• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Ilparazzo

bdizzle said:
since 2.40 is anyone else constantly getting signed off psn and booted out rooms? i've been kicked out 5 matches and knocked off psn twice :(

It has happened to me today, I was playing a sneaking mission as snake with our fellow eurogaffers and got booted from PSN, didn't spend that much time afterwards so don't know if it was a coincidence.

EDIT: It wasn't a coincidence, I just went to the TV and apparently It disconnected from the PSN sometime during the afternoon...
Someone could have warned me the room was gone, I know you were there at the time dhelfric, I saw NIN in the frozen image that said I was disconnected. In case none of you guys knew, every time I host a dedicated server if I'm about to kill it I say something about it in the match.

NIN90

Ilparazzo said:
It has happened to me today, I was playing a sneaking mission as snake with our fellow eurogaffers and got booted from PSN, didn't spend that much time afterwards so don't know if it was a coincidence.

EDIT: It wasn't a coincidence, I just went to the TV and apparently It disconnected from the PSN sometime during the afternoon...
Someone could have warned me the room was gone, I know you were there at the time dhelfric, I saw NIN in the frozen image that said I was disconnected. In case none of you guys knew, every time I host a dedicated server if I'm about to kill it I say something about it in the match.

Sorry, thought you closed the server by yourself.

Ilparazzo

dhelfric said:
Sorry, thought you closed the server by yourself.

What? Don't take me seriously man, I'm just a crazy person with too much time on his hands. I just don't understand why I was disconnected from the PSN twice in one day, since it never happened before and it makes me angry!

alba

Little is the new Big
I got a problem, I can't upload the emblem, i just have "Submit to leader" "Save as work in progress" "Save to harddrive" "Load from harddrive"

It shows in training mission but how the hell do I get to be taken as the "default" one? :|

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
alba said:
I got a problem, I can't upload the emblem, i just have "Submit to leader" "Save as work in progress" "Save to harddrive" "Load from harddrive"

It shows in training mission but how the hell do I get to be taken as the "default" one? :|

Submit to leader I guess

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
alba said:

If you have emblem editing rights, you submit it to leader, then he has to change it to yours

Indeed

alba said:

We have an emblem now!

Great job Alba! Thank you =)

alba

Little is the new Big
edit: nvm it's done :p

I'm still working it out a bit since it's not 100% perfect but it sucks we're kinda limited in the amount of colors we can use :D

Ephemeris

arg! I was on my way to winning that Sneaking Mission that shinz and 1st strike were in then I got booted. I COULD TASTE THE VICTORY. : (

yeah we were about to get fucked... you had 3 dogtags out in the open. i stopped playing since it kept saying you were in that room. im really starting to worry how much the ameican bonus package will be. 10 is too much for what they are offering 3 maps... and 2 models that are already made and have animations finished. unless they add more skills and weapons... i do not know what i will do ( probably succumb to whatever pricing :lol sigh)

Ephemeris

Shinz Kicker said:
yeah we were about to get fucked... you had 3 dogtags out in the open. i stopped playing since it kept saying you were in that room. im really starting to worry how much the ameican bonus package will be. 10 is too much for what they are offering 3 maps... and 2 models that are already made and have animations finished. unless they add more skills and weapons... i do not know what i will do ( probably succumb to whatever pricing :lol sigh)

$10 or so for this seems a lot better than the $7 they want for one extra character:lol

Shouta

Oh, you guys can boot my character from the main GAF clan for awhile. I had to get rid of my PS3 because i'm moving to Japan so I won't be playing this for awhile. My char name is Capt. Gotoh

Nozdeuce

Shouta said:
Oh, you guys can boot my character from the main GAF clan for awhile. I had to get rid of my PS3 because i'm moving to Japan so I won't be playing this for awhile. My char name is Capt. Gotoh
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(
Totally keeping you on as our honorary mod cheerleader/huge shotgun whore

Nozdeuce

Shinz Kicker said:
i think i have seen 6-10 members ever from fox-unit.
Pretty much, I'm surprised we (vanilla GAF) are still in the top 10.
We're 7th

Nice, that clan whose leader kept calling us out as we slipped down is now 6th. I'll take that as a victory :lol

Nozdeuce

Shouta said:
Mmmm, shotty whore. Too bad that new mod will make it impossible for Shotties!
Ugh, headshot mode is such a stupid idea. Especially since a majority of my kills and deaths are from headshots, which probably goes for many others too. At least in theory it should mean I get more kills though. Hopefully

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I got a 50' ethernet cable yesterday and finally dumped wifi for good on my PS3 :D

Anybody in the GAF server in Rosemary ("Don't forget to use SOP") noticing a difference?

Nozdeuce

Killthee said:
I got a 50' ethernet cable yesterday and finally dumped wifi for good on my PS3 :D

Anybody in the GAF server in Rosemary ("Don't forget to use SOP") noticing a difference?
I like it better now. I don't get my general PSN disconnect error as much.
Placebo ftw?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Nozdeuce said:
Placebo ftw?
It doesn't seem like it. When I was using wifi I was usually getting 40% "poor" connections, 40% "normal" connections, and 20% "good" connections when I was hosting. Today I've been getting ~80% "good" connections most of the time :D

Nozdeuce

Killthee said:
It doesn't seem like it. When I was using wifi I was usually getting 40% "poor" connections, 40% "normal" connections, and 20% "good" connections when I was hosting. Today I've been getting ~80% "good" connections most of the time :D
Sweet. I really just meant my disconnect issues come and go :(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
i have mixed feelings on the non-display of the enemy tag thing above their heads. i had many times tonight where I had teammates surrounding an enemy and couldn't even tell where the enemy was (their blue tags were all over the place). also, ambush alley (I think, the really dark stage) was a giant pain in the ass because you couldn't see anything. on the other hand, cardboard boxes and stealth is a hell of a lot more useful.

Flo_Evans

Server seemed fine to me on lag but I have never had the connection problems that seem to plague most people.

I am going back and forth between view speed 7-8 (for third person aiming) sometimes on 7 I can't keep up with a close target but 8 feels too spastic.

Nozdeuce

Shinz Kicker said:
NEO GAF Rosemary Password Believe.

Weapon is drebin but i messed with the restrictions a bit, lets se how it works.
You uppercase using son of a bitch

the password totally is not believe or even Believe

:lol

Nozdeuce

Shinz Kicker said:
the actual pass should be all lowercase... with small capitals. unless i did fuck it up and thats why noone is here
Either way I think you're way off :(

You around still Shinz? Wanna make it in Mei Ling or somewheres other than Otacon/Rose?

Kazenone

Sorry to bring this on you, but Wasps;

I was just in a game with a player called 'ANTONIO MONTANA', we were on Sneak mode and in U.U.

He was playing as Snake and spoke a couple of times, broken English mind you. He was doing pretty well, until I killed him as he was jumping down of a ledge and he became frustrated. I killed him twice more after this and started hurling obscenities ("bii,tch", "noob"). Constantly trying to vote to kick me, which didn't work. I replied with smiles and a few laughs afterward and continued playing.

At the end of the game he started calling me a glitcher and attempted to get me kicked the next round, which he did.

I went back in, and was kicked again so opted moving to another room. Fine.

I get a mail mid-round;

title: "LOL"
message: "i say u klan u glitcher and all ppl wiht klan bye noob"

Shall I just ignore it ? Reply? I hate stuff like this, ruins the experience and makes me feel bad :x

JB1981

Um ... can I play online if I can't remember what my Konami ID is? I also can't remember what my tag was from the beta ......

JB1981 said:
Um ... can I play online if I can't remember what my Konami ID is? I also can't remember what my tag was from the beta ......
All you need is your Game ID and your Game ID password. The characters from the beta are gone, so you need to create a new one.

Nozdeuce

JB1981 said:
If you were in the beta konami will have sent you a few emails containing all that info. You log into MGO using your gameid, then create a new character

OatmealMu

animatedkero_status.gif

Server: NeoGAF:FrogUnit | Room: ROSEMARY | Region: US

Nozdeuce

Well while I'm, destabbed then tranq'd I may as well complain about DPs here and now. Extra guns cool, destabs on small, low pop games = terrible. Also RPGs, and grenade launchers on Base are terrible. I've totally bitched, and even warned about this a few pages back even. I dunno what to suggest for banning guns though, it's a slippery slope. I don't want it ending up like a 1stStrike server with only sniper rifles or something.

Teknoman

Nozdeuce said:
Well while I'm, destabbed then tranq'd I may as well complain about DPs here and now. Extra guns cool, destabs on small, low pop games = terrible. Also RPGs, and grenade launchers on Base are terrible. I've totally bitched, and even warned about this a few pages back even. I dunno what to suggest for banning guns though, it's a slippery slope. I don't want it ending up like a 1stStrike server with only sniper rifles or something.

Personally I dont think launchers are that big of a deal, if you keep your distance, you should be ok. Then again I havent gone up against a launcher since beta.

Nozdeuce

Teknoman said:
Personally I dont think launchers are that big of a deal, if you keep your distance, you should be ok. Then again I havent gone up against a launcher since beta.
Launchers on base. I dislike them in general but only enough to bitch about them when it comes to using them on base

Edit: for when you read this 1stStrike, I shotgunned and tranq'd you because you totally killed that guy I was shooting at. Don't fuck with level 1 shotgun users, they go from 0 to ENRAGED quickly

server is back up with sne every otehr map and only one game per map then switch. i un restricted the ak. as far as non drebin go it was bad since all that was un restricted was svd and m8 lol. i dunno assaults just seem over powered to me than the other guns. maybe VZ should be only automatic weapon it has a small clip so spray doesn't work to well and and head shots are still head shots. i dunno.

but i wanna make the game fun for everyone so lemme know i can dedicated a server and do others things most days. if we can get a solid consensus on stuff i could keep a game open for days ( maybe).

Shouta

Nozdeuce said:
Edit: for when you read this 1stStrike, I shotgunned and tranq'd you because you totally killed that guy I was shooting at. Don't fuck with level 1 shotgun users, they go from 0 to ENRAGED quickly

Someone need a shotgun to the face!? Wherez!?

The last game I played before I returned the PS3 was one of those games I get kicked from because I take 6 guys really quickly with the shotgun. Man, does level 2 of it sure help. =x

LowParry

Holy shit. we're down to 7th now? Damn people. Let's start kickin in the play time or something. That's....depressing... :(

1stStrike

Banned
1. Why is the server open to all? We have plenty of gaffers for a good game without letting randoms in.

2. I won't be playing with beat or shin anymore. I can't stand them.

3. Where the fuck is the team work?!

Top Bottom