
FWIW Konami are evil bastards with their leveling system. You could seriously see some people in MGO that will never level up! They weren't shittin when they said MGS4 was a love letter from Kojima to the hardcore.
I could totally level if I could screw around less, it's kinda painful that way. I hit level 3 on an almost daily basis :lol

todahawk

Nozdeuce said:
I could totally level if I could screw around less, it's kinda painful that way. I hit level 3 on an almost daily basis :lol
i know, if i automatch i rack up the points and level. When i play against certain fellow gaffers or try something new, i feel the pain.

have to admit, i learned a ton playing last night.

Nozdeuce

greenjerk said:
i know, if i automatch i rack up the points and level. When i play against certain fellow gaffers or try something new, i feel the pain.

have to admit, i learned a ton playing last night.
Like that I can be gentle sometimes?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
OatmealMu said:
Region: North America
Room: Rosemary
Server: NeoGAF:FrogUnit

No password unless I see a lot of Gaffers on. Removed Rescue missions because those seem to confuse the hell out of people. Not sure why.

rescue and base are the best missions (assuming you're playing with competent people).

alr1ghtstart said:
rescue and base are the best missions (assuming you're playing with competent people).

Agreed, though TDM with a really low ticket count is fun too. It forces everyone on the team to be really careful. Realized this when I was playing on a random server earlier with a low ticket count of 8(5v5), and everyone was really, really careful.

Facism

so are all the euro's moving to wasp unit? Not beena ble to play in the last 3 days because of other things.

:< :<

Indeed

Facism said:
so are all the euro's moving to wasp unit? Not beena ble to play in the last 3 days because of other things.

:< :<

5 members and counting.

Nozdeuce could you add the WaspUnit the the op?

Nozdeuce

OatmealMu said:

No password unless I see a lot of Gaffers on. Removed Rescue missions because those seem to confuse the hell out of people. Not sure why.
More people get on here. I need more targets for my Gun of MacGyver

Edit: As you command

Ilparazzo

Yo Kazenone, maybe you should stop downloading the naughty stuff while you're hosting a game, makes it hard to play you know, I kept getting the connection not stable message and finally decided to leave once i killed arch with a behind-the-wall headshot without even shooting, so yeah better check that out.

I just realized a few minutes ago that the outcry for region-free servers aren't there at all. Why aren't we demanding this feature? I'm gonna start sending Konami some emails later. :(

Nozdeuce

BlockBastard said:
I just realized a few minutes ago that the outcry for region-free servers aren't there at all. Why aren't we demanding this feature? I'm gonna start sending Konami some emails later. :(
There's been a few pretty long threads on the MGO community boards about it. But they seem to come and go.

todahawk

Nozdeuce said:
Like that I can be gentle sometimes?
Gentle? If you call tranqs over the GSR gentle, then YES.

As for accuracy, It just KILLS me (literally) when I move the right way, pick the right spot and get a great drop on someone and still die. MADDENING. X-(

OatmealMu

Okay, so I just saw a guy on the server I'm hosting hum to the music at the end of the round. Is this one of the things you can buy?

Nozdeuce

OatmealMu said:
Okay, so I just saw a guy on the server I'm hosting hum to the music at the end of the round. Is this one of the things you can buy?
you have to put in <SONG> I've never had it work, it might be keyboard only?

Bulla564

Banned
I haven't been this addicted to an online game since BF2, especially after my newfound love for for the locator grenades.

Playing bases in MM (my new favourite map for bases), I was alone getting to the base in the narrow hallway, when I threw a locator grenade and 4 joyful enemies showed up, running towards the base. Switched my SVD to 3rd person, and like cattle to the slaughter, one after the other got a HS. It reminded of the shooting the little ducks in the fair, except I didn't win a stuffed animal. I wish I knew what was going through the 4th guy's mind when he knew he was running towards his certain death.

I'm mostly Assault (pretty good sniper in MM) with Monomania and Narc maxed. Give me an MK17 and I can get by really well. Will be working on sub-machine because I love the scope for the P90.

Any room left in a US clan? This game is best when a good team gets together, and GAF would be the place for that.

Ephemeris

Nozdeuce said:
you have to put in <SONG> I've never had it work, it might be keyboard only?

I've done it with my controller. BTW, there seems to be two sets of those "< >" symbols. A friend of mine was using the wrong ones whenever he typed it. Just remember to use the ones moreso to the North =/

Btw, I tried to reply last night but I guess GAF was down and the message didn't go through. The PS3's been autobooting into MGS4 since release and I rarely visit the XMB because of it. I accepted your friend request and for the others feel free to add me: Ephemeris

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:
I've done it with my controller. BTW, there seems to be two sets of those "< >" symbols. A friend of mine was using the wrong ones whenever he typed it. Just remember to use the ones moreso to the North =/

Btw, I tried to reply last night but I guess GAF was down and the message didn't go through. The PS3's been autobooting into MGS4 since release and I rarely visit the XMB because of it. I accepted your friend request and for the others feel free to add me: Ephemeris
I've totally never manged to get it working :(

This is an acceptable cover story - you shall live.

Ephemeris

OatmealMu said:

Add a 10 min Sneaking Mission and I'll love you..

...forever.

Nozdeuce said:
I've totally never manged to get it working :(

This is an acceptable cover story - you shall live.

:lol You playing right now?

OatmealMu

Ephemeris said:
Add a 10 min Sneaking Mission and I'll love you..

...forever.

Might do sneaking missions only the next time I put it up. Gave Snake 5 lives the last time. He needs all the help he can get. :p

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:
I never seem to make the Photo-Ops o_O Make a game or join one and I'll meet up with you
NeoGAF in Mei Ling

Edit: You didn't miss anything with my pics :p
Boxing round the World
urban_ultimatum_1245.jpg
urban_ultimatum_3295.jpg

urban_ultimatum_5519.jpg
urban_ultimatum_7239.jpg

urban_ultimatum_13953.jpg
urban_ultimatum_9703.jpg

blood_bath_2559.jpg

1stStrike

Banned
i'll be on for a bit longer. oh and i somehow got rank 4 finally. i've been going to town with the tranq rifle. ups just delivered my mic but i'm letting it charge before i use it.

Facism

guess i'll jump in and apply to wasp unit. I'm sure Seiken doesn't mind, he wanted to pass on the ownership to someone else :p

Nozdeuce

greenjerk said:
Well who was that i saw you with last night?
Wasn't that you with the GSR AND the Mk 22... in the same match!?!?!
Holy shit that's awesome :lol

My problem there is I prefer the Operator to the GSR. Why have 8 bullets when you can limit yourself to 7?

Edit: I like how the server completely emptied as fast as it filled. Not a word and almost everyone was gone

todahawk

Nozdeuce said:
Holy shit that's awesome :lol

My problem there is I prefer the Operator to the GSR. Why have 8 bullets when you can limit yourself to 7?

Heh heh, i love photoshop.
I've been neglecting the handguns... prolly a better alternative in close than the sniper rifle I'm usually carrying.

Top Bottom