• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Ilparazzo

Indeed said:
Probably, but now its shotgun/handguns/sixth sense and trickster time.

I've have said this once, I will say this again, shotguns are a deathtrap, prepare to get your stats utterly destroyed in the process of maxing it. I have spoken.

EDIT: NO!
Please be informed that during emergency maintenance on 04/07/2008, the following records will reset:

1) The number of times players fell for traps.
2) The title "RAT"
3) The records of players attaining the title "RAT"

In the meantime, we would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused.

I'll no longer be the champion at getting trapped! The horror!

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Ilparazzo said:
I've have said this once, I will say this again, shotguns are a deathtrap, prepare to get your stats utterly destroyed in the process of maxing it. I have spoken.

Bermuda Triangle dude. Bermuda Triangle.

Ilparazzo

McBradders said:
Bermuda Triangle dude. Bermuda Triangle.

HA! the shotguns can ruin even that my solid eye using, frog hat wearing cat friend, the enemy will be looking at the mag you go up to him shoot him square in the head, he will stagger you will press the trigger a thousand times the shotgun won't shoot he will look up and shoot you straight in the brain. Believe me I have a lot of practice with it, the only way a shotgun is good is either raise the skill to above 1 or buy a Saiga but the saiga is too expensive and if you die you're screwed to get another.

DunpealD

McBradders said:
:lol

I laugh but on a couple of maps it's probably totally worth it.

:lol

Nah any weapon is good in any map as long you assimilate your playstyle to the circumstances in which you are getting dropped.

Btw. any EU GAF games online? I'm still downloading the update but I think I'll drop by at MGO later on.

McBradders

Ilparazzo said:
HA! the shotguns can ruin even that my solid eye using, frog hat wearing cat friend, the enemy will be looking at the mag you go up to him shoot him square in the head, he will stagger you will press the trigger a thousand times the shotgun won't shoot he will look up and shoot you straight in the brain. Believe me I have a lot of practice with it, the only way a shotgun is good is either raise the skill to above 1 or buy a Saiga but the saiga is too expensive and if you die you're screwed to get another.

There was an FFA DM yesterday before someone, wisely, voted to skip it and I got my one and only kill using the shotty in the Bermuda Triangle. Shot one, on his ass. As he recovered I got shot two off.

It is a PITA, I agree, but doable, patience and camping is king :lol

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
BeautifulMemory said:
=(

Sorry. I hate to be the person who seems to be ruining the experience for other people
I'll cut you ese
you're fine, was just in a bad mood :)

Is anyone amazed
dissappointed
by how much trouble they're having changing basic player stat numbers to eliminate the rat title problem?

Ilparazzo

Maybe it's just my way of fighting that isn't adequate but I just can't do it, and camping just ain't my thing, I get bored and start doing stupid crap.

I might go play MGO in a while but I can't be sure, there is only one worthy TV in the house and it might be occupied, so I might be trying to finally get to the end of "the answer" (damn FES stealing my life)

hmm...holiday weekend, should we schedule another clan scrim?

If I can create the frog unit character, that would be awesome. I'd also like to see all PMCs from the single player.

Nozdeuce

WasabiKing said:
hmm...holiday weekend, should we schedule another clan scrim?

If I can create the frog unit character, that would be awesome. I'd also like to see all PMCs from the single player.
Definitely

NIN90

duckroll said:
Head's up, from this week's Famitsu:

July 4th:

New modes - Team Sneaking, Headshot kill

July 17th:

Bonus Pack (1200yen) - Johnny and Meryl playable, Female PMCs can be created, 3 new maps, Official Survival Battle can be played

Do I need a credit card to give Konami my money?

NIN90

Shinz Kicker said:
yes

around 10 dollars i think. 3 maps new character and game mode... not bad. not going to pay shit like this all the time tho.

GODDMANIT, fuck you Konami. Guys don't want my money.

McBradders

Ilparazzo said:
Maybe it's just my way of fighting that isn't adequate but I just can't do it, and camping just ain't my thing, I get bored and start doing stupid crap.

That's the beauty and the pain of this game though, aint it? Skills dictate playstyle for sure.

NIN90

McBradders said:
You can grab a pre-paid credit card from Wal-Mart and several other outlets, good sire. Fret ye not!

But not in europe, amirite?
And I doubt PSN prepaid cards would work with Konami's shitty ID system.

ooo. im in america i dont think we have PSN card here yet. i bet a psn card would work... i would better fucking hope it would though. if MGS5 does come out on PS3 since konami has this Id thing set it is plausible that MGO2 would carry all my shit over from current MGO. especially if its all graphically enchanced with 60fps.

Sallokin

Gah, work has been torture this week. Haven't had a chance to fire up MGO at all. I finally have a day off on Friday so I'll definitely be hopping on then.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
1stStrike said:
Yup. Tapping it brings up the xmb and holding it brings up the old menu.

Call me crazy, but it DOES NOT work. I always get the old menu screen when I'm in a game. I tap it correctly. What's going on here?

Ilparazzo

So, I have dedicated the usual place (ROSEMARY, Neogaf, no PW) for all your eurogaf playing needs, so remember kids play safe, use a condom.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
TTP said:
Call me crazy, but it DOES NOT work. I always get the old menu screen when I'm in a game. I tap it correctly. What's going on here?
I tried again and the same thing happened. In-Game XMB works in the menus and the lobby, it does not work while inside a server. 60GB U.S. launch unit here.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Killthee said:
I tried again and the same thing happened. In-Game XMB works in the menus and the lobby, it does not work while inside a server. 60GB U.S. launch unit here.

US code as well?

todahawk

i'm gonna try to be online tonight for some Hot MGO action... if i don't fall asleep on the way home. If not, I'll off tomorrow through the 7th and not going ANYWHERE. Hopefully my evenings will all be filled with MGO (and Diablo II replays).

Dave1988

duckroll said:
Head's up, from this week's Famitsu:

July 4th:

New modes - Team Sneaking, Headshot kill

July 17th:

Bonus Pack (1200yen) - Johnny and Meryl playable, Female PMCs can be created, 3 new maps, Official Survival Battle can be played

FUUUCK

I can't buy it even though I have the money because Konami forgot about Poland.

Thanks Konami :/

ChryZ

TTP said:
Just tried it. US 60GB (incl. EE+GS), PAL/EU MGS4: I got in-game XMB in lobby and in running/ongoing MGO game.

Teknoman

I knew it. I knew you'd be able to make a female PMC sooner or later. In the end credits of MGS4 they have female voices credited in the MGO section :D

Kazenone

If you read TTP's thread on the Gaming Forum;

In-game XMB will not work if you have a USB keyboard plugged into your PS3.

You can fix this by taking out the keyboard, and using the on-screen Keyboard (Select * 2)

Nozdeuce

Teknoman said:
I knew it. I knew you'd be able to make a female PMC sooner or later. In the end credits of MGS4 they have female voices credited in the MGO section :D
So you gonna get it cut off?

1stStrike

Banned
Yea, I have no issues bringing up the xmb during a match either. I was accepting friends requests during a match last night. Same thing as most others..60 gb US PS3.

I also just woke up so I should be on in a bit. 4 day weekend ftw!

since 2.40 is anyone else constantly getting signed off psn and booted out rooms? i've been kicked out 5 matches and knocked off psn twice :(

Top Bottom