• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It forces you to get the parry timing down for their attacks, which makes them fun to fight. Pretty sure their wall jump attack has the same amount of time between initial the jump and
actually attack every time, no matter the distance. Satisfying as hell

Which DLC VR mission had the mastiffs in the dark?

Dunno. I remember figuring out you can bait all 3 into a jump by standing in the right spot. After that. If you mess that up it's just luck if you let them roam and do random shit

I just meant that the wave after that with the bladewolf grunts and hammer bros is way harder

zainetor

Banned
I was having the same problem, but finally beat it just now.

I personally found grabbing the health packs earlier in the level (even 1) to be a huge help in the final battle. At some point you'll be able to get multiple health packs, so it's not too difficult once you get to that point, let alone the abundance of QTE's. Watch out for the flame wall and his combos though.

in revengeance difficulty those QTE deal him insane amount of damage. The one with the punches alone, halves his lifebar.

z1ggy

That Blade Wolf fight was so hard for the first time. Got me totally off guard. Wasn´t expecting that at all. Was fun tho.

Also, the soundtrack is incredible good.

esai

The question is do I immediately buy the mariachi uniform and play the rest of the game that way or do I spend my BP on useful stuff.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The question is do I immediately buy the mariachi uniform and play the rest of the game that way or do I spend my BP on useful stuff.

Mariachi uniform and hf machete is man mode

-Digits-

I'm using the XInput wrapper linked there for my DS4 but I found it messed with Blade Mode's controls. I have to make a full motion instead of just releasing the stick to neutral, which makes it a lot harder to be accurate. Made the final boss a doozy. I ended up having to switch back to a 360 controller to beat him. Did anyone else have this? I'm using beta 3.

Guess Who

Banned
hmm killed sundowner before I know what I was suppose to do, was a short fight.

The Sundowner fight is really easy to break. You can just use defensive offense to hit his shield without getting hurt by the blast and never have to break it or trigger the second part of the fight.

Iskander

Neo Member
I forgot so much about this game after finishing it on PS3. It's coming back though!

Also, starting on Hard with no upgrades is a lot harder than new game+...

I have a real hard time remembering combos and their properties (things that trigger blade mode slowdown, sweep moves, launchers, crowd control). Does anyone have some favorite moves?

I'm using the XInput wrapper linked there for my DS4 but I found it messed with Blade Mode's controls. I have to make a full motion instead of just releasing the stick to neutral, which makes it a lot harder to be accurate. Made the final boss a doozy. I ended up having to switch back to a 360 controller to beat him. Did anyone else have this? I'm using beta 3.

I just got a DS4 today and I'm using beta 3 of the XInput wrapper and don't have this problem. Do you have the 360 controller drivers installed?

L.O.R.D

25VHiQ9.jpg

ok, this port really good
I've finally out speed sun downer

sorry for the phone picture , after i took it i remember i have capture button

Spookie

This story and dialogue is too Japanese for me. I need a button which skips all this awful ham fisted horse shit and drops me in to the next bit where I can cut up fools.

Regiruler

The Sundowner fight is really easy to break. You can just use defensive offense to hit his shield without getting hurt by the blast and never have to break it or trigger the second part of the fight.

But what's the fun in that?

Also, I find it jarring that they use
some of the mission zero u.i prompts for the Ray MG
in Jetstream. Specifically, the
individual limb health icon which hasn't been seen since the original fight, as well as the dotted "incoming" line
Still a really awesome fight. cool to see
how far I've come in parrying

-Digits-

I just got a DS4 today and I'm using beta 3 of the XInput wrapper and don't have this problem. Do you have the 360 controller drivers installed?

No, actually. When I looked for them on the Microsoft site they only had them up to Windows 7 so I was hoping they were built into 8.1. I'll have another look.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
This story and dialogue is too Japanese for me. I need a button which skips all this awful ham fisted horse shit and drops me in to the next bit where I can cut up fools.

but COLD JAPANESE STEEL

and RIPPING GATORADE RECEPTACLES FROM DUDES' SPINAL COLUMNS

and MODERN ROBOT NINJAS

I mean you can't escape how incredibly cheesy the game is no matter what you're doing, you gotta embrace it

Mesoian

25VHiQ9.jpg

ok, this port really good
I've finally out speed sun downer

sorry for the phone picture , after i took it i remember i have capture button

Same thing happened to me. I took a video of it, I'll make a GIF later.

Edit: Holy shit, the armstrong fight sucks. So on difficulty settings that are higher than normal, I'll assume that each of these unblockable attacks that linger on the screen outside the range of your camera are 1 hit?

Man fuck that.

...That's the Y button.

Tecl0n

Was this before or after you realized you are cutting in half gigantic hulking mechs of doom?

Clawww

I can't tell if it's playing it for jokes or not. I'm British, I should be able to tell. :|

yea, it's meant to be absurd and over the top. there are some pretty overt clues--the mariachi costume, for one. oh, and, when you get lectured by Monsoon, make sure you look to the right.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
::Football Stadium applause::

Speaking of Armstrong, you haven't seen bullshit until you
attempt to no damage him in Sam's DLC
. I dunno if people found a set-pattern or Platinum unrandomized their attacks, but goddamn that fight was annoying as shit to no damage on PS3. I can't imagine doing it again on PC...

MormaPope

Banned
::Football Stadium applause::

MAN FUCK BLADE MODE.

Christ, any sort of attempt at precision with this nonsense...

The worst mechanic ever.

If you're having problems with the Armstrong fight, move the camera while in blade mode during the "cut the stuff thrown at you" moments.

Mesoian

If you're having problems with the Armstrong fight, move the camera while in blade mode during the "cut the stuff thrown at you" moments.

I did that, and it turns out the third phase of it is positioned JUST SO where you can't actually use the camera to move the strike into place.

Edit: I just had a run where literally all he did was spam the unblockable attacks. No parryable attacks. This boss sucks.

TGMIII

B.

So fucking frustrating, I'll take no damage from Armstrong until he goes up and throws the leg at you, then it's auto kill because the controls for blade mode are ass.

Just use ninja run to move around it if you're having trouble.

It's not like the controls are perfect but they work well enough to let you through that section and you're given plenty of time. It's one of the more irritating moments in the game though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
TRY UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS! COULD HAVE GONE PRO IF HE HADNT JOINED THE NAVY! HE'S NOT ONE OF THOSE BELTWAY PANSIES!

HE COULD BREAK THE PRESIDENT IN TWO!

WITH HIS BARE HANDS!

That must mean he has HUGE GUTS.

joe2187

Banned
I did that, and it turns out the third phase of it is positioned JUST SO where you can't actually use the camera to move the strike into place.

Edit: I just had a run where literally all he did was spam the unblockable attacks. No parryable attacks. This boss sucks.

Little known tip.

It's better to get hit with his one armed running unblockable hit rather than dodge it.

You'll notice which one is the correct one, it's where his arm glows gold and he's running at you with his fist up in the air. If you let yourself get hit with that unblockable, as long as you hit the right QTE's it doesnt do any damage and it basically gives you a good amount of free damage on him during the sequences. Also dont forget to grab your sword afterwards.

Mesoian

Just use ninja run to move around it.

It's not like the controls are perfect but they work well enough to let you through that section and you're given plenty of time. It's one of the more irritating moments in the game though.

Oh my god that actually works.

Game over. That one part was the only thing that was killing me. Jesus.

Yeah, I generally just dodged the things as well, trying to blade mode through them is a pretty big liability and only really worth it if you're desperate for the nanogels they drop.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Unblockable moves = dodge.
Blade mode sequence = git gud.

EDIT: Actually, the blade mode sequence kinda fucks with you.
You don't need to line up all four squares perfectly. You can slice with 2 or 3 lined up, and as long as it's in the general direction it will still work. When I first played I spent way too long lining up all four, but the whole sequence became so much easier when I realised I didn't have to. That sequence is also probably the one big part of the game that benefits from using a button to swing the sword instead of a quick flick of the stick. You can use X/Y to automate randomly aligned vertical and horizontal attacks, but the first attack of either sequence will always be the direction of your manual zandatsu. So you line up the shot with the stick, and then press the button. Bueno.

TGMIII

In the future for people having an issue with this part you can also line up the cut and then press light or heavy attack to cut rather than release the stick. Just tested it a second a go and it worked on every cut.

a bit confused with combos, as in im having a far time finding ones that i really dig yet :/

can't find a good air one.

btw: im a bit confused about when to use blade mode against fodder soldiers. is there a benefit to comboing them to death vs blade moding them off the bat?

Top Bottom