• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
greenjerk said:
Heh heh, i love photoshop.
I've been neglecting the handguns... prolly a better alternative in close than the sniper rifle I'm usually carrying.
the tranq pistol is a win win, since you can finish people with your sniper :lol

Indeed

Flek said:
we so need a emblem, even if its a "standard" one for the begining.

Id use some random one or just create some bullshit with the creator but you can only change your emblem once a week so id rather wait for alba's terrificness.

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:
Well I guess at least the Wasp unit is going to be populated by people that actually play the game, unlike the bee unit.

Indeed. Now we need to start climbing the ClanLadder. We are currently on Nr.1305!

Facism

we keep putting in performances like that Rescue game we just played, and we'll be top 50 again within the week.

I'm using Quarterback forever now. That team couldn't deal with the stun bombardments i was laying off. Great game. We lost that one round because we were messing about giving boosts and pullups :lol

Current setup:

Assault+ 1
Mover 1
Monomangina 2
Quarterback 1

Mover or whatever doesn't seem to lvl up after lvl 2if set at 1 :/

Ilparazzo

I don't think the actual performances have anything to do with the only rating system available yet which is the activeness ranking but that's good since the official matches must be coming any moment now and we have to get our shit together before they come.

I a bit sad that I am almost maxing out trickster and sixth sense, they saved my life lots of times especially in MM, but so is the life of a completionist, next up will most likely be quarterback and cqc.

todahawk

Nozdeuce said:
the tranq pistol is a win win, since you can finish people with your sniper :lol
That's what i was thinking... it would make a nice combo. I'm not gonna be on tonight. gotta get up early.. :(

OatmealMu

animatedkero_status.gif

Server: NeoGAF:FrogUnit | Room: ROSEMARY | Region: US

Facism

Indeed said:
So your ingame name is Live_Feed i guess ;).
And yes you were pretty insane on bb rescue.

aye i'm live_feed. Would love to get my username here changed so people know :p

Was just a good round for me :) I was implying frek, yourself and i :p

1stStrike

Banned
alright gaffers, i'm done for the day. i think yungmike and longmeat had enough of me tranqing them too lol. I had 5 people layed out on grosny grad all sleeping like a baby at one point.

Last night was a lot of fun, I will be on later.

The most amazing thing I saw was Jason/Ephemeris with a 60 something to 20 something kill/death ratio in UU. :lol

The poor red team, I had a friend join up he was on red during that match, he is new to the game, well he never wants to play again cause as he described it "playing MGO last night was like repeatedly getting kicked in the balls".

Nozdeuce

ilanna said:
I still haven't been accepted to NeoGAF Bee unit :(

<---- FoxAphrodite
Apply to WaspUnit for now

MiamiWesker said:

The most amazing thing I saw was Jason/Ephemeris with a 60 something to 20 something kill/death ratio in UU. :lol

The poor red team, I had a friend join up he was on red during that match, he is new to the game, well he never wants to play again cause as he described it "playing MGO last night was like repeatedly getting kicked in the balls".
Last night was good fun, Ephemeris was insane that round. It definitely didn't help I was tranq pistoling people :lol

1stStrike

Banned
MiamiWesker said:

Yea, don't let new guys play with gaffers. I still get pissed off sometimes. Me and Shin Kicker got our asses whooped by Guled and Noz earlier.

Then we fucked with noz a bit on grozny..lol poor guy :p

Zyzyxxz

which Unit is almost full? I wanna play with gaffers but the frogunit is too empty.

anyway add me guys!

region: West Coast NA
PSN: zyzyxxz
game ID: zyzyxxz

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
Yea, don't let new guys play with gaffers. I still get pissed off sometimes. Me and Shin Kicker got our asses whooped by Guled and Noz earlier.

Then we fucked with noz a bit on grozny..lol poor guy :p
Meh, I survived. Though you two capping at the same time was poor form.

Zyzyxxz said:
which Unit is almost full? I wanna play with gaffers but the frogunit is too empty.

anyway add me guys!

region: West Coast NA
PSN: zyzyxxz
game ID: zyzyxxz
Doesn't really make a difference which clan you're in. We all play on the same server/together.

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Meh, I survived. Though you two capping at the same time was poor form.

Doesn't really make a difference which clan you're in. We all play on the same server/together.

Hah, yea sorry. I couldn't resist a couple free wins. I think the best moment though was when you had us both knocked out and kept going back and forth..I managed to get away and shot you in the leg while you were hiding behind a truck..and then you take off and are about to own Shin and run into my SG mine. We were both rolling lol :)

Edit: I think I'm going to start hosting a dedicated server while I'm at work for you guys. It'll be the same as always (rosemary, neogaf, pass believe). Expect it to be up from 10 pm - 7 am PST sunday - thursday from now on.

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
Hah, yea sorry. I couldn't resist a couple free wins. I think the best moment though was when you had us both knocked out and kept going back and forth..I managed to get away and shot you in the leg while you were hiding behind a truck..and then you take off and are about to own Shin and run into my SG mine. We were both rolling lol :)
No worries, I can't always be the one doing the griefing. Though I certainly tried :D

OatmealMu said:
Yeah. Make a server, post the info here and the Gaffers will come. In other words: Make it and they will come.
And then wander around and do Box-like things.

1stStrike

Banned
I forgot I had to do laundry so I'm gonna hop on for about an hour or so longer before I take my nap. I'll make a game if I see enough people on.

Jesus, who thought it would be a good idea to destroy the best game mode in MGO with fucking ghost pranks? D;
It's so annoying and enabled in nearly every game. I just don't get the appeal of harassing other players in their game with this kind of shit. :I

AkuMifune

Banned
How insanely addicted to this game am I? I just created two alts! Like it's an MMO!

1 is basically for Rescue games, which are my favorite, but has been murdering my k/d ratio because I ignore getting shot and just go for winning. I already have the worst k/d ratio in the clan, I didn't want another thousand deaths on that account. :lol

I figured, what the hell? Seems like I'll be in this all summer, what else is there until Fallout? Not much for me.

Nozdeuce

jett said:
Why the fuck does MGO keep disconnecting me not only from the server, but from PSN as well?
You getting PSN error 8002A548 as well? I haven't been able to figure it out (poked around some online) but it seems to come and go.

I've been getting such stupid LAG for the last couple days, seriously, I'll see a dude empty half a clip in his head only to have him vanish and show up on the other side of the map, where it finally marks a head shot on him, only to have him kill me at the same time, then respawn and die again from the same dude before even selecting my weapon load out.

So, I've taken to just bullshiting around with the knife.

AkuMifune

Banned
1stStrike said:
I was having more fun with non-gaffers
Heretic! Actually, what we need is a day setup not to play eachother, but to team up together and take on all comers. Why wait for some organized tournament, let's just call out one of these other clans and have at it!

jett said:
Why the fuck does MGO keep disconnecting me not only from the server, but from PSN as well?

Welcome to the club. I haven't been able to connect since last night; can't get past the character select menu.

Flek

Banned
jett said:

well yeha happends to me to... a lot! But it depends on the host too :( Lets hope for the next ps3 firmware to "help" us ;)

Nozdeuce

Yay, my new rat title is a glitch

Please be informed that we have discovered a problem regarding the way the title "RAT" is awarded to players.
The number of times players fall for traps which is one of the criteria in obtaining this title is currently being miscounted thus making it easier for players to obtain it.
As a temporary measure, we will cease to count the number of times players fell for traps as of regular maintenance on 07/01/2008 and will subsequently announce a more permanent solution.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience and confusion caused.

Angry robot is happy again :D

1stStrike

Banned
AkuMifune said:
Heretic! Actually, what we need is a day setup not to play eachother, but to team up together and take on all comers. Why wait for some organized tournament, let's just call out one of these other clans and have at it!

Well, I went into that frogunit room and everyone on my team was some random i had never seen before..1 person besides me was even in the gaf clan and some guy was in a completely different clan (something with a shield). And everyone on the team sucked.

So, I left and ended up in a 4 vs 4 room where everyone had a mic, coordinated their movements and worked together. It was awesome. I wish I didn't have to leave to go to work.

There were some good games there.

Edit: And yea, I agree. We need to be playing other clans not each other on the weekends. Jason or Noz should shoot some clan leaders a mail and see if they'll accept a 6 vs 6 or something.

Edit Edit: If it makes you feel better, I don't have any disconnection or lag problems with MGO or the PSN!

..Please don't kill me :x

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
evolution said:
US west coast
main menu -> clan -> search clans -> gaf -> neogaf frogunit -> apply to clan

Include your GAF username in the application.

animatedkero_status.gif

So awesome :lol

Nozdeuce

Great games everyone, thanks for hosting us Oatmeal. You get to watch my quick weapon switching clinic on BB?

Nozdeuce

OatmealMu said:
I wasn't watching the games most of the time. :p
Too bad, you missed some great GSR->M4->knife->GSRing. I'm sure the other team wasn't so happy about it.

OatmealMu

What do you guys think about using images for server status? Nozdeuce would only need to edit the OP once. Just put two pictures in your image hosting account and rename the appropriate picture whenever you put a server up or take it down. This way we would only have to check the first post to see if any NeoGAF servers are up. Of course, this isn't automatic and would depend on the hosts, but it's not that hard. :p

Nozdeuce

OatmealMu said:
What do you guys think about using images for server status? Nozdeuce would only need to edit the OP once. Just put two pictures in your image hosting account and rename the appropriate picture whenever you put a server up or take it down. This way we would only have to check the first post to see if any NeoGAF servers are up. Of course, this isn't automatic and would depend on the hosts, but it's not that hard. :p
I'm intrigued. I'm also really really tired so uhh...what? I totally read my name in there.

Top Bottom