• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Ilparazzo said:
Damn DLC, taking it's time to get here... Take a plane goddamnit!!
Interestingly enough, the DLC goes up the last day of E3...maybe more info about more stuff down the line?

1stStrike

Banned
Ugh, well there's no way I'm going to be able to keep up with these kids that are off school for the summer and will be playing MGO for 14 hours a day over the next 2 months. Goodbye rank 1..you will be missed.

Ilparazzo

I'm hoping for a teddybear backpack or a lollipop now that would instill fear on your opponents.

"Who did this to you man?? What sort of a monster could do this?"
"He.. had.. a teddybear... on his back... and he... after he killed my unit... he... a lollipop... unghh..."
"Jack, JAAAAACK!!! Wait... what?"

And while they're confused, POW right in the kisser!

Ephemeris

McBradders said:
I'm hoping for some fancier hats.
Hats? No my friends. Gimme a pair of these babies :
mgs4-ss12.jpg

Rockets come separately via DP.

And yes I'm just kidding :p I'll personally settle for an eyepatch or that coat the bosses
(Liquid, Big Boss, Gene)
love to wear :lol

Ephemeris

Shinz Kicker said:
looking for job, and trying to juggle MGO and Diablo II is going to be hard. i will be playing less for a little bit here guys.

Do what you have to bro.

Drop Diablo. : D

1ststrike is 100% correct about Team Sneaking sucking with ENVG and I join his movement to get rid of them. Last night I did almost nothing but be on the sneaking team, its like two different games when they get the ENVG or your team gets it. And its not like its in a fair spot, no sometimes the ENVG spawns next to the enemy base like 3/4ths of the time. When they have it you better run full speed at the goal and hope they miss you cause hiding is pointless. Blah, that was not fun. Feels very unbalanced. I still perfer regular Sneaking by far.

todahawk

MiamiWesker said:
1ststrike is 100% correct about Team Sneaking sucking with ENVG and I join his movement to get rid of them. Last night I did almost nothing but be on the sneaking team, its like two different games when they get the ENVG or your team gets it. And its not like its in a fair spot, no sometimes the ENVG spawns next to the enemy base like 3/4ths of the time. When they have it you better run full speed at the goal and hope they miss you cause hiding is pointless. Blah, that was not fun. Feels very unbalanced. I still perfer regular Sneaking by far.

Sneaking was fun last night. I had forgot it was added until I jumped in with Wesker, 1stStrike. Wish the rest of the gang had been on, haven't had a chance to play much the last week. :(

When you're on the sneaking team, what causes you to be visible? Stopping? I know weapons show up... I only played a couple of rounds on the sneaking team.

You know, I'll take everyone's word for it that the ENVG unbalances things. I heard 1stStrike talking about it (and its benefits) but I didn't use it once and did pretty good for the defenders (IMHO). Used the box and a tried to pick good defensive positions.

I love how some defenders rather just run and gun and spray rounds and lob grenades while looking for the sneakers. Ryanardo kept hollering at me to back him up cuz i was camping in my box near the duck. :lol I backed him up though :p

Re: the merger, what's the official status? do i remove myself from foxunit and apply for the main neogaf clan? Up to teh individual?

I'm gonna have to play a lot this week just to keep my sanity. Coming off a mini vacation and tons to do at work and home.

Ephemeris

MiamiWesker said:

I want to disagree. I want to say in defense that I'm stuck with grenades instead of magazines and claymores. I want to say that you guys are mostly invisible and should "sneak moar"; but honestly I see where you guys are coming from. For me it's a rush to the NVG on both sides (for me to get it no matter which side I'm on). I've fallen prey to an opponent using the ENVG a couple times, and I've done my fair share of doing nothing short of annihilating the enemy team with them on. I'd gladly trade in the ENVG for more support stuff.

1stStrike said:
It's really fun though for sure. Can't get enough of it. I just love the rush you get when there's 1 of you left and 7 of the enemy and you dodge them all and dive into the capture point for victory. Or slowly but surely work your way to your target and take em out when they least expect it. My favorite is laying in a shadow waiting and watching..and they're running around trying to find me wondering where I am..and then they go to run past me and..zzzzt. Stun knifed.

For the most part, it sounds like you're describing regular Sneaking Missions to me. ;) Just reminded me: During all the Sneaking Missions I've played post-beta, I've only worked with the Mk once. And the one time that I did, boy was that easy.:lol

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I wish there was a toggle to allow the ENVG or not. I was playing last night (sneaking) and was almost at the goal and got completely destroyed even though I was not visible at all (playing dead/in the shadows). It completely ruins the challenge.

Bajan32

Sorry haven't posted on here in awhile.
So you guys know, I was originally in the "Frog Unit" back in beta.
I'm in Fox Unit and have no objections to merging.

I always have the most fun on this game playing w/ you guys, although some of
you make me look real lame. Though this weekend playing w/ 1ststrike has made me a lot better (thanks for the skills tip bro, dont think ill ever go back). Haha i keep going between lvl 4-5 all day.. gotta get to 6 at least once lol.

Honestly Team Sneak kicks ass but the NVG needs some nerfing. I have to agree w/ 5-10 sec bursts w/ 60 sec cooldown. Because i got them 2 matches in a row and proceeded to mow down everyone.

So yeah no mind merging, I'm def getting better(jesus christo E.Locators are bad ass). Got a M-F 9-6, but nites and weekends im usually playing =D.

Sallokin

Finally got a chance to play again today. After about an hour readjusting to the controls I finally got back into the swing of things. Team sneak is awesome! I manged to max out my knives and CQC playing those games exclusively. Feels good to be back. Hopefully I can at least dedicate an hour or two each day to playing.

1stStrike

Banned
Ephemeris said:
I want to disagree. I want to say in defense that I'm stuck with grenades instead of magazines and claymores. I want to say that you guys are mostly invisible and should "sneak moar"; but honestly I see where you guys are coming from. For me it's a rush to the NVG on both sides (for me to get it no matter which side I'm on). I've fallen prey to an opponent using the ENVG a couple times, and I've done my fair share of doing nothing short of annihilating the enemy team with them on. I'd gladly trade in the ENVG for more support stuff.

For the most part, it sounds like you're describing regular Sneaking Missions to me. ;) Just reminded me: During all the Sneaking Missions I've played post-beta, I've only worked with the Mk once. And the one time that I did, boy was that easy.:lol

You know I'm not the type to go around screaming for a nerf just because I got my ass kicked. When I fuck up I'm always like, "Whoa, I fucked up" ya know :p The ENVG's are really in need of some re-adjusting though. However, I did get some good shots on ryan last night. He can aim ridiculously good so I had to just jump him. Came around the corner or behind him a few times and knocked his ass out :D

Regular sneaking is fun when you play as snake or mkII but if your team always loses you might go an entire day without getting to play as either. It can be frustrating. With this, you're guaranteed to have a chance at being stealthy. And it's even more challenging imo (though I've been fucking people up whenever I play as snake now thanks to tsne)

Oh and, to the question above..they can see your shadow and your weapon. Even if you have no weapon equipped you'll still have a knife in your hand that they can see floating in the air whether you're moving or still. The only way to be completely hidden is to play dead in a shadow and hope someone doesn't have the ENVG's. I've had people standing right on top of me before and didn't know I was there.

Oh and, when you pick up the target they can see it above your head. So, hiding in a box or in the shadows won't help when there's a big ass duck or frog over your head.

@Bajan: I've definitely noticed you getting better. Glad my advice helped.

@Shinz: You'd better not ditch me. It's hard enough finding good team mates for tsne as it is :p

@greenjerk: The box is your best defense as the attacking team against ENVG's. Put the slot against the wall so they can't see you and just pop out and grab the guy when he runs by. I don't think I've ever played with you before but you did get a couple lucky kills on me :p Though, I had fun knocking you out too :)

Phew..I think I covered everyone. Oh one more thing.

@Noz: Hi

There lol

Edit: Oh and here are some random tips for tsne from the master himself.

1. It's lame but if the host has ghosts enabled and you're looking for someone..watch for a ghost running through a box instead of knocking it over. Ghosts can't knock boxes over that players are hiding in.

2. Instead of just laying there out in the open when someone on your team is discovered, pop a box. At least you're not just sitting there completely exposed waiting to get shot.

3. When they start getting impatient and blowing shit up and shooting all over the place..don't hide in a really obvious spot. Like that one piece of shadow in the middle of the path. Odds are you'll get randomly shot and then it's lights out.

4. Run 3 and cqc 1 or knife 1 are your best friends in tsne.

That is all :p

Oh and I'm down to rank 3 now..just no way I can keep up with the kiddies. Go to summer school you slack asses ><

1stStrike

Banned
rofl what the fuck. My entire team left and I was by myself. It was 3 vs 1 and I killed 2 and was about to kill the last and they vote kicked me. What a bunch of fucking retards.

Edit: Oh and I got my level 6 back *rejoices*. I bet it'll last all of one day before I go back to 5 :p

1stStrike said:
rofl what the fuck. My entire team left and I was by myself. It was 3 vs 1 and I killed 2 and was about to kill the last and they vote kicked me. What a bunch of fucking retards.

Edit: Oh and I got my level 6 back *rejoices*. I bet it'll last all of one day before I go back to 5 :p

Sorry man, tried to help, but with my internet problems I really couldn't be useful to you

KGKK

Banned
I don't know about you guys but lately I have been joining smaller matches. They just seem a lot more fun two me. I only join rooms with 8 people max nowdays. Especially if rely on CQC and knife most of the time:D I had the most fun game last night with 3 on 3. The smaller the team, the better the teamwork.:D

1stStrike

Banned
BeautifulMemory said:
Sorry man, tried to help, but with my internet problems I really couldn't be useful to you

Nah it's cool. I didn't realize you were lagging. I just couldn't believe it when you had the ENVG's in that one match and you two were squaring off and he still tranq'd you. I was just like...no no no run up to him and get close, headshot his ass! And then he got you D:

That one guy was a total ENVG whore. He kept rushing for em. Whenever I got the goggles I'd just go to a secluded place and dump them off so nobody could get em. If the whole team didn't keep dying I'd have totally won lol.

1stStrike said:
Nah it's cool. I didn't realize you were lagging. I just couldn't believe it when you had the ENVG's in that one match and you two were squaring off and he still tranq'd you. I was just like...no no no run up to him and get close, headshot his ass! And then he got you D:

That one guy was a total ENVG whore. He kept rushing for em. Whenever I got the goggles I'd just go to a secluded place and dump them off so nobody could get em. If the whole team didn't keep dying I'd have totally won lol.

Yeah I couldn't believe it also. I was like "OH MAN 1stStrike is going to yell at me over the Mic". I think that's a good example of my lagging problem and why whenever you see me play I really don't use guns...half of what I aim is delayed over the network anyway

The other guy was a total ENVG whore, so I felt less bad kept on being owned by him. And I suppose my style was a more disruptive and feeding off my teammates than being a badass on my own so when we only had so few people playing I got lost.

And I really wasn't sure how to work with you as well, since I was worried that if I followed you I would expose you. But then I also thought that if I went too far on my own I wouldn't be able to help you. Heh

1stStrike

Banned
BeautifulMemory said:
Yeah I couldn't believe it also. I was like "OH MAN 1stStrike is going to yell at me over the Mic". I think that's a good example of my lagging problem and why whenever you see me play I really don't use guns...half of what I aim is delayed over the network anyway

The other guy was a total ENVG whore, so I felt less bad kept on being owned by him. And I suppose my style was a more disruptive and feeding off my teammates than being a badass on my own so when we only had so few people playing I got lost.

And I really wasn't sure how to work with you as well, since I was worried that if I followed you I would expose you. But then I also thought that if I went too far on my own I wouldn't be able to help you. Heh

lol you're lucky my PS3 decided to stop recognizing my mic and I had to restart it to get it back. I only would've lovingly yelled at you though :p

Well, we haven't played together much. I kinda suck with the tranq pistol unless they do something stupid like stop moving. I much prefer cqc and the knife. I figured you would be better with that too since you usually go cqc in all the matches we're in.

Basically, I prefer to be on my own but I like my team mates to be near me. So, if there's a guy nearby we can pincer him. Having a mic is really a HUGE help in tnse since you can say, "Hey, I'm going to try and go around to his left. You get the right so if he turns his back or tries to run you can nab him." Something like that.

One of the things I do hate is when I have two or three guys following me cause I'm trying to setup a trap or something and they run right into it (i.e. magazines) or run straight into the enemy and get us all exposed.

It's gotten to the point in bigger games now where I just find a spot to hide for the first minute or so while half to 3/4 of the team goes out and dies before I start making my move =\

If you can get your connection fixed though definitely hop in with me more. Me and shinz have a good thing going now, bajan is getting there and beat and I are..working on it :p

Edit: OH RIGHT! Cardboard boxes man. Most people that have ENVG's tend to ignore cardboard boxes cause they're too worried about looking for the easy to find targets. And hide around corners. I knew he was going for the ENVG's every time so if they weren't by our spawn then he'd have them. Just make sure you're not in a spot where he can see you from a distance. You wanna be able to get the drop on him.

1stStrike said:
lol you're lucky my PS3 decided to stop recognizing my mic and I had to restart it to get it back. I only would've lovingly yelled at you though :p

Well, we haven't played together much. I kinda suck with the tranq pistol unless they do something stupid like stop moving. I much prefer cqc and the knife. I figured you would be better with that too since you usually go cqc in all the matches we're in.

Basically, I prefer to be on my own but I like my team mates to be near me. So, if there's a guy nearby we can pincer him. Having a mic is really a HUGE help in tnse since you can say, "Hey, I'm going to try and go around to his left. You get the right so if he turns his back or tries to run you can nab him." Something like that.

One of the things I do hate is when I have two or three guys following me cause I'm trying to setup a trap or something and they run right into it (i.e. magazines) or run straight into the enemy and get us all exposed.

It's gotten to the point in bigger games now where I just find a spot to hide for the first minute or so while half to 3/4 of the team goes out and dies before I start making my move =\

If you can get your connection fixed though definitely hop in with me more. Me and shinz have a good thing going now, bajan is getting there and beat and I are..working on it :p

Edit: OH RIGHT! Cardboard boxes man. Most people that have ENVG's tend to ignore cardboard boxes cause they're too worried about looking for the easy to find targets. And hide around corners. I knew he was going for the ENVG's every time so if they weren't by our spawn then he'd have them. Just make sure you're not in a spot where he can see you from a distance. You wanna be able to get the drop on him.

haha well I am lucky then that your mic was not working. To be honest, I was playing with headphone (I really couldn't hear what you were saying without it) and I immediately took it off after I got tranq'ed

and yes I do find the box more helpful. Besides, it's almost like a rule in TSNE that your dumbass teammates wiill expose you anyway, and hiding in that little box helps.

So yeah, if you don't mind I would still like to play with you and the rest of Gaffers in the future. Just don't expect me to make a huge impact except seeing me running all fast and stun people. And if you see me being in a lot of WTF moments, blame the lag. Curse you lag!

I think the problem with the internet is my router, so unfortunately that means no immediate fix soon :*(

dazed808

yep more fun games eurogaf although the only use i am is helping get everyones k/d up :( - I really gotta get some practice in!

Indeed

dazed808 said:
yep more fun games eurogaf although the only use i am is helping get everyones k/d up :( - I really gotta get some practice in!

Yeah we shouldnt really play against each other. Too bad we cant play unranked matches.

xintin

good games today with killthee and memorycell in TSNE.
was great when i was calling for backup in GG and actually got it for once :lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
xintin said:
good games today with killthee and memorycell in TSNE.
was great when i was calling for backup in GG and actually got it for once :lol
That was fun; I started playing more red after you guys left and dropped a level X_X

1stStrike

Banned
BeautifulMemory said:
haha well I am lucky then that your mic was not working. To be honest, I was playing with headphone (I really couldn't hear what you were saying without it) and I immediately took it off after I got tranq'ed

and yes I do find the box more helpful. Besides, it's almost like a rule in TSNE that your dumbass teammates wiill expose you anyway, and hiding in that little box helps.

So yeah, if you don't mind I would still like to play with you and the rest of Gaffers in the future. Just don't expect me to make a huge impact except seeing me running all fast and stun people. And if you see me being in a lot of WTF moments, blame the lag. Curse you lag!

I think the problem with the internet is my router, so unfortunately that means no immediate fix soon :*(

Yea no prob. Sometimes just running around stunning people with the knife is the most effective way to play. It varies depending on who your opponents are.

Wireless anything is really not ideal for online gaming..get a 50 foot ethernet cable if you have to. They're really cheap. Do whatever you have to to get a direct connection.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Hey...

So I'm new at this MGO thing. I made a game. Currently playing... nobody.

If you'd like to JUMP IN, I made the game under VAMP and the name is J.Harker.

See you on the battlefield.

KGKK

Banned
John Harker said:
Hey...

So I'm new at this MGO thing. I made a game. Currently playing... nobody.

If you'd like to JUMP IN, I made the game under VAMP and the name is J.Harker.

See you on the battlefield.

Wish I could join, however since I put more than 20 hours into MGO I can no longer go into the beginner rooms...

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
Well at least someone noticed I was missing today :lol

I like how I totally called VanillaGAF slipping off the charts, my only issue with the merger is we've mostly gotten consent and positive feedback from VanillaG members. Even if we were to start "now" (which we can't since my day of drinking heavily threw off me finishing crunching numbers) it'd still take a while to get people moving over.

Nozdeuce said:
Well at least someone noticed I was missing today :lol

I like how I totally called VanillaGAF slipping off the charts, my only issue with the merger is we've mostly gotten consent and positive feedback from VanillaG members. Even if we were to start "now" (which we can't since my day of drinking heavily threw off me finishing crunching numbers) it'd still take a while to get people moving over.

Question.. does this merger only involve members of personal interest? or skill, community activeness, and errr.. skill?

Nozdeuce

Assembly Required said:
Question.. does this merger only involve members of personal interest? or skill, community activeness, and errr.. skill?
Basically primarily in-game activeness. We want to organize it so all the regulars are grouped together into the one clan so the people who play the most can find each other easier. As well as taking it to the top of the charts.

1stStrike

Banned
I figure I'll be in 5th place in tsne by the time I get off work..but that's ok because everyone that's ahead of me I've beaten many times. They just don't have jobs D:

@Noz: Well, have a happy hangover!

Nozdeuce said:
Basically primarily in-game activeness. We want to organize it so all the regulars are grouped together into the one clan so the people who play the most can find each other easier. As well as taking it to the top of the charts.

Ahh.. I see. I just felt out of the loop on this merger business.

Sallokin

Had a pretty ok day for not having played for a week. It was a shame that there were barely any people on though. Hopefully tomorrow more people will be playing.

KGKK

Banned
I want to be part of this merger. First off, no one from the Frog Unit is ever playing when I am. Second, where the fuck are the GAF games at. I want to CQC you fools:D

1stStrike

Banned
I only play tsne now and most of you don't really seem to be into it, thus I haven't been hosting too many. And yea, I don't think there was a gaffer on at all today while I was playing besides B. Wayne for a bit.

Zyzyxxz

can I be put in the more active clan?

I know I haven't been playing long but I've been spending alot of time on the singleplayer and Team Fortress2 but now I wanna concentrating on being good at CQC.

Top Bottom