• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sorry guys, you shouldn't take the quoted post seriously. The guy is obviously pulling numbers out of his arse. I posted it in hopes that you get a good laugh out of it.

I think it's because a lot of us want the game to sell well, for any number of reasons, and we're eager to see how it's done.

Gbraga

I think it's because a lot of us want the game to sell well, for any number of reasons, and we're eager to see how it's done.

Specially since most of us consider that any slim chance that we have of seeing Bayo on PC depends on how well Rising does.

We NEED it to sell well, even if only to stimulate future Platinum games on Steam.

Neiteio

Specially since most of us consider that any slim chance that we have of seeing Bayo on PC depends on how well Rising does.

We NEED it to sell well, even if only to stimulate future Platinum games on Steam.
Probably wouldn't hurt for Sega's other non-Sonic PC titles to sell better.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

They'd have to make them.

Pretty sure Sega is still sticking to their core franchise focused business model and I think that's been working out pretty well for them.

Keep hope alive though I guess

Just beat the game, overall it's super fun but a bit frustrating at times. Final boss fight wasn't too bad, died a few times until I realised I didn't have health packs selected in my inventory so I just kept dying.

The story is so stupid but fun overall

El Phenicks

Neo Member

This ! Bayo and Vanquish !
And I keep hoping this shows Konami they should release MGS The Legacy Collection and ZoE on Steam. Slim chance I know ...

I would have bought this anyway just for the added DLC's. I thought I was good at parrying but Bladewolf keeps murdering my Sam... This game is so good it's incredible.

yea the attacks are totally badass. I've always been fond of ground-shockwave-explosion--producing punches and shit. his lava rupture shit would make Terry Bogard proud

Armstrong is a disgrace to the America that Terry Bogard believes in.

I think, aside from the completely unnecessary helicopter and Blade Mode being finicky as usual, Sundowner might be the best fight.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I think MGSV PC is a pretty safe bet. Maybe not simultaneous with console release but at some point. Regardless of RIsing's sales

joe2187

Banned

Umm...well as a publisher, SEGA has a shit ton of best selling PC titles.

As a Developer....yeah, there is no Non-Sonic titles besides Nights, the Dreamcast collection the Sega Genesis collection and Virtua tennis.

Nibel

Can I get the Codec achievement through the Codec menu on the titlescreen where every conversation is unlocked? I hate this achievement

Neiteio

As a Developer....yeah, there is no Non-Sonic titles besides Nights, the Dreamcast collection the Sega Genesis collection and Virtua tennis.
Oh, that's good to hear Sega's had success in the PC space. :)

Hopefully MGRR will do well on PC, and they'll see it as more than the Metal Gear brand. Hopefully they'll realize we love it for its Platinum gameplay.

Guess Who

Banned

You know Creative Assembly and Sports Interactive are wholly owned subsidiaries of Sega, Sega's not just their publisher, right

joe2187

Banned
You know Creative Assembly and Sports Interactive are wholly owned subsidiaries of Sega, Sega's not just their publisher, right

Did not know, thats the Total War and Football manager creators right? not sure. I was just going by the Titles developed and published category on the steam index.

My point is that SEGA knows that there is legitimate success in the PC market.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sega logic is anti-logic. My logic is that if Rising was indeed ported by about four people, Sega probably should throw money at the team to bring across Bayonetta, Vanquish, and Anarchy Reigns. I'm not sure how much work was done on Rising from scratch, but I assume a little more as this is the first public release build of Platinum's engine, an engine used by those other three titles (if outdated builds). Though the short length of Rising may be countered by the length of Bayonetta, paying for QA and all. So, in my head, you'd get those games ported and up on Steam. Anarchy Reigns maybe not because of additional work on multiplayer, but Vanquish/Bayonetta should be fine. By the time a good launch discount and various early Steam sales are out of the way, you should have more than made your money back and helped cultivate an audience for your titles on the PC platform.

But I have no experience running a business, certainly not a game developer or publisher, and thus what seems like logic to me could in turn send someone bankrupt :p.

ArjanN

Concurrent != sold copies by any stretch of the imagination.

Apparently Tripwire (the Killing Floor developer) said on an episode of the PC Gamer Podcast that their peak concurrent numbers usually represent 10% of the total # unique players throughout the day.

So if that holds up 12000 players concurrent on launch would still be >100K sales.

Duxxy3

Not sure whether to get the PS3 or PC version. I would rather get the PS3 version, simply because my PC is being used for non-gaming purposes, but I want platinum to support the PC in the future.

Maybe I'll get the PS3 version now, and double dip during a steam sale.

Miker

Random question: is there a running gag with Raiden's metal chin that I missed from not playing MGS4? It gets abused in half the cutscenes. Or does Kojima or Platinum just really think Raiden's chin exploding sparks looks that awesome?

Guess Who

Banned
Random question: is there a running gag with Raiden's metal chin that I missed from not playing MGS4? It gets abused in half the cutscenes. Or does Kojima or Platinum just really think Raiden's chin exploding sparks looks that awesome?

It's only a running gag in this game.

Are you saying it doesn't look awesome?

Not sure whether to get the PS3 or PC version. I would rather get the PS3 version, simply because my PC is being used for non-gaming purposes, but I want platinum to support the PC in the future.

Maybe I'll get the PS3 version now, and double dip during a steam sale.

If your PC can handle it then definitely get the PC version. The PS3/360 versions are not even close to a flawless 60 FPS.

joe2187

Banned

There was a thing in MGS4 where Raiden had a metal chin during his days with the patriots. At the end of MGS4 raiden gets synthetic skin to cover his lower jaw to make him look more human and less of a war machine.

The gag is probably in reference to something like that, I love the part where armstrong barely misses punching him in the chin and he does a little fist pump when it misses.

Lunar15

There was a thing in MGS4 where Raiden had a metal chin during his days with the patriots. At the end of MGS4 raiden gets synthetic skin to cover his lower jaw to make him look more human and less of a war machine.

The gag is probably in reference to something like that, I love the part where armstrong barely misses punching him in the chin and he does a little fist pump when it misses.

There's even a reference to that in the description for Raiden's original cyborg body.

Duxxy3

If your PC can handle it then definitely get the PC version. The PS3/360 versions are not even close to a flawless 60 FPS.

Perfectly capable of playing it well. The thing is, I don't use my PC for gaming nearly as much as console. Normally I have a game going on a console, and my PC is streaming/converting video/doing work. I probably should just suck it up and get a non-gaming PC for work stuff.

demidar

Sega logic is anti-logic. My logic is that if Rising was indeed ported by about four people, Sega probably should throw money at the team to bring across Bayonetta, Vanquish, and Anarchy Reigns. I'm not sure how much work was done on Rising from scratch, but I assume a little more as this is the first public release build of Platinum's engine, an engine used by those other three titles (if outdated builds). Though the short length of Rising may be countered by the length of Bayonetta, paying for QA and all. So, in my head, you'd get those games ported and up on Steam. Anarchy Reigns maybe not because of additional work on multiplayer, but Vanquish/Bayonetta should be fine. By the time a good launch discount and various early Steam sales are out of the way, you should have more than made your money back and helped cultivate an audience for your titles on the PC platform.

But I have no experience running a business, certainly not a game developer or publisher, and thus what seems like logic to me could in turn send someone bankrupt :p.

If Bayonetta gets ported to PC I'd buy that in a heartbeat. No frames dropped is worth it alone, plus I don't want to have to plug my 360 back in and wait for system updates.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Raiden's chin...had a hard life.
ibzGFYhQumxqj8.gif

Uraizen

Banned
To get the High-Frequency Long Sword, you have to rank 1st in all VR missions ... are these guys serious? This better be the best sword I have ever seen in my entire life.

Miker

Sounds like I should've played MGS4. Maybe I will, one day. I've played 1 (liked), 2 (mostly liked), and 3 (loved it to death), but by the time I had a PS3, I knew MGS4's reputation (overly long, uber-wacky plot), and I had no desire to play it. Now I don't have a PS3 any more :-/

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
To get the High-Frequency Long Sword, you have to rank 1st in all VR missions ... are these guys serious? This better be the best sword I have ever seen in my entire life.

It's not. :p

I think it might make parries easier? I can't remember if that was ever confirmed or not. Even after unlocking them, I never really used any other HF blades besides the Armor Breaker or Murasama, really.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It's not. :p I think it might make parries easier? I can't remember if that was ever confirmed or not.

I think it swings slower but cuts further in Zandatsu

as the opposite to machete which cuts faster but has a shorter range.

Don't think it makes a difference when you only set up Zandatsu's through cutscenes tho

I think it might make parries easier? I can't remember if that was ever confirmed or not. Even after unlocking them, I never really used any other HF blades besides the Armor Breaker or Murasama, really.

Stun Blade is really good too but yeah those are the only ones I think are good

and Fox Blade of course

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think it swings slower but cuts further in Zandatsu

as the opposite to machete which cuts faster but has a shorter range.

Don't think it makes a difference when you only set up Zandatsu's through cutscenes tho

Ah, okay. That sounds right.

Stun Blade is really good too but yeah those are the only ones I think are good

and Fox Blade when I had to kill 100 hammer bros for the achievement

Hm, maybe I'll try the Stun Blade once I get it. And I did upgrade that Fox Blade for fun, too.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

The credits list the Platinum PC team and whilst I admittedly wasn't paying too much attention it looked to be about 10 - 15 people who ported it.

joe2187

Banned
Sounds like I should've played MGS4. Maybe I will, one day. I've played 1 (liked), 2 (mostly liked), and 3 (loved it to death), but by the time I had a PS3, I knew MGS4's reputation (overly long, uber-wacky plot), and I had no desire to play it. Now I don't have a PS3 any more :-/

If you didnt like MGS2 that much then you dodge a bullet for sure.

There are some legit great things about MGS4 but it's bogged down by how overly serious it takes itself with it's insane plot. And also trying to live up to how Awesome MGS3 was.

Top Bottom