• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
And I did upgrade that Fox Blade for fun, too.

Fox Blade is crazy fun

Breaks the game but it was like the most therapeutic shit after S Ranking revengeance and doing the VR missions

Come at me now Mastiffs see what's good

Uraizen

Banned
It's not. :p

I think it might make parries easier? I can't remember if that was ever confirmed or not. Even after unlocking them, I never really used any other HF blades besides the Armor Breaker or Murasama, really.

So it's basically a trophy sword? That's cool.

antitrop

I like how the only female boss in the game has the female vocal track in the OST. Truly this game has to be one of the finest examples of the soundtrack being perfectly cohesive with the context of the game. The way the songs accelerate in intensity to match the fight, starting out purely instrumental then injecting the vocals at just the right time as to maximize excitement, is remarkable.

I like how the only female boss in the game has the female vocal track in the OST. Truly this game has to be one of the finest examples of the soundtrack being perfectly cohesive with the context of the game. The way the fights start out purely instrumental, injecting the vocals at just the right time as to maximize excitement is remarkable.

I also feel like Mistral's boss theme is the best fitting of all the boss themes (Monsoon is second).

I like how the only female boss in the game has the female vocal track in the OST. Truly this game has to be one of the finest examples of the soundtrack being perfectly cohesive with the context of the game. The way the songs accelerate in intensity to match the fight, starting out purely instrumental then injecting the vocals at just the right time as to maximize excitement, is remarkable.
That, and the lyrics to these songs go quite well with the fights(and to some extent, even with the bosses).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Have you guys heard the vocals ONLY rips? They're pretty great. They make these songs feel fresh again.

https://www.youtube.com/user/RisingVox/videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcysNOiyKCI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0uygXYop6A

Mistral's gives me chills.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mistral's fight is super easy, but fun to play and well directed, moving to location to location and the way her hair loses its meticulous styling to become unkempt during the last two phases. And the climax of her freezing as you slice-fly above her. Mmm.

Miker

Sega logic is anti-logic.

Remember when they had Creative Assembly release a late, late port of Viking: Battle for Asgard? C'mon, son, SEGA knows what we want.

If you didnt like MGS2 that much then you dodge a bullet for sure.

There are some legit great things about MGS4 but it's bogged down by how overly serious it takes itself with it's insane plot. And also trying to live up to how Awesome MGS3 was.

Yeah, I figured as much. I still want to play it out of curiosity more than anything else. One day I'll own a PS3 again.

Regiruler

Mistral made me her bitch the first time around. It wasn't that I was dying, but rather that I was losing much more health than I was expecting so I reset to avoid scrubbing it out with 5 health pacs.

Monsoon is a good fight partly because you haven't fought a proper boss in two levels.

Lyonaz

Finished the Sam DLC on HARD today, shit was good. VR Mission 4 with all the enemies took me the longest to complete, kinda cheated by cutting up missiles from the helicopter in the 4th wave for repair nano paste. Also 3 Mastiffs can go suck it.
Liked the last VR Mission with the sidescrolling action, I would buy a game that plays like that. The combat works surprisingly well and parries was infinitely easier too.

Started the Blade Wolf DLC and Mistral's ass was soo fine, dat chair.

Clawww

Ha, 2 is my favorite and I hated 4, so that has nothin to do with it :p

I'd say 4 is still worth checking out though to decide for oneself.

2 and 3 are some of my favorite games but I never got a PS3 and I still haven't played 4 lmao

prolly will within the year as I grab a ps3 to catch a few missed gamez

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Mistral's fight is super easy, but fun to play and well directed, moving to location to location and the way her hair loses its meticulous styling to become unkempt during the last two phases. And the climax of her freezing as you slice-fly above her. Mmm.

She's also got a rad design. So do Monsoon and Sundowner, but seeing all those ports on her suit getting fitted with dwarf gecko arms was pretty sweet. I like the bads in this game way better than the B&Bs from MGS4.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
2 and 3 are some of my favorite games but I never got a PS3 and I still haven't played 4 lmao

prolly will within the year as I grab a ps3 to catch a few missed gamez

The PS3 versions of 2 and 3 are fantastic. 2 looks gorgeous as always and 3 at 60fps is hnnnngg. 2 has all the vr missions, snake tales, and alternative missions not to mention Euro Extreme, boss rush, trophies, and that sort of thing. Only missing the skateboarding. 3 is missing MGO but meh. Also off-topic but
<whisper>get Wipeout HD and Valkyria Chronicles</whisper>

She's also got a rad design. So do Monsoon and Sundowner, but seeing all those ports on her suit getting fitted with dwarf gecko arms was pretty sweet. I like the bads in this game way better than the B&Bs from MGS4.

It's pretty cool how consistent the enemy design was with MGS4. The APCs, vultures, fenrirs...even the yellow HUD! I feel like Rising retroactively made 4 a little bit better by expanding on the technology and PMCs. Also appreciate how faithful Rising was to 2. Consistently mentioning George Sears and Liberia? Thumbs up!

hodgy100

the B&B's were awful though you saw very little characterisation of them and they just kind of came and went, they didnt feel integrated into the story at all really.

Rnr1224

Fox Blade is crazy fun

Breaks the game but it was like the most therapeutic shit after S Ranking revengeance and doing the VR missions

Come at me now Mastiffs see what's good

Is it possible to S rank revengeance with the fox blade? i heard it was tough since you cant combo much. would it mostly depend on the no damage bonus toward your rank?

Smash88

Banned
Hey guys is there any mod to fix the resolution for this game as of yet? I'm still waiting to play this game... 1080p on a 1440p monitor is horrendous.

z1ggy

Finished the game and im still hyped. I need more. More.

I´m actually thinking on buying a PS3 to play more PG games.

la_briola

After beating it on normal, I instantly started newgame+ on hard and beat that too. Need to play the DLC and/or some VR missions!

hodgy100

In all honesty you are best getting a 360 for P* games, just for the bayonetta performance advantage . The wiiU is a good console for a P* fan too, W101 is a must buy and Bayo 2 is a surefire hit.

Hah that's exactly what went through my head the first time I finished it, and here I am having brought the PC version not long finished my 6th play through of the game in the last 12 months...

Have you guys heard the vocals ONLY rips? They're pretty great. They make these songs feel fresh again.

https://www.youtube.com/user/RisingVox/videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcysNOiyKCI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0uygXYop6A

Mistral's gives me chills.

Can you officially get both the tracks with vocals (with instruments of course, not the ones you linked to), and the same tracks with just instruments? I really like the instrumental version of A Stranger I Remain that is on Youtube.

Neiteio

Oh man, is this your introduction to PlatinumGames? If you want to get in on the next MGRR-esque game, the WiiU will have Bayonetta 2 and currently has Wonderful 101. For the original Bayonetta, 360 would be the way to go. And both 360 and PS3 have Anarchy Reigns and Vanquish. SO MANY GOOD GAMES.

Guess Who

Banned
Can you officially get both the tracks with vocals (with instruments of course, not the ones you linked to), and the same tracks with just instruments? I really like the instrumental version of A Stranger I Remain that is on Youtube.

The soundtrack includes both vocal and instrumental versions of each song.

the B&B's were awful though you saw very little characterisation of them and they just kind of came and went, they didnt feel integrated into the story at all really.

"That girl you just killed, someone kicked her dog when she was 5 years old. Her dad killed her mother and then her dad abandoned her at nuclear test site where she went insane eating the local plants and wildlife. I waited until after you killed her to tell you this."

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Yep, it's on Amazon.com. Should include both vocal tracks and non-vocal tracks.

Fantasmo

At
Metal Gear Excelsor
and I have no idea what to do. If I don't guess correctly I get killed.

How do I dodge the blade arms when they're coming down? How do I dodge his weird leg when he keeps picking it up and dropping it on me? Am I supposed to hit him at all here? How do I dodge the fire blasts? Am I supposed to hit him here or just wait it out? 2 Gekkos and fire blasts? This game is way too hard, it expects you to read its mind.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Is it possible to S rank revengeance with the fox blade? i heard it was tough since you cant combo much. would it mostly depend on the no damage bonus toward your rank?

Probably. Might Help with chapters with little or no human enemies allowing you to pick up no damage and no kill bonus with a fast clear time

but if you want an easy time getting S Ranks, Stun Blade, Armor Breaker and Smoke Grenades do a better job of that than Fox Blade

z1ggy

Oh man, is this your introduction to PlatinumGames? If you want to get in on the next MGRR-esque game, the WiiU will have Bayonetta 2 and currently has Wonderful 101. For the original Bayonetta, 360 would be the way to go. And both 360 and PS3 have Anarchy Reigns and Vanquish. SO MANY GOOD GAMES.

Yes, it´s my first PG game. I've been a PC gamer over a decade without owning a console since the Dreamcast.

My problem with the WII U is that it doesnt have an audio output from the console...and i dont have a TV. We'll see how i can solve this in order to play more PG games.

At
Metal Gear Excelsor

How do I dodge the blade arms when they're coming down? How do I dodge his weird leg when he keeps picking it up and dropping it on me? Am I supposed to hit him at all here? How do I dodge the fire blasts? Am I supposed to hit him here or just wait it out? 2 Gekkos and fire blasts? This game is way too hard, it expects you to read its mind.
Parry everything duh

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
At
Metal Gear Excelsor

If you haven't purchased Defensive Offense, do it now. You can dodge every single attack with Defensive Offensive with the exception of the side swipes (those can be dodged with Ninja Run). Yes, you are supposed to be hitting his legs. You have to wait out the laser blasts with Ninja Run.

Parry everything duh

You can parry, but you actually take block damage.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
If you haven't purchased Defensive Offense, do it now. You can dodge every single attack with Defensive Offensive with the exception of the side swipes (those can be dodged with Ninja Run). Yes, you are supposed to be hitting his legs. You have to wait out the laser blasts with Ninja Run.

Well you can slash the blades too when they're stuck in the ground for a bit.

Miker

At
Metal Gear Excelsor

No need to dodge. Excelsus is actually really easy. You can parry all of its blade attacks (remember to point the stick towards Excelsus itself). You can ninja run to avoid the laser blasts. Hell, the laser blasts kill the gekkos and make them Zandatsu-able, so you can replenish your health and fuel during the fight itself.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
"That girl you just killed, someone kicked her dog when she was 5 years old. Her dad killed her mother and then her dad abandoned her at nuclear test site where she went insane eating the local plants and wildlife. I waited until after you killed her to tell you this."

I know, right. Up until MGS4 it was commonly thought that Dead Cell was the most boring group and that COBRA was the least developed with the least backstory, but B&B easily took both of those titles. Desperado, on the other hand, feel to Raiden like what FOXHOUND was to Solid Snake. Memorable, fun to fight, and uniquely freakish.

Fantasmo

You can parry, but you actually take block damage.

That's impossible... his fire moves faster than I do!!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That's impossible... his fire moves faster than I do!!

They don't.

Once that section initiates, run back so that you have enough distance. Then when he starts firing the laser AT you, Ninja Run laterally and it will miss. When he starts firing the laser sweep from left to right, just stay at the far side away from him and he simply can't hit you at all. Make sure you're Ninja running... holding down the left trigger.

Neiteio

Yes, it´s my first PG game. I've been a PC gamer over a decade without owning a console since the Dreamcast.

My problem with the WII U is that it doesnt have an audio output from the console...and i dont have a TV. We'll see how i can solve this in order to play more PG games.
It's all good. The game library will grow and the individual games/console will come down in price, so it'll work out well, whenever you get around to it. :)

Hopefully we'll see more Platinum ports come to PC, though. Bayonetta, Vanquish and Anarchy Reigns would all be fantastic.

Dahbomb

It depends on which kind of swipe. There's the one armed swiped and the double armed swipe. Single arm swipe you can Ninja Run jump over (or just a regular jump). With two arms you have to dodge through it.

You can parry it too but you take some block damage against it so I wouldn't recommend it. The leg stomp you can parry safely.

The beams you just ninja run and jump around. You also should be positioned way back away from him so the lasers have the least chance of hitting you.

Top Bottom