• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater | Tokyo Game Show 2024 Trailer

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
These are huge wait and sees for me.

I want both to be great, I love both IP, but those teams are suspect and no matter how good both look, you still play a game, how they play will be a big deal and that remains a mystery.

I don't trust either teams, they have to prove they can actually make those IPs

Hence the "wait and see until it's actually released" 👌

Embearded

I have always liked the white sneaking suit design. She is one of the coolest looking characters.
You see that suit early in the game and say "there is no way this color would ever help her in any situation" and then the final battle takes place and everything clicks in.

I am very excited for this part of the game.

Ponderling

Something really off about the character's faces, their skin looks like rubber with too much light passing through. Ocelot looks especially weird.
I would believe someone if they told me this was a fan-made trailer.

Last edited:
Here's the full MGS Delta segment from this morning at TGS (no EN subtitles):

This is definitely the most impressive character rendering I've seen in a game.

AMJ0h8o.jpeg
KBN2Kw8.jpeg

The next Mortal Kombat game on Unreal Engine 5 is going to look absolutely bananas, oh-my-gawd.

Last edited:

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
They should do a remake of Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake on Unreal Engine 5, which the script written by David Hayter, and starring Hayter and Kiefer Sutherland, then it could also masquerade as MGS 6.

Arachnid

Well...you need to remember this isn't the exact same team that made the original and chances are, Konami felt it was better to be as close to the original title is feasible, which means they may not be able to make a lot of wild changes.
Silent Hill 2 also has a lot of old team members with Konami pushing faithfulness. I would shit myself if I had to load every apartment door in 2024.

There is no way Kojima would let loading screens between areas remain if he was working on this remake. It just feels lazy.

Looks great. Volgin id say looks even better than the Pachinko version but Revolver Ocelot, something is off. His pachinko version is way better. Cant wait to see the 5 bosses design.

Pachinko:
DQRRMRt.jpeg

Delta:

RXQSc8I.jpeg
Counterpoint:

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Looks lifeless and terrible. Really bad.
There is no saving this one.
The original is already perfection.

This project is a complete waste of time. Surely someone out there can at least attempt to make a new entry in the series. What are they afraid of? Just do it.

Zacfoldor

For me, besides the OG on PS1, Snake Eater was by far my favorite MGS.

I think it is just, I mean I hated 2, I know yall like it or whatever, but I still feel it was a huge bait and switch playing as Raiden instead of Snake. MGS2 is like my TLOU2. I never got over the betrayal, and would never give any bullshit "points" a chance after I was betrayed. I'd rather play a full God of War game as Boy than play another MGS game as anyone but David Hayter.

I felt like 3 was a return to form and an answer to those criticisms and it just worked out perfectly. It is a perfect game. There is no better moment than overlooking that base with Snake in profile. The music, the story, the ENDING, Snake Eater is truly one of my goats, so if it is just a 1 to 1 copy of that with bad facial animations, I'm still in. What a game. What a thrill. Snake Eeeeettaaaaaaa.

This game is almost too good to screw up, so I'm not that worried. Silent Hill 2 on the other hand...I hope it's good.

Last edited:

RaduN

For me, besides the OG on PS1, Snake Eater was by far my favorite MGS.

I think it is just, I mean I hated 2, I know yall like it or whatever, but I still feel it was a huge bait and switch playing as Raiden instead of Snake. MGS2 is like my TLOU2. I never got over the betrayal, and would never give any bullshit "points" a chance after I was betrayed. I'd rather play a full God of War game as Boy than play another MGS game as anyone but David Hayter.

I felt like 3 was a return to form and an answer to those criticisms and it just worked out perfectly. It is a perfect game. There is no better moment than overlooking that base with Snake in profile. The music, the story, the ENDING, Snake Eater is truly one of my goats, so if it is just a 1 to 1 copy of that with bad facial animations, I'm still in. What a game. What a thrill. Snake Eeeeettaaaaaaa.

This game is almost too good to screw up, so I'm not that worried. Silent Hill 2 on the other hand...I hope it's good.

I agree that Snake Eater is the absolute GOAT. Expect for some pacing issues here and there, not only the story is absolutely fantastic and charming, the character study prowess is unmatched, plain and simple. And it's not just one character in focus, it's all of them. Yeah, and best boss fights ever and stuff.

But please, don't put Sons of Liberty and Tlou2 in the same sentence. Sure SoL left many "dissapointed" at the time because of Raiden, but, after the dust settled, the characters, themes, God damn prophetic nature of the narrative, were all done masterfully. Truly an experience for the ages. Ffs, peolpe are still writting essays on this one after more than two decades.

Tlou2, on the other hand, while interesting in theory, lacked the subtle obsever and competent writer/director to make the characterisation and important plot threads believable and ultimately meaningful. It's pretty though.

Silent Hill 2 remake has narrative issues too serious to ignore, as amply shown in the threads. Who knows, maybe, just as Konami listened to The Boss design critiques, those peiole with the Sh2Re team will to, though i doubt that.

Embearded

Pffff
Both MGS2 and TLoU2 are terrific games.
I don't like MGS2 Raiden either, but the game is brilliant.
It also had great content out of main story, with Snake Tales and VR.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Ocelot has an action hero jaw instead of the slightly more pointed anime chin he originally had. That might be what's throwing people off. If this is like the Resident Evil Remakes and they intend to go forward with a uniform set of "Reinterpreted," character designs, I guess it makes sense, but I can't see THIS version of young Ocelot growing up into Liquid Ocelot.

Denton

Could you imagine a MGS1 remake where you get to play the Shell mission from the point of view of snake. That would be a dream.
Shell was in MGS2. But yeah it would be cool if such remake contained the original game (tanker as Snake and Shell as Raiden) and as a bonus also had a prequel with Snake as Plissken. Although I am not sure Konami has anyone who would be able to write and design it well in Kojima's absence. Maybe if they hired KojiPro to do it..

Kerotan

Shell was in MGS2. But yeah it would be cool if such remake contained the original game (tanker as Snake and Shell as Raiden) and as a bonus also had a prequel with Snake as Plissken. Although I am not sure Konami has anyone who would be able to write and design it well in Kojima's absence. Maybe if they hired KojiPro to do it..
True. For clarification I meant playing as snake during the shell mission. So diffusing the bombs in the Shell 2 struts and flying around in the kasatka etc for the harrier fight. Also as you mentioned infiltrating as pliskin.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Wasn't that actually a plan at some point? Or am i remembering just some rumours from way back?
I think it was rumors around the time of Substance. I remember when it released a lot of people were disappointed with the Snake Tales being non canon walls of text between short gameplay because people were expecting them to cover Snake’s side of the Big Shell.

MetalRain

Looks great, but personally I don't understand why they are doing this remaster.

It would make sense if they want to revitalize the series in preparation for next game, but I don't think there will be new mainline MGS games anymore.

Last edited:
Looks great, but personally I don't understand why they are doing this remaster.

It would make sense if they want to revitalize the series in preparation for next game, but I don't think there will be new mainline MGS games anymore.
They are trying to play it safe. They picked the game that many people think is the best Metal Gear and do a remake.

A new Metal Gear, without Kojima, would be a more risky and maybe more expensive move.

Last edited:

I expect them to remake the entire series, chronologically.

Remaking the original PS1 MGS will be more challenging though considering a lot of the gameplay was dependant on the top-down view.

RaduN

They are trying to play it safe. They picked the game that many people think is the best Metal Gear and do a remake.

A new Metal Gear, without Kojima, would be a more risky and maybe more expensive move.

They picked the game >cheapest< to re/make/master first and foremost.
Everything is already there in MGS3, all the mo-cap is done, all VA is done, all levels are done. This remake costs nothing basically (i mean, of course it costs something, but 1/20 at most of the original release dev cost, which was i think ~ 15 mil $), only remodelling and retexturing.

A proper MGS1 remake would need to be built from scratch and cost as much as any modern AAA game.

Kerotan

Doing it in order. MGS3, 1, 2 then 4. MGSV doesn't need a remake.

Top Bottom