• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Omega

Banned
Anyone play this on consoles?

I don't remember the camera being this bad. it's one of the most important things to me in video games and no matter how good a game is, i won't play it if the camera is shit

I just don't see how I would completed this game twice with a camera this bad. I've messed around with the sensitivity settings it makes no difference.

Shinjica

Finished the game with 28 ID Chip (the special arms) and then find and take the last two but it will not unlock the Special wig.

Someone has my same problem?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I got an i5-650 3.2ghz, 4GB of RAM, and a GTX 560ti. Is this going to run properly at 1080p?

The game is extremely easy to run at 60 fps, in fact if you ask me the recommended specs are overkill.

I think it's odd though that there is no option to fully turn off shadows. I'd rather have them off than on low or medium.

Grief.exe

Tora, I don't know what would be the best way to get this to Platinum. Steam has a really easy way to internally test builds before you deploy them to the public.

Just set a branch, and add a password to the beta branch, then you can download the update and test on local computers.

This is what the depot portion of a typical AAA game looks like, MGR just has the public branch.

3znNcjv.png

Dr Dogg

Well after a day of faffing about it seams Rising really doesn't like to be ran in my box in full screen. Had a slew of Nvidia and DirectX driver related crashes and the maximum I could get at any one time was 7 mins before getting thrown out or Blue Screening. Put it in windowed mode and just managed from the start all the way to the Mistral without a hitch.

Ah well, at least it's semi sorted now.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
It was so easy to get stuck in a corner in the Japanese garden. Pretty crazy blocking/late-parrying 3 attacks in row and then dodging a grab all in a little walled off section.

Grief.exe

Well after a day of faffing about it seams Rising really doesn't like to be ran in my box in full screen. Had a slew of Nvidia and DirectX driver related crashes and the maximum I could get at any one time was 7 mins before getting thrown out or Blue Screening. Put it in windowed mode and just managed from the start all the way to the Mistral without a hitch.

Ah well, at least it's semi sorted now.

Try going back again.

People have reported, myself included, that playing on Windowed then going back to Fullscreen removes the issues they were having previously.

I don't remember the camera being this bad. it's one of the most important things to me in video games and no matter how good a game is, i won't play it if the camera is shit

I just don't see how I would completed this game twice with a camera this bad. I've messed around with the sensitivity settings it makes no difference.
You're misremembering, the camera was always one of the worst things about the game.

I got an i5-650 3.2ghz, 4GB of RAM, and a GTX 560ti. Is this going to run properly at 1080p?
My PC is i5 2500K + GTX 560Ti and at 1080p, 4x MSAA, 16x AF, everything else on high, I'm getting 50-60fps (the 50 fps dips are during heavy scenes). Haven't looked for what I should fiddle with to have a rock solid 60 but you should be fine.

I finished it twice on 360 when it released, started replaying it on PS3 a few weeks ago when it got on PS Plus and honestly, I haven't noticed a difference.
Then again, camera has always been my one minor gripe with this game (namely, off-screen enemies).

Having a lot of fun with this, although Hard is kinda easy. You can just parry everything pretty easily, most of the time it's the camera that's my worst enemy.

Revven

It was so easy to get stuck in a corner in the Japanese garden. Pretty crazy blocking/late-parrying 3 attacks in row and then dodging a grab all in a little walled off section.

That is like the worst area in the game for anyone the first time through. The camera is just awful there because of how crammed and narrow it is -- especially the latter half with Mastiffs.

Gregorn

Are you locking on? I don't remember having any problems...

I just started playing the game today. In the very beginning there's a chase, during which the guy I was chasing was stuck running in place so I just ran past them. Then in the fight right after, I get thrown into like a clock tower(?) but the tower disappears and Raiden is just floating in the sky and I can't do anything and had to quit out.

Any idea why I might be getting these glitches? Was it just a freak thing?

Dahbomb

First mission (its really a prologue) is very bug heavy but thankfully there are far less bugs in the rest of the game.

And yea I ran into those bugs too.

EekTheKat

Did a quick stereopic 3d test with nvidia 3dtv play, and there and some haloing on the first level. I think one of the guys that contribute to helix mod fixes is working on it though.

BadWolf

I clearly don't understand the parry system and need to rerun the tutorial. Because the wolf blade is killing me over and over again.

You don't need parry to beat him, just dodge out of the way.

The sliding heavy attack after a Ninja Run and heavy attacks (Triangle on the dualshock) in general with the HF blade are very effective.

You don't need parry to beat him, just dodge out of the way.

The sliding heavy attack after a Ninja Run and heavy attacks (Triangle on the dualshock) in general with the HF blade are very effective.

Even in general though, I just reran tutorial 2. I just don't have the timing down at all. I just ran around and constantly was light attacking instead of parrying. I don't understand this timing, I feel like a dumbass lol

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Sorry to disappoint you, but the camera problem is also in consoles version...

Levyne

Banned
Even in general though, I just reran tutorial 2. I just don't have the timing down at all. I just ran around and constantly was light attacking instead of parrying. I don't understand this timing, I feel like a dumbass lol

Try this video. It seems somewhat obvious at first but after struggling with the two walker enemies (or normal, even) in the first area I finally sat down to watch and simply understood things a lot better.

BadWolf

You can't run around and do it, you have to tap forward on the stick in the direction of the enemy (not his attack) along with the attack button and then let go. The stick has to go back to neutral.

when people said the parries in normal were easy because the window was too large, did they mean the perfect parries? cause i decided to start playing on hard and parrying is easy. the window for perfect parries is really small though. and the problem i have with it is that you have to parry when like, the swordsmen life their blades instead of during their attack. it completely messes me up. i don't know if it's because they lift it too quickly, or if it's just counter intuitive. game is good though

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Update on the Online bug: The fix has been implemented and the auto-update has been switched from 'off' to 'on'! Booting up the game should now result in Steam automatically patching the issue.

Hate to belabor a point, but we are still kinda new to handling this and have been working on addressing the issue ASAP on our side. We apologize for the issue in the first place, and hope that it hasn't impacted your enjoyment of Rising on the whole.

Nice.

But again: You need to relay to Konami:

-More PC ports
-BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT: Have an in-house PC-porter-developer-experince house, like Sega.
-Also IGAvania's on Steam, get on it.

Nibel

First mission (its really a prologue) is very bug heavy but thankfully there are far less bugs in the rest of the game.

And yea I ran into those bugs too.

Since you are the action expert and I assume that you've played the console version as well: is it just me or is there a new bug in the PC version when you do "air-drop" attacks?

When I juggle an enemy in the air and then try to finish him off with a heavy attack (basically to slam him back on the ground), sometimes Raiden gets "stuck" on a enemy after dropping down which causes Raiden (who looks like floating above the ground) being in the open and defendless. Raiden behaves like being mid-air though, so a Falling Lightning is possible for example

Really weird bug that happened few times during my playthrough

Try this video. It seems somewhat obvious at first but after struggling with the two walker enemies (or normal, even) in the first area I finally sat down to watch and simply understood things a lot better.

Yea that helps a lot already. I thought you could parry when you were moving....not the case.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I say damn, on the last boss part now and I forgot how hard I found this part when I played it last year Even worse is that I'm completely fucked with no health items and I don't tend to do the bit where you can get health items as it's too much of a pain in the ass :p Ah well break for now, shall beat that bastard eventually.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.

Oh, don't be so hard on yourself. You'll pick it up.

DieH@rd

Banned
I am digging the game a lot! After mastering dodge and parry, I can now plow through every encounter easily.

~4hrs in, I arrived at
Marshal HQ [roofs]

How long is the game anyway?

Top Bottom