• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

DukeBobby

The Hot Wind Blowing is so fucking good. It should have been in the main game instead of Stains of Time, which sucks (I hate the vocals).

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
That would make the game so much easier. I truly wish it was in there.
Best thing you can hope for is getting up quick when wiggling the l-stick, and that happens infrequently.

Yeah really made me appreciate games that don't have knockdown states as a design decision

esai

That would make the game so much easier. I truly wish it was in there.
Best thing you can hope for is getting up quick when wiggling the l-stick, and that happens infrequently.

Pretty sure pressing Jump right before some knockdowns makes you get up faster. It's either that or another button, don't know for sure but pressing some of the buttons makes you tech but it's only for some knockdowns.
Some of these knockdowns are ridiculous. Don't even get a chance to get up.

Dahbomb

Yea some knockdowns are unfair because they may result in you getting more guaranteed damage. In that regard getting hit/damaged in MGR snowballs out of control very fast... you get hit once, get your orientation messed up and misdirect the Parry leading into another hit leading into a dizzy, more hits leading into a knockdown and then some enemy decides to stomp you or blast you with a rocket at that exact time. Guaranteed death in higher difficulties off of that first hit.

Llyranor

Been playing the game on Very Hard (never did so with the console version). I'm at the level where you fight Sundowner now. Maaan really tough encounters. They really throw the kitchen sink at you.

Loving it.

Yeah, the knockdowns are probably most annoying part of the game, along with the camera, and those luchador gears in the sewers.

I wish somebody would make a mod that leaves Raiden's visor on all the time, looks so much more badass that way.

So regarding blade mode, I figured out that if you use control scheme B, then you need to use the face buttons to slash, letting go of the right stick won't work. This doesn't happen with the default scheme. Glitch?

Also, fuck Sam's fourth VR mission. Did them all except that one. Utter bullshit, constant knockdowns and spastic camera.

So regarding blade mode, I figured out that if you use control scheme B, then you need to use the face buttons to slash, letting go of the right stick won't work. This doesn't happen with the default scheme. Glitch?

Also, fuck Sam's fourth VR mission. Did them all except that one. Utter bullshit, constant knockdowns and spastic camera.

In B, you can use the Left Stick to slash

I hate that in either, it's the opposite stick that makes you walk forward when clicked in.

Permanently A

Huh, got an S rank on Monsoon while he kicked the crap out of me. Was expecting a B or something.

Also, holy fuck, you can parry his Lorenz force wheel of death. This game just keeps on giving.

In B, you can use the Left Stick to slash

I hate that in either, it's the opposite stick that makes you walk forward when clicked in.

Got that mixed up, with B, the left stick is used to aim the cut, but letting go of it, at least for me, won't result in a slash. But with scheme A, using the right stick works fine.

Jintor

Wish there was a button that just slashed along the line displayed. Sometimes when flicking the stick back it'll go off-target, and hitting x and y occasionally just... cuts a random line straight across the screen instead.

TGMIII

Other than times when enemies glow yellow attempt to parry everything unless you're otherwise told it's not possible.

Wish there was a button that just slashed along the line displayed. Sometimes when flicking the stick back it'll go off-target, and hitting x and y occasionally just... cuts a random line straight across the screen instead.

Once you line up a cut press light or heavy and it will cut how you've lined up. Only works for the first attack though.

Miker

Holy shit, Sam VR mission 4. On one hand, three mastiffs. On the other hand, the rest of it is pretty manageable.

I died on the GRAD (final wave) with it half dead because my brain was fried and I parried towards its attacks instead of towards the GRAD itself, even though I know better.

Also, when you access Sam's VR missions, is it available for replay via VR missions, or do you have to go back and play it through Jetstream?

What the hell, two GRADs? Is it even possible to do that boss with no damage?

Also, right trigger still should cut in blade mode. No chance of losing your spot like you can when you move your thumb to press X or Y.

Momentary

Banned
The game is still in the top ten. I wonder what sales are looking like for the game. I hate that AAA PC titles never release sales data.

What the hell, two GRADs? Is it even possible to do that boss with no damage?

Also, right trigger still should cut in blade mode. No chance of losing your spot like you can when you move your thumb to press X or Y.

Yeah, but it's hard. It's very manageable if you cheat with the armor breaker sword + sai, though.

It's possible to no-damage it without gimmicks, but the exploding barrels are more dangerous than the actual grads because they're unpredictable.

Hypron

Yeah, but it's hard. It's very manageable if you cheat with the armor breaker sword + sai, though.

It's possible to no-damage it without gimmicks, but the exploding barrels are more dangerous than the actual grads because they're unpredictable.

You don't even need the armor breaker. Start the fight, perfect party the first grad, throw an EM/RP grenade to stun it, kill the other grad using reaper mode and then stun lock the boss grad using the Sai.

sflufan

Banned
I am so goddamned terrible at these kind of games.

I just finished it on Normal after nearly 9 hours with a rank of "D". However, my actual Steam play time is 25 hours because I well and truly do suck.

Revven

Still fucking loooove this game so much. Replaying it without the upgrades still feels challenging lol. Also because I've lost the parry timing for a lot of stuff since I last played the game.

Grief.exe

I am so goddamned terrible at these kind of games.

I just finished it on Normal after nearly 9 hours with a rank of "D". However, my actual Steam play time is 25 hours because I well and truly do suck.

I'm surprised you stuck with it! Good on you.

I am not good at these games either, I finished on Hard and I don't think I've had enough experience with character action games to cut it on Very Hard.

Been thinking of getting the PC version, how is it compared to the consoles considering this is Platinum's first PC game? Does it play better with a controller or keyboard/mouse?

TGMIII

What combo is that launcher?

Forward forward light, It's a purchased move called sky high.

Probably old news, but I found this infinite juggle on Sam for a hilariously easy S-rank:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY8X-g6cV2Q

I haven't tried it on the harder difficulties yet. One of the pains of S-ranking Sam is that you either have to get a high combo or collect the nanopaste in the arena for score BP.

I'm trying this on Revengeance and he keeps recovering after launching him the second time. He seems to recover from the first juggle pretty quickly so even launching him a second time can be tough.

joe2187

Banned
Probably old news, but I found this infinite juggle on Sam for a hilariously easy S-rank:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY8X-g6cV2Q

I haven't tried it on the harder difficulties yet. One of the pains of S-ranking Sam is that you either have to get a high combo or collect the nanopaste in the arena for score BP.

Works on Very Hard confirmed.

26AB825851E24C8534CE35B8F3B9D1B20482B6E8

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm trying this on Revengeance and he keeps recovering after launching him the second time. He seems to recover from the first juggle pretty quickly so even launching him a second time can be tough.

Are you doing it during the second phase? He recovers in the first phase, but for some reason he doesn't in the second (when you don't knock away his sword). I just did it on Very Hard and it works. I haven't unlocked Revengeance on PC, but I might boot up my 360 just to test.

Grief.exe

Been thinking of getting the PC version, how is it compared to the consoles considering this is Platinum's first PC game? Does it play better with a controller or keyboard/mouse?

Port is actually fairly good, there are some issues that are getting ironed out but it is perfectly playable.

Should probably play with a controller but K/M controls work fine.

TGMIII

Are you doing it during the second phase? He recovers in the first phase, but for some reason he doesn't in the second (when you don't knock away his sword). I just did it on Very Hard and it works. I haven't unlocked Revengeance on PC, but I might boot up my 360 just to test.

No I wasn't. Just tried it on the second phase and it works.

This game is just so much fun. I don't think I've had this strong a reaction to a character action game since God Hand, the combat pace, the move sets, the real ultimate power manine tongue in cheek spectacle, the music, the whole package really.

Any of the Konami/Platinum reps report on the state of the game and what they are working on?

Getting together a list of issues to submit up the chain of command. (There's a lot going on right now on my side not related to release of titles that is keeping me super busy right now, so expect some delay.)

Volcynika

Just no-damaged Sundowner, the only two main story bosses left to do that on are Monsoon (UGH) and Armstrong (UGH UGH UGH). Both ugh. Both :(

He was pretty easy to win against as long as you didn't miss the heli. He's easy peasy when he doesn't have his shield. Though I'm glad there is a checkpoint before you fly up on the slider, I suck at that bit D:

Is there any enemy guide? The chunky sword guys on Very Hard block constantly including parries, do 100+ damage with every hit, and it seems completely random whether you can dismember them. This game doesn't even bother to explain its mechanics, because this is my third playthrough and I still have absolutely no idea how to know when an enemy's armor is broken or how to do it. It just happens.

Bought the game because of you fucks, downloading now.

I know there's weapon and character skins in the game, but is there other Metal Gear-isms in it, like bonus items for multiple playthroughs and such?

Top Bottom