• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

for serious, what did i do. didnt mean to make anybody mad. server on rosemary will be dedicated till tomorrow with password this time. i dunno when ill wake up. Fun games tonight.

Whats wrong 1ststrike?

Anyway some good matches, I had my best Snake run ever. That first time I was Snake it was beautiful, got the three tags with practically no one seeing me, no deaths. The second time I messed around a bit but when it came under a minute I knew I had to act fast. I found two guys and slammed them down, got their tags, with 20 seconds left I was looking for one last guy, I think it was Shinz, slammed him with like 3 seconds, was about to pat him but time ran out. Damn.

Ephemeris

MiamiWesker said:
Whats wrong 1ststrike?

Anyway some good matches, I had my best Snake run ever. That first time I was Snake it was beautiful, got the three tags with practically no one seeing me, no deaths. The second time I messed around a bit but when it came under a minute I knew I had to act fast. I found two guys and slammed them down, got their tags, with 20 seconds left I was looking for one last guy, I think it was Shinz, slammed him with like 3 seconds, was about to pat him but time ran out. Damn.

I'll quote you:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" :lol

The closest snake game I've had in which I won.. was when I had 2/3 tags on 2/3 deaths, about to pick up the last one, and was SHOT about to pick it up.

My lifeless body fell on the last tag.. and I won. :D

Ephemeris

sorry for the Double Post, but I just played an interesting match against a player named "Knives". It was a Sneaking Mission, only him in the room and being he's level 7 with some impressive stats I figured I could use a challenge. 15 mins, Snake has 5 lives.

I spent like.. 10 minutes doing nothing. Snake wasn't attacking so I was pretty much scouting for him. with under 5 minutes to go, Snake kills me. After respawning I proceeded to kill him 3 times in a row, using my assault rifle as a sniper rifle in all 3 cases. Then I mow him down a fourth time and he proceeds to try and kick me.

Just me and him in the room so obviously that didn't work out. :lol

He puts me to sleep from halfway across the map, I wake up by the time he reaches me and... he (the host) ends the match. Normally I don't bitch about this stuff but come on! :lol

1stStrike said:
1. Why is the server open to all? We have plenty of gaffers for a good game without letting randoms in.

2. I won't be playing with beat or shin anymore. I can't stand them.

3. Where the fuck is the team work?!

What, why?

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Shouta said:
Someone need a shotgun to the face!? Wherez!?

The last game I played before I returned the PS3 was one of those games I get kicked from because I take 6 guys really quickly with the shotgun. Man, does level 2 of it sure help. =x
He totally jacked my kill. Soo jealous of your insane shotgun skills
really are insane.
For now I try to get by with tranq pistoling people then shotgunning them as they snore away, at least until I can afford to get slugs. Huge respect for your shotgunning ability.

WasabiKing said:
NeoGAF vs. Fox vs. Frog again? Hmm... what day is best, and what time? Saturday? Sunday?

Let me know...
Saturday same as last time sounds good, though I guess maybe 10am after the 4th of july isn't the best time? Would be cool if we could do two, with at least one in the evening/night.

Ephemeris said:
sorry for the Double Post, but I just played an interesting match against a player named "Knives". It was a Sneaking Mission, only him in the room and being he's level 7 with some impressive stats I figured I could use a challenge. 15 mins, Snake has 5 lives.

I spent like.. 10 minutes doing nothing. Snake wasn't attacking so I was pretty much scouting for him. with under 5 minutes to go, Snake kills me. After respawning I proceeded to kill him 3 times in a row, using my assault rifle as a sniper rifle in all 3 cases. Then I mow him down a fourth time and he proceeds to try and kick me.

Just me and him in the room so obviously that didn't work out. :lol

He puts me to sleep from halfway across the map, I wake up by the time he reaches me and... he (the host) ends the match. Normally I don't bitch about this stuff but come on! :lol
Definitely read this name before, either in this thread complaining about him or on the MGO community boards. Don't remember what the deal was but its sounding like hes chronic bad news.

Ilparazzo

Kazenone said:
Sorry to bring this on you, but Wasps;

I was just in a game with a player called 'ANTONIO MONTANA', we were on Sneak mode and in U.U.

He was playing as Snake and spoke a couple of times, broken English mind you. He was doing pretty well, until I killed him as he was jumping down of a ledge and he became frustrated. I killed him twice more after this and started hurling obscenities ("bii,tch", "noob"). Constantly trying to vote to kick me, which didn't work. I replied with smiles and a few laughs afterward and continued playing.

At the end of the game he started calling me a glitcher and attempted to get me kicked the next round, which he did.

I went back in, and was kicked again so opted moving to another room. Fine.

I get a mail mid-round;

title: "LOL"
message: "i say u klan u glitcher and all ppl wiht klan bye noob"

Shall I just ignore it ? Reply? I hate stuff like this, ruins the experience and makes me feel bad :x

Don't worry about that Kaze, there's all kinds of dumb people playing this game (like all games) but there are also some people that actually have more than one braincell and they know they shouldn't care about what idiots say.

More than once have I voted out of a match by people like that who can't stand the fact they just aren't good enough yet but some times there is someone there to talk the others out of it.

Indeed

Kazenone said:
Shall I just ignore it ? Reply? I hate stuff like this, ruins the experience and makes me feel bad :x

Ignore it. Im getting some strange Mails too =)

what.jpg

Ephemeris

Noz: Yeah, his name rings a bell. Not sure if he's 'Famous' or 'Infamous' if you get my drift. His stats are impressive but if that's the way he plays all the time...

"Join my Mach" :lol

BlockBastard: Had to bail out, it's 6am over here and I'm supposed to be very busy today. Pretty good Sneaking Mission; not sure how allowed me to win at the end though. Did no one see me at all? :lol

Nozdeuce

Hey everyone, was just checking the MGO community page and there is a new survey available. It's below "community" but above your name (fuck I hate that layout/entire site).

Hitup the appropriate link:
MGO community page - NA
MGO community page - EU
MGO community page - Japan

Edit: Such a weird ass survey..."When do you play MGO?"

Edit2: Well that survey was mostly useless for things we'd be interested in, mostly data collection. In a clan? Use an ethernet cable? Like having 18 IDs to play the game? Have a credit card?

Ephemeris said:
Noz: Yeah, his name rings a bell. Not sure if he's 'Famous' or 'Infamous' if you get my drift. His stats are impressive but if that's the way he plays all the time...

"Join my Mach" :lol

BlockBastard: Had to bail out, it's 6am over here and I'm supposed to be very busy today. Pretty good Sneaking Mission; not sure how allowed me to win at the end though. Did no one see me at all? :lol

Octocamo is a bitch. :<

edit: answered the survey. I hope enough people put down "PSN PrePaid card" in the "how do you pay for you online purchases?" question. I really, really need Konami to release the booster packs on the PSN or else I won't be able to get them.

Kazenone

Ilparazzo said:
Don't worry about that Kaze, there's all kinds of dumb people playing this game (like all games) but there are also some people that actually have more than one braincell and they know they shouldn't care about what idiots say.

More than once have I voted out of a match by people like that who can't stand the fact they just aren't good enough yet but some times there is someone there to talk the others out of it.

Ok :x

Question; Why have I 'de-leveled'? I was level 5 2 days ago, now I'm 4?

Ephemeris

Nozdeuce said:
Hey everyone, was just checking the MGO community page and there is a new survey available. It's below "community" but above your name (fuck I hate that layout/entire site).

Bah. I'm having login issues... again. Haven't been able to login for a while :|
Stealth Edit: And now I'm in. :/

BlockBastard said:
Octocamo is a bitch. :<
Btw, in both wins
I was using the tags as bait.
;)

Ephemeris said:
Bah. I'm having login issues... again. Haven't been able to login for a while :|
Stealth Edit: And now I'm in. :/

Btw, in both wins
I was using the tags as bait.
;)

I sorta knew you were, that's why I was scanning the area around the tags. :p

Indeed

Nozdeuce said:

Hitup the appropriate link:
MGO community page - NA
MGO community page - EU
MGO community page - Japan

I cant really find the survey but these "community threads" are bad enough.

sorry i ment ki11 kk wat happened was i had him or her in a cqc hold i hav lv3 anyway some how he ki11 me how can they do that it must be a glitch plz anwser thinks
im putin it down 1 more time

i have him in cqc hold n he ki11's me
if u want to send me a msg my psn id is ********

Nozdeuce

Indeed said:
I cant really find the survey but these "community threads" are bad enough.
Maybe it's NA only, its along that horrible bar with all the links, but on a 2nd row

Indeed

Nozdeuce said:
Maybe it's NA only, its along that horrible bar with all the links, but on a 2nd row

Now its there :O

I swear there was no survey button when i quoted that forumpost some minutes ago.

Nozdeuce

Indeed said:
Now its there :O

I swear there was no survey button when i quoted that forumpost some minutes ago.
Such a clusterfuck of a site I wouldn't be at all surprised if it magically vanished now and then for a bit. I don't think it could be anymore unintuitive.

Ephemeris

Took the survey. Ah, so everyone will get the Rat title removed I see. Well that's all fine and dandy but where's my Snake! >_>

I'm sure Noz must have mentioned this somewhere but 1 and 2 are news to me:

The following changes were also made:
1) Players who graduate from being beginners will be notified by GM's.
2) New instructors will be sent links to the Instructor's manual also by GM's.
3) The number of times a player falls for traps are no longer counted.

BlockBastard said:
I sorta knew you were, that's why I was scanning the area around the tags. :p
Yeah. You were definitely the most troublesome one on the map. :p

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:
Took the survey. Ah, so everyone will get the Rat title removed I see. Well that's all fine and dandy but where's my Snake! >_>

I'm sure Noz must have mentioned this somewhere but 1 and 2 are news to me:
The following changes were also made:
1) Players who graduate from being beginners will be notified by GM's.
2) New instructors will be sent links to the Instructor's manual also by GM's.
3) The number of times a player falls for traps are no longer counted.
Those are new to me. I guess #1 is just when you hit your 20 hours or whatever req you get an auto-mail saying you can no longer play with the kids? 2 I find more interesting, there was some news/rumor/speculation floating around the MGO boards that NA would be granted it's first instructors this friday.

#3 is the worst, that's really the best solution they could come up with after trying to fix it once already this week? I fear for our continued existence.

Ilparazzo

McBradders said:
I got those exact same mails.

WaspUnit: Serious fucking business.

I actually played with that guy the day he made his clan, he wouldn't shut up about it during the match, both through the headset and the keyboard, but he never sent me a mail to join his clan... My ego has been shot to hell.

Update: Problems regarding Titles said:
Please be informed that during emergency maintenance on 04/07/2008, the following records will reset:

1) The number of times players fell for traps.
2) The title "RAT"
3) The records of players attaining the title "RAT"

In the meantime, we would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Well, this explains alot, I was finding it really strange how I had fallen for 90+ traps oO. Hopefully my Eagle title will be restored.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Ilparazzo said:
I actually played with that guy the day he made his clan, he wouldn't shut up about it during the match, both through the headset and the keyboard, but he never sent me a mail to join his clan... My ego has been shot to hell.

I wonder if he was a victim of the bermuda triangle? :O

"Say buddy, I like your style!"

Ilparazzo

McBradders said:
I wonder if he was a victim of the bermuda triangle? :O

"Say buddy, I like your style!"

Everyone was a victim of the triangle at some point :D

I played this guy yesterday in Grozny where he was behind a container with only one way to get out, and he saw me put up a mag, i ran back and put another one on the corner so he shot up my mag and started going round the corner thinking I was screwed only to get a second helping of scantily dressed ladies and a salute followed with a shot to the face, god I love it when a plan comes together.

And those rescue mission-ending SG mines are awesome no one ever knows where they might be just wait for the last minute and you hear them all go "POOF" and everyone is sleeping on the floor.

I'll miss my triangle making days, maxed trickster yesterday now going back to my "run up to them and kick their ass" techniques

Ilparazzo said:
maxed trickster

does trickster level up when you lay something down, or do you have to hit someone.

QB was just spamming shit till you mastered. ill just throw mags everywhere from now on. SG mines are great.

1stStrike

Banned
I'm pretty sure I'm never going to get to play as snake again. Because every time I join a sneaking game I end up on the retard team that gets owned the whole match (i.e. 3/4 of my team has 0 points and is the bottom ranked).

Someone out there hates me. In fact, I'm going to play some single player now just so I can play as snake. Jesus.

Also, I got that 800 error everyone else has been complaining about. And shortly before that MGO crashed and kicked me back to the XMB.

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
Also, I got that 800 error everyone else has been complaining about. And shortly before that MGO crashed and kicked me back to the XMB.
where's your bragging now?

The booting to XMB is weird, I only had it happen the once. Others though have had it permanently.

I've already maxed Assault, Sniper and I'm THIS close to maxing out CQC. I'd love to max-out blade, but getting knife kills are too damn hard. Ah well, I'll probably stick with level 3 CQC and Level 1 assault for awhile.

Nozdeuce

BlockBastard said:
I've already maxed Assault, Sniper and I'm THIS close to maxing out CQC. I'd love to max-out blade, but getting knife kills are too damn hard. Ah well, I'll probably stick with level 3 CQC and Level 1 assault for awhile.
Just hide behind corners and stun people, then kill them if it's all clear. Stairs are a surprisingly good stun spot, people seem to have a real issue with movement/evasion/countering while on stairs. Also if you're doing CQC have the knife skill on you so after you choke someone out you can stab em for free skill xp. Are you good with the tranq pistol? Getting the drop on people and sleeping them then getting your OJ on works too!

the whole level up system is akward. i wonder (pretty sure) the game registers every knife slice as xp as well as kills. if you do your kinfe combo ill bet you will level up faster. just saying. plus if want ill host a knife gaf server for tranqs and knifes. train a bit.

is there a list of everyones PSN names, because xmb messaging is a lot faster.

Nozdeuce

Shinz Kicker said:
the whole level up system is akward. i wonder (pretty sure) the game registers every knife slice as xp as well as kills. if you do your kinfe combo ill bet you will level up faster. just saying. plus if want ill host a knife gaf server for tranqs and knifes. train a bit.

is there a list of everyones PSN names, because xmb messaging is a lot faster.
There's this list broken down by region

It goes GAF/PSN/Game ID

Nozdeuce said:
Just hide behind corners and stun people, then kill them if it's all clear. Stairs are a surprisingly good stun spot, people seem to have a real issue with movement/evasion/countering while on stairs. Also if you're doing CQC have the knife skill on you so after you choke someone out you can stab em for free skill xp. Are you good with the tranq pistol? Getting the drop on people and sleeping them then getting your OJ on works too!

Yeah, that's what I try to do, but midtown maelstrom is the only map where that strategy is viable for me. Slitting peoples throats looks so awesome, but the price of it is too high, imo. IIRC, slitting throats requires CQC 1 and Blade 3. How some people got the throat-slit 2 days after the launch of the game boggles my mind.

And no, I'm horrible with the tranquilizer pistol, but I'm pretty decent with the m.nagant. I just hate it when I knock people out in objective based games only to have a teammate kill them. I guess some people don't realize that leaving enemies stunned is actually a really effective strategy in objective based games. :<

WasabiKing said:
son of a bitch, hope they don't trash the skills, I just got CQC3

I'll be joining you soon! How strong is the throw-down grab once you've mastered CQC? I've heard someone say that all it takes is a single judo slam followed by a roll over to stun someone once you've maxed CQC out, but I find that pretty hard to believe - sounds too powerful.

Nozdeuce

BlockBastard said:
I'll be joining you soon! How strong is the throw-down grab once you've mastered CQC? I've heard someone say that all it takes is a single judo slam followed by a roll over to stun someone once you've maxed CQC out, but I find that pretty hard to believe - sounds too powerful.
That sounds about right, I never think to roll at people though :(

BlockBastard said:
probably the case, no one ran towards my direction after I got it, and I had to get back to one of my projects.

1stStrike

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Stairs are a surprisingly good stun spot, people seem to have a real issue with movement/evasion/countering while on stairs.

That's because the camera is so horrible in close quarters. I've died so many times because I try to shoot someone and I end up facing the wall or I can't shoot because I'm too close to the rail or the camera is just doing some crazy shit. It's annoying.

The MGO community still doesn't work for me....
It has been weeks. It doesn't work on either IE or Firefox.

P.S.: Sorry to all in the BeeUnit that I haven't been on over the past week, crazy time party-wise and I got burned out on being pwned.

Zeouterlimits said:
P.S.: Sorry to all in the BeeUnit that I haven't been on over the past week, crazy time party-wise and I got burned out on being pwned.
BeeUnit is dead. Apply to the WaspUnit instead. All the cool kids do it.

BlockBastard said:
And no, I'm horrible with the tranquilizer pistol, but I'm pretty decent with the m.nagant. I just hate it when I knock people out in objective based games only to have a teammate kill them. I guess some people don't realize that leaving enemies stunned is actually a really effective strategy in objective based games. :<

What I hate the most is when you put up an SOP destab and your team decides to kill everyone. The whole point of that is to have them stunned so you can grab bases, if you kill them they respawn. Arghh!!

1stStrike

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
What I hate the most is when you put up an SOP destab and your team decides to kill everyone. The whole point of that is to have them stunned so you can grab bases, if you kill them they respawn. Arghh!!

This is why, in theory, playing with the clan should be different cause everyone knows this stuff. However, it usually is about the same. No mics, very little communication of any sort, teamwork just isn't there for most people. Some people are good about it (Jason uses the codec stuff all the time even without his mic on). Most aren't.

Like, yesterday, when were playing on MM. There were a few snipers camping and all we needed to do was have one or two people keep them distracted while one or two people snuck around the other side and took them out..but everyone just charged straight in and kept dying. I kept trying to get around but it was pretty futile by myself when no one was working with me. And those of us with mics generally get ignored when we call targets anyway.

*grumbles*

1stStrike

Banned
WasabiKing said:
you know when you take shit so seriously, people are LESS likely to want to play with you

That's fine. I'm really not interested in playing with anyone that can't work together in a team based game. They have a mode for solo players. It's called deathmatch.

Top Bottom