• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater | Tokyo Game Show 2024 Trailer

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Doing it in order. MGS3, 1, 2 then 4. MGSV doesn't need a remake.
Surely they’d need MG1 and 2 in there.

Luckily it should be an easier task than MGS1. MG and MG2 are too short to be separate games, so unless you pack boring fake content to fill it out (like FFVII) they’d ideally be combined into a single game with a time jump, similar to Tanker-Plant transition in MGS2.

MG1/2 are also the least ‘Kojima’ of the series, and just do a basic riff on Hollywood films of the time. This means it should be easier to approach.

They picked the game >cheapest< to re/make/master first and foremost.
Everything is already there in MGS3, all the mo-cap is done, all VA is done, all levels are done. This remake costs nothing basically (i mean, of course it costs something, but 1/20 at most of the original release dev cost, which was i think ~ 15 mil $), only remodelling and retexturing.

A proper MGS1 remake would need to be built from scratch and cost as much as any modern AAA game.
Plus canonically, playing MGS 3 first makes more sense.

Kerotan

Luckily it should be an easier task than MGS1. MG and MG2 are too short to be separate games, so unless you pack boring fake content to fill it out (like FFVII) they’d ideally be combined into a single game with a time jump, similar to Tanker-Plant transition in MGS2.

MG1/2 are also the least ‘Kojima’ of the series, and just do a basic riff on Hollywood films of the time. This means it should be easier to approach.
I think they're just sticking to the Metal Gear solid series. If it's a success like the resident evil remakes have I think they'll go ahead and remake MG1/2.

RaduN

Plus canonically, playing MGS 3 first makes more sense.
They are not mean to be played canonically.
They are meant to be played in release order, i mean, this doesn't even need to be stated.
All sequels, regardless if they are prequels or not, are thematically and narratively created with the previous games in mind.

But fair enough, 3 is the easiest to get into, even if one starts diectly with it, because the surface layer is done in such a way that is easier to understand by the casual player. You still lose about half of its meaningfullness this way.

RaduN

I think they're just sticking to the Metal Gear solid series. If it's a success like the resident evil remakes have I think they'll go ahead and remake MG1/2.

Mg2 is aleady a remake of Mg1 and MGS1 is a remake of Mg2.
There is little to no point in remaking those 2.
It'll never happen.

Badlucktroll

Gold Member

They should do MG 1 and 2 as one game then sell it as MGS6 with Hayter writing the script

Top Bottom