• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

hulot

BruceLeeRoy said:
11sm.jpg

Would it be possible to get a version of this without the CG characters. Just pure Shinkawa?

Barrett2

BlockBastard said:
Oh God, the internet is in total chaos. One of my IRL friends has fallen to the spoilers.

There goes hanging out with him tomorrow. :lol

If he starts saying anything MGS related, use some CQC on him.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
BlockBastard said:
Oh God, the internet is in total chaos. One of my IRL friends has fallen to the spoilers.

There goes hanging out with him tomorrow. :lol

:lol

damn this shyt has gotten bad!

Yoboman

Klone.K said:
I'm still checking them out to see the gameplay "spoilers" if you can call them that. Since I don't care about the gameplay I want to know what I should expect and what options, surprises etc will there be to make that part of the game more bearable for me. Things like the list of unlockables etc that make it more interesting.
You're so weird :lol

Klone.K

Anyway, none of these are spoilers but some interesting things I picked up while browsing various forums. So far I've been carefull enough to avoid any story spoilers beyond the first one I slipped into.

-The ending seems to be very divisive.
-The amount of gameplay/cutscene ratio is apparently a step back from MGS3's more balanced distribution.
-The story is a mindfuck. I mean I can pretty much confirm this just from the one spoiler I've read, Kojima goes batshit insane in this one. You will definitely need to replay this to grasp everything thrown at you.
-As far as gameplay unlockables there's a shitload and I actually found them really amusing. They'll definitely make the gameplay more fun.

Crateman

Ok, this is worse than I thought. Thank god all of my browsing right now consist of GAF, Facebook -I don't have any "gamer" friends, so I'm pretty safe- and site without any kind of gaming related content. I still read my RRS feeds from gaming news sites, but I avoid any kind of comments or whatsoever.

Klone.K said:
Anyway, none of these are spoilers but some interesting things I picked up while browsing various forums. So far I've been carefull enough to avoid any story spoilers beyond the first one I slipped into.

-The ending seems to be very divisive.
-The amount of gameplay/cutscene ratio is apparently a step back from MGS3's more balanced distribution.
-The story is a mindfuck. I mean I can pretty much confirm this just from the one spoiler I've read, Kojima goes batshit insane in this one. You will definitely need to replay this to grasp everything thrown at you.
-As far as gameplay unlockables there's a shitload and I actually found them really amusing. They'll definitely make the gameplay more fun.

All of this sounds good to me.

Sallokin

Fina1e said:
Leaked in the UK supposedly.

Cheeky bastards!!! Looks like I'm trying my luck at all my local K-marts this weekend. They pulled through for me when it came to getting Mass Effect early.

Klone.K

AVOID (at least for the next 7 days) ANY Youtube links. Seriously, I mean any. There have been coded links posted in the descriptions of several newer youtube Video`s that lead to either spoilerific MGS4 images or to a massive thread spoiling the entire ending in giant fonts. These video's have all been posted the past 2 hours of varrying subjects (apparently one is hidden in an Obama victory speech video) and other seemingly unrelated video's as well. The casualties are mounting on gamefaqs massively. hell...Just plain AVOID youtube. It's only a matter of time before video's with spoilers in the title overflow the site. ;__;

Sallokin

Klone.K said:
AVOID (at least for the next 7 days) ANY Youtube links. Seriously, I mean any. There have been coded links posted in the descriptions of several newer youtube Video`s that lead to either spoilerific MGS4 images or to a massive thread spoiling the entire ending in giant fonts. These video's have all been posted the past 2 hours of varrying subjects (apparently one is hidden in an Obama victory speech video) and other seemingly unrelated video's as well. The casualties are mounting on gamefaqs massively. hell...Just plain AVOID youtube. It's only a matter of time before video's with spoilers in the title overflow the site. ;__;

This is starting to border on the absurd. How much pleasure can you take in spoiling people you've never met?

Klone.K

Sallokin said:
This is starting to border on the absurd. How much pleasure can you take in spoiling people you've never met?

No shit...This is worse than GTA4 and Halo3 combined.

btw, your avatar makes me read your posts with an Otacon voice in mind. Sounds really funny XD

Sallokin

Klone.K said:
No shit...This is worse than GTA4 and Halo3 combined.

btw, your avatar makes me read your posts with an Otacon voice in mind. Sounds really funny XD

I could... you know... talk dirty if you want...

Klone.K

Sallokin said:
I could... you know... talk dirty if you want...

lmfao, that's fucking creepy man XD
Especially cuz cant help but envision him saying that to seduce his
stepmother
before banging her.

Klone.K

One problem with the storyline people are mentioning...This quote by a gamefaq member pretty much sums it up.

"That's the simple truth because MGS4 takes retconning to such an extreme level that every other game in the series might as well be non-canon"

I really hope that's an exagguration by like...9000%

Crateman

Klone.K said:

SHIT JUST GOT REAL, SON!!!

This makes me feel like in a real state of emergency!:lol

The only thing I would want to know about the game has to deal with an image that was posted here on GAF last week. The image was taken at some kind of press event where people where playing MGS4. The image sparked a lot of discussion and people where theorizing about it. I've seen the image and I would like to confirm what it showed... I don't want anybody responding, but it's something I would like to know... Hell, if I already saw the image, at least I want confirmation.
---

I like the fact that people are reporting that the story is a complete mindfuck. That's what I loved about MGS2 and having the same level of complexity is great for me.

Klone.K

Crateman said:
SHIT JUST GOT REAL, SON!!!

This makes me feel like in a real state of emergency!:lol

The only thing I would want to know about the game has to deal with an image that was posted here on GAF last week. The image was taken at some kind of press event where people where playing MGS4. The image sparked a lot of discussion and people where theorizing about it. I've seen the image and I would like to confirm what it showed... I don't want anybody responding, but it's something I would like to know... Hell, if I already saw the image, at least I want confirmation.
---

I like the fact that people are reporting that the story is a complete mindfuck. That's what I loved about MGS2 and having the same level of complexity is great for me.

I didnt confirm or even imply anything guys. 0_o Just that I got spoiled about something.

Crateman

Klone.K said:
*something something*

Well... at least that image posted long ago got me REALLY pumped about the story. It's just like if I had ripped the corner of one of my Christmas presents and now I know that I'll be getting an SNES cart. I don't know which, but at least I know it's a SNES cart :D

jiggle

sorry u got spoiled Klone, but your posts are starting to crossover into spoiler territory without actually writing out the actual spoiler. at least use spoiler tags omg.

SpudBud

If you have your PSN tag listed in your GAF profile I recommend you remove it.

Some fucks were able to spoil Halo 3 for some of us by messaging our gamertags.

The next week is going to be hell. :/

Klone.K

HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I was browsing a fucking celebrity blog and a FUCKNORMOUS MGS4 image was poosted in it!! The spoiler was fucking gargantuan I mean...fuck...I feel raped now.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck

I'm seriously depressed now, fuckery. Fuck

Barrett2

Klone.K said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I was browsing a fucking celebrity blog and a FUCKNORMOUS MGS4 image was poosted in it!! The spoiler was fucking gargantuan I mean...fuck...I feel raped now.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck

Jesus Christ; it looks like this has turned into a massive situation. This is total lock down, people. It's time to create a short list of websites you can trust, and do not deviate from them!

man I'm glad I'm going to be in the virgin islands, away from the Internet for
the next 7 days. I get to come home unspoiled and pick it up the next day.

Yoboman

Klone.K said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Fuck fuck fuck fuck

I'm seriously depressed now, fuckery. Fuck
Bad luck, but you should've taken your own advice and avoided comment sections of sites. Don't take it out on us

This is the only place I feel safe. I hope it stays that way, too. If I can successfully come to this thread and continue discussion without being spoiled until I beat the game, I will seriously write a love letter to GAF.

Bulla564

Banned
Screw MGS4. Sneaking around the internet without getting spoiled is the best game Kojima has created.

I'm living on the edge even by being in this thread.

dralla

Don't look out your windows, I just looked outside and there was some guy holding up a sign with MGS4 spoilers!! wTFZZZ

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
brandonh83 said:
This is the only place I feel safe. I hope it stays that way, too. If I can successfully come to this thread and continue discussion without being spoiled until I beat the game, I will seriously write a love letter to GAF.
wait, why do you feel safe here? im just here to see if the OP updates the banner BUT IM NERVOUS AS FUCK.

Klone.K

lawblob said:
Jesus Christ; it looks like this has turned into a massive situation. This is total lock down, people. It's time to create a short list of websites you can trust, and do not deviate from them!

Im fucking freaked out, Im seriously not taking my chances anymore Im plain not going anywhere but this thread til the 12th. I mean FUCK, whyd that damn fuck have to post a completely unrelated gigantic fucking spoiler image??!!

There is no site you can trust...This one seems to be the only one so far thats been safe.
Seriously fucking assholes that are spoiling this game for fun should bhe shot.

Crateman

Ok. Now I'm really, really scared. Seriously.

If things are as bad as they are now tomorrow, then now I'll really pull the plug and avoid everything outside my safe MSN, Facebook and 1Up Podcasts.

I'll start kissing goodbye my RSS reader and NeoGAF... yes, even the OT.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Bulla564 said:
Screw MGS4. Sneaking around the internet without getting spoiled is the best game Kojima has created.

I'm living on the edge even by being in this thread.
its true :O

kojima = genius

neogaf is the first mission and gamefaqs is the final boss >___>

-COOLIO- said:
wait, why do you feel safe here? im just here to see if the OP updates the banner BUT IM NERVOUS AS FUCK.

well compared to everywhere else on the internet, this feels like an... outer... haven. I mean yes that could change on THIS PAGE.

Stench

Banned
Okay, if you've been spoiled,

a) No one gives a rat's ass;

b) DON'T WRITE ANY STUPID FUCKING "HINTS" THAT GIVE PASSIVE REFERENCES TO THE TWISTS WITHIN THE GAME

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
as the days go on we'll start dropping like flies (in the sense that we'll smacked upside the head by spoilers one by one), until only a select few can play mgs4 in all its unspoilered glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom