• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

OatmealMu

Nozdeuce said:
I'm intrigued. I'm also really really tired so uhh...what? I totally read my name in there.

Basically, you'd link to an image in the OP. It would be up to the server host to change the image depending whether the server they're hosting is up or not.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
OatmealMu said:
Basically, you'd link to an image in the OP. It would be up to the server host to change the image depending whether the server they're hosting is up or not.
Sounds good to me, especially since it's usually the same people hosting.

OatmealMu

Alright, just throw this at the top of the OP:

animatedkero_status.gif

I can make more for the other regular server hosts if anyone wants.

1stStrike

Banned
Oh..right. I forgot to setup a server before I left for work. Oh well, I'll remember tomorrow.

I'm pretty exhausted though, so I think I'm going to catch a nap here at work..zzzz

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
archnemesis said:
We're doing great. Unlike the other GAF clans we gained 500 places on the clan ranking list in less than a day. Did you apply yet?

No, do we have more than one leader?

*EDIT* Applied.

Facism

eurogaffers i'm going on right now. can't set a server up myself, will probably find some random scumhole to play in.

If one of you bloods decide to set a server up in the next 20 mins, message me <3

Nozdeuce said:
Hmm, that was unexpectedly fast. I'll be on soon :lol

Hmm, just noticed you're not on my friends list. Are you gonna create a GAF game or are you gonna join one?

edit: I'm an idiot, you ARE on my friendslist.

Nozdeuce

BlockBastard said:
Hmm, just noticed you're not on my friends list. Are you gonna create a GAF game or are you gonna join one?
When I do get on I'll just join one. My connection can be really unreliable.

Edit: I'm on MBK on Rosemary

Ephemeris

MiamiWesker said:
Last night was a lot of fun, I will be on later.

The most amazing thing I saw was Jason/Ephemeris with a 60 something to 20 something kill/death ratio in UU. :lol

The poor red team, I had a friend join up he was on red during that match, he is new to the game, well he never wants to play again cause as he described it "playing MGO last night was like repeatedly getting kicked in the balls".
big_boss_pose838.jpg

:lol Thanks. All jokes aside, other than the rarity of my being "in the zone", I attribute that to my teammates providing me with more than enough backup to get the job done.

OatmealMu said:
animatedkero_status.gif

Server: NeoGAF:FrogUnit | Room: ROSEMARY | Region: US
Very Awesome
Nozdeuce said:
When I do get on I'll just join one. My connection can be really unreliable.

Edit: I'm on MBK on Rosemary
See you guys in a few

Ephemeris

BlockBastard said:
As usual, my ISP is disconnecting me from the PSN again. It was fun while it lasted guys.
So that's why you left. Darn.

Nozdeuce said:
Yay, my new rat title is a glitch

I never got the title at all in the beta; makes sense now. I wish Eagle didn't seem to trump everything else. :/

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:
I never got the title at all in the beta; makes sense now. I wish Eagle didn't seem to trump everything else. :/
Yeah I never had it either, and now its fixed.

You sniping on MM was brutal. Most impressive. I like how I was like 3rd overall or something but was afk most of the time snacking :lol

Ilparazzo

McBradders said:
A hiding place, 3 magazines... patience... easy kills:lol

ChryZ said:
Not in case of ...

Deathfromabove.jpg

Everyone loves the way of the Blight :D

Greatly insane capture match just now indeed. 16 people in AA with no coordination whatsoever just going insane at one another, still managed to get 1st though (the craziest one won :lol )

I didn't even get to be Snake last night, I always ended up on the losing team. I dont mind being on the losing team just I would have liked the oppertunity to be Snake.

Still good games.

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:
Greatly insane capture match just now indeed. 16 people in AA with no coordination whatsoever just going insane at one another, still managed to get 1st though (the craziest one won :lol )

Yeah I just couldnt take it anymore. The fact that the vz 83 wasnt available, no nametags, no coordination and lag. Ill join another game soon. Just need to chill out a bit =)

Nozdeuce

MiamiWesker said:
I didn't even get to be Snake last night, I always ended up on the losing team. I dont mind being on the losing team just I would have liked the oppertunity to be Snake.

Still good games.
True story. Darkpen is playing right now

1stStrike

Banned
#jason: it's amazing how a coordinated team can change things so dramatically. You could be the best player in the world, but without a competent team to back you up you'll still get your asses handed to you.

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
#jason: it's amazing how a coordinated team can change things so dramatically. You could be the best player in the world, but without a competent team to back you up you'll still get your asses handed to you.
Teamwork is great, but as you've seen from me pistoling you it only takes 1 shot to send everything to hell. I think overall you put way too much stock into having a well oiled team. Me and Jason do amazing things together, but we do them separately and simply end up bumping into each other inside the enemy spawn. My favorite team is still an M4 and a GSR, and maybe a knife to stun someone while I speed around a corner.

Edit: Wesker can attest to the M4/GSR thing, I plowed through that team so many times on BB last night :lol

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Teamwork is great, but as you've seen from me pistoling you it only takes 1 shot to send everything to hell. I think overall you put way too much stock into having a well oiled team. Me and Jason do amazing things together, but we do them separately and simply end up bumping into each other inside the enemy spawn. My favorite team is still an M4 and a GSR, and maybe a knife to stun someone while I speed around a corner.

Edit: Wesker can attest to the M4/GSR thing, I plowed through that team so many times on BB last night :lol

Well, not everyone is good at everything like you and jason :p I am getting there though..I ran out of bullets the other day and insteald of reloading I just whipped out the GSR and headshotted the guy. I was just like..whoa, I pulled a noz!

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
Well, not everyone is good at everything like you and jason :p I am getting there though..I ran out of bullets the other day and insteald of reloading I just whipped out the GSR and headshotted the guy. I was just like..whoa, I pulled a noz!
:lol Nice, very well played. I find unless you have a Jason, or a Wesker, or someone else who can completely carry the team on their own then friendlies are mostly a distraction to allow you to roll everyone yourself. I do suggest working on pistoling skills, the GSR, Operator and Tranq gun are all very effective. Even more so if you can conserve a bit of primary ammo so when the enemy stops shooting you spray a bit and he rolls. Someone coming out of a roll is a prime candidate for a GSR round to the head.

Flo_Evans

Ahh good games last night. I sort of gave up leveling useless skills I don't even want to use and concentrated on being bad ass. (Watching Rambo earlier pumped me up! :lol )

Also I tried not to engage known bad ass players as much, I sort of have the problem where if someone kills me (wesker) I try and track that person down to repay the favor even though they are clearly better than me :(

Lastly I tried using the e-locater grenades and damn. Those things are AWESOME. Way more useful then regaler grenades (although I love using them if I know someone is hiding around the corner) and they help the team out so much. One match on Ambush Alley I just kept running back to the spawn point getting more and throwing them out everywhere. They seem most effective there where it is dark and lots of hiding places.

Top Bottom