• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Do people seriously not get why an enemy would be seemingly shooting at nothing during a sneaking mode round? Holy fuck people can be dense.

Nozdeuce said:
Do people seriously not get why an enemy would be seemingly shooting at nothing during a sneaking mode round? Holy fuck people can be dense.

GREATEST ROUND(S) EVER. Seriously.. it was funny watching from perpective. MemoryCell FTW.

GG though, you're really good with handling the pistol.

Ilparazzo

Nozdeuce said:

Agreed, I played a game once where I was shooting at the place where the snake farts were coming and this teammate was just looking at me then snake headshotted me with the nagant and that ass just went "huh?" and picked me up, end result : 2 guys sleeping in the ground and a snake going "I won!".

EDIT: Damn it indeed! You're catching up to me fast, I remember when you had only a 1000 kills and now in the same time it took me to get 300 kills you got 500, you'll be first in no time if this keeps going on.

evolution

Played a couple games with some of you earlier. I must say nozduece was pretty good with the pistol. My name is swiftmotionz in MGO btw

Nozdeuce

You two should apply to the gaf clans, didn't realize you were fellow gaffers

Ephemeris

Had to literally run out of the house earlier. Great games as always. Couple of mentions:

1stStrike: You've gotten alot better since we last fought. Playing with you has been smooth sailing as always but against you was very troublesome at times. :lol

I agree that sometimes a bad team will bring you down. While in one of the Sneaking Missions games my team seemed to be a little clueless at times and I'd try to rescue them; but with a rabid Noz and Freeman running around with MURDER in their eyes, well.. it didn't go well.

I love Sneaking Missions. :D l Had some pretty close calls while playing against you guys earlier. But nothing beats winning while surrounded by a ton of foes ;)

Noz is using head-seeking bullets in his pistols. I am QUITE SURE of it.:lol

Nozdeuce said:
You two should apply to the gaf clans, didn't realize you were fellow gaffers
Agreed. Apply to the Frog Unit a.s.a.p

Nozdeuce said:
Teamwork is great, but as you've seen from me pistoling you it only takes 1 shot to send everything to hell. I think overall you put way too much stock into having a well oiled team. Me and Jason do amazing things together, but we do them separately and simply end up bumping into each other inside the enemy spawn. My favorite team is still an M4 and a GSR, and maybe a knife to stun someone while I speed around a corner.

Edit: Wesker can attest to the M4/GSR thing, I plowed through that team so many times on BB last night :lol

:lol

I felt kind of insulted that we were being destroyed by a pistol. When I play games I get all into it so I was almost yelling at my screen, "why is this person killing me with a damn pistol!!" (well said it in my head cause it was late and people are sleeping, why I dont have headset on most of the time). Then I see my whole team get wasted and I am like "its a guy with a pistol!! Why cant we kill him!" So I got more angry and played more sloppy, I just wanted to find you. :lol

Clearly I underestimated the GSR.

OatmealMu

Man, that was almost the fastest SNE mission I've ever seen. Snake holed himself up near the skywalk at Groz. Put a magazine at each entrance. Had 2 tags within the first minute or so then Freeman came along and ruined his day.

Nozdeuce said:

Sneaking missions get me so upset at times. When I am not Snake, I want snake to lose, no matter what. That is my ultimate goal and I would put that ahead of getting more kills. When Snake is not around I play it like deathmatch but when someone is stunned or a dog tag shows up I go into full kill Snake mode. I will hunt him down, I cant stand it when I spot him, get ready to shoot at him and then, bam I am shot by the opposing team, and they run somewhere else. Did he not see me aiming at something, go after Snake. I would join forces with the other team if we kill Snake, I dont mind. Or even worse, when you get knocked out by snake, you show up on the radar for your teamates to see, there is a teamate near you and they just completely ignore it and go off somewhere else.

When you play sneaking mission pay attention to the radar, pay attention to the sound of a dog tag, remember guys Snake is the mission.

1stStrike

Banned
Ephemeris said:
Had to literally run out of the house earlier. Great games as always. Couple of mentions:

1stStrike: You've gotten alot better since we last fought. Playing with you has been smooth sailing as always but against you was very troublesome at times. :lol

I agree that sometimes a bad team will bring you down. While in one of the Sneaking Missions games my team seemed to be a little clueless at times and I'd try to rescue them; but with a rabid Noz and Freeman running around with MURDER in their eyes, well.. it didn't go well.

I love Sneaking Missions. :D l Had some pretty close calls while playing against you guys earlier. But nothing beats winning while surrounded by a ton of foes ;)

Agreed. Apply to the Frog Unit a.s.a.p

Thanks, I've kind of had to..though, for some reason I was spot on with my headshots in that last game we played together and ended up #1 with like 204 points. Then, next map comes and I can't headshot shit (though I think it was due to the host as I noticed all kinds of lagging going on).

I hate clueless teams..you know, a guy on your team drops behind the enemy and you're like, "sweet backup!" and they empty an entire clip, don't hit them once and you both die. It's just like...what the fuck are you aiming at?! The worst thing for me though is when a teammate runs right in FRONT of me while I'm shooting at someone, a bullet hits them and I'm safety locked and can't do shit. Idiiiiiots

And yes, sneaking is the best. That one round where I was snake in MM was kinda funny/crappy though today lol. I kept spawning next to the blue teams spawn and all you guys were battling it up there so I had no way to sneak past. So, I just tranq'd the shit out of everyone. lol I was so close to winning but I'd get to my last dog tag and someone would SPAWN and kill me. Stupid :p

And yes, agreed on the Noz head-seeking bullets. Though, I did fuck him up pretty decently today.

Teknoman

MiamiWesker said:
Sneaking missions get me so upset at times. When I am not Snake, I want snake to lose, no matter what. That is my ultimate goal and I would put that ahead of getting more kills. When Snake is not around I play it like deathmatch but when someone is stunned or a dog tag shows up I go into full kill Snake mode. I will hunt him down, I cant stand it when I spot him, get ready to shoot at him and then, bam I am shot by the opposing team, and they run somewhere else. Did he not see me aiming at something, go after Snake. I would join forces with the other team if we kill Snake, I dont mind. Or even worse, when you get knocked out by snake, you show up on the radar for your teamates to see, there is a teamate near you and they just completely ignore it and go off somewhere else.

When you play sneaking mission pay attention to the radar, pay attention to the sound of a dog tag, remember guys Snake is the mission.

That and pay attention to squiggly lines around your teammates icons. It means they are stunned or sleep. Go help em out.

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:
EDIT: Damn it indeed! You're catching up to me fast, I remember when you had only a 1000 kills and now in the same time it took me to get 300 kills you got 500, you'll be first in no time if this keeps going on.

While my killcount my be increasing my skills are decreasing.
Seriously getting SMGs to level 3 is destroying my stats :S

Anyway the WaspUnit is growing. Where is Alba =/?

Ephemeris

MiamiWesker said:

Teknoman said:
That and pay attention to squiggly lines around your teammates icons. It means they are stunned or sleep. Go help em out.

NO! DO NOT FOLLOW THIS ADVICE. :|
You guys are gonna make playing as Snake even harder for me aren't you :lol Just kidding of course. This is pretty much how I play when I'm not Snake. Though sometimes, I'd try to kill the guy who's about to kill Snake so my team could win lol. However, nothing upsets me more than getting killed in the act of slaying Snake, only for my attacker to fall prey to Snake and game over.
Oh, the rage in my heart when that happens.

1stStrike said:
And yes, sneaking is the best. That one round where I was snake in MM was kinda funny/crappy though today lol. I kept spawning next to the blue teams spawn and all you guys were battling it up there so I had no way to sneak past. So, I just tranq'd the shit out of everyone. lol I was so close to winning but I'd get to my last dog tag and someone would SPAWN and kill me. Stupid :p

I wanted to get you soo bad in that match. I knew where you were, but the blue-team seemed absolutely CLUELESS at times. You were dropping them like flies back there and they kept rushing towards me/red. Though, I did enjoy picking them out when they were sound asleep... though that probably annoyed you :p

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:

It was funny when that guy playing snake tranq'd you twice in a row and I had to pistol him then wake you both times :lol More on me and my pistols after..

MiamiWesker said:
I felt kind of insulted that we were being destroyed by a pistol. When I play games I get all into it so I was almost yelling at my screen, "why is this person killing me with a damn pistol!!" (well said it in my head cause it was late and people are sleeping, why I dont have headset on most of the time). Then I see my whole team get wasted and I am like "its a guy with a pistol!! Why cant we kill him!" So I got more angry and played more sloppy, I just wanted to find you. :lol

Clearly I underestimated the GSR.
<3 I can't put it down to anything but being "in the zone". Everything was just clicking so right for me, GSRing people then switching to M4 or even the knife and getting a stun off. One thing I've found is if you eat a headshot and you get stunned a sec, it works a lot better if you switch to a handgun and persue your aggressor. Got people a bunch of times like that last night, was amazingly clutch.

I'm just as bothered by me rolling a whole team with a handgun as you guys are. I'm ending up playing better with pistols than I am with anything else =/ I do find that the rapi and constant movement associated with using handguns is really really effective and provides a huge advantage
MiamiWesker said:

This is the exact situation I'm talking about. Earlier on AA I found Snake and was shooting at him
/the wall/the floor
so then 1stStrike comes up behind me, wastes me and moves on. For someone dropping clueless and idiot teammates all the time, I don't make a habit of shooting at nothing

Edit: I really need to get a usb keyboard so I can bitch people out ingame better
and more publicly than with a mic

1stStrike

Banned
Ephemeris I wanted to get you [B said:
soo bad [/B]in that match. I knew where you were, but the blue-team seemed absolutely CLUELESS at times. You were dropping them like flies back there and they kept rushing towards me/red. Though, I did enjoy picking them out when they were sound asleep... though that probably annoyed you :p

lol yea, i had no chance to really get dog tags..and the stupid game kept spawning me in the same spot. I may have lost as snake but I came in #2 in the game thanks to all the rampant tranqing.

Off topic: I hope my laundry gets done so I can get over to the bank before it closes..I need monies and food. My debit card expired and my bank never sent me a new one so I have to wait another week or so until it gets here ;_;

I have canned soup, ramen, popsicles and dry cereal left.

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
This is the exact situation I'm talking about. Earlier on AA I found Snake and was shooting at him
/the wall/the floor
so then 1stStrike comes up behind me, wastes me and moves on. For someone dropping clueless and idiot teammates all the time, I don't make a habit of shooting at nothing

Edit: I really need to get a usb keyboard so I can bitch people out ingame better
and more publicly than with a mic

Yea, but if I kill snake then the game ends. I'd rather get a kill on you and keep the game going (especially when I play like I was earlier)

Though, I don't remember seeing you shooting at nothing at any point..maybe you were reloading or something but if I had saw you shooting at the floor I would've been like "Oh, snake's there" and then still killed you anyway :p

Nozdeuce

I'll cut you, ese

Edit: By the end of that sneaking game on BB I was kind of feeling bad for Wesker and crew :( I got into the game a bit late and he already had a pretty big lead on me. Then we both kept going strong and he was able to maintain a 15 kill lead for like 2 rounds, then I finally zoomed ahead and ended like +20 on him while he fell to 1:1'ish :( <3

deepbrown

Hey all. I'm back :D

GronznyjGrad.jpg

I'm in the Euro clan, so thanks for to the leader for accepting me :D

ps. Photobucket's alright right?

Nozdeuce said:
I'll cut you, ese

Edit: By the end of that sneaking game on BB I was kind of feeling bad for Wesker and crew :( I got into the game a bit late and he already had a pretty big lead on me. Then we both kept going strong and he was able to maintain a 15 kill lead for like 2 rounds, then I finally zoomed ahead and ended like +20 on him while he fell to 1:1'ish :( <3

Thanks for the memories. I was the king of the match until you showed up. :p

Nozdeuce

MiamiWesker said:
Thanks for the memories. I was the king of the match until you showed up. :p
Well since the powers that be don't like me and Ephemeris/Jason teaming up, I totally choose you :D

OatmealMu

I'm thinking about mixing in another game type every few rounds. Any suggestions outside of deathmatch/team deathmatch? Also considering lowering Snake's lives to 3.

Nozdeuce

OatmealMu said:
I'm thinking about mixing in another game type every few rounds. Any suggestions outside of deathmatch/team deathmatch? Also considering lowering Snake's lives to 3.
Base please, but not at the same map as whatever sneak came before it.

Nozdeuce

Teknoman said:
>_< Drebin points, turn em on.

Base too.
Suggest DPs at your own risk. See: Ephemeris/Jason with grenade launchers, RPGs or M14.

Also we need you playing more Tekno, today we finally had Darkpen playing, and Wesker and Mickey have been playing a lot more recently too. Almost have the whole beta team back together
with me suddenly stepping up and joining in
but it could use more Tekno :D

Ephemeris

OatmealMu said:
Yes. And Drebin Points are disabled for SNE missions. Not sure why but there you go.
Cause Rocket Launchers + Snake = ouch.

Nozdeuce said:
It was funny when that guy playing snake tranq'd you twice in a row and I had to pistol him then wake you both times :lol More on me and my pistols after..

Yeah. That was hilarious, even to me :lol

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
OatmealMu said:

ugh, DM is terrible. Mix it up with Capture (or Rescue)/Base/TDM/Sneak. That ALL Sneak game last night got tiring really fast.

Teknoman

Nozdeuce said:
Suggest DPs at your own risk. See: Ephemeris/Jason with grenade launchers, RPGs or M14.

Also we need you playing more Tekno, today we finally had Darkpen playing, and Wesker and Mickey have been playing a lot more recently too. Almost have the whole beta team back together
with me suddenly stepping up and joining in
but it could use more Tekno :D

"Roger"

OatmealMu

alr1ghtstart said:
ugh, DM is terrible. Mix it up with Capture (or Rescue)/Base/TDM/Sneak. That ALL Sneak game last night got tiring really fast.

I mean I'm NOT doing DM/TDM. That's basically what SNE is with the addition of Snake.

we should roll a completely non-lethal (weapons restricted, not just by honor). it was great not having any one spray automatic rounds all over the place for headshots. everythings was a tranq to the had and then had to stun knife them to get the kill. magazines and sg mines. jason played a round with me and guled in a server. great fun for a couple of hours.

alba

Little is the new Big
Indeed said:
While my killcount my be increasing my skills are decreasing.
Seriously getting SMGs to level 3 is destroying my stats :S

Anyway the WaspUnit is growing. Where is Alba =/?

I'm here, invite me (sorry been away for a couple of days)

EDIT: Could you give me emblem rights too? :)

Nozdeuce said:
That was fun(mostly) +rep to Wesker for a GSR kill on UU

I'm learning.

Good stuff guys, I hardly played Rescue so those maps + rescue was all new to me. Damn you guys and your Sonic the Hedgehog teamate, who was it Bruce, Brian, forget his name. That guy was a rocket.

alba

Little is the new Big
arg fuck i think i did it wrong, save as work in progress? i gave you back the rights, give it again, dunno what to do when i got it done lol :D

Teknoman

MiamiWesker said:
I'm learning.

Good stuff guys, I hardly played Rescue so those maps + rescue was all new to me. Damn you guys and your Sonic the Hedgehog teamate, who was it Bruce, Brian, forget his name. That guy was a rocket.

Running lvl 3?

OatmealMu

As long as you mention you're from NeoGAF, you should be accepted. Sending a bunch of Kirby ASCII art is also a good substitute apparently.

Top Bottom