• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Ilparazzo said:
NOOOO! Half an hour away from box move mastery, and they decide to go into Maintenance? They really hate me... What I don't understand is why they don't talk about it in the site, the only Maintenance they have there is on the 5 am to 8 am (BST)

EDIT: you have to learn the way they give you periods of time:
"Due to the ongoing problems we will be carrying out emergency maintenance work on the server between 16:00 07/17/2008 (BST)"

Wow, between 16? :lol

EDIT EDIT: Unless they mean 17 to 20 (BST) which means It'll be a long time until I get my box move mastery...
This intrigues me, did they really not list an end time? :lol
Edit: I'm retarded

Indeed

Gameservers are still down. Shouldnt have skipped going to town today <.<
Oh well could anyone post in this thread as soon as the servers are up again?

panda21

Emergency Maintenance on MGO
Emergency maintenance will be held between 05:00-08:00 (BST) on 18/07/2008. Please note that the community support site will be unavailable during the above times.

its still down afaik : (

Ilparazzo

Indeed said:
Gameservers are still down. Shouldnt have skipped going to town today <.<
Oh well could anyone post in this thread as soon as the servers are up again?

Just a half hour more deed, I just wish I could play when they open up, it's a shame really... Can't even put the box running against the wall this time since like always there is the problem of the one tv for 2 people.

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:
Just a half hour more deed, I just wish I could play when they open up, it's a shame really... Can't even put the box running against the wall this time since like always there is the problem of the one tv for 2 people.

Your bro blocking the tv?

Ilparazzo

Indeed said:
Your bro blocking the tv?

Nah my bro is living happily 40 Km away from here, it's my mom and her stories and it only got worse when we got that box thingie that records TV, and that's one of the reasons wanted to move out when I got in the University :p

Anyways, if you want to know when the servers are online use the community page or the official site they indicate the status on the top-right corner.

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:
Nah my bro is living happily 40 Km away from here, it's my mom and her stories and it only got worse when we got that box thingie that records TV, and that's one of the reasons wanted to move out when I got in the University :p

Anyways, if you want to know when the servers are online use the community page or the official site they indicate the status on the top-right corner.

Yup, got it tabbed.

Right now im trying to download the 1upShow on my PS3 but somehow that task seems to be impossible. Of course i could download it on my pc and transfer it but my ps3 doesnt recognize my mp3 player as a usb stick. So thats impossible. Oh what to do.

Ilparazzo

WOW, it still isn't up? amazing. Almost as amazing as me getting a view of my community page profile by "no name" and no name isn't even a player because you can't select it or anything, AMAZING.

EDIT: Oh wait, I know what it is, it's one of Dunpeal's views I forgot he erased his character, that's less awesome. But still, I noticed that a lot of people have me on their friends list, strange since I haven't even talked to most of them, still no one of them cares enough to send hate mail like you guys get...

soldier.png

Indeed

Ilparazzo said:
WOW, it still isn't up? amazing. Almost as amazing as me getting a view of my community page profile by "no name" and no name isn't even a player because you can't select it or anything, AMAZING.

server_stop.jpg

Steroyd

Do you have to re-input your credit card details into the Konami store? :|

I might not buy it, till they put it on the PS Store if they put it on the PS store, quite amazing that Sony lets Konami do the hell what they want with MGO.

15 minutes away from S plug, why server maintenance WHY!?

Oni Jazar

MiamiWesker said:
Konami hates me, I guess I will never get to buy this... :(

You and me both brother. I've been at work refreshing the mgo store on the PC and have never even gotten to the main screen. It's always,

"We regret to inform you that the site is currently busy due to high level of traffic creating difficulties in logging in.
We would like to recommend that you try again at a different time.
We would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused in the meantime."

Ilparazzo

panda21 said:
damn it! i got booted off at like 5 and its 10 now : (

That's right, They must be doing some absurd maintenance since they didn't even warn us with time or posted it in the site and are taking 5 hours on it...

Ephemeris

Oni Jazar said:
You and me both brother. I've been at work refreshing the mgo store on the PC and have never even gotten to the main screen. It's always,

"We regret to inform you that the site is currently busy due to high level of traffic creating difficulties in logging in.
We would like to recommend that you try again at a different time.
We would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused in the meantime."

Yup. Same for me. I almost don't want to play the damn thing anymore.

Nozdeuce

Ilparazzo said:

EDIT: Oh wait, I know what it is, it's one of Dunpeal's views I forgot he erased his character, that's less awesome. But still, I noticed that a lot of people have me on their friends list, strange since I haven't even talked to most of them, still no one of them cares enough to send hate mail like you guys get...
Man, you EuroGAF are nice. While everyone was downloading the patch Killthee, 1stStrike, Ephemeris and I were all PSN messaging each other back and forth bragging about download progress. The abuse was great :lol

Facism

Ilparazzo said:
still no one of them cares enough to send hate mail like you guys get...

Same :< :<

bubububu my Kill - Death ratio :p

God Quarterback is awesome. It's nearly level 3 now, and lvl2 only takes 1 slot. Love being abel to stun from one building to the other in U.U :D

Ilparazzo

6 hours and counting that is some awesome unscheduled maintenance, and up till now not even a I'm sorry for the inconvenience, these guys are just great.

Nozdeuce

WasabiKing said:
so, with the world tourney announced, is it clan merging time?
Sounds like a plan to me, I'll review my list of shufflee's. Think at last count I have to axe like 20 people.

Edit: We should also be sure to do an NAGAF game this week :lol

Guled

Nozdeuce said:
Sounds like a plan to me, I'll review my list of shufflee's. Think at last count I have to axe like 20 people.

Edit: We should also be sure to do an NAGAF game this week :lol
This is the weekend of Dark Knight, so some people might not be available. But as long as its not sunday afternoon, I'm down

itxaka

Defeatist
fuck this, i´m not expending one more minute with the stupid konami monkeys.

Now it says that I have to confirm my email. I already confirmed it before. I change the address to get a new confirmation email and still nothing.

Fuck konami.

EDIT: IT¨S WORKING OMGOMGOMG

EDIT2: No entropay support? wtf :(

EDIT3: Used my visa card, finally it worked uhuuuuu! Thanks for nothing konami!

Nozdeuce

I'm hosting a game with the new expansion maps

NeoGAF on Mei Ling
password: believe

Just team deathmatch and base until my router melts

Zann

Neo Member
Just when I was planning to take a break from the game, the website decided to let me in. And I finally bought the expansion pack. Hooray! I'll have to test it out later though since I'm currently in a box room. :lol

Facism

so then, after a good hour and half scrimming with my wasp unit buddies, i decided to buy the expansion.

Except, the store only accepts credit cards, so me, who refuses CC and sticks with Debit cards, is unable to buy the pack. What the hell. This isn't 1995. Most places except Debit Cards online. The damn PSN accepts debit cards.

Jaahbulon Christ.

dazed808

Facism said:
so then, after a good hour and half scrimming with my wasp unit buddies, i decided to buy the expansion.

Except, the store only accepts credit cards, so me, who refuses CC and sticks with Debit cards, is unable to buy the pack. What the hell. This isn't 1995. Most places except Debit Cards online. The damn PSN accepts debit cards.

Jaahbulon Christ.

I had the same problem mate. Got a prepaid Prime card from local newsagents - mastercard - def works as I got the Exp earlier (UK btw)

Facism

what's the minimum i can put on it?

[edit] bollocks to that. £3 top-up fee and minimum topup of £10. They can stick that £3 up their bellends.

dazed808

I put £20 on and they charged me £3 setup fee - after that think if you register the card you can add whenever you want for a 2% transaction fee from any shop that takes Paypoint

dazed808

Facism said:
cheers for letting me know about that option. Appreciated, but i won't be using it.
No probs - didnt want to use it myself but didnt wanna miss out and couldnt find any other option - fuckin konami shop bollox

Facism

dazed808 said:
No probs - didnt want to use it myself but didnt wanna miss out and couldnt find any other option - fuckin konami shop bollox

btw you dazed that played earlier? i'm Live_Feed :D

dazed808

Yep thats me - i'm usually last!
Good to play with more Eurogaffers tho know im not up to standard but too many twats out there so if i stick with you lot it's always a good game:D

Facism

yeh the more we play together the better. When Dun joined in that U.U game we were cohesive.

Need to get some tactical practice in and maybe organise a scrim with another clan soon.

eLGee

Fuck Konami for not letting me buy the expansion pack. Seriously. What the hell is wrong with my card? It works everywhere else.

Ephemeris

I love the vista map. Awesome sniping map PLUS the binoculars are actually *very* useful here. And Kirby.. you will always be my first..
..the first person I ever mortared :D
Though the time that 1st Strike sniped me from afar only to have the rocket fall on his head was pretty memorable too :lol

Here's to you

225px-Soldier_firing_M224_60mm_mortar.jpg

Guled

Ephemeris said:
I love the vista map. Awesome sniping map PLUS the binoculars are actually *very* useful here. And Kirby.. you will always be my first..
..the first person I ever mortared :D
Though the time that 1st Strike sniped me from afar only to have the rocket fall on his head was pretty memorable too :lol

Here's to you
narc 3 + motor is very useful, more so when you have a sniper covering you

Bajan32

Fuck You Konami...
been trying to buy this god damn expansion for 2 nights now...
got as far as choosing Gene Expansion then it craps out...
havent been able to get back in the store since then...

Good Job on MGS4 KojiPro...
but FUCK KONAMI!!!!

I cant believe how god damn stupid they have handled MGO from the beta on.
Fucking clusterfuck from the start.

Seriously it aint right that everyone who wants to buy this expansion cant even do so.
Jesus I'm usually well reserved but this is seriously pissing me off.

Ephemeris

Guled said:
narc 3 + motor is very useful, more so when you have a sniper covering you

Indeed. Sadly I never leveled that -_-

Bajan32 said:
Fuck You Konami...

but FUCK KONAMI!!!!

Seriously it aint right that everyone who wants to buy this expansion cant even do so.
I understand where you're coming from. :lol

Nozdeuce

Bajan32 said:
Fuck You Konami...

but FUCK KONAMI!!!!

So while we have you around, apply to VanillaGAF :lol

Edit: should we get our merge on Ephemeris?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i'm trying to download the fucking patch but its taking forfuckingever to do it. its barely even half way done.

how big is this file? 2 gigs? fuck! it says i'm going at least 240kb/s

Nozdeuce

davepoobond said:
i'm trying to download the fucking patch but its taking forfuckingever to do it. its barely even half way done.

how big is this file? 2 gigs? fuck! it says i'm going at least 240kb/s
You doing BT? Most of us met with better success doing HTTP. Also are you going to be playing more actively now?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Nozdeuce said:
You doing BT? Most of us met with better success doing HTTP. Also are you going to be playing more actively now?

i'm doing peer-to-peer.

I'm going to play actively -- I just hooked up my PS3 again after moving, so I should be getting back into the game.

when are the usual meet-ups?

Bajan32

Sorry for my meltdown..but god damn this is FAIL:EPIC:FAIL if ive ever seen it.

I swear i almost tossed my controller...that hasnt happened in years...only thing that stopped me was the fact that my console and tv cost so god damn much..didnt wanna break either.

Application sent to vanilla.
I just wanted to play w/ new stuff =/

going to drop a couple movies off..bbs

Top Bottom