• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Calabi

Just bought this, I can see the appeal. Its insane, was just running around slicing everything and defeated the first boss. Runs and looks great. I'm liking it alot.

Use this AA compatibility bit: 0x084012C1 and set the SGSSAA settings to enhance and use the multiple of whatever strength AA you are using. Use the Demigod bit for AO.

Never mind, got it to work, thanks! Not sure if the AO bit is on or not.

Though I wish the SLI compatibility was better, I get into the low 40s on 8x.

Dr Dogg

Try going back again.

People have reported, myself included, that playing on Windowed then going back to Fullscreen removes the issues they were having previously.

You're right!

Just gone through all of File 02 in full screen and no crashes and seams stable. Keeping an eye on it though.

Coconut

Banned
I am digging the game a lot! After mastering dodge and parry, I can now plow through every encounter easily.

~2hrs in, I arrived at
Marshal HQ [roofs]

How long is the game anyway?

Yeah I didn't start getting S ranks until later in the game. I think my first playthrough on 360 was like 8 hours.

Dahbomb

Since you are the action expert and I assume that you've played the console version as well: is it just me or is there a new bug in the PC version when you do "air-drop" attacks?

When I juggle an enemy in the air and then try to finish him off with a heavy attack (basically to slam him back on the ground), sometimes Raiden gets "stuck" on a enemy after dropping down which causes Raiden (who looks like floating above the ground) being in the open and defendless. Raiden behaves like being mid-air though, so a Falling Lightning is possible for example

Really weird bug that happened few times during my playthrough
He doesn't just get stuck on enemies in mid air he gets stuck on walls very easily. Probably more prevalent here than on consoles. It makes trying to do aerial combos in close environmentals suicidal because you might get stuck in a wall and then get hit because you are a floating duck.

It's funny how much easier the game gets when you watch a video of someone parrying online, the tutorial really doesn't do a good job showing you how to do it

Need some advice against the Geckos. I'm getting the parrying more or less, but like 60% (rough estimate) they get pushed back a lot for the counterattack to hit them.

They are seriously annoying. Main reason I keep getting C-B in File 01.

Sajjaja

Need some advice against the Geckos. I'm getting the parrying more or less, but like 60% (rough estimate) they get pushed back a lot for the counterattack to hit them.

You have to time your parrying better. The earlier you do it during their attack frame, the more recoil you get from their attack. The smaller the window, the less knockback. You want to minimize the time between you initiating your parry and them landing their attack as much as possible.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
when people said the parries in normal were easy because the window was too large, did they mean the perfect parries? cause i decided to start playing on hard and parrying is easy. the window for perfect parries is really small though. and the problem i have with it is that you have to parry when like, the swordsmen life their blades instead of during their attack. it completely messes me up. i don't know if it's because they lift it too quickly, or if it's just counter intuitive. game is good though

Perfect parries. The standard parry isn't really a parry so much as a block, and always has a large window. The parry window, where Raiden launches a counter attack after the block that often stuns the enemy, is the one that's super lenient on normal.

Perfect parries are performed by blocking/parrying right before the attack is supposed to hit.

Nibel

He doesn't just get stuck on enemies in mid air he gets stuck on walls very easily. Probably more prevalent here than on consoles. It makes trying to do aerial combos in close environmentals suicidal because you might get stuck in a wall and then get hit because you are a floating duck.

Exactly! I never had a big issue with this on the Xbox 360, so I was wondering why this is happening in the PC version - I should play some more when I have the time and try to find out how to trigger that bug

BadWolf

Parrying them is pointless because they always jump back. The only time they don't jump back iirc is if they do that big jumping stomp on you.

Easiest way to take them out is to bait a bull rush from distance (parry/block and then do the finisher QTE) or running around them until they stomp the ground with their leg (run up and activate QTE while their leg is stuck).

antitrop

In a way, seeing the community come together to try to solve technical issues is one of my favorite things about being a PC gamer. It's like a unifying bond to want to see every game be the absolute best that it can be.

Blinck

Ok guys gotta give it to you...

Me at the start of the game :

qh14c.gif

Me by the end of chapter 3 (after Monsoon):

mexican-soccer-coach-super-saiyan-gif.gif

JACK THE FUCKING RIPPER!
GOD DAMN!

Started on Hard, new to it, aside from the demo last year.

Highly enjoying it, it's challenging but fun. I've never been particularly great at action games, but I am happy to persevere with it.

I just beat
Mistral
, who was significantly easier for me than
LQ-84
. The game is silly, ridiculous and fun. Sure, the environments aren't extraordinary, but the empowerment.. man it feels so good to Zandatsu even the simple cyborgs.

sueil

Beat the game twice so far. Once on hard mode with no health/fuel for naked and unloved then again on Easy to farm BP/Arms/MIB's. Getting all those arms was totally worth it. The 10 arm reward is kinda lame especially for what it cost in bp but 20 and 30 are amazing. Doing easy mode with end game items makes for some pretty fucked up moments. I killed the chapter 1 helicopter so fast it never did any of its special events like the missile run and it just died instantly after about 3 seconds of attacks.

Geoff9920

So the attacks that flash yellow cannot be parried? I've had 3 large enemies keep me stun-locked by continually getting me with these attacks (sewers; yes, I know I suck). Other than taking out several via the (boring as hell) "stealth" what's the proper way to deal with these attacks?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So the attacks that flash yellow cannot be parried? I've had 3 large enemies keep me stun-locked by continually getting me with these attacks (sewers; yes, I know I suck). Other than taking out several via the (boring as hell) "stealth" what's the proper way to deal with these attacks?

There's a dodge called defensive offense that you can purchase for 3,000 BP. Do so right away. The dodge has invincibility frames to avoid unblockable attacks.

Guess Who

Banned

Use Defensive Offense to avoid those attacks.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Buy Defensive Offensive and dodge them.

joe2187

Banned

The gorrillas are everyones favorite enemies.

They always go for grabs, so it's best to dodge or run when they charge or put their arms up and flash yellow.

Since your sword is underpowered at that area, try and do a perfect parry to do as much damage as possible.

Clawww

The sewer level is the worst (surprise surprise, a sewer level in a game sucking...).

I don't get what's so bad about it

it was pretty short. normally sewer levels suck because they're drawn out and winding and it's like, hey look we can pad the game a bit by using these sewer-tunnel assets forever! whereas my experience in this game was just: another series of fights.

Pjsprojects

Not normally my type of game but yeah it's a blast! Not had any bugs yet in full screen with everything set to the max settings.
shame on 1080p.

Dario ff

Banned
The internal 1080p buffer can definitely be increased higher via memory modification only (And probably exe modification as well). I actually found some addresses and got a reliable Cheat Engine table (This overrides the 800x600 resolution), but the GUI breaks horribly. Seems like that would take a lot more hunting to do.

No AA in both shots for pixel counting reasons.

1440p native shot. (Desktop in 1440p, Buffer in 1440p)

235460_2014-01-10_000ywdjn.png

4k downsampled shot to 1080p. (Using desktop as 1080p, Buffer in 4k, the scaling is done by the game itself)

235460_2014-01-10_000zpfv0.png

All done with just modifying two addresses in memory in real time. Come on PG, you can patch this. :)

Zunja

I just beat the game on Hard as per the recommendation on here. It was a blast the final boss was the only one who really gave me a hard time, and those stupid gorilla things.

I was trying to find the DLC and for the life of me I can't. I'm I just crazy or is it not out yet?

holding both light attack and jump buttons is the dodge move. You can also dodge in any direction you push when holding the input.

Lock on isnt very important in this game except for when you're fighting 1v1.

It wouldn't be useful if it weren't for the wack camera.

Too bad lock-on sucks too

ZeroX03

Banned
I just beat the game on Hard as per the recommendation on here. It was a blast the final boss was the only one who really gave me a hard time, and those stupid gorilla things.

I was trying to find the DLC and for the life of me I can't. I'm I just crazy or is it not out yet?

Use the Konami code at the title screen.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Anyone feel in-game AA is not worth it? Seems like it just hurts IQ without really cleaning anything up. I tried 8x and it still seems too blurry for me. If it wasn't labeled MSAA, I would think its actually FXAA.

Dahbomb

For people who don't have the dodge yet there's another trick you can use to get out of tight spots or avoid yellow moves especially when in move recovery.

It's called the Blade mode cancel. Basically going into Blade mode cancels pretty much everything in the game (there are some exceptions) so when you see a yellow attack you quickly tap Blade mode and Ninja run away.

This cancel is still very useful at slightly higher level play, mostly for parry reasons.

Miker

I'm using lock-on 90% of the time - should I try and get used to the camera (and manually direct it) instead for better results?

antitrop

2 things, the Sewer part is kind of lame, although with a good sense of humor -- and -- SGSSAA is a miraculous thing. I found I can do 4x MSAA and 2x SGSSAA and still lock out maxed settings, 60 frames, so it's all good in the hood.

Top Bottom