• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

1stStrike

Banned
There's been a period of inactivity over the last couple of days. Haven't seen many gaffers on thus I haven't been running a server while I'm at work. Even noz and jason haven't really been on as much as I had usually seen them on before (and when jason is on he's in some private room with one other person anyway.)

So yea, when I see gaffers on I'll put up a server..but as you guys all know I only want to play tsne so when it's dedicated and i'm not playing it'll be various game modes but when i'm there playing..tsne or bust.

i was on for like 2 hours but 1st was in a lot of full games. plus i have interview and such ( got a second interview and turned them down (dont want to sell insurance no matter how good the money is))

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
1stStrike said:
There's been a period of inactivity over the last couple of days. Haven't seen many gaffers on thus I haven't been running a server while I'm at work. Even noz and jason haven't really been on as much as I had usually seen them on before (and when jason is on he's in some private room with one other person anyway.)

So yea, when I see gaffers on I'll put up a server..but as you guys all know I only want to play tsne so when it's dedicated and i'm not playing it'll be various game modes but when i'm there playing..tsne or bust.
I blame the long weekend, was all fine and dandy going into the 4th of July weekend then sudden drop. Personally I've been a bit under the weather so haven't been putting my usual hours into MGO, been mostly taking it easy with MLB The Show. I think someone may have cracked the same thousandth of kills as me so I should get on increasing my lead. Don't bother harshing Jason, since really he's just the assistant to the MGO NeoGAF Clan Leader. He's been busy helping train one of our newer but more active FoxUnit members, she's quite the ringer already.

To everyone on my PSN list, feel free to spam the fuck out of me telling me to get on MGO. If you aren't on my list, drop me an invite PSN:Nozdeuce

1stStrike

Banned
Oh, pho3nix? jason found a new girlfriend :eek: How come I don't get some 1 on 1 private training time with jason? :p

@shinz: Sorry, tsne games fill up quick. The server selection was pretty shitty today though. People need to stop making 16 player tsne games. They just suck.

peetfeet

Anyone run into probs last night (or recently) when trying to play MGO ? I ask cos a mate was having problems all last night and i've never had any problems like this. He would log on OK but then recieve an error after selecting the automatching/free play etc options. He said he managed to get as far as selecting game type just once and then it crapped out. (he has previously been able to play ok, and he doesnt think any settings have changed. He's in the UK BTW)

Some of the messages,

Automatching (SNAKE)
network server error has occurred (0003:FFFFFF60)
Free Battle (VAMP:BEGINNER)
network server error has occurred (0003:FFFFFFDC)

Other messages:
Unable to acquire mailbox (1800:FFFFFFDC)
Unable to update character information (1030:FFFFFFDC)
Unable to acquire character information (1036:FFFFFFDC)

Zyzyxxz

1stStrike said:
Oh, pho3nix? jason found a new girlfriend :eek:

@shinz: Sorry, tsne games fill up quick. The server selection was pretty shitty today though. People need to stop making 16 player tsne games. They just suck.

yeah for sure. Its so lame when a noob in the TSNE game runs out in the open and gets caught meaning the rest of us are able to be seen for those 4 super long seconds.

I got lucky this one round and immediately went into box mode right before an enemy passed on by.

I think 10 should be the limit for TSNE

1stStrike

Banned
You can get away with 14 player games on MM or GG if your team is decent. There's enough space to spread out and do your own thing. I don't know how many times I've run the frog to victory on GG while my team mates were distracting them on the other side of the map. With run 3 I'm usually at the goal before they even get half way across the map.

But yea, most of the time you have a bunch of idiots on your team in random, larger games and it ruins the fun for everyone. I've gotten to the point where if I login to a game and I see a team is completely dominating the other team I'll just leave. I much prefer balanced, challenging games not a rape fest.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Sorry Zyzyxxz, I got kicked out of PSN/MGO. I think there doing PSN maintance...

Zyzyxxz

KillThee: dam sorry for bailing out on you. For some reason I got logged out of PSN and it wouldn't let me back on. Anyway maybe it was for the best since I got alot of reading ahead of me.

Maybe some other time.

Oh yeah and I think the Shark/Jaws emblem means I have a large amount of knife kills. =)

*edit* ok so not only me then.

1stStrike

Banned
FYI you don't need to be connected to the PSN to play MGO since it doesn't use the PSN for online play. Servers still say "online" on the MGO community site.

Killthee

1stStrike said:
FYI you don't need to be connected to the PSN to play MGO since it doesn't use the PSN for online play. Servers still say "online" on the MGO community site.
You do need to be connected to PSN, it still requires it. The game won't let you login into the MGO servers if you're not logged into the PSN and if you're logged into MGO and get disconnected from PSN while playing (what happened to me & zyzyxxz) you get kicked out to the title screen. If the PSN servers go down it doesn't matter if the MGO servers are up because you can't login into MGO servers without being logged into PSN.

LowParry

1stStrike said:

Shizzle, what's your PSN? I'll add ya up and invite ya to come play along some random rooms!

1stStrike

Banned
striketh

But yea, tsne or nothing for me these days. And during the weekdays I work 9 - 10 hours a day so I only play a couple hours a day at the most.

1stStrike

Banned
Accepted. I'm a bit groggy from just waking up so I'll hop in in a while. I think I might watch a movie..I'm feeling kinda lazy/kinda non-mgoish today. I kind of need a break from the rampant idiocy. I really wish I got to actually play with people from the clan more often.

LowParry

3 matches. 2 hours play time. Close to 50 hours played total. Two matches to where I was like 50+ and 10. SMG's rock! I think after all the pistol use I did to get it to lvl 3, SMG's have been a lot easier to use. P90 ftw! Almost finished out Running and SMG's to lvl 3.

Edit: I was reading earlier about some new dlc this week? True?

Nozdeuce

CcrooK said:
3 matches. 2 hours play time. Close to 50 hours played total. Two matches to where I was like 50+ and 10. SMG's rock! I think after all the pistol use I did to get it to lvl 3, SMG's have been a lot easier to use. P90 ftw! Almost finished out Running and SMG's to lvl 3.

Edit: I was reading earlier about some new dlc this week? True?
Good to hear more people are transitioning from pistols to the P90, so deadly once you have your pistol skills down.

As far as I know the next round of DLC is just next week, the 17th.

1stStrike

Banned
8 days away =\ I want my MGO expansion pack!

Also, I have 3 in-game mails from shadow knight dude that all say, "fall in!" and nothing else D:

Guled

1stStrike said:
8 days away =\ I want my MGO expansion pack!

Also, I have 3 in-game mails from shadow knight dude that all say, "fall in!" and nothing else D:
can you get the expansion via psn, or will it only be on the online store

Nozdeuce

Guled said:
can you get the expansion via psn, or will it only be on the online store
Currently unknown, but you have to go through the online store to buy character slots and soundpacks...so it's not looking so hot for PSN.

I finally beat single player so I really bit into Online today. I got to play the sneaking mode, and both times I was top player on the server. Why? I ran right for the duck, grabbed it, and capped it. I think people don't really know how to play the mode just yet, so they don't guard the cap points. Really all you need is two people to tandem up and guard it.

Ilparazzo

Nice cqc training everyone, only 4 skills to go for complete mastery of ALL CREATION!

Shame it's the weak ones hawkeye, surveyor and shotgun (also blades but that's not really weak) anyone have tips on how to raise those without dying too much?

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:
Nice cqc training everyone, only 4 skills to go for complete mastery of ALL CREATION!

Shame it's the weak ones hawkeye, surveyor and shotgun (also blades but that's not really weak) anyone have tips on how to raise those without dying too much?

Well Dun and I just alternate-Surveyor-tranqed us eachother a few times and surveyor moved a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiny bit. Blades shouldnt be too hard. Wait around corners and stun incoming enemies for a free kill. As soon as you reach level 2 you can slash while walking so just run around killing people. Make sure they dont see you until its too late. Also Auto-Aim.

1stStrike

Banned
Woot. I was on so many bad teams today I got dropped down from lvl 7 to lvl 5. People need to stop getting themselves owned 20 seconds into a match.

Zyzyxxz

ugh I've been doing bad on TSNE. When it was new everybody sucked and I did pretty well but now the defending team is usually pretty smart and sticks together.

I was playing a 16 player game on TSNE with KillThee and the Defending team won about every game.

Killthee

Zyzyxxz said:
ugh I've been doing bad on TSNE. When it was new everybody sucked and I did pretty well but now the defending team is usually pretty smart and sticks together.

I was playing a 16 player game on TSNE with KillThee and the Defending team won about every game.
They were f'ing brutal, I blame the guy who kept using the S Plug to find our locations.

Zyzyxxz

Killthee said:
They were f'ing brutal, I blame the guy who kept using the S Plug to find our locations.

even still the annoying thing is when one teammate gets found we all lose our cover and if I'm about to do something its really irritating.

I don't even know if the person who got found was being dumb or just naturally got caught.

In the 4v4 games it is much better because even if people stick together they can't run out in the open because if we spread out and start sniping with tranq guns they are down. Its happened to me before in a game.

Also Blood Bath with TSNE is the worst possible map for that game mode, too small a map especially for 8v8 TSNE where most of us are together and there are not that many shadows to hide in

1stStrike

Banned
Yea, 8 vs 8 tsne games suck ass. I really wish people would stop putting up 16 man tsne servers. The more players you have the more dumb asses invade your game.

LowParry

I'm curious to know with everyone, which music bit do you use the most with your MGO gaming? For me, I like to switch between the Rex vs Ray bit and Screaming Mantis.

rikichi

CcrooK said:
I'm curious to know with everyone, which music bit do you use the most with your MGO gaming? For me, I like to switch between the Rex vs Ray bit and Screaming Mantis.

Use those two regularly plus crying wolf. Love that song.

1stStrike

Banned
metal gear 2, metal gear solid or metal gear solid 3 (outdoor theme). However, a lot of the times I choose no music so I can hear people sneaking around and such better.

Indeed

CcrooK said:

I have it switched off, no music = i can hear people and i can take my time. Upbeat music = increased heartrate = worse aim = not good :)

1stStrike

Banned
Man, the closeness of my k/d ratio being positive is killing me. 21 kills till I'm positive. The one problem with TSNE is I stun the shit out of a lot of people but a lot of the times I don't actually get a kill cause I'm tranqing em from a distance..or a team mate steals the kill after I tranq them.

I had 4 guys tranq'd today and they stole all 4 kills from me D:

Cassano

Since I just got accepted into WaspUnit, I've added some EuroGaffers to my psn list, add me if you want: gaberad

Anyone else notice the 'ghost' dead players on TSNE? They weren't there the other day.

1stStrike

Banned
ice cream said:
So depending on whether I'll get MGO, is their voice chat in this game? And if so, how many people use it?

Random fact: your join date is the same day as my birthday :eek:

Yea, there's voice chat. It works pretty good. I've seen more and more people with mics but it can be iffy sometimes. It's not uncommon to go into a game and be the only guy with a mic. But there's usually at least a few guys with mics these days.

Though, most peoples mics are so shitty I just mute them anyway cause I get so much background noise that it irritates the fuck out of me.

Take it as you will.

1stStrike said:
Random fact: your join date is the same day as my birthday :eek:

Yea, there's voice chat. It works pretty good. I've seen more and more people with mics but it can be iffy sometimes. It's not uncommon to go into a game and be the only guy with a mic. But there's usually at least a few guys with mics these days.

Though, most peoples mics are so shitty I just mute them anyway cause I get so much background noise that it irritates the fuck out of me.

Take it as you will.

a bit off topic but do you sleep at all? you seem to post at some random hours, at least for me

Ilparazzo

Cassano said:
Since I just got accepted into WaspUnit, I've added some EuroGaffers to my psn list, add me if you want: gaberad

Anyone else notice the 'ghost' dead players on TSNE? They weren't there the other day.

That's ghost pranks, only some people decide to activate them in the games they make.

Also, what's your MGO name so I can add you to the list.

EDIT: Nevermind, found you in the clan roster.

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:
That's ghost pranks, only some people decide to activate them in the games they make.

Also, what's your MGO name so I can add you to the list.

EDIT: Nevermind, found you in the clan roster.

By the way add me too:

GAF: Indeed - MGO: Indeed PSN: Inthedeed

1stStrike

Banned
BeautifulMemory said:
a bit off topic but do you sleep at all? you seem to post at some random hours, at least for me

I work the grave shift for 9 hours and don't really have much to do most of the time except surf the web..so from 10 pm to 7 am here I am. I just got off work and got home..so I'm about to go to bed and I'll wake up around 2 pm.

So yea, a very different schedule from most people.

Top Bottom