• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
The camera isn't so bad if you crack up the sensitivity to 8, 9 or 10. At that point it's so easy to spin the camera with the mouse that if it screws up just jerk your mouse to re position it. The benefit of that is unlike the console version where you basically have to stop attacking to re position the camera, with M+KB you can fix it while continuing like normal!

Also I might consider recording a small clip about how to tackle the boulders as easily as possible tonight. They're really not so bad once you get how they really work. It's not very strict, also there are a few things you can do like if it's vertical instead of adjusting the mouse just move the blade mode position up and down with W and S.

Oh yeah, I forgot. To start the DLC story modes, do you just pick new game (whichever DLC you want to start)? And that doesn't delete all your progress with Raiden?

Yep, picking a New Game for the DLCs won't affect your progress with Raiden. It's safe, customizations and all. I just tested it out, having finished the game on Normal, used New Game twice for Sam and Blade Wolf and then going back to Raiden again for a Hard playthrough via the Chapters method from the Prologue.

Gbraga

fucking raptors and their electrical balls, fuck their balls.

9a5nxsenkt.gif

If it's what I think it is, just get used to the window where the stun thing hits you and use offensive defense to completely avoid it.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Everyone should forget MGS4 Raiden, just like MGS4 forgot MGS2 Raiden.

Naw, Rising actually acknowledges 2 quite a bit and feels more in line with his character than 4 did. 4 was...I don't know what 4 was.
edit: Unless you're saying to forget 4 and acknowledge 2 in which case I agree >_>

How did you do that? I'd love to pull that off.

Since MGS2 Raiden was always pretty strong. He destroyed 12 Metal Gear Rays for crying out loud lol. People seem to purposely forget that and bash Raiden.

20, not 12!

Holy shit.

I don't think Very Hard is for me, that is insanity.

RAY gets much much harder on Very Hard, but Blade Wolf, Mistral, and the Mexican sewer level were all pretty similar to plain old Hard except for a couple added Grads. Gonna start Denver tonight!

Finally got time to play the game and I played a little so far (the fight with Ray) and I already love this game. It's so cheesy and over the top it's impossible not to grin at it

nilbog21

Banned
holy shit I was really skeptical after the terrible MGS spin offs we've had, but this game is the tits !! the cutscenes are really high quality and bring me back to what made the MGS so special. The gameplay is also very tight and super fun, I enjoy it much more than Bayonetta's which felt way too simple. Not that the gameplay is very deep, but it's way more gratifying. Loving this game !!

the only complaint is the camera which feels restricted and made for consoles

Jintor

holy shit I was really skeptical after the terrible MGS spin offs we've had, but this game is the tits !! the cutscenes are really high quality and bring me back to what made the MGS so special. The gameplay is also very tight and super fun, I enjoy it much more than Bayonetta's which felt way too simple. Not that the gameplay is very deep, but it's way more gratifying. Loving this game !!

lolwat

I mean, Rising is fun, but Bayo is simple compared to Rising? Nah brah. Nah.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
LA LE LO LI LU

It's La Li Lu Le Lo actually and all it is is a codename for the Patriots.

MGS factions and history is easy to grasp. A lot of it is pretty shallow. It's just that there's a lot of it since every game compounds upon another upon another upon another. More wide than deep.

solarus

Finished. Incredible game, definitely one of my favourite games from platinum...as a side note I've completely lost interest in the games I stopped playing in order to play this instead, namely assassin's creed 4, the intensity of the two games are worlds apart. Playing anything else, just seems so dull right now. Going to play the dlc and then replay on a harder difficulty setting.

solarus

Lol I really don't understand all the talk about the final boss being super hard, I kept hearing a lot about how hard it was back when the game released on consoles last year and in this thread too, so I expected the worst. Honestly I found that fight super easy, I mean avoiding his attacks is not hard at all and there are plenty of windows to just lash out at him. Speaking of which, I loved everything about that fight as a whole (all of the parts together) and the cutscenes, it was all so crazy.

Is Jetstream's parry window much smaller than Raiden's?
Seems more difficult to pull off blocks.
I'm pretty sure it is, I was doing really badly at first with Sam then I got used to him. I died like 10x to the 2 Gekkos in the first VR mission on hard and gave up, but by the time it came to the fourth one it was easy for me lol.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Still no 120+Hz fix from the glorious PC modders? Sad...

I'll get my roommate to look into this soon. He say's a 3D and FOV modification shouldn't be too hard to implement either. Couple weeks max for a high quality 3D mod, FOV shouldn't take a day or two. And 120+Hz should have been solved already...

Anyway, when he gets around to this probably later tonight or tomorrow I'll post the mods publicly here instead of where he usually post them which are scene private sites.

TnK

I kind of dislike hinting people to run under the debris vs Armstrong :p

MAN UP AND CUT DAT SHIT YO! Line 3/4 of the boxes, and you are good to go. You also have a lot of time, so don't fret about it.

\
20, not 12!
20? He is a beast.

Blade Wolf in sam's DLC is bar none the strongest boss in the entire game. He is a nightmare to fight vs. Armstrong on the other hand, is actually easier than Raiden's battle. He goes down with 5 charge attacks after taunting him, and he gives you all the time in the world to do it.

No Love

Banned
Still no 120+Hz fix from the glorious PC modders? Sad...

I'll get my roommate to look into this soon. He say's a 3D and FOV modification shouldn't be too hard to implement either. Couple weeks max for a high quality 3D mod, FOV shouldn't take a day or two. And 120+Hz should have been solved already...

Anyway, when he gets around to this probably later tonight or tomorrow I'll post the mods publicly here instead of where he usually post them which are scene private sites.

Awesome! Can't wait to see that. FOV mod would be really nice.

XDDX

Is the
Blade Wolf
fight in the
Sam
DLC meant to be really hard? I've been trying it for 30 minutes but I just can't beat it. I did notice that dodge works better for this character but is the parry timing different?

gabbre

Just finished, the final battle is soooooooo fucking crazy, I loved it. GOTY 2013, without a doubt. One of my favourite games of all time with Devil May Cry 3 and Bayonetta. Platinum did it again, they are one of the reasons I keep playing videogames.

Hypron

I kind of dislike hinting people to run under the debris vs Armstrong :p

MAN UP AND CUT DAT SHIT YO! Line 3/4 of the boxes, and you are good to go. You also have a lot of time, so don't fret about it.

20? He is a beast.

Blade Wolf in sam's DLC is bar none the strongest boss in the entire game. He is a nightmare to fight vs. Armstrong on the other hand, is actually easier than Raiden's battle.
He goes down with 5 charge attacks after taunting him, and he gives you all the time in the world to do it.

I find DLC Armstrong way harder than DLC blade wolf (never had a problem with him... Don't taunt him, just parry his attacks). On harder difficulties Armstrong's really relentless so finding openings for charge attacks is pretty tricky (you can hit him with one after only 2 or 3 of his moves, which he doesn't use often.).

Is the
Blade Wolf
fight in the
Sam
DLC meant to be really hard? I've been trying it for 30 minutes but I just can't beat it. I did notice that dodge works better for this character but is the parry timing different?
I struggled on it a lot until Sam 'clicked' and the rest of the DLC wasn't a problem. Dodging worked better for me because the perfect parry window is so small and even if you pull it off most of the time Bladewolf avoids your counter any ways.

I struggled on it a lot until Sam 'clicked' and the rest of the DLC wasn't a problem. Dodging worked better for me because the perfect parry window is so small and even if you pull it off most of the time Bladewolf avoids your counter any ways.

Using perfect parry is how I beat bladewolf. Sam's kicks did about 10% damage each.

Sam's moveset really fucked my rhythm up even on Normal. By the time I finished his mission I got it down but Raiden is a lot easier to handle. I'm in love with this game.

Grief.exe

I'm going to have to do the Jetstream DLC on normal. The lowest I got Blade Wolf was 30%, and I have to get lucky and perfect parry the right attack.

Vitor711

I hate the
sam boss fight
. I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it.

I can barely hit a single parry, and never even get a perfect counter when I do. It's maddening. Got him down to 50% and then he wrecked me. That in of itself took around 10 minutes. Not sure I have the patience to do this again and again.

Was enjoying the game when it was just you vs a few fodder enemies with the occasional brute thrown in to mix things up but I'm not digging the boss fights.

Sundowner was a massive bore, took no damage and just dodged him to death, Monsoon was irritating if cool but lasted way too long and the current one is just... I can't stand it.

Also, I thought I might be able to hone my skills by trying some VR missions (much like I perfected Batman's combat by doing their challenge mode) but FUCK that shit is ridiculous. Can't do the second kill all enemies room (mission 7). Just get insta-gibbed in the second encounter. Hell, the first one is rough enough with the rocket enemies. I'm really starting to sour on the game. Found it fun at first but I just don't think it does a good job of naturally teaching you the mechanics ala something like Dark Souls. It's just pure repetition and luck before you get a lot of it down. No decent feedback.

Just want to say Platinum did a great job with optimizing this game for PCs. It's so refreshing after playing the disaster (though still really fun) that is AC4. I'm playing at a smooth 60 FPS with no drops on max settings 1080P. Feels awesome.

Hypron

I hate the
sam boss fight
. I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it.

I can barely hit a single parry, and never even get a perfect counter when I do. It's maddening. Got him down to 50% and then he wrecked me. That in of itself took around 10 minutes. Not sure I have the patience to do this again and again.

Was enjoying the game when it was just you vs a few fodder enemies with the occasional brute thrown in to mix things up but I'm not digging the boss fights.

Sundowner was a massive bore, took no damage and just dodged him to death, Monsoon was irritating if cool but lasted way too long and the current one is just... I can't stand it.

If you just want to get through that fight you can use the pincer blades for massive damage. What you can also do is run awar from him, dodge his charge attack, do a stinger (forward forward y), and start running away again until he dies.

Otherwise, if you want to do it legit you need to learn the parry timing of his 4 combos.

Sam is simply just parry, parry, parry. Not much more.

If yer having trouble with him, spike up some stats on your weapon, parry his long-range attacks and you should be fine.

Dahbomb

Is there a way to do a quick recovery when I get knocked down?
Pretty sure pressing Jump right before some knockdowns makes you get up faster. It's either that or another button, don't know for sure but pressing some of the buttons makes you tech but it's only for some knockdowns.

Top Bottom