• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Regiruler

Is it possible that a parry too late results in a block?

I need to know how to adjust my timing and I keep getting blocks in the
Armstrong healing phase
instead of parries, which is how I assume you beat that bit as
I was lucky enough to go into blade mode behind him and hit the healing device
, but it takes a long time.

Lumine

About to start this for the first time. I remember some people saying one should start on hard mode right away. Is that correct? I enjoy a good challenge if the game's combat is good, but I'd rather not get stuck and get too demotivated to finish it.

Magwik

Banned
Okay I need some help.

1. fucking mastiffs
  2. can you perfect parry a mastiff?
  3. FUCKING MASTIFFS
  4. what do you do when a mastiff does an orange unblockable move?
  5. FUCKING MASTIFFS

ibzWGaV6IMuylG.gif

I need to know how to adjust my timing and I keep getting blocks in the
Armstrong healing phase
instead of parries, which is how I assume you beat that bit as
I was lucky enough to go into blade mode behind him and hit the healing device
, but it takes a long time.

Wat?
You literally run right behind him as he's healing and slice the green part in blade mode. He doesn't even turn, or move.

What you're thinking of doing sounds like making things more complicated than they need to be.

But no, I don't think blocking too late is a thing that matters. It'll still be a perfect parry.

Anteater

What's the best way to stun those mechs from shooting electrical balls? I'm pretty sure I stunned them a few times but I can't seem to do it again.

Dario ff

Banned
I was able to find the scaling value for the GUI after some work. However, it is currently unusable because it's constantly being rewritten (re-calculated) by something else, so this solution is not viable at the moment sadly.

It is constantly flickering in-game like this because Cheat Engine isn't fast enough to freeze the value how I would like it to be. Due to this, this hack is currently unusable to play through properly.
620b5.gif

This is a still frame where the GUI is correct at 1440p native. (No AA again for pixel-counting, click for full res)
235460_2014-01-11_000oeyes.png

So yeah, it should technically be possible to somehow fix that with a dirty assembly patch or tracing back the source of this value even further. So I'm just gonna wait a few weeks first to see if Platinum decide to fix the resolution thing themselves. If they do abandon the possibility of that tho, a resolution fix should be possible with just memory editing alone.

Honestly what bugs me the most so far is the refresh rate workaround. That 1920x1079 fake resolution makes everything look blurry, and I like the sharpness of native. : / At the moment I'm resorting to the nice Cheat table someone posted here that forces D3D to use 60 hz instead, so I can play properly now. It just gets a bit annoying to have to boot Cheat Engine along with it. So the buffer thing is not a priority IMO, and it would actually require more work due to having to rework how the GUI scaling is handled. (Although a proper implementation would kill two birds with one shot)

-Digits-

Wat?
You literally run right behind him as he's healing and slice the green part in blade mode. He doesn't even turn, or move.

What you're thinking of doing sounds like making things more complicated than they need to be.

But no, I don't think blocking too late is a thing that matters. It'll still be a perfect parry.

Well, shit. I couldn't figure out how to
stop his healing
. I tried the parry thing as well but I never once thought to try blade mode. I feel so dumb now!

-Digits-

I couldn't figure that out either, so I ended up having to do like..400% damage to beat him, haha.

Haha, me too. I thought that was normal. D'oh!

In other news, can anyone who's tried the Sam DLC clue me in on
Blade Wolf's mechanic? I can't just parry my way to victory it seems. I think the trick is to dodge instead of parry, at least that's what Blade Wolf seems to hint at. He's kicking my ass and it's driving me nuts.

Ended up brute forcing through it. This was way harder as Sam than as Raiden.

Mesoian

Holy fuck dude, the camera in this game is fucking terrible. It gets confused on 1v1 boss stages for christ sake. I expect more than this platinum.

LTWheels

Holy fuck dude, the camera in this game is fucking terrible. It gets confused on 1v1 boss stages for christ sake. I expect more than this platinum.

Yeah it's frustrating, especially due to the directional requirement for parries is determined by where the enemy is located in relation to the camera.

Makes Ninja Gaiden's camera look good.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Well, my television allows 60 fps in fullscreen with no issues.. Still no fix for my monitor, although I haven't fiddled with it too much since Thursday.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

No a parry too late results in a hit

Weirdest idiosincracy with the parry/block system is that it requires you to be with in a certain threat range of an attack for it to trigger.

Game is good for the most part at hidjng this and giving you want when you want it, but the drawbacks of it working this way become more apparent at higher difficulty vr missions and campaigns. You'll occasionally find yourself in situations that raiden has no right answer to in mgr.

Majukun

after trying the demo on normal,i think i'll begin the game on normal instead of hard..i'm not as good as parrying as i thought i am

Mesoian

Ugh, the Sam fight would have been so cool if you didn't have to worry about the camera clipping into random boulders or the sun literally blinding you for half the fight.

Valnen

You know, what I really want for this game after the 50hz bug is fixed are Playstation button prompts. Jarring as heck to play this with a DS4 and see Xbox button prompts.

velociraptor

Contemplating on picking this up. Does this include all the DLC? Also, what kind of performance should I expect on a 6950? Have any of you got a 6950 or 7850?

I'm hoping 1080p60 at the bare minimum.

DieH@rd

Banned
Contemplating on picking this up. Does this include all the DLC? Also, what kind of performance should I expect on a 6950? Have any of you got a 6950 or 7850?

Im have 6870, and game mostly runs at 55fps. Rare framedrops to 40, with zendatsu sometimes dropping fps to 30. I didnt mess a lot with graphical options. Some things are maybe set too high.

BTW, I have to say. Dualshock 4 + Revengeance = heaven.

Rnr1224

Holy shit this game is amazing. Im on the 3rd mission and I'm loving every second. For one, I fucking hate the mastiffs. And two I'm not great at parrying at all. I'm playing on normal but I'm still enjoying the game immensely.

TGMIII

Game comes with all the DLC including little extras like boss rush and ability to listen to codec calls. I've got a 69502GB and I get 60 max settings with some small dips when fighting multiple enemies or when I've cut up numerous enemies.

Guess Who

Banned
Contemplating on picking this up. Does this include all the DLC?

Yes, it does!

Also, what kind of performance should I expect on a 6950? Have any of you got a 6950 or 7850?

I have a 560 Ti, which is weaker than either of those, and I get a solid 1080p/60fps except while cutting dudes into lots of pieces in blade mode (and I suspect that's more CPU-bound than GPU).

Conezays

Played this on the PS3 but I just was not able to beat the final boss, so I gave up. Enjoyable game though, hope it sells well.

I was having the same problem, but finally beat it just now.

I personally found grabbing the health packs earlier in the level (even 1) to be a huge help in the final battle. At some point you'll be able to get multiple health packs, so it's not too difficult once you get to that point, let alone the abundance of QTE's. Watch out for the flame wall and his combos though.

Funny part is they aren't even the hardest part of that mission.
It forces you to get the parry timing down for their attacks, which makes them fun to fight. Pretty sure their wall jump attack has the same amount of time between initial the jump and
actually attack every time, no matter the distance. Satisfying as hell

Which DLC VR mission had the mastiffs in the dark?

Top Bottom