• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

KTallguy

Banned
I'm just wondering, maybe the clans would be better broken up into regions?
Like each NA Gaf clan could be west, central, east? It would be easier to organize games that way, right?

Good matches. Damn Jason won the sneaking match, I had him too! He got two tags, and he had one floating around. When I heard the second tag (very close to the floating one) I ran as fast as I can to the spot, it was in small area so a grenade would do the trick so I get there and press to throw but I had the damn pistol out, I clicked L2 the wrong amount of times. He killed me really fast and ran to the tag and won.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
KTallguy said:
I'm just wondering, maybe the clans would be better broken up into regions?
Like each NA Gaf clan could be west, central, east? It would be easier to organize games that way, right?
Only problem with that is so much negative space, realistically we only have like 40 truly super active people. So sticking them all in one clan would help us get to #1 overall, which would have benefits down the line (tournaments and kojipro stuff) but also let us simply check 1 clan roster to see where the most active MGO playing gaf members are.

As it stands now, VanillaGAF is really bloated an inefficient, with like 5 hyper active people, 10 really active regulars, a few people who actually played this week. And then M0nkeyhero with 4 minutes played...

Mostly it'd make it easier for the people who DO play regularly, and there'd always be Frogunit and Wasabi for the people who get moved out of VanillaGAF. Also don't go hyper defensive yet, I only need to clear like 20 more spaces so you might still be in (crunching numbers atm)

1stStrike

Banned
Man, talk about team stacking. The setup where one team is always defending/attacking and it never changes up makes for a lot of bitches trying for an easy victory. It always makes for a good time when you hop on the losing team and put them in their place.

KTallguy

Banned
I'll be super honest, as much as I'd like to help you guys hit #1, I definitely don't have time to be playing all the time. So I'm totally fine being kicked out if you guys want to be super hardcore. When I do have time to play, I'd be happy to find your clan and hook up :)

So yea, if you need to kick people out, just do it man. We can fit in the other, more casual clans.

Nozdeuce

KTallguy said:
I'll be super honest, as much as I'd like to help you guys hit #1, I definitely don't have time to be playing all the time. So I'm totally fine being kicked out if you guys want to be super hardcore. When I do have time to play, I'd be happy to find your clan and hook up :)

So yea, if you need to kick people out, just do it man. We can fit in the other, more casual clans.
we currently all play together anyway, so it wouldnt be hard to track us down (if you do get axed) you can check the roster of other clans to see where people are.

Teknoman

JB1981 said:
Man, the framerate is really poor online. It's actually detracting from my enjoyment of the game. I don't think I can play this much if the framerate is always this bad. No improvements on the beta whatsoever.

Really? Seems just fine to me. Never seen a framerate drop...but I HAVE seen increases where the game hits what looks like 60fps for a few seconds.

Sigh...man I wish this game ran at 60fps at all times (both SP and MP).

1stStrike

Banned
Teknoman said:
Really? Seems just fine to me. Never seen a framerate drop...but I HAVE seen increases where the game hits what looks like 60fps for a few seconds.

Sigh...man I wish this game ran at 60fps at all times (both SP and MP).

I've noticed some frame rate drops here and there but it doesn't happen very often. It's like..maybe once every couple days it'll just have a moment where it chugs for a few seconds. Nothing big though.

I normally play on smaller servers though..16 player servers are just too damn chaotic.

1stStrike

Banned
clan.jpg

I'm fairly confident that we'll own the #1 spot with this merger. Oh and, in your face main neogaf clan :D

Nozdeuce

1stStrike said:
I'm fairly confident that we'll own the #1 spot with this merger. Oh and, in your face main neogaf clan :D
The sooner we get it moving the better, in theory wed have a 3k lead, we still need to catchup.

I totally knew FoxUnit would take over as of this morning =/

Sallokin

Nozdeuce said:
Great, I simply included you on the list as a maybe because your activity level kinda dropped. But I had seen your post(s) about working late and being busy, still <3

Thanks a lot. I'm currently thinking that I'll be able to hop back in the saddle sometime in the next week. The whole 4th of July weekend sort of screwed my schedule at work. :D

Nozdeuce

Sallokin said:
Thanks a lot. I'm currently thinking that I'll be able to hop back in the saddle sometime in the next week. The whole 4th of July weekend sort of screwed my schedule at work. :D
No worries, at least I'm aware that you werent ditching, simply busy. Its not as clear cut with soooo many others though.

Ephemeris

MiamiWesker said:
Good matches. Damn Jason won the sneaking match, I had him too! He got two tags, and he had one floating around. When I heard the second tag (very close to the floating one) I ran as fast as I can to the spot, it was in small area so a grenade would do the trick so I get there and press to throw but I had the damn pistol out, I clicked L2 the wrong amount of times. He killed me really fast and ran to the tag and won.

I was totally rushing it in the beginning. Lost three lives very quickly to one team. Had to slow things down, put on my favorite track "___ versus ___" and get back on my Sneaking Stuff. But yeah, that shootout I had with you at the end was scary. As soon as you dropped I hauled ass towards that tag. Good games :D

Nozdeuce said:
I totally knew FoxUnit would take over as of this morning =/

As I mentioned to you in-game, I'm all for the merge, but I think we should wait till after clan battles begin officially (or get more information about it) before we move people around.

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:
As I mentioned to you in-game, I'm all for the merge, but I think we should wait till after clan battles begin officially (or get more information about it) before we move people around.
I have no real feeling one way or the other, but I am curious to your reasoning. Care to elaborate?

I could see where there could be a concern for like a Kojipro thing where as a unified clan we would only be able to field 5 or 6 people and have people get left out. But then if we don't shack up people will get left out anyway as one clan doesn't make the cut. Which seems less fair since with the former we could at least adopt some internal competition to decide who'd play.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Nozdeuce said:
The sooner we get it moving the better, in theory wed have a 3k lead, we still need to catchup.

I agree with this; the other clans are retaliating against GAF's rise.

6omxko.jpg

Nozdeuce

Killthee said:
I agree with this, the other clans are retaliating against GAF's rise.

6omxko.jpg
At least in theory we'd still have the 3k cushion, we've been able to maintain that throughout the day

Ephemeris

Nozdeuce said:
I have no real feeling one way or the other, but I am curious to your reasoning. Care to elaborate?

I could see where there could be a concern for like a Kojipro thing where as a unified clan we would only be able to field 5 or 6 people and have people get left out. But then if we don't shack up people will get left out anyway as one clan doesn't make the cut. Which seems less fair since with the former we could at least adopt some internal competition to decide who'd play.

Sure, no prob. In addition to the activeness ranking, there's also a "Grade Point Ranking" leaderboard and a "Reward Ranking" leaderboard. My wait-and-see approach comes from not knowing whether #1 in the G-P Ranking is based on activeness or if Konami will do some sort of tourny (not the world one) instead. And yeah, I was going to mention the Kojipro thing. If it wasn't for my feet-dragging when it came to finding the final member in time, we would have had two NeoGAF clans playing. Scarecrow wanted to lynch me I swear. :lol Bah. 1am. bed time.

Btw, I'm not sure if someone posted this somewhere, but I certainly missed it:
To all customers! We are glad to announce that we are giving away a massive 500 Reward Points
for every new character created and registered on "METAL GEAR ONLINE"!!
All you have to do is simply to create and register a character in "METAL GEAR ONLINE" between
12/06/2008 and 18:00 on 16/7/2008 (PDT)

Reward Points can be used to kit your characters out in the latest gear available in the game!!

* Reward points will be awarded to each Character. If you have registered multiple characters,
the points will be allocated to all of them.

* The Opening of the reward shop and the actual awarding of points is planned for late July 2008.

I've been winning a lot of TSNK matches last night since I was playing with a decent group of people. The rush for the NVG IS really annoying, but when they keep doing it, I just dash towards the GA-KO and steal it while the cheap, abusing fucks all scramble for the WIN item.

Nozdeuce

Ephemeris said:
Sure, no prob. In addition to the activeness ranking, there's also a "Grade Point Ranking" leaderboard and a "Reward Ranking" leaderboard. My wait-and-see approach comes from not knowing whether #1 in the G-P Ranking is based on activeness or if Konami will do some sort of tourny (not the world one) instead. And yeah, I was going to mention the Kojipro thing. If it wasn't for my feet-dragging when it came to finding the final member in time, we would have had two NeoGAF clans playing. Scarecrow wanted to lynch me I swear. :lol Bah. 1am. bed time.

Btw, I'm not sure if someone posted this somewhere, but I certainly missed it:
The problem we face this time is that we won't have all 3 clans in the top 10. If it wasn't for 1stStrike playing day and night since tsne launched Fox probably wouldn't have cracked it, and Vanilla would still be slipping out of it.

Also the reward points and shop sounds interesting. I can't really think of any new gear I'd be interested in. Like really, what can they add? Non-ass colored gloves? I'll wait and see, but I'd probably rather be able to simply swap my gear.

It'd be interesting if they did something Battlefield style with new weapons. They could bring over a pack of weapons from the SP selection (new assault rifle/smg/handgun/throwable/rocket launcher) and then have you use reward points (if they are indeed something akin to experience points) to unlock weapon(s) from the given pack. They could even do tiered pricing, where my MK 23 socom would be cheaper than whatever assault rifles I don't care about :lol

Teknoman

What about reward points for those who created a character on MGS4 launch day? Early adopters should be rewarded (that and I dont wanna restart my current character).

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
BlockBastard said:
I've been winning a lot of TSNK matches last night since I was playing with a decent group of people. The rush for the NVG IS really annoying, but when they keep doing it, I just dash towards the GA-KO and steal it while the cheap, abusing fucks all scramble for the WIN item.

I honestly think this is the best mode of the game, but there are enough disadvantages to the sneaking team already without the NVG. They either need to remove that shit or tweak the battery so it only works in 5-10 second bursts with a 60 second cooldown period.

So anyway, yeah been loving the hell out of Team Sneak. So much fun, great way to level up your CQC and other oft-neglected skills, and very, very tense!

Much love to the WaspUnit who played on Saturday, you are all gentlemen!

1stStrike

Banned
McBradders said:
I honestly think this is the best mode of the game, but there are enough disadvantages to the sneaking team already without the NVG. They either need to remove that shit or tweak the battery so it only works in 5-10 second bursts with a 60 second cooldown period.

So anyway, yeah been loving the hell out of Team Sneak. So much fun, great way to level up your CQC and other oft-neglected skills, and very, very tense!

Much love to the WaspUnit who played on Saturday, you are all gentlemen!

Yup. I played with weskers, beat and ryan earlier and after an aggrivating match they agreed with me on the ENVG issue. When the goggles spawned on our side we'd get em first and then have a fighting chance. But when they spawned on the other side ryan would grab them and just go on a killing spree. I got the jump on him a couple times but it's so easy to just destroy the sneaking team with the ENVG's on that map that it was really hard.

It's really fun though for sure. Can't get enough of it. I just love the rush you get when there's 1 of you left and 7 of the enemy and you dodge them all and dive into the capture point for victory. Or slowly but surely work your way to your target and take em out when they least expect it. My favorite is laying in a shadow waiting and watching..and they're running around trying to find me wondering where I am..and then they go to run past me and..zzzzt. Stun knifed.

I know I've had some "what the fuck?!" moments playing against some people. I wonder how many people have had some of those same moments playing against me in tnse. It can be full of surprises..you never know where you might get attacked from. If they tweak the ENVG's a bit I can see this mode being perfect. The random spawning location helps but it's easy enough to memorize them and just run the route every game.

Ilparazzo

What are reward points anyway? How will we get them? Do we have to buy them like in korean MMORPGs (I seriously hope not)?
Well seeing as there is a ranking for reward points I'm guessing you have to earn them by playing but still...

Nothing makes me more angry than playing with a bunch of kids. Oh God, the word "NOOB" makes me rage so bad. The word is so fucking dumb. It wasn't even directed at me, the guy was on my time and every time he got a kill, he was just go "LOL FUKKEN NOOBS".

ARnaiegnaeignaeign

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
BlockBastard said:
Nothing makes me more angry than playing with a bunch of kids. Oh God, the word "NOOB" makes me rage so bad. The word is so fucking dumb. It wasn't even directed at me, the guy was on my time and every time he got a kill, he was just go "LOL FUKKEN NOOBS".

ARnaiegnaeignaeign

:lol I had a guy like that on Saturday morning raging every time someone would kill him while cloaked.

"nublets are cheaters!"

"We could see your knife."

"CHEATERS."

*rolleyes*

1stStrike

Banned
BlockBastard said:

ARnaiegnaeignaeign

Noob! hahah... *runs in terror*

I agree. People that throw around shit like that are dumb. It's like..ok you got your ass kicked. Just own up to it instead of trying to pawn it off.

People have tried to kick me from games and called me a fag and all that cause I kicked their ass. I know I tend to take shit seriously at times but I don't go that crazy.

SumGamer

"We can see your knife."

"I can see your knife."

Seriously, it's really annoying. I played with a kid here who keep typing shit non-stop which block the lower half of the screen and it's really irritating.

1stStrike

Banned
SumGamer said:
"We can see your knife."

"I can see your knife."

Seriously, it's really annoying. I played with a kid here who keep typing shit non-stop which block the lower half of the screen and it's really irritating.

Same..and you can't turn it off or block their text in any shape, way or form. It's so frigging stupid. And yea, there are a lot of people that don't realize that the enemy can see their weapon and their shadow. I almost always try to remind everyone of this, yet they still try to rush the target thinking they're invincible or some shit.

Guled

Teknoman said:
What about reward points for those who created a character on MGS4 launch day? Early adopters should be rewarded (that and I dont wanna restart my current character).
It says if you made a characture from june 12 to july 16. I guess the reward shop will open on the 17th when the DLC comes online

Indeed

Guled said:
It says if you made a characture from june 12 to july 16. I guess the reward shop will open on the 17th when the DLC comes online

Is there any way to check? I really cant remember :S

Meh, I was having one of my best games yet, over 30 kills, no deaths, all headshots but 3 of them and then I get disconnected...

Does anyone know if it still counts for the stats?

1stStrike

Banned
Yea, your stats are updated pretty much in real-time..it's just the MGO rankings that only seem to update like once an hour or so. So yea, it should still count.

And on a side note..man am I dragging ass. I was gonna nap before work but I was just like..meh I'm wide awake so I played some more MGO and had some good games..so I kept going and then before I knew it it was time for work.

So, I go to hop in my car and..oh crap, I left the door open. Batteries dead. Fuck.

Top Bottom