• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
lol @ gorillas in enclosed spaces. They can only do one red attack at this point.
11921919693_3a7e9a98aa_b.jpg

I love the one with the robo-baby strapped to its chest.

Looks bonkers. I can just imagine the baby's crying serving as a telegraph for certain attacks.

joe2187

Banned
I've heard some people use the term, 'perfect parry,' what exactly does that mean?

When you time your parry at the moment of the attack would hit, raiden follows up with a counter-attack that does massive damage and causes stun and followup kill on most enemies.

So what happened with the drm thing earlier? I heard something about it having 3rd party drm but never checked back to see how it turned out. So does it have any drm from 3rd party?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So what happened with the drm thing earlier? I heard something about it having 3rd party drm but never checked back to see how it turned out. So does it have any drm from 3rd party?

It has none. The game shipped with a bug where Steam would not recognise offline mod, forcing the game to automatically boot if you lost a connection to their server. As far as I'm aware it's been fixed.

it wasn't drm, just a programming bug.

it was fixed in a update days ago.

It has none. The game shipped with a bug where Steam would not recognise offline mod, forcing the game to automatically boot if you lost a connection to their server. As far as I'm aware it's been fixed.

Yep

Blade Wolf is a hell of parry teacher. I just went like 20 something rounds with this dude and he pretty much drills it in you. Before that fight I wasn't really timing it right or at all.

I didn't even know you could parry the Gekko's bull rush. I'm thinking to myself "How do I get past that shit?" Then I get a light bulb mid fight and parry it and I'm like "Oh, shit" lol

That fight is epic and enlightening at the same time.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Blade Wolf is a hell of parry teacher. I just went like 20 something rounds with this dude and he pretty much drills it in you. Before that fight I wasn't really timing it right or at all.

I didn't even know you could parry the Gekko's bull rush. I'm thinking to myself "How do I get past that shit?" Then I get a light bulb mid fight and parry it and I'm like "Oh, shit" lol

If Blade Wolf is the parry teacher, then Sam is the final exam. Have fun >:)

Coinmonster

Just finished the game earlier this evening. What a fun ride. Great soundtrack as well. I was surprised that John Bush and Logan Mader were listed in the music credits. I haven't heard those names in ages.

Volcynika

Well, I found all 5 MiBs and it didn't unlock for me!

Have you completed a mission since (not just jumped around)? I know the ones for unlocking all VR missions and one for getting all data storage things don't actually trigger until you complete a mission. Was a bit surprised and I thought the VR one was bugged!

Since you beat it, pick Story at the main menu. Should be the bottom two options after that selection.
Ah, thanks for that :)

If you're going based on the save game timer, it only counts your gameplay time and your "best" gameplay time despite any retries. Not saying it's a long game... it's fairly short because Platinum didn't have a ton of time to make it, but it might have taken you more than 5:20.
Well, my Steam counter says 8 hours, which still isn't terribly long. I've been sitting longer at The Wonderful 101 and I don't think I'm even halfway through the game.

Platinum had very little time to make this game. First it was in development hell over at KojiPro then it got switched to Platinum while they were working on their own projects.
Ah, that explains that at least.

I'm still blown away by the outcome of this game. The combat is so good and the music is fantastic.
Yeah seriously, the soundtrack really is fun-fucking-tastic.

It's not a crazy long game or anything, but the in-game timer doesn't really show your total game time since it doesn't count things like cutscenes or multiple attempts on levels (as far as I know). Steam would probably be more accurate.
Yeah, as written above: 8 hours. I didn't die that often (less than 10 times, maybe even less than 5) but I did leave the game on idle once for an hour or so.

There should be a MGR2. Seriously.

EDIT: People have problems getting parrying to work?
I use my 360 gamepad and basically just spammed X and pushed the stick towards the attacking enemy and was able to block pretty much everything as long as I reacted fast enough.
I guess parrying may be a bit more difficult with M/KB controls, because of WASD? Never even touched keyboard controls, ugh.

Finished. Man, Armstrong...

First few times I died because I couldn't remember his attacks but once that shit came back to me I went beast mode with offensive defense. It's always great to see a boss that has hit stun. Gonna fly through normal for collectibles and whatnot then move onto the DLC

Rnr1224

Is the codec achievement bugged as well? I went through all of the codecs but didn't get the achievement. I fast forwarded through them all if that would make a difference.

Volcynika

Is the codec achievement bugged as well? I went through all of the codecs but didn't get the achievement. I fast forwarded through them all if that would make a difference.

Apparently someone or some people have it according to the stats but not sure if it's legit for em. Though who knows, maybe it's also only triggered on completing a mission.

Good man. I have no idea how people encounter or get past Blade Wolf without understanding the parry mechanic.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

There's like 500 something total codecs in the game. To get the trophy you have to listen to 400 of them. At least that's how it worked on console.

Fast forward doesn't matter

Jintor

This game is definitive proof that human sized bosses are almost always the way to go.

Fuck you, giant bosses. Give me a vaguely humanoid sized opponent every time.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The codec achievement has to be done EVERY. CHECK. POINT.

Open the codec up and go through EVERYONE available to you until they repeat the same line at least 1-3 times.

Once you've done that, move to the next checkpoint. Rinse and repeat.

You should get the achievement by like... Chapter 5 or 6.

Grief.exe

You counter-attack. A riposte, if you will.

Raiden instantly follows up with an underswing counter attack that most of the time will instantly put the enemy in execution state.

When you time your parry at the moment of the attack would hit, raiden follows up with a counter-attack that does massive damage and causes stun and followup kill on most enemies.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=96659879&postcount=3266

Basically if you perform a regular parry, it's just a regular block, but if you time it perfectly (the moment an attack is about to strike Raiden), Raiden will perform a follow up slash. This will do huge damage and potentially stun them for a QTE Zandatsu.

Thanks guys! I will try to time them up a bit later.

Actually Monsoon is the final; Sam is the refresher course.

I actually did very well against Monsoon on hard, I think I used one paste against him on my first try.

Just about to fight sundowner.

Grief.exe

This game is definitive proof that human sized bosses are almost always the way to go.

Fuck you, giant bosses. Give me a vaguely humanoid sized opponent every time.

Shadow of the Collosus is proof that both styles can be compelling in their own ways.

Rnr1224

The codec achievement has to be done EVERY. CHECK. POINT.

Open the codec up and go through EVERYONE available to you until they repeat the same line at least 1-3 times.

Once you've done that, move to the next checkpoint. Rinse and repeat.

You should get the achievement by like... Chapter 5 or 6.
Do it have to be done in game or can it be done from the main menu?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Shadow of the Collosus is proof that both styles can be compelling in their own ways.

I think giant bosses are good if you and them exist in the same plane/space.(like sotc)

I don't like giant fights where they're in the background or something and you're on a platform stubbing their fingers when they stick their hand out.

basically Bael and Berial yes, The Savior no.

Do you know how to "block?" Push in the direction of an incoming attack, and attack yourself. There's a generous timing window for it. You'll neutralize their force with your own and likely stagger your enemy, as well.

Thanks. Yeah I have no problem blocking at all.

I think I'm getting frustrated because I'm trying to attack parry everything. Regular attacks don't seem to do much, or I feel like I'm not succeeding or doing it right unless I'm constantly getting attack parries.

Jintor

And Kamiya is proof that both styles can coexist in the same game.

S'all about the execution.

A couple of the bosses in bayonetta are okay. The first one - iustia? Is really fun. But the next two aren't as good.

Leviathan or whatever the one you fight in the ocean is great though

Grief.exe

You can perfect party bullets? The depth of mechanics in this game is fucking insane.

This game is going to have me ready for Dark Souls II. I will be on point with my parries when that launches.

Top Bottom