• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
davepoobond said:
i'm doing peer-to-peer.

I'm going to play actively -- I just hooked up my PS3 again after moving, so I should be getting back into the game.

when are the usual meet-ups?
Excellent. Hook me a a PSN invite (Nozdeuce) there's usually always at least someone playing. Nightly the peak hours are usually between 9pm EST - 3am EST and even later. Be sure to add Neogaf clannies to your MGO friends list as you see them, and check the clan page/roster to see who's on where

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Nozdeuce said:
Excellent. Hook me a a PSN invite (Nozdeuce) there's usually always at least someone playing. Nightly the peak hours are usually between 9pm EST - 3am EST and even later. Be sure to add Neogaf clannies to your MGO friends list as you see them, and check the clan page/roster to see who's on where

alright. i'll be on as soon as i get this god damn update :p

HTTP is no better, its about the same speed. I'm going back to peer-to-peer, it seems to be at 75% already

So can I buy this yet or not, I have not checked in a while. If it wasn't for TDK I would be going insane wanting to play this, but I am fine discussing the movie at the moment.

Nozdeuce

MiamiWesker said:
So can I buy this yet or not, I have not checked in a while. If it wasn't for TDK I would be going insane wanting to play this, but I am fine discussing the movie at the moment.
Does knowing the merger is about to begin help any? I'll be posting my list in a few

clicky for mgo store

Zann

Neo Member
Ephemeris said:
I love the vista map. Awesome sniping map PLUS the binoculars are actually *very* useful here. And Kirby.. you will always be my first..
..the first person I ever mortared :D
Though the time that 1st Strike sniped me from afar only to have the rocket fall on his head was pretty memorable too :lol

Here's to you

225px-Soldier_firing_M224_60mm_mortar.jpg

Lol, that was my first time playing on the new maps so I had no idea where I was going. After I heard 1stStrike get killed, I went out the house to get revenge and then KABOOM I got mortared. That was really unexpected. And then when it was just you and me, I stood no chance at all as you kept sniping me down. Never again will I face you 1 on 1. :lol

Nozdeuce said:
Does knowing the merger is about to begin help any? I'll be posting my list in a few

clicky for mgo store

Still no expansion. Shop is down atm. But when its up, it says I have to be playing game (logged in) to purchase... Is this happening to anyone else? I access via MGO main menu before I choose my character.

Glad to hear the merger is finally happening.

Ephemeris

Zann said:
Lol, that was my first time playing on the new maps so I had no idea where I was going. After I heard 1stStrike get killed, I went out the house to get revenge and then KABOOM I got mortared. That was really unexpected. And then when it was just you and me, I stood no chance at all as you kept sniping me down. Never again will I face you 1 on 1. :lol

Yeah, my first time too; but man, you were one dodging machine! :lol

Nozdeuce

North America MGO GAF Clan Merge List

I created the following lists by going through the stats of every member of all three North America NeoGAF clans. I was not looking for kills/deaths, high ratios or other indicators of skill. A higher overall time played does not help you in anyway, I am looking for the people who are the most active, not the people who played the most as of 3 weeks ago. Everyone is on equal footing be it you have 5 hours total played with 3 of them all this week, or 100 overall with 2 this week.

First the list of current VanillaGAF members who survive the great Purge Merge. (All lists are by MGO Character Name)
  • AkuMifune
  • Capt. Gotoh
  • Carlos-GAF
  • davepoobond
  • Downplay
  • Evilore
  • Flo
  • Freeman
  • Guled
  • Human_shield
  • Kairu
  • Killthee
  • ktallguy
  • lunlunqq
  • MemoryCell
  • MickeyKnox
  • nooreo
  • Nozdeuce
  • PaiPai
  • stephendedalus
  • Teknoman
  • Wesker
  • Whoaness
  • Xintin
  • zyzyx
  • hulot
  • Bajan32
  • Kirby08

This next list is of FoxUnit members that hopefully over the next little while we can get switched over:
  • Ephemeris
  • -FOXD!E-
  • 1stStrike
  • BEAT CRUSADER
  • Covertshinobi
  • Pho3nix
  • RyanardoDaVinchi
  • sallokin
  • Shagg187
  • Shinz Kicker
  • Ssyn
  • johnfkennedy
  • longmeat
  • xBerserker

This next list is of FrogUnit members:
  • BIGxBOSS
  • RoboPlato
  • Solid_Bulla564

This final list is of Fox and FrogUnit members who provided they are still active should seek employment with VanillaGAF:
  • IamMattFox
  • JackReacher
  • Jazar
  • MetalMurphy
  • NeoUltima
  • Swedgen
  • YungMike
  • Bistromathics
  • Freedom = $1.05
  • g_jerk
  • joeinnit
  • B.Wayne
  • Duo VII
  • KGKK
  • OatmealMu
  • Ploid
  • Swiftmotionz
  • The Jok3r

I have completed mailing and removing everyone who needed to be. Please keep in mind not all people who get invited will be joining us, some have no doubt moved on. There is definitely a chance to get in/back in, just play. Let us know you're playing, play with us, post here, become one of the regulars
Let the airing of grievances commence! :lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Guled said:
why don't we start using the clan rooms after the merge is complete
For chat?

They added swimming :D
Found this out accidentally with Flo while trying to save my ass from getting shot.

TombofTubes_4-1.jpg

TombofTubes_3-1.jpg

TombofTubes_2-1.jpg

TombofTubes_1-1.jpg

TombofTubes-1.jpg

Nozdeuce

I think we should move new GAF hosted games to Mei Ling, Rosemary keeps getting filled up too now.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
davepoobond said:
i dont quite understand the merging thing... :p why is it happening?
There's a core group of us who are consistently online, but its kind of a pain in the ass to meet up because we're spread out between three clans. If we merge the clans we'll have a easier time setting up games and finding each other via one clan roster instead of searching for gaf and looking at three rosters and we'll have a clan in the top ten activeness rankings once again (Fox is currently 13, Vanilla is 17).

Ilparazzo

Assembly Required said:
Still no expansion. Shop is down atm. But when its up, it says I have to be playing game (logged in) to purchase... Is this happening to anyone else? I access via MGO main menu before I choose my character.

It does say that but, it isn't true, you can just just buy the expansion through the pc without any issue or without being logged in, I'm thinking what they meant by that is that you need to be sure you have the game or something like that.

Steroyd

Facism said:
yeh the more we play together the better. When Dun joined in that U.U game we were cohesive.

Need to get some tactical practice in and maybe organise a scrim with another clan soon.

A good way to do that, is to set up an open room and tell everyone who isn't a clan member to join a certain colour in the comments section,

It can work, because I jumped into suchj a room, they told every non-clan member to join the red team, and a few Gaffers hopped on to, closest thing to a clan battle.

Should try and set such a room later this evening.

Ilparazzo

YOU KNOW NOT OF THIS? When you reach lvl 3 you get box tackle, by pressing X the guy runs fast leaving a red trail behind taking apart everything in his path! (except a rolling drum) Although it doesn't deplete enemies fatigue it is awesome to look at and use, I've used it to go against a guy, he got tossed in the air and then i got out of the box and shot him while he was down. IT'S ABSURDLY GOOD!

Ilparazzo said:
It does say that but, it isn't true, you can just just buy the expansion through the pc without any issue or without being logged in, I'm thinking what they meant by that is that you need to be sure you have the game or something like that.

Gotcha, I wish I'd had thought of that a long time. Thanks.

Nozdeuce

Indeed said:
TACKLE BOX??!!
Masterfully done :lol

You ever get to watching the 1up show on your PS3? No ethernet cable? You clearly have a router, so why not just PS3's wifi?

That sounds so awesome Ilparazzo, I still haven't mastered it yet :( Soooo close

Indeed

Nozdeuce said:
Masterfully done :lol

You ever get to watching the 1up show on your PS3? No ethernet cable? You clearly have a router, so why not just PS3's wifi?

That sounds so awesome Ilparazzo, I still haven't mastered it yet :( Soooo close

Im connecting my PS3 via wifi to the internet. Problem is I cant use filefront on my ps3 browser (immediatly cancels the download).

When I use this link http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168878 the browser just buffers for ages. Id just like to download it on my ps3 and play it via the movie"tool".

I could just download it on my pc and transfer it on my ps3 yes, but it dont have a lan..cord here since my pc and laptop are connected to the internet via wifi too. Only other solution would be to use a usbstick. But my usbstick only holds 300megs i think and my mp3 player (witch holds 4 gigs) isnt recognized by the ps3 as a mass storage device.

Also i want boxlevel 3 now!

edit:

Another thing.
Looking at the http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327535 thread. most of the people bitching there havent even posted once in this thread here. Do they even play the game or just dick around?

Ilparazzo

Indeed said:
Im connecting my PS3 via wifi to the internet. Problem is I cant use filefront on my ps3 browser (immediatly cancels the download).

When I use this link http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168878 the browser just buffers for ages. Id just like to download it on my ps3 and play it via the movie"tool".

I could just download it on my pc and transfer it on my ps3 yes, but it dont have a lan..cord here since my pc and laptop are connected to the internet via wifi too. Only other solution would be to use a usbstick. But my usbstick only holds 300megs i think and my mp3 player (witch holds 4 gigs) isnt recognized by the ps3 as a mass storage device.

edit:

Another thing.
Looking at the http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327535 thread. most of the people bitching there havent even posted once in this thread here. Do they even play the game or just dick around?

Hmmm... Wasn't there a way to stream videos from your pc to the ps3 via wifi? I think I actually saw it working once but I can't remember, i don't use any of that since I have a 1 TB external...

I'm guessing those people might not even know about this thread or maybe they just play too little and think they are not Gaf material.

Ilparazzo

Indeed said:
We are just too cool.

Indeed.

I am ready to share some skill mastery numbers knowledge with you guys:

To master surveyor you need about 500-600 kills with auto-aim. (knife doesn't count)

To master box move you need the 1st hour to unlock by sitting in the box, I think 2 hours moving around to get level 2 and 3 or 4 hours to get level 3.

To master quick recovery I do not know yet (only lvl 1) but, after the 50 teammate revives to unlock, i have got 50 more and the skill bar is only at halfway to lvl 2 so I'm guessing 100, if that is true then maybe a 150 or 200 revives to get to lvl 3. (and I am thinking that even though you need to revive teammates to unlock it, you can use enemies to level it)

To master knife about 70 kills go all the way up to lvl 3.

These are the only ones I can say nunbers about right now by checking the personal stats page and my own experience.

Oni Jazar

FYI username: Jazar. Currently in Fox unit. I'm still alive and play every day. Just bought the expansion pack before going to bed.

Oni Jazar

The last 6 messages on the MGO online news section is: "We would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused." Talk about a fumble. Sorry to hear people are still having problems logging in. Just keep checking the MGO store on your PC every hour or so and you will get it!

Ilparazzo

God Dave, I know you're angry about the expansion shit but you have to pay attention to the training server rules... Relax guy.

EDIT: If anyone wants to train quick recovery, I put up a server in otacon called revive with the pass "foxy" but follow the rules of the ppl in it.

bovo

Might as well join in with the can't get into the store moaning. Got to enter my password once, before got a time out and maintenance screen re-appeared...

The other nights Euro Team Sneak was first time I'd played that mode by the way. I only meant to drop in for a round to see what was happening, and then got host passed straight to me - and was then forced to remain playing :lol

Hence the fact that the rest of the team had to spend half the match reviving me... Good for new skill at least...

LowParry

Expansion success! That was pretty painless to. Took me a whole minute and it went very smoothly. The wife shall be happy to have her female character now. Even at the expense of losing her 500 points from her other character.

Indeed

CcrooK said:
Expansion success! That was pretty painless to. Took me a whole minute and it went very smoothly. The wife shall be happy to have her female character now. Even at the expense of losing her 500 points from her other character.

Speaking of points. Im at 520 now. Do you get 10 points per day?

BeeDog

I've had the application on the European GAF clan for like a month now. Damnit Seiken, when are you going to accept me into the clan? :D

LowParry

Indeed said:
Speaking of points. Im at 520 now. Do you get 10 points per day?

Why yes, I do have 520. Interesting. I thought it was from one map the other day that I took first place in over all. Hrm.

Anyway. That sewers map is dark. It's kinda hard to play it and a map you can't just go out and solo. Groups with that map are awesome. If you do solo, sneak like crazy and take your hide points of camping (lame).

Indeed

BeeDog said:
I've had the application on the European GAF clan for like a month now. Damnit Seiken, when are you going to accept me into the clan? :D

Apply to the WaspUnit if you want Gaffage. Seiken doesnt play anymore.

Top Bottom