• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Ilparazzo

Nozdeuce said:
I already have :lol

I'm currently hosting a box idling server; Pewpew on S.Mantis password: ps3ftw
(currently set for 19 more 99 minute rounds, dunno how long I'll leave it up for)

Ephemeris, 1stStrike and Killthee are all hanging out with me :D

I would join you if I could but, *insert usual region lock bitching*.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Indeed said:
Alright downloading the update. (0.00935kbs!!!!!!)

The Genepack is ONLY available on the Konamistore right?
Yeah, you can only purchase it from the piece of shit site that is the Konami MGO Shop. The content is downloaded in the 1.10 patch.

Indeed

Killthee said:
Yeah, you can only purchase it from the piece of shit site that is the Konami MGO Shop. The content is downloaded in the 1.10 patch.

sadpanda2.gif
=)
Thanks.
Also everyone use HTTP not peer to peer while downloading. Its MUCH faster (thanks ilparazzo for the hint :D)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Assembly Required said:
how are the new maps?..
I wouldn't know, the shitty shop keeps crashing. Nobody has a game up with the new maps, about 2 hours ago, in OTACON with 550 people online, only one person had a server with the new maps. 1 Person.... Ugh.

SumGamer

Shalashaska_BR said:
I think it is, the MGO shop does not accept my VISA... I even tried a virtual credit card with no success, even though it works on the PS Store.

Please don't tell me it's Entropay.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
For those of you in NAGAF who want to unlock the Box Skill, drop by NeoGAF:BoxUnit on S.Mantis password: believe

The new Box skill allows you to run faster while in your box. To unlock it you have to have spent an hour in a box since the patch.Once you unlock it you have to equip it and level it up like any other skill, presumably by running around in a box

Rounds are 99 minutes, weapons are restricted and you won't get kicked for idling, so just go AFK for a round or something.

edit: my router is melting, i needs a break from hosting, sorry :(

Ilparazzo

Indeed said:
sadpanda2.gif
=)
Thanks.
Also everyone use HTTP not peer to peer while downloading. Its MUCH faster (thanks ilparazzo for the hint :D)

If you look in some of the older posts you'll see that it was killthee who told me the same thing :p

Nozdeuce

Killthee said:
Got it from Noz : P
I live to serve. So I got my MacGyver'd elastic band Sixaxis (dont want to hurt my DS3) auto-box-run thing working. Pretty simple technique, get yourself and your box into a corner, run towards it, loop the elastic over the stick from the side the stick is pointing towards. You want this end of the elastic band to be taught, wrap the rest of the slack elastic band around the controller vertically as many times as needed(need to keep this part mostly slack) and then look over the stick on the opposite direction. If done correctly the taught side of the band should keep you running in the original direction while the slack end keeps the elastic in place. Make sense?
I've been up all night and haven't slept yet, if anyone else wants to explain better, be my guest

Facism said:
who'd he get it from? :p
Me :(

Oni Jazar

BT was slow as hell so I switched to HTTP and downloaded it 10x as fast. Now I can't log into their website. :( Damnit Konami buy some servers!

At least this means that MGO is healthy.

Also, I love the new rewards system!

Facism

Bamihap said:
Throwdown + stabby stab stab != death anymore... WTF!!!

m14 price went up from 750 to 3000!! :D

yeh i found that. Autoaim didn't even lock me onto the downed (and unconscious) guy. Trying to throwdown + stunknife, sitting right on top of another, that didn't work and i got merc'd.

The XM8 is a beast now. Felt like shyte before patch, will be my main rifle in DB games post patch.

I like the score breakdown now. Shows the important Kills to deaths.

Nozdeuce

Paging Killthee and Human_Shield.

My internet imploded for a second, server is back up :( :)

edit: my connection died again, my router is definitely melting, no more hosting from me for a while, sorry guys :(

edit: just noticed you updated the gaf/psn/character list Ilparazzo, thanks!

Ilparazzo

Nozdeuce said:
Paging Killthee and Human_Shield.

My internet imploded for a second, server is back up :( :)

edit: my connection died again, my router is definitely melting, no more hosting from me for a while, sorry guys :(

edit: just noticed you updated the gaf/psn/character list Ilparazzo, thanks!

I never stop doing it my friend, it's my job and it's a work in progress.

I just need the two new skills now for the complete skill domination! And box move is easy as pie thanks to elastics and AFKs the other one is lamer but just 2 levels left :p

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
Ken Masters said:
does the update change any gameplay aspects or just prices and clan stuff?
There are changes. If you go and sneak in this tactical espionage action game you will get owned ever harder now.

Did i just call MGO Tactical espionage? lol

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
more mgo tournament news:

its now the top teams (probably 2 or 3) from each region that get to go to Japan. I can't believe how EPIC Konami is making this :D

edit: actually it could be left up to interpretation, they said "top teams from each region".

if i had to be honest with myself theyre probably talking about 1 team each ;___;

Guled

I think we have a really good chance to get into the finals (and Japan :D)

edit: If you look at the clan rankings at the mgo site, it looks like every clan is tied for first place :lol

Ilparazzo

Guled said:
I think we have a really good chance to get into the finals (and Japan :D)

edit: If you look at the clan rankings at the mgo site, it looks like every clan is tied for first place :lol

Not that the clan rankings you see mean anything... The only clan rankings we have are activeness rankings and that hardly represents the skill of a clan. I don't think the 300 hour 13 year old kids that play MGO can hold a candle to the fabled "nozdoucherie" for example (I say fabled because, for obvious reasons, I haven't seen it), or for example a clan with 64 guys compared to eurogaf that only has 38 or something but probably all much better than most of the 64 guys. The grade rankings will set things straight!
what the hell is grade?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Ilparazzo said:
Not that the clan rankings you see mean anything... The only clan rankings we have are activeness rankings and that hardly represents the skill of a clan. I don't think the 300 hour 13 year old kids that play MGO can hold a candle to the fabled "nozdoucherie" for example (I say fabled because, for obvious reasons, I haven't seen it), or for example a clan with 64 guys compared to eurogaf that only has 38 or something but probably all much better than most of the 64 guys. The grade rankings will set things straight!
what the hell is grade?
maybe they track our academia?

Guled

Temporary Closure of the MGO Shop
Due to the ongoing problems we will be carrying out emergency maintenance work on the server between 8:00 07/17/2008 (PDT). Please note that during this period, the MGO Shop will be temporarily closed. We would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused.
between what, when is it going to open

Ilparazzo

Oh my god! I could almost buy the damn thing! I see people making servers with it, they are blue and crap on the list... Why won't you take my money Konami WHY?

panda21

coppertown and tubes are a lot better than i was expecting.. both actually look very cool.

you can even swim underwater in tubes.

Top Bottom