• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Killthee said:
I got that, tried again, and then it worked. It doesn't seem like they charged me twice....
hmm, would be nice if the purchase history page wasn't fried =/ Guess I'll wait a bit and try again later

Edit: and now it's saying my login info is wrong, awesome

Flo_Evans

Rolling IP blackouts? :lol

Really WTF Konami? If you want to do your own shit and not sell it in the PSN store fine, but at least don't make it a total clusterfuck.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Flo_Evans said:
Rolling IP blackouts? :lol

Really WTF Konami? If you want to do your own shit and not sell it in the PSN store fine, but at least don't make it a total clusterfuck.
:lol I just read that.

GO shop status update 2
We would first like to apologize for the ongoing problems.

Status Report at 15:50 07/17/2008 (PDT).

While server capacity for "myKONAMI" has been increased greatly, it still unfortunately unable to deal with the extremely high levels of access which we have seen since the release of "GENE EXPANSION".
Therefore, we have introduced an IP restriction which will allow a limited number of customers to access the shop. The IP restrictions will be applied to random IP ranges which will change on an hourly basis.
If the maintenance screen is shown when trying to enter the MGO shop, this would indicate that your IP address is blocked for 1 hour.
This restriction has been imposed to allow a number of customers to make purchases under controlled ascess and will not be implemented on a permanent basis.

We would like to once again apologize for the prolonged inconveniences.
So it's now basically a random hourly lottery on whether or not you can buy it. :lol

Nozdeuce

This is brutal, when the page was crashing and mostly not working it'd let me login. Now it's loading silky smooth and telling me my very same login info is wrong. Bastards

Killthee said:
:lol I just read that.

So it's now basically a random hourly lottery on whether or not you can buy it. :lol

Yeah, except even when you win, you lose. I keep getting teased with the shop login screen, only to be immediately followed by the maintenance screen when I try to actually log in. Frustrating doesn't even describe this clusterfuck of a situation.

Human_Shield said:
Yeah, except even when you win, you lose. I keep getting teased with the shop login screen, only to be immediately followed by the maintenance screen when I try to actually log in. Frustrating doesn't even describe this clusterfuck of a situation.

I can't make it pass the login screen. Whenever I login, it reports back that I'm not logged into MGO. Fail.

Nozdeuce

Yay, finally managed to get through and buy the expansion. Now I can finally close the tab with Killthee's post with the MGO shop link :lol

LowParry

It might just be me...but the P90 feels a little less accurate now at lvl 1. I was pulling headshots like crazy before the patch. Hrm. Tighter hit boxes maybe? Dunno. I'll have to play around with it more and more for a while. Still working on getting my trapping up to lvl 2.

Nozdeuce

CcrooK said:
It might just be me...but the P90 feels a little less accurate now at lvl 1. I was pulling headshots like crazy before the patch. Hrm. Tighter hit boxes maybe? Dunno. I'll have to play around with it more and more for a while. Still working on getting my trapping up to lvl 2.
How are you gauging this? Have you tried using single fire?

Also heroes spend hours and hours, first unlocking the boxmove skill. Then leveling it up to max so it leaves them with 1 mostly useless slot.

LowParry

Nozdeuce said:
How are you gauging this? Have you tried using single fire?

Also heroes spend hours and hours, first unlocking the boxmove skill. Then leveling it up to max so it leaves them with 1 mostly useless slot.

Usually I go for the short burst attacks which has the tendency of really working. The single shot option doesn't float with me very well. With the suppressor on the P90 it gives me little to no recoil as I fire. Even at lvl 1 it feels as if it were at lvl 3.

Here's the strange thing about it though. You have your aim box. You'd think to aim the box about center area towards the head right? For me, if I aim with the bottom line of the box just right along the neck area, headshot every single time. So it feels like I have this reverse recoil. Not going up, but it goes down. I don't know if others do that or anything but it works for me every time.

And...boxmove skills?

Edit: Also, haha! This is funny to me. If I get attacked from the side, I hold down the fire and just glide my shot to the right, aiming over the shoulder and more than half of the time, I'll kill the guy with a headshot.

Nozdeuce

CcrooK said:
Usually I go for the short burst attacks which has the tendency of really working. The single shot option doesn't float with me very well. With the suppressor on the P90 it gives me little to no recoil as I fire. Even at lvl 1 it feels as if it were at lvl 3.

Here's the strange thing about it though. You have your aim box. You'd think to aim the box about center area towards the head right? For me, if I aim with the bottom line of the box just right along the neck area, headshot every single time. So it feels like I have this reverse recoil. Not going up, but it goes down. I don't know if others do that or anything but it works for me every time.

And...boxmove skills?
As someone who is insane I view every weapon as a pistol with an increasingly larger number of chances to dominate :lol

I dunno, since the patch I've just been doing box related stuff.

Box Move is a new skill, if you look at your skill list you have two ????'s listed. One is a skill you unlock by waking up like 50 teammates, which you can then equip and level up by waking even more teammates with the result being fewer taps to wake someone.

OR you can be a real hero and unlock the box move skill by spending an hour since the patch/update in a box. The boxmove skill makes you run faster while in a box. I've basically spent all my MGO time today unlocking and leveling it, (elastic band rigged Sixaxis for running on the spot in a corner ftw) should be level 3 soon. Level 1 doesn't really make that big a difference, but level 2 is a huuuuuggeee difference.

Also both these skills take up real/red skill slots, they are NOT 1 slot support skills. Boxmove 3 will only be for the true heroes.

LowParry

Hrm. Maybe I'll drop running down to lvl 1 instead of 2. Or just drop it entirely. I'll have to debate that one. Lvl 2 SMG's and Lvl 2 Trapping sounds tempting. Damn all these options. :lol

Ilparazzo

Nozdeuce said:
OR you can be a real hero and unlock the box move skill by spending an hour since the patch/update in a box. The boxmove skill makes you run faster while in a box. I've basically spent all my MGO time today unlocking and leveling it, (elastic band rigged Sixaxis for running on the spot in a corner ftw) should be level 3 soon. Level 1 doesn't really make that big a difference, but level 2 is a huuuuuggeee difference.

I got Halfway through level 2 yesterday, just some more ps3 ignoring and it should be mastered.

EDIT: In my experience, trickster isn't a necessary skill, even though you get to pt traps down faster, it just takes up a slot that you could use for something more useful.

Indeed

Alrighty

Gonna try to purchase the Genepack again.

Is it nessacary to put in all your personal information in the CreditCard window? I really hate doing that :S

Ilparazzo

THey say they change the blocking ranges every hour, but I'm always getting the maintenence screen, I'm starting to think I will actually get to play Diablo 3 first
Weak joke revisited

Edit: Yeah, I got there through the official site but it doesn't work anyway...

I already mentioned this in the MGO Update thread, but I might as well do it here, too:

slughterking said:
Maybe its just my imagination, but is it possible the update deactivated the ENVG for TSNE missions? I could swear I have not seen one single ENVG today.

Killthee noticed the same and it would be cool to hear some more people on this issue. It would be a pretty big deal and totally awesome, if Konami really decided to turn this thing off. <3

Ilparazzo

Indeed said:
Nah my IP is still blocked.

I wonder if reseting my router and Inet connection would change anything.

I dont think that would solve anything but try it anyway, I think that their ranges always end or start with my IP because I never get to get in...

Dave1988

HOLY LOL.

Great job, KONAMI.

You block half of Europe from the store and you can't even provide a decent service for the fortunate rest?

This is awesome!:lol

Indeed

Are you fucking shitting me Konami?

Finally the store lets me in, i have to punch in my password 4 times (had it on ctrl + v so no typos). At the fourth time the store gives me an a-ok. Now i select "gene pack" and the store times me out.

what?

Dave1988

Indeed said:

Finally the store lets me in, i have to punch in my password 4 times (had it on ctrl + v so no typos). At the fourth time the store gives me an a-ok. Now i select "gene pack" and the store times me out.

what?

:lol

I rest my case.

Ilparazzo

Indeed said:

what?

It happened to me yesterday too... Konami, I like your games but your online services suck.
And we are lucky since we can even dream of one day having it, not like dave...

Guled

Guled said:
alright, this is really retarded. I tried to buy this but then it said "TRANSACTION UNSUCCESFUL", but I still got charged and did not get the stuff. On top of that,I checked my transaction history and it shows I bought it and I don't have it. This is really stupid.
alright, I woke up this morning and it looks like I have it. I guess Konami fixed their issues now

Indeed

Guled said:
I guess Konami fixed their issues now

mgo.jpg

---

288yul3.gif

Ilparazzo

OMG the page is finally working for me! Please, please, please...

EDIT: I finally got past the login. Please please please...

EDIT 2: I just agreed to buy it.

EDIT 3:Just filled the data...

EDIT 4: JUST PRESSED BUY!!! PLEASE GOD WORK!

FINAL EDIT: IT'S DONE!! I DID IT! *fireworks*

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:
OMG the page is finally working for me! Please, please, please...

EDIT: I finally got past the login. Please please please...

EDIT 2: I just agreed to buy it.

OH GOD

F5 F5 F5!!

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:
Oh My god... I don't believe this... Now the damn PSN doesn't work! What's wrong with this planet???

Ahahahaha i cant believe it.

Still "maintenance" for me.

Did you fill in your personal information?

edit: OH SNAP I can login!!!

edi2: WHAT?? Now it redirects me to MyKonami?!

edit3: Jesus Christ its back to "Maintenance" again. Why do I have to endure this.

edit4: Alright Survival mode wont be available this Weekend anyway.

edit5: W00t i can login again!

edit6: Maintenance again. AAAAARAGAGHGAHGA.

Ilparazzo

Indeed said:

edit3: Jesus Christ its back to "Maintenance" again. Why do I have to endure this.

God konami sucks, is there anyone else who cant login to the PSN? This way I can't even see if I really have the expansion...

Oni Jazar

Indeed said:

Pretty much how the last two days have been for me as well.

Ilparazzo

Well, everything is A-ok for me now, gonna find me a box levelling server and go afk for some hours i guess. The new maps are too big...

Indeed

CcrooK said:
Can't you just create your own room for the box method?

Edit: And do you have to have the expansion?

Well you gotta have atleast 2 people in the room or else the skill wont levelup.

And you dont need the expansion. You got 2 new skills with the 1.10 patch. Just idle in your box for one hour to unlock the skill.

Flek

Banned
god i hate this shit... i dont think iam going to pay 13 euros for the update with this epic clusterfuck...eventhough i love playing mgo with gafers. But konami, seriously fuck you.

Ilparazzo

Flek said:
god i hate this shit... i dont think iam going to pay 13 euros for the update with this epic clusterfuck...eventhough i love playing mgo with gafers. But konami, seriously fuck you.

13 euros? Why are you buying gene plus for the extra character slot? I bought the normal 10 € expansion, couldn't care less about having another char. BTW the female chars are let's say... annoying? Every time they die is like:

female soldier: "SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
me: "MY EARS!"

And then my characters head explodes and it counts as a headshot...
But really, it's annoying

LowParry

Flek said:

:lol Even after the Konami ID issues, people said the same thing. And they still played.

Flek

Banned
CcrooK said:
:lol Even after the Konami ID issues, people said the same thing. And they still played.

well you know the worst thing is i might still buy it...at the moment iam not sure...gene or elefunk...but i might end up buying both. (god i hate this!!) ;)

Indeed

Flek said:
well you know the worst thing is i might still buy it...at the moment iam not sure...gene or elefunk...but i might end up buying both. (god i hate this!!) ;)

Download the Elefunk demo first. At first Elefunk was a sure buy, now im not so sure anymore. Too much trial and error for my taste.

Steroyd

Hey Euro guys I'm going to make an open room and everyone try and go on the red team, should I put it in the comments non clan members to go blue?

Ilparazzo

NOOOO! Half an hour away from box move mastery, and they decide to go into Maintenance? They really hate me... What I don't understand is why they don't talk about it in the site, the only Maintenance they have there is on the 5 am to 8 am (BST)

EDIT: you have to learn the way they give you periods of time:
"Due to the ongoing problems we will be carrying out emergency maintenance work on the server between 16:00 07/17/2008 (BST)"

Wow, between 16? :lol

EDIT EDIT: Unless they mean 17 to 20 (BST) which means It'll be a long time until I get my box move mastery...

Top Bottom