• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit, that polearm will be my next purchase for shure!

Miker

What's the verdict on the Infinite Wigs - B in particular? (I think it allows for infinite Ripper Mode). I unlocked it during my first Hard playthrough, and I'm not sure if I want to use it on Very Hard or Revengeance. Is it tantamount to cheating, or is it designed for use on higher difficulties?

Anteater

I'm getting absolutely destroyed by Armstrong.

I get to the point where I have to use blade more and I fail every time.

If you're talking about the blade mode against the debris he toss at you, you could avoid that by dashing under it, I don't know how to cut that shit. Cutting his back and other stuff aren't very hard.

kinda wish raiden could powerslide ninja run and run on walls like that early cutscene :(

also sucks to be the interns that had to put together the
dog
after i sliced it to like 700 pieces.

I somehow managed to beat mistral on the first try. Not entirely sure how that happened, dodging every maybe?

oh...and to hell with those little mini-geckos.

BPoole

kinda wish raiden could powerslide ninja run and run on walls like that early cutscene :(

dog
MGR + Warframe's wallrunning/sliding/jump flips would be some serious shit

Anteater

dog

I bet it's a limitation with the consoles, the game ended up having barriers and you could only run around in a really small zone in battle.

Squire

Banned
I went to bed last night, so I just wrapped up Armstrong about thirty minutes ago.

This game is fantastic. It would've easily been in my top five games last year and probably top three. Very rarely do games live up to the hype like this.

Fine-tuned mechanics that make for incredibly fun gameplay, good boss fights, a fun story that, while ridiculous, is actually a very knowing, biting satire in the end. Sure, the camera sucks. But it honestly never frustrated me (I played through on Normal, which felt perfect for me) and when everything else is as good as it is, I forget that and the very few other complaints I do have.

And that music.

Agh. Wonderful.

Nyoro SF

The thing is if you decide to run under the debris you're missing a chance to do big damage to Armstrong, thus increasing the chance of you taking more damage later.

Regardless of difficulty you have a lot of time to cut the debris, just take the time to line it up perfectly and cut.

Uzny

Is there a way to use blade mode without wasting meter? In the 360 jp demo (if I remember correctly), you could press the left trigger only halfway through and the meter wouldn't drain, allowing you to cut freely without slow-motion. This doesn't seem to work in the PC version (I'm playing with the 360 pad).

If you're talking about the blade mode against the debris he toss at you, you could avoid that by dashing under it, I don't know how to cut that shit. Cutting his back and other stuff aren't very hard.

I'm surprised so many of you guys have a problem with that. I'm pretty awful at the game (beat it on Normal on PS3, and fudged my way through R-00 and R-07 on Very Hard to get the Suit and Standard Body unlocks.

With the White Armor and a slightly upgraded Murasama, I actually had no problem beating him, and I thought there was plenty of time to cut the debri. This may sound like a no brain, but with so many people using only the face buttons during blade mode everywhere else in the game, don't forget to use the analog stick for precision cutting here.

Clawww

I'm getting absolutely destroyed by Armstrong.

I get to the point where I have to use blade more and I fail every time.

make sure you use both sticks, since you need to manipulate the camera in addition to the sword to get the right angle. keep in mind that you only need to 'check' two out of the four boxes to break the boulders. I was fucking myself up because I wasn't manipulating the camera during the cuts.

you can also ninja run under the debris, but it's worth figuring out how to cut because you'll do damage to armstrong, and get some very useful health packs as well.

Squire

Banned
I'm surprised so many of you guys have a problem with that. I'm pretty awful at the game (beat it on Normal on PS3, and fudged my way through R-00 and R-07 on Very Hard to get the Suit and Standard Body unlocks.

With the White Armor and a slightly upgraded Murasama, I actually had no problem beating him, and I thought there was plenty of time to cut the debri. This may sound like a no brain, but with so many people using only the face buttons during blade mode everywhere else in the game, don't forget to use the analog stick for precision cutting here.

I never used precision cutting in the game until that fight, so it was a little hard. I gave up on trying to pull it off, but eventually I went back to it because I wanted the paste drops (moreso than the massive damage).

If you can dodge and parry appropriately and keep a combo going long enough, you really only need to do the debris thing once. That's what I did.

Anteater

Well I gave up after 2 tries, the shit cancelled before I knew what I was suppose to slash lol. I just didn't want to replay so I just avoided it, maybe I'll just watch a video. I don't really use the blade mode much in the game though other than chopping off limbs and for the health regen.

Hypron

We should change the title of this thread to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| Run under the debris.

Or something along those lines :p

deim0s

Is there a way to use blade mode without wasting meter? In the 360 jp demo (if I remember correctly), you could press the left trigger only halfway through and the meter wouldn't drain, allowing you to cut freely without slow-motion. This doesn't seem to work in the PC version (I'm playing with the 360 pad).

Theres a wig that grants you unlimited meter.

DukeBobby

If it wasn't for the dreadful camera, this would have been in my top 5 last year. It sucks so much fun out of the game at times.

It's a shame it wasn't fixed in the PC version. Hoping for a mod to amend that soon.

Clawww

We should change the title of this thread to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| Run under the debris.

Or something along those lines :p

we need an official, consolidated 'Armstrong tips' post similar to your nice general FAQ post.

so we can just link that to people every time

I might write it up myself but I wouldn't consider myself an expert at the fight or the mechanics

Teknoman

make sure you use both sticks, since you need to manipulate the camera in addition to the sword to get the right angle. keep in mind that you only need to 'check' two out of the four boxes to break the boulders. I was fucking myself up because I wasn't manipulating the camera during the cuts.

you can also ninja run under the debris, but it's worth figuring out how to cut because you'll do damage to armstrong, and get some very useful health packs as well.

Yeah on PS3...for some reason I completely forgot that you can move the camera in blade mode during that fight.

BPoole

Question: Does using nanopaste subtract from your overall mission rank? I avoided using them the entire game because I didn't want to drop my already low scores of Bs down to Cs and Ds, but I don't ever remember seeing anything awarded for not using items like in a DMC game.

Clawww

If it wasn't for the dreadful camera, this would have been in my top 5 last year. It sucks so much fun out of the game at times.

It's a shame it wasn't fixed in the PC version. Hoping for a mod to amend that soon.

a camera tweak mod would be beautiful.

Question: Does using nanopaste subtract from your overall mission rank? I avoided using them the entire game because I didn't want to drop my already low scores of Bs down to Cs and Ds, but I don't ever remember seeing anything awarded for not using items like in a DMC game.

Nope, although I suppose there's the No Damage bonus, which if you got it you'd never have to use nanopaste.

Clawww

game also seems to be designed around cqc. better ninja run could alleviate some of the kinda frustrating platforming though.

I wish the Ninja run had a faster start-up and recovery (and turn rate). It feels clunkier than it ought to when I want to turn around and run towards a rocket launcher dude in the middle of a fight. Especially because D/O is not my idea of a fun dodge mechanic.

Grief.exe

Fuck running under that debris shit! This is Metal Rear Rising!

The final fight really helps you perfect all of the mechanics.
Dodge, Parry, and Blade Mode. The latter has been my weak point throughout the whole game, this fight exposed it and I have corrected my problem.

I can almost do Armstrong no damage at this point.

BPoole

Dodge, Parry, and Blade Mode. The latter has been my weak point throughout the whole game, this fight exposed it and I have corrected my problem.

The one's who run under the debris would not survive in Armstrong's America. The weak will be purged! The strong will thrive!

Finished the game
1AC89D7B93BACA25030CFE8A344F33B0A34450D2

Gotta say, It really had a rough start but the more I played the better it got, camera still shits itself constantly though. With the exception of the last boss, all the bosses were really well made and tough but fair to fight.

Overall a really well made action game, not as good as Platinum's Bayonetta, but I didn't expect to either.

Squire

Banned

Definitely agreed. All the fights are really good mechanics tests.

My hype during the Armstrong gift was tenfold since I had on the Desperado frame.

Miker

Is it me or is the camera really that excruciatingly terrible?

It fucks up constantly.

It's bad, but not entirely unmanageable. Don't stay locked on all the time, and crank the sensitivity up to 10 in the options. When you are locked on, use the right stick to change targets.

Nymphae

Banned
Anyone else experiencing bad screen tearing? I'm relatively new to PC gaming so there's probably something obvious I'm missing here.

But there's no V-sync option in the graphics settings, and I notice no change when I set my nvidia settings thing to force V-sync.

BPoole

Anyone else experiencing bad screen tearing? I'm relatively new to PC gaming so there's probably something obvious I'm missing here.

But there's no V-sync option in the graphics settings, and I notice no change when I set my nvidia settings thing to force V-sync.
I think the game has it set on by default. I don't have Nvidia, but for Catalyst I set my V sync to "Off, unless application specifies" and don't get any tearing at all.

magnifico

MGS4 Raiden was terrible.

Tbh, I think this game had a better story bar MGS 1 and 3.

All Raiden versions are terrible, but I am forever biased against him just knowing how he came into this world. The only reason I can play through this one is the Grey Fox skin! It finally makes the character manageable to play as, otherwise I don't think I could have tolerated playing through the whole game with all the unpleasant MGS2 memories. I can at least pretend I am Grey Fox in an alternate timeline and for some reason people are calling him Jack. Denial is the best coping mechanism in this situation.

Hypron

Yeah but I'd rather see people finishing the game instead of quitting on the final boss saying it's shit.

Triple buffer or die.

UnrealEck

I don't know what a triple buffer is :p

If you have something like MSI Afterburner you can limit the frame rate. Put it to one or two frames per second less than your monitor's current refresh rate and it might help. It might not completely eliminate the tearing though.

Top Bottom