• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Calabi

I think it was the best advice ever. I'm so glad that I did, Normal would have been a complete pushover. Hard presented just the perfect amount of challenge to be rewarding for my first time, though. Always exciting, rarely frustrating. Normal would have bored me, a bit.

Although I suppose it has a lot to do with one's experience in the genre. This genre has been a favorite of mine since I bought Devil May Cry on day 1 back in 2001, so I was ready for it.

Its not for me I'm starting to get frustrated with it. I'm dieing a lot and progress is really slow, it wouldnt be so bad if I wasnt hit so much from things off screen or stun locked.

I think I may have to man down and restart at normal.

Permanently A

The last boss is fucking shit, really frustrating. Why? Because I got one split second to cut this fucking debris without having any idea how to. 50% chance I get through the first, 0% chance that I get through the 2nd debris. Tried 50 times already. How is that fun? Last fight really is bringing the whole game down for me.

used WASD to move the sword itself, then rotate the angle of the blade with the mouse. You also don't need to hit all 4 targets, only 2 of them

Hypron

Hah, if you think you have little time to cut Armstrong's garbage then try countering the Crimson Viper's attacks in Vanquish. You don't even have the time to move your thumb from the right stick to X.

If you listen carefully you can hear the crystal viper run towards you and prepare its attack. After a while you don't even need the button prompt anymore, and it's really satisfying.

If you listen carefully you can hear the crystal viper run towards you and prepare its attack. After a while you don't even need the button prompt anymore, and it's really satisfying.

I just beat the game on normal for the first time last night. I really want to go back in but beating it took me like two years because I get a headache after like 30 minutes of playing it and I don't want that.

Beating Vanquish on God Hard sounds like a real feat though.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

The magic of great sound design

Thrakier

used WASD to move the sword itself, then rotate the angle of the blade with the mouse. You also don't need to hit all 4 targets, only 2 of them

WAT? I don't even... XD

So can I cut with X or only with the analogue stick!? When I run under the debris, will I still geht health upgrades? Because...I need them...

Buft

Neo Member
I can't help but think had this game not come to PC I would have missed one of my favourite games of last year because i don't own a PS3. The combat is satisfying because it takes skill to play well and while I'm no expert,the times when I can pull of a rapid series of parries and dodges into a multi-person zandatsu I feel a little rush of exhilaration.
runs great on my FX-6100/ Radeon HD 6770.

Permanently A

WAT? I don't even... XD

So can I cut with X or only with the analogue stick!? When I run under the debris, will I still geht health upgrades? Because...I need them...

You need to cut the truck to get the nanopaste. If you're on a controller you can press the attack buttons to slice, light attack for a horizontal slice and heavy for a vertical. USe the left stick to move the blade, the right stick to move the angle of it

Hypron

I just beat the game on normal for the first time last night. I really want to go back in but beating it took me like two years because I get a headache after like 30 minutes of playing it and I don't want that.

Beating Vanquish on God Hard sounds like a real feat though.

God Hard is some bullshit all right, I've yet to beat the game in that mode. The two bogeys are pretty fucking hard to beat. Half their attacks kill you in one hit, the other half puts you in dying mode in one hit, and on top of that they've got a shittload of health.

I thought the second to last boss was hard (took me 110 tries to beat him), but fighting the final boss is like hitting an adamantium wall.

People think Challenge 6 is hard but it's a walk in the park compared to god hard.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Seeing some mods pop up on /v/.

Fox sword replaced with chainsaw.
11916086273_6f2cb25515_c.jpg

Sam skin for Raiden's story.

Before playing the game, I thought the zandatsu animation would get old fast. But nope -- it's always awesome. :)

What is funny is that I think the Zandatsu animation being too long was one of the biggest worries prior to the game coming out and it turned out to be the absolute least of the game's problems if a problem at all.

sorry if this has been covered, but can I earn achievements in Offline mode in this game?

I believe Steam lets you get Achievements offline? I am pretty sure it does anyway.

Anyone knows how to freely change the resolution? I wanna play it on 1600*900, since I am cloning my desktop, but it just shows 1680*1050 and so I have black bars on my TV-screen.

Airan

What a blast. The camera is a travesty, but luckily Defensive Offense has a bajillion invincibility frames that I could bear with it. I only wish RT acted as a slash in Blade Mode, would've made the final boss fight where
he throws all the junk at you
less of a crapshoot. If I flick the stick there's a chance the cutting line will move :/

Can you access Jetstream Sam's VR missions from the main menu? Because holy shit they are BRUTAL. Didn't have enough time to complete them while in game D:

Clawww

I must say, I'm dissapointed that you don't unlock a swordless fighting style after the final boss, if it doesn't have enough moves just add more in the store and change the zandatsu from cutting things to just punching the enemy in the chest and taking his spine.

yea they could have hack-jobbed a bonus melee moveset imo. jack some armstrong animations and use some of the footsword kicks without the swords. the heart-rip zandatsu alone would be worth it. he could even retain the palm palm-thrust move

I must say, I'm dissapointed that you don't unlock a swordless fighting style after the final boss, if it doesn't have enough moves just add more in the store and change the zandatsu from cutting things to just punching the enemy in the chest and taking his spine.

That would be a great mod. :eek:
I want my Hokuto no Ken style fighting :eek:

Dario ff

Banned
If I flick the stick there's a chance the cutting line will move :/
Don't flick the stick. Line it up to where you want to be, and just let go of the stick when doing precision cuts. I agree an RT would probably be more intuitive, but there's still a viable option.

wsippel

Banned
And I finally managed to finish the game. There apparently was something wrong with the timing, maybe some sort of drift. I had to press the QTE buttons roughly a second before the prompt appeared. Oh well. Great game, except for that strange bug. Not quite up there with Bayonetta or W101, but probably my third favorite Platinum game so far, slightly ahead of Vanquish.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is there a mod to change the screen buttons? im playing with a ds3 and its confusing seeing the 360 buttons.

X/A
Square/X
O/B
Triangle/Y
LR1-LRBumpers
LR2-Triggers
Select/Back
LR3-Sticks
D-pad
Sticks

There. I just saved you a mod.

Harabec

Neo Member
Took me a few tried to realize you parry in the direction of the enemy, and not in the direction of the enemy attack.

My ability to parry improved dramatically after I realized that. Still early on but the combat is fun and the story is the perfect type of over the top crazy.

2San

What a blast. The camera is a travesty, but luckily Defensive Offense has a bajillion invincibility frames that I could bear with it. I only wish RT acted as a slash in Blade Mode, would've made the final boss fight where
he throws all the junk at you
less of a crapshoot. If I flick the stick there's a chance the cutting line will move :/

Can you access Jetstream Sam's VR missions from the main menu? Because holy shit they are BRUTAL. Didn't have enough time to complete them while in game D:
Use control type B. Move the slice with the left stick and actually slice there with X or Y.

Hellcrow

Is anyone else getting a strange green box on the top of the screen? It seems to have something to do with the menu system bugging, because the help menu turns very distorted when the green box appears.

UnrealEck

I'm just waiting for some texture mods and something to change the resolution at which the game is rendered at. Some working AO would be nice too.

SOLDIER

Borderless Windowed fixes the framerate issue I was having on my TV, but which program works best? I'd like one that just auto-sets it to Borderless and properly fits the image to my screen too (in cutscenes I was getting some lines at the top of the screen).

Also is there a way to disable the mouse cursor? I'm tired of it showing up in menus and cutscenes.

Thrakier

This endboss is the worst fucking pile of shit of endbosses history. It's so frustrating that it's not actually the boss that makes it so hard, it's the fucking mini-game inbetween which I am just not able to pull of. 50% death chance first debris, 100% death chance second time. I tried it for about an hour now, I can't see this game anymore, I hate it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
This endboss is the worst fucking pile of shit of endbosses history. It's so frustrating that it's not actually the boss that makes it so hard, it's the fucking mini-game inbetween which I am just not able to pull of. 50% death chance first debris, 100% death chance second time. I tried it for about an hour now, I can't see this game anymore, I hate it.

Just run, dude. If you're bad at cutting just run. Practice it later on the harder difficulties. If the rest of the boss is cake for you, then you don't need the nanopastes.

At the start of the tossing, just Ninja Run towards him. That's it.

For some reason, jumping before starting to cut helped out immensely. Still tough as nails boss though. Took many, many tries to beat.

Clawww

mad cuz bad

seriously tho you can prolly do it if you look out for a few things, people have been posting lots of tips in this thread

2San

You only need to hit 3 of the 4 boxes and remember you can move the camera as well, so it's not just the blade you have to position correctly, but your view as well. I recommend using control type B. Where you can position the blade with left stick and position your view with the right stick and actually slash with x or y (Square or triangle).

Dario ff

Banned
Use control type B. Move the slice with the left stick and actually slice there with X or Y.
I recommend using control type B. Where you can position the blade with left stick and position your view with the right stick and actually slash with x or y (Square or triangle).

Like I realized today, there's no need to change the control type. Just letting go of the stick that controls the blade after lining it up does the same effect as pressing X or Y. No need to retrain your brain for that.

Top Bottom